AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-10-24, 09:20   Link #541
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

@ above

If it turns out the Admiralty Code is a Nazi entity it would instantly plummet this whole story to the depths of fanfic cheesiness

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2013-10-24 at 10:34.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 10:10   Link #542
setsuna86

Is it only me, who thinks that the Admiralty Code can be Nagara, whose core is nowhere to be found?
setsuna86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 10:27   Link #543
Tim yy
SS Abysmal Gale

Maybe you guys forgot that AC wears a spacesuit that bears an American flag.
-Instead of focusing so much on the World Wars, maybe people can look for clues in important astronomical/space discoveries during those periods.

Clearly, fog technology is far ahead of that of a human's, decades in advance or even centuries.
-It's not farfetched to say "Fog technology" existed way before the World Wars and the Cold war.
What are other breakthroughs in science, technology, or even society at the time prior?

Behind the AC there is a beautiful scenery, clues points to that it's somewhere in Europe.
-has anyone been able to identify it? Or maybe offer some theories as to where that is? (Don’t tell me that's Mount Doom from LOTR, but it could be the Misty Mountains)

Year 1945 we all know marks the start of a New Era for humanity. I believe May 1st was a made-up date that had no infraction with the "real" events happened in that year. As to why author picked that date, maybe we can discover something significant about that date in different cultures.
As for the date itself, it's full of intricacies that connected several events stated in the "Fog timeline" and in the manga. Usually more and more will be revealed as the story develops.

I strongly doubt it had anything to do with Hilter's death, or anything to do with him at all.
Hilter and his deeds were a tragic to humanity. It's much too depressing for a light-hearted manga to delve into. I think the manga is doing as much as it can to drive us away from the actual events of the war and refilling us with a sense of awe in an overbeing, who took the hardware produced in that era and made something complete remarkable.

Last edited by Tim yy; 2013-10-24 at 14:01.
Tim yy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 12:16   Link #544
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim yy View Post

I strongly doubt it had anything to do with Hilter's death, or anything to do with him at all.
Hilter and his deeds were a tragic to humanity. It's much too depressing for a light-hearted manga to delve into. I think the manga is doing as much as it can to drive us away from the actual events of the war and refilling us with a sense awe in an overbeing, who took the hardware produced in that era and made something complete remarkable.
It failed in that regard the moment all ships were made copies of WWII ships and failed further the moment Bismarck was the last to have seen the Admirality Code.

I guess the reason people go this route in their thinking is that there are lots of rumors about WWII Ufo's having actually been german aicraft, and a certain US-Admiral having had his 4000 men being pushed back by agressive penguins certainly didn't help to calm the rumors down. (the more plausible variant is that there were a lot iof hidden submarines there)

So its probably the rumors about these flying saucers existing why people think Germany as soon as its WWII Ships with uber technology.

Another lead to it is that Bismarck was the last one to see the Admirality code.
Whether it turns out to be a red hering has yet to be seen.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2013-10-24 at 12:31.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 13:11   Link #545
NHunter

Well, in 1940-s, the absolute majority of the scientific advances were made either by Germans (in order to win/change the tide of the war) and by USA (whose territory wasn't invaded). It might just be pure luck the AC was last seen in Europe and not near the Eastern coast of USA. BTW, isn't Greenland technically a part of Europe too - it belongs to Denmark?

Back on the topic of AC, I also don't believe that Nazi have had much role in the creation of the 'Fleet of Fog' beyond providing some of the prototypes for hulls' shapes and their scientists somehow managing to cause the disappearance of AC. After all, the AC appeared long before the Hitler's regime was established.

Also, about the "Bismarck sisters"... Why is that many people automatically assume that those are Bismarck's twin Mental Models? Bismarck had a 'sister' Tirpitz after all... Though I'm not sure, how much time those two spent together...
NHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 13:52   Link #546
Tim yy
SS Abysmal Gale

Whatever AC might be at the time (before 1945) it didn't stay in human's sight for much longer. Its existence was only a shadow of doubt.

The "impartial activation" of AC on May 1st 1945 did something. Perhaps that made most of them took on physical shapes, and claimed the designs of the most powerful navigational hardware at the time, great battleships, carriers etc.
If AC was "activated" today, who know what form it will take? Maybe Jumbo jet planes? Bulletspeed trains? Fire Trucks? Gundams?

The actual Bismark was sunk in 1941, so there couldn't be a Bismark Fogship before that. The timeline implied the encounter with Bismark Sisters happened in 1943, this could be with just the Mental Models or Sparks…I mean Cores that could talk (lol).

Bismark Sisters was also implied as the last witness of AC. This might mean that Bismark Fogship was formed very close to AC at the time it was "reactivated" in Europe. (RIP all the myth about Bermuda)

Germans and Japanese might be the one first to discover the existence of Fog, but I don't think they are the ones created them.
Old 2013-10-24, 14:12   Link #547
DLRevan

I didn't mean to imply that the AC was Nazi. Even if Hitler's regime had something do do with it, it could still be colored neutral as an entity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHunter View Post
After all, the AC appeared long before the Hitler's regime was established.
When was this mentioned? I don't recall, or I must have missed it.

There is definitely something about the Fog related to the announcement of Hitler's death. There is nothing really significant about the 1st of May before the year 1945, at least nothing that appears to be related to mysteries, technology, navies or the ocean. That day in that year is not known for anything else either. Since it was mentioned, nothing related to space/astronomy. Nothing significant related to the USA either. Its also...well...May day.

I really doubt its a coincidence that AP just randomly picked that day alongside the year 1945, when the Fog are based off WWII ships. Could be an intentional red herring of course.

On the AC and the spacesuit, it seems to me that the AC, if it is an entity at all, appears to have followed and has great interest in key moments in human history. The end of WWII was one, and landing on the moon was another. I assume that is what the spacesuit with the flag represents. Now in the arpeggio timeline we seem to be coming upon yet another such moment, courtesy of Gunzo & co.
DLRevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 15:46   Link #548
Tim yy
SS Abysmal Gale

Quote:
When was this mentioned? I don't recall, or I must have missed it.
This is in the Fog Timelines, most are found in the back cover of new volumes (I.e. Volume 3, 4, 5 and 7) I think. We did a translation of our own in page 21-22 on this forum.

Quote:
There is definitely something about the Fog related to the announcement of Hitler's death.
Sorry to disappoint, but other than readers own research result, not even one word is mentioned about this guy's death in the manga.

Quote:
I really doubt its a coincidence that AP just randomly picked that day alongside the year 1945, when the Fog are based off WWII ships. Could be an intentional red herring of course.
I stated an explanation in my theories above.

Quote:
On the AC and the spacesuit, it seems to me that the AC, if it is an entity at all, appears to have followed and has great interest in key moments in human history.
Well, If this is so, then I'm guessing AC is really old-school...
So much for my "girl from space" idea
Old 2013-10-24, 17:57   Link #549
Arael

Quote:
This is in the Fog Timelines, most are found in the back
Well, If this is so, then I'm guessing AC is really old-school...
So much for my "girl from space" idea
AC is secretly The Holy Grail from Fate Extra.
Old 2013-10-24, 20:34   Link #550
Tenzen12

Actualy I am not sure if space suit girl is admirality code itself, it's likely but it was never explicitly stated. AC might be neither ship nor mental model.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 21:49   Link #551
DLRevan

Quote:
Sorry to disappoint, but other than readers own research result, not even one word is mentioned about this guy's death in the manga.
There doesn't have to be, else it wouldn't be a twist. That being said, I think I need to read those timelines then. The special book only has a timeline from 1990s to the present 2056, I didn't think there was more.
Old 2013-10-24, 22:12   Link #552
Tim yy
SS Abysmal Gale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Actualy I am not sure if space suit girl is admirality code itself, it's likely but it was never explicitly stated. AC might be neither ship nor mental model.
Err...I don't think anyone other than the AC would have such a unique earring like her's.
(jokes)

It was her who halted Maya's attack right?
and Musashi is referring to the AC "she hasn't disappeared after all" when the space girl made her appearance right?

If she's not AC then she must be the girl from space

Last edited by Tim yy; 2013-10-24 at 22:25.
Old 2013-10-24, 22:24   Link #553
Tim yy
SS Abysmal Gale

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
There doesn't have to be, else it wouldn't be a twist. That being said, I think I need to read those timelines then. The special book only has a timeline from 1990s to the present 2056, I didn't think there was more.
What's the big twist though? Are you saying it's Hitler who initiated the European Civil war, which happened a century after his death?

Just read the Wiki again to be sure, isn't Hilter's death was officially announced on the 2nd of May 1945? and he killed himself on the 30th of April? Still nothing points to May 1st.
Old 2013-10-24, 22:36   Link #554
Tranhieu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Who knows? But that astronaut has a big American flag on her back so maybe the US already infiltrated the Fog rank at some point.
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 00:16   Link #555
NHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranhieu View Post
Who knows? But that astronaut has a big American flag on her back so maybe the US already infiltrated the Fog rank at some point.
And since one Nagato's Mental Models is smoking, 'Fog' has purged everyone from healthcare from their ranks...

Back to AC, though. While what we saw might really be not the AC herself, that was at very least an avatar of hers. And AC definitely could channel her control over the 'Fleet of Fog' through this avatar - otherwise, how did she stop Haruna?

As for the AC's choice of clothing... Well, AC isn't really against humanity. And while she might have been missing for years, no one said she hasn't kept an eye on the world. Who knows, maybe the feat of sending the manned expeditions to the moon left her impressed enough?
NHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 00:38   Link #556
DLRevan

Quote:
What's the big twist though? Are you saying it's Hitler who initiated the European Civil war, which happened a century after his death?
Its not anything 'special' in terms of twists for this series I think. I just thought it was a trigger for the activation of the cores somehow. Let's not focus so much on the fact that he died somewhere around that date (and lets just say he really died. Speculating that he lived is just too cheesy).

The 'end' of the war in Europe could be taken to be 7th of may, which is the official date of surrender of all German forces.

But to some people the war ended on or around the 1st of May, because of Hitler's death. The Fog, however they existed at the time, whether they were created at the time or not or by human hands, has some connection with this event. After all there is the obvious WWII connection in their ships.

That's all I'm reading into it, nothing too profound or 'Hitler' specific.
Old 2013-10-25, 08:06   Link #557
Tim yy
SS Abysmal Gale

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
But to some people the war ended on or around the 1st of May, because of Hitler's death. The Fog, however they existed at the time, whether they were created at the time or not or by human hands, has some connection with this event. After all there is the obvious WWII connection in their ships.

That's all I'm reading into it, nothing too profound or 'Hitler' specific.
aright, thanks for the clarification.

Why Fog took form in Old Era Ships is one of the questions Gunzo asked Hyuuga. She didn't answer that question back then, but hopefully we'll get more clues.
Old 2013-10-28, 11:08   Link #558
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I was rereading the manga and notice something.

According to Kyōhei, the top 5 student during their academy days was Kotono, Gunzō, Iona, Maruri and Sō by order of rank. This would mean both Iona and Kotono may have meet before the latter's "death". Since Kotono was Gunzō's childhood friend, the theory that Kotono that went to the academy was a Yamato mental model is kinda moot.

PS: Is Cruz Herder an US Navy or US Marine?
Old 2013-10-28, 11:35   Link #559
Tim yy
SS Abysmal Gale

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I was rereading the manga and notice something.

According to Kyōhei, the top 5 student during their academy days was Kotono, Gunzō, Iona, Maruri and Sō by order of rank. This would mean both Iona and Kotono may have meet before the latter's "death". Since Kotono was Gunzō's childhood friend, the theory that Kotono that went to the academy was a Yamato mental model is kinda moot.

PS: Is Cruz Herder an US Navy or US Marine?
I don't remember Iona attended the academy nor was she ranked.
(in the anime she was a student there for 10 minutes I think)

She was one of the three personal spy subs of Yamato

Cruz Herder was the lieutenant of the US Marine corps that permanently camped in Japan.
Old 2013-10-28, 11:47   Link #560
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
I don't remember Iona attended the academy nor was she ranked.
(in the anime she was a student there for 10 minutes I think)

She was one of the three personal spy subs of Yamato

Cruz Herder was the lieutenant of the US Marine corps that permanently camped in Japan.
It's at the part where the Blue Steel fleet is at Iwo Jima and Hyūga was asking the crew about Gunzō's past.

Tags
action, seinen