AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-25, 18:23   Link #1081
Echoes

I thought this was a very well executed last episode, and I'm left with a greatly positive view of the series overall.

The only thing that seemed abrupt was the end of the battle, which was a bit anticlimactic, I must admit. I adored the epilogue, though. Watching Madoka rush from place to place... she's an incredible character, probably my favorite so far this year. The very end was a nice touch too. Good feelings all around.

Can't wait for season two, and there'll even be an OVA to tide me over? Sounds almost too good to be true!
Old 2012-03-25, 18:25   Link #1082
inisipis

The first ending for the first half of the series feels really rushed and a tad quite confusing, in an attempt by the animation staff to tie up the story of the first half and setting up the premise for the second half of the series, which will be in further while.

What happens is mixed up of different story plots, crammed into a single episode, each of which diminishing the others purpose. There is the Goodbye drama, unfortunately you need to subtly and time to draw out the emotional effect of it. There's an epic robot battle that need a strong climax to end it , unfortunately there is no pay-off as the battle ended with a rushed understated draw, with-out any significant achievement or purpose, other than things we've already seen. There is the denouement in the middle, with aliens making contact and talk treaty etc etc. that was just brushed right past that the audience can't help wondering why do they even bother. Missed opportunity to explain more the dynamic of this inter-planetary drama and the coming story point for next other half.

I like this series. I loved the characters an the place that they're living in, but eps. 12 will just not do. the Hill of Vows sequence seem to have been consciously set up by the Kamogawa tourism board, like a long drawn out commercial , might as well have a big sign in the BG "Make you're romantic vow at the Hill of vows in Komagawa! special lovers padlocks for sale at a discount, watch this anime for details". That really ruins the the dramatic moment for me.

Muginami got away safely with Vivigerio and the rest of the KISS with no worries(only faceless red-shirts died anyway) She's writing a happily bff letter to Madoka and it seems she has a good contact with Lan(you wouldn't guess they're in a war you know)

Asteria is the third pilot of THE incident.

The three stooges became butlers for the cafe, something I was expecting since ep. 9. At least that sets up for the sure initial comedy to come from that situation and a chance for an interaction of the Madoka and the three to get us to know more of YuriKano.

And speaking of Yuri, there's a lot service regarding that.

I hope they don't drop the ball on the second half. Hope the Ova will shed a better light on the story
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 19:32   Link #1083
Elestia

Quote:
Originally Posted by inisipis View Post
The three stooges became a maid and butlers for the cafe, something I was expecting since ep. 9. At least that sets up for the sure initial comedy to come from that situation and a chance for an interaction of the Madoka and the three to get us to know more of YuriKano.
Fixed it for ya.
Old 2012-03-25, 20:58   Link #1084
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

A season 2?! Awsome! This is one of the most entertaining anime I have seen this season despite how the whole plot development of the 3 robot didn't really come to light.
Old 2012-03-25, 21:13   Link #1085
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
My favourite moments in the season final were:
Spoiler:
Yeah, I awww'd at the farewell scene. It was cute how they said goodbye half a dozen times to put off the separation.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 21:23   Link #1086
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well the first half seem rushed to get to an end it would have done better to end in the second half and why cant the second season play now this is going to be along wait

Wow Madoka and Lan there would be some awesome yuri there
Old 2012-03-25, 21:32   Link #1087
Darthtabby

I have mixed feelings about this episode. There were things I liked and things I didn't like. It's going to be very interesting to see what it leads into. I'm hoping season two will be great enough to justify the way they chose to end season one.

The issues that bug me the most at the moment are the ones with Muginami and Villagiulio. First off, Villa's actions in this episode seem at odds with his behaviour in previous episodes. He's so fired up when he goes after Madoka that I find it hard to believe that things he said while he was going after her were a lie. On the other hand, his perspective and actions here seem kind of inconsistent with how he was portrayed earlier in the series when he seemed to be trying to draw out the power of the Voxes. If he's simply wanted to end the threat they posed then he had multiple opportunities to do so.

As for Muginami, the problem with her is that she seemed so happy with where she ended up. I have difficult believing that she'd be particularly happy to be there or that the people there would be particularly happy to have her around.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 22:22   Link #1088
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 23:15   Link #1089
TinyRedLeaf
. . .

Well, it's clear that the series rubbed off differently on different people. I for one thoroughly enjoyed it from beginning to end and don't see any so-called problems with "laggy" middle episodes. For every peak, there has to be a trough and no story can always stay in high gear without leaving behind opportunities to develop less exciting parts of the plot. Given that Rinne was always meant to be a fluffy, colourful series, I feel that it has more than achieved what it set out to do while setting things up nicely for its second season.

So long, my guilty pleasure of the winter. Will be seeing you again, come summer!

That aside, I was confused at first by Ep12, jumping as it did right to the epilogue. I thought I had accidentally missed an episode.

And, oh, I chuckled at Madoka being the reader for a karuta game. An oblique reference to Asami Seto/Lan/Chihaya ♥, I presume?
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 00:41   Link #1090
U<3Anime
Boo!

Last episode of the season left me nothing, but a big question mark. I don't know what's going on! But hey it was still better than guilty crown!!!
Old 2012-03-26, 01:10   Link #1091
Dark Wing

Well I can't say that I this episode wasn't without some constraint issues but there was plenty of things I liked about it including the revelation at the end. I am looking forward to the second part non the less.
Old 2012-03-26, 03:19   Link #1092
hai_san

So this is the last ep.

Well the beginning was an obious troll xD

So in conlcusion we wont know about the Rinne or the great war of Le Garite vs De Metrio... but for rest of the serie it was very well made. Madoko, Lan and Muginami alone makes the serie worth seeing.
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 07:30   Link #1093
Dop
We can't stop here...

Brilliant way to end part one, I think.

Spoiler for end of part one:

So, until we meet again in Kamogawa, come the summer. I'll be looking forward to it.
Dop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 10:03   Link #1094
inisipis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
Fixed it for ya.
My mistake. I forgot Array gave up his manhood since ep. 3

I can see it now in the next season. Izo all bitch'n and screaming, frightening male customers for a fight. Array happily serving tea and crumpets and Kirius all serious and stoic, pulling in droves of female admirers/customers.
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 12:46   Link #1095
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Episode 12 was really sad, but also wonderful at the same time.

I honestly feel that even with the "no romance" decree, we got plenty of confirmation of Madoka, Lan, and Muginami's love for each other.

Heh, I just love the fact that Madoka's classmates are actively shipping Madoka and Lan such a degree because its so obvious they love each other.

The part with Madoka saying good bye to Lan reminds me of the end of the first season of Nanoha.

One thing I wonder, is Machiko-sensei just a teacher? Could she actually be Muginami's contact on earth? Might she actually work for KISS?
Old 2012-03-26, 12:47   Link #1096
ookamigirl

The first part was pretty relaxed.
It was like a really warm and friendly farewell.
The middle part was like all hell broke loose.
The ending was back to regular school life fun ^^
A pretty filled final episode with little bit of everything.

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 15:17   Link #1097
chaos_animagic

Kinda interesting, kinda boring... is what ep 12 gave me...

Especially the part where Madoka went all EMO on us than tried to change the impending doom into a giant flower in the sky and everyone was happy...

Than the "real" impending doom arrives and everyone went EMO again...

And it went into a sort of Narration documentary... (all the while I have no idea what the hell happened during the "impending doom" thing...)
Especially the parts about Muginami's Brother, Muginami, and Lan suddenly leaving Earth....
Not to mention how did Muginami and her brother get back "Home"... when like 99% of their forces is already destroyed...
But I guess all these doesn't really matters to the actual Plots...

Which is... VVV

Yuri FTW?... Should have totally do a kiss scene before they separated... LOL (might be a bit too much... but I guess the endless slowly backing away BYE-BYE works too...)

BTW... as for "Season 2"... it said Season 2, but also OVA?

So... is Season 2 the OVA, or are they 2 totally different things?
From what I see, ppls been saying the OVA is like Intermission... where it's just a sort of "filler"?
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 16:06   Link #1098
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post

The issues that bug me the most at the moment are the ones with Muginami and Villagiulio. First off, Villa's actions in this episode seem at odds with his behaviour in previous episodes. He's so fired up when he goes after Madoka that I find it hard to believe that things he said while he was going after her were a lie. On the other hand, his perspective and actions here seem kind of inconsistent with how he was portrayed earlier in the series when he seemed to be trying to draw out the power of the Voxes. If he's simply wanted to end the threat they posed then he had multiple opportunities to do so.
I think Villagiulio after loosing Yurikano was set out to destroy the Voxes no matter the cost.

By having the Rinne bloom is all the proof he needed to use on rest of the Polyhedron that the Voxes are a threat.

But as Asterlia would be evidence as a previous Vox pilot Yurikano isn't dead. Just merged with the Voxes.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 17:23   Link #1099
MarkS00N

For me, it really is a very beautiful episode...
Now that I've seen it at least for third time, I can understand most of what happen and why...

Though I now have a question...
Spoiler for Question:
MarkS00N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 18:58   Link #1100
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkS00N View Post
For me, it really is a very beautiful episode...
Now that I've seen it at least for third time, I can understand most of what happen and why...

Though I now have a question...
Spoiler for Question:
That's one theory. There's no way to know for sure, at present. They obviously left that unclear on purpose.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anime original, mecha, science fiction, yuri