AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-07, 02:02   Link #581
Kaoru Chujo
Kimura Juri

Contrary to some previous comments, for the amount of stuff it has, I think ANN is quite reliable. It is almost a wiki, with info contributed by users and gone over lightly by editors, apparently often after it has been posted. If we don't think the info is correct, we can notify them, and we can post correct info.
Kimura Juri 木村珠莉 Joined Tokyo Voice Actors' Co-op in 2011, did voice-overs for corporate presentations. Anime bit parts 2013-14. Stars in Shirobako as Miyamori, will star in Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku (spring). Enjoys music, looking at Buddha images, reading. Used to work at a bookstore. Says she is a maudlin drunk. Age unknown.
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi |
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 02:13   Link #582
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
aniDB is more comprehensive, and technically light years ahead (search/sort/APIs) and does not suffer the hubris of ANN's editors... both sites though are really archaic by today's standards.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 02:40   Link #583
mangatron
Boobzai!

Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Episode 05

Arrrrrr..... that young Lan at the beginning of the ep.... did they have to show that? I.... must not wake up the lolitron.....Hrrr.... you won't like me when I'm the lolitron....

Seriously, her hair was longer! Like when she woke up from that dream, aaahhh this series needs more hair-down Lan! I bet I can tie that up into cute little twintails like Laura Bodewig

Muginami's a good cook? My life is set, see ya guys I'm marryin' her and we're off to our honeymoon! *runs* And Muginami still doesn't have her school uniform yet? I know I must be delaying that order, because I like Muginami going to school the way she does

And it seems Muginami has a tattoo on her crotch area. Hmm..... since I'm no alien, those goggles don't work for me. As it stands, in order to be sure, I need you to take your clothes off, Muginami. For the sake of mankind

Ahem anyways, I really wanted to see Lan swing that bat upside down and that bastard Villa, he peeked up my Madoka's skirt And how dare he make my Muginami cry!!! Enemy of girls! Get you and your fur coat out of here and back into space you spacenoid!
Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
From the way a see it, Villaguilo was just putting an up act and just wanted Madoka and crew to take care of Muginami? Think he just wants Muginami to enjoy her time with her new-found friends.
That's what I felt too after Villa looks back at Muginami as he leaves. After all if Villa wanted to ditch her, he wouldn't let her talk about how happy she was and how she really did like her life with Madoka and Lan. Like he said, she was practically a nobody in that organization, and leaving her with Madoka make her confident in her usefulness. At least I hope so, nobody makes my Muginami cry and get's away with it

And start brandishing that avatar, husband of Yui. This forum doesn't have enough users with a Madoka avatar

Up, down, so big and round :P
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*mangatron's Holiday 2014 haul
*What do you call a girl using her boobies to pleasure another girl?
-PAIZYURI!
-*My last post for 2014 is dedicated to my PS Vita
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 04:00   Link #584
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

You mean Like this?

MaruMaruMaruMaruMaru!!

Last edited by Yui Is My Wife; 2012-02-07 at 09:52.
Yui Is My Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 05:36   Link #585
Haak
Come At Me Bro.

Not much to say except the plot thickens and that the male characters are still classified as either "Whipped", "Arsewipe" and/or "Insignificant".
Old 2012-02-07, 16:14   Link #586
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Muginami's a good cook? My life is set, see ya guys I'm marryin' her and we're off to our honeymoon! *runs* And Muginami still doesn't have her school uniform yet? I know I must be delaying that order, because I like Muginami going to school the way she does

And it seems Muginami has a tattoo on her crotch area. Hmm..... since I'm no alien, those goggles don't work for me. As it stands, in order to be sure, I need you to take your clothes off, Muginami. For the sake of mankind
Sorry, already claimed by yours truly.

Though I have a suspecting feeling Villa's abandoning Muginami on purpose for her sake/safety.
He doesn't seem like that bad of a guy for a Tiger clone.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 19:17   Link #587
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
You mean Like this?

MaruMaruMaruMaruMaru!!

D: Ninja'ed! I made a similar one too (''A)

*Throws it into the Recycling Bin*
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 20:43   Link #588
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
One gets the feeling with this episode that the writers wanted a 24 Episode season, to introduce Villagiulio in one, gradually get us to like him, and THEN slam us in the face with the sudden-shock of him betraying Muginami.

Instead we are introduced to him, find out Muginami is a traitor who loves him and have him coldly dismiss and rebuke her all in the compressed space of 12 minutes. "The twist" came so sudden and without buildup that the shock was not as great as it could have been.

That said, it was handled well considering Lagrange has to work with the 12 episodes, 22 minutes each format and budget that it was given instead of a character-development-accomodating 24.
What are you talking about? It *is* a 24 episode series, but sadly, it's coming in the ugly slit-cour format - which seems to be plagueing us ever more frequently and really *does* annoy me, as you totally lose the connection in the ~3 months of wait time

http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=cmt&id=41147

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
Uh, ANN people is stupid?
Perhaps I wouldn't put it quite like that, but it's still not very good. AniDB is much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Sorry, already claimed by yours truly.

Though I have a suspecting feeling Villa's abandoning Muginami on purpose for her sake/safety.
He doesn't seem like that bad of a guy for a Tiger clone.
I rather got the impression that Villa(in) had only been faking being friendly to her for the most part while he thought about how he might possibly still use Muginami who had the Vox. However, this seems to have continued for quite some time already, and as he still didn't find any way to use Muginami in whatever way. As he considered her as nothing more than a deadweight, not having revealed any skills that could have been useful for him all the time, he finally decided to dump her.
Old 2012-02-07, 21:13   Link #589
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Looking through animenewsnetwork.com I have come to agree with everyone on one thing that consistently annoyed me about it:

While concise with its information, reviewers are consistently arrogant elitists who are openly rude, dismissive, patronizing and cynical towards fun-and-popular series like Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Tsukunai, Infinite Stratos and yes, Legrange, and only have stellar and complimentary things to say about cold, dark and "smart" series.

Gonna give this animeDB a chance now; I'm sick of being made to feel like an idiot just because I like positive and idealistic things in life.
Old 2012-02-07, 21:18   Link #590
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
While concise with its information, reviewers are consistently arrogant elitists who are openly rude and cynical towards fun-and-popular series like Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Tsukunai, Infinite Stratos and yes, Legrange, and only have stellar and complimentary things to say about cold, dark and "smart" series.
D: That's not new since the same can be said to a number of posters here in AnimeSuki. >.>
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 21:18   Link #591
Flower
Purrrrfectly cuddly!

Quote:
....I'm sick of being made to feel like an idiot just because I like positive and idealistic things in life.
I totally commiserate with you sir, and be prepared for a lengthy and drawn out battle.... Why does it have to be either/or anyway?
Old 2012-02-07, 21:35   Link #592
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
D: That's not new since the same can be said to a number of posters here in AnimeSuki. >.>
But as posters in AS, we are subjected to usually uncensored* criticism, and that's also true for aniDB and MAL (letting aside other benefits they have)... The employees of ANN are not just absolute in their opinions, but never subjected to criticism with the same promotion as their opinions.

Take for example roriconfan's reviews, that are usually subject of ridicule here and aniDB, his tone and opinions are not all that different from what most reviews in ANN are like, but roriconfan is banned here, and laughed at in aniDB... what happened to those equivalent reviews in ANN... they are still promoted links by the site's owners

By the way we really need a thread to discuss this

* we still have to pretend to be politically correct on occasion
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 04:13   Link #593
Archon_Wing
Hah, hah, gg
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
What? People still take ANN reviews seriously? I know they occasionally write something useful but a lot of the trash they spew should only be for comic relief.

Though I guess critical opinions are Serious Fucking Business.
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 13:09   Link #594
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Muginami is a strange strange character. She doesn't seem to truly value the time she has spent with the trio on earth so far, yet at the same time she says it's been enjoyable. It's like she's a flat out simple pleasure seeker that is incapable of forming a deeper connection with other people, but judging by the opening and ending that's about to change.

Looks like we're getting closer and closer to finding out what the deeper conflict is here. It seems like Lan's people are at war with Villaguilio's people and now they've brough their conflict to Earth, but why? Is it for the Voxes or something else? It's back to the mecha combat next episode so I have a hunch we'll be finding out soon enough.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 13:13   Link #595
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Muginami is a strange strange character. She doesn't seem to truly value the time she has spent with the trio on earth so far, yet at the same time she says it's been enjoyable. It's like she's a flat out simple pleasure seeker that is incapable of forming a deeper connection with other people, but judging by the opening and ending that's about to change.
I like how she's always a step ahead of the other two girls. Lan especially got owned by her.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 16:15   Link #596
Casshern

Quote:
Looking through animenewsnetwork.com I have come to agree with everyone on one thing that consistently annoyed me about it:

While concise with its information, reviewers are consistently arrogant elitists who are openly rude, dismissive, patronizing and cynical towards fun-and-popular series like Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Tsukunai, Infinite Stratos and yes, Legrange, and only have stellar and complimentary things to say about cold, dark and "smart" series.

Gonna give this animeDB a chance now; I'm sick of being made to feel like an idiot just because I like positive and idealistic things in life.
Don't let them make you feel like an idiot just because you have different tastes. Those elitists are actually miserable. I know because I used to be like that and since I calmed the f*** down I realized that there's a lot more fun to be had when you're open-minded. I've been enjoying a lot of anime and genres that I used to bash and complain about. Still couldn't stomach symphogear though.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 17:10   Link #597
Sides

OMG this series is so fun to watch. The elements of the show might not be something new, but it is presented as a whole really good. BTW Kyouno's seiyu is doing an amazing job. Cannot wait for the next episode.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 18:05   Link #598
Enjou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I'm not quite sure that's accurate. It's not so much that she's incapable of forming a deeper connection, rather it's that she's only known the other two for a few days and she knew Villaguilio for a much longer period. I'm thinking she likely had some kind of horrible past and that Villaguilio extracted her from it somehow, which would be something that an anti-villain of the type he seems to be would do, and as such she had deep caring and loyalty towards him.

Remember, she took a serious risk by infiltrating an enemy facility to get the Vox and her reasoning was that her onii-chan wanted it. She wanted to get what he wanted and be useful to him. (she also kind of seems to like being helpful in general) There's also the matter of how devastated she seems to have been when Villaguilio cruelly, perhaps uncharacteristically, pushed her away. Those aren't things you'd expect from someone incapable of forming bonds.

That said, her reaction to the whole situation is indeed odd from most people's perspective. I would say she is a pleasure seeker, but again I would subscribe this to the tragic past she likely had. Such a person would know that tomorrow might bring bad things, so some like that want to enjoy today as much as possible. Muginami doesn't hate the other two girls and she enjoyed her time with them, but since her loyalties were elsewhere she knew they'd have to fight on opposing sides one day so she just wanted to enjoy the fun times with them as much as possible until that day came, or something like that.

Of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
Enjou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 20:22   Link #599
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjou View Post
I'm not quite sure that's accurate. It's not so much that she's incapable of forming a deeper connection, rather it's that she's only known the other two for a few days and she knew Villaguilio for a much longer period. I'm thinking she likely had some kind of horrible past and that Villaguilio extracted her from it somehow, which would be something that an anti-villain of the type he seems to be would do, and as such she had deep caring and loyalty towards him.

Remember, she took a serious risk by infiltrating an enemy facility to get the Vox and her reasoning was that her onii-chan wanted it. She wanted to get what he wanted and be useful to him. (she also kind of seems to like being helpful in general) There's also the matter of how devastated she seems to have been when Villaguilio cruelly, perhaps uncharacteristically, pushed her away. Those aren't things you'd expect from someone incapable of forming bonds.

That said, her reaction to the whole situation is indeed odd from most people's perspective. I would say she is a pleasure seeker, but again I would subscribe this to the tragic past she likely had. Such a person would know that tomorrow might bring bad things, so some like that want to enjoy today as much as possible. Muginami doesn't hate the other two girls and she enjoyed her time with them, but since her loyalties were elsewhere she knew they'd have to fight on opposing sides one day so she just wanted to enjoy the fun times with them as much as possible until that day came, or something like that.

Of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
It's quite possible that Muginami had a horrible past, and that Villa extracted her from it. However, I think he didn't do that because he wanted to help her or something, but solely to somehow use her to get the Vox.

However, things didn't turn out as Villa had planned. He probably sent Mugi to scout out the Vox (Ignis), but Mugi then bonded with the Vox, which probably seriously annoyed Villa, as he hadn't wanted her to do that and instead had wanted the Vox for himself or someone else.

When he then found out that Mugi, on top of "stealing" the Vox from him, didn't have any piloting skills for the Vox and didn't develop any such skills either, growing resentment towards her built up. In the cafe with the others, when he recapitulated things, he finally blew a fuse and couldn't take it any longer, so he dumped her right there.
Old 2012-02-08, 21:59   Link #600
Enjou

That's possible, but again he seems more of an anti-villain than a real villain, and given his brief look of remorse I'm going with those who think he dumped her there for her own good - probably doesn't want his adopted little sis following his band of space terrorists when she can have a safer, happier life on Earth.

Also, Mugi's piloting skills for Ovids probably is something he would have known about before she had bonded with the Vox, and if the 'parasite' thing was how he really felt he definitely wouldn't have sent her to be his scout.
Enjou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anime original, mecha, science fiction, yuri