AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-26, 19:45   Link #1101
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkS00N View Post
For me, it really is a very beautiful episode...
Now that I've seen it at least for third time, I can understand most of what happen and why...

Though I now have a question...
Spoiler for Question:
That's what I thought she meant, especially since it doesn't seem like the voxes have been used (on Earth anyway) since.

Which leads me to a question of my own! Some people have been saying stuff that makes it sound like the voxes were on Le Gartia and that Lan had contact with her's during her childhood, but how would the voxes have been on Le Gartia if they were discovered on Earth? Or have I been misunderstanding some of the posts?
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 22:45   Link #1102
Darthtabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
I think Villagiulio after loosing Yurikano was set out to destroy the Voxes no matter the cost.

By having the Rinne bloom is all the proof he needed to use on rest of the Polyhedron that the Voxes are a threat.

But as Asterlia would be evidence as a previous Vox pilot Yurikano isn't dead. Just merged with the Voxes.
Villa was stripped of his status as a Prince and is considered a renegade. I don't think he was too concerned about what the rest of the Polyhedron thought of his actions.

Actually despite what I said earlier I find Villa's actions regarding the Voxes rather inconsistent. While his threat back in Episode Five was basically "destroy the Voxes or I'll destroy them along with Pharos" he didn't carry through with it despite being given a golden opportunity to do so when the girls were incapacitated. Furthermore he apparently talked about taking possession of the Voxes in the past (its where Muginami got the idea of going after one) and even tried to convince Asteria to hand them over.

Plus there's the question of how kicking Muginami out of Kiss and what he did with the De Metrio trio play into all this.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 23:11   Link #1103
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Lots of good stuff in the final episode of the first part
  • We finally get the long-awaited Yuri scene between Madoka and Lan. I bet it wasn't just an act
  • Asteria reveals her memoria. A broad hint that she's the pilot of the still-to-be-revealed fourth Vox.
  • Three stooges now work a B-W-H, which (probably intentionally) has the same initials as Breast-Waist-Hips. Array apparently definitely doesn't want to wear anything but his maid dress anymore. I heard he's already undergoing hormone treatment to have his surgery soon XD
  • When Midori heard that Madoka's onee-chan was alive and well, she considered her job done and went into hibernation. Guess all that blooming was very exhausting.
  • It's very sad to see that Muginami's brain short-circuited, and that she thus saved the man who tried to kill her coldbloodedly and only used her all the time before. Guess they wanted Villagiulio to be saved so they can continue using him as a villain, but they should've done it without making Muginami go insane. Poor girl.
  • The "Hill of Vows" scene was very nice, with the two giving each other an lover's farewell. Hey, we all know that the scene at the beginning is how they truly feel, but neither of the two wants to admit it just yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Come to think of it, what happened to the tan lady...?
Guess what? When Lan's brother's fleet attacked, her ship as the capital ship was most certainly the first to turn into a big fireball, so that freak got what she deserved. Instead of her setting the earth's surface alaze, as she intended, they set her ablaze instead
Old 2012-03-27, 17:14   Link #1104
Flower
Bibliotecha Rosa Atra....

Finally saw ep 12 - and I hafta admit that I liked it and the series overall had a generally good (although not a great) impression on me. I think I will look into season 2 as well. I thought they wrapped things up very effectively and satisfyingly....

7.5/10 vote for ep 12 from me and I guess a 7/10 vote for the series overall.
Old 2012-03-27, 17:38   Link #1105
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

So now each side got a Vox...

Cause we'll probably learn that LaGarite are not really friendly to earth...
I mean, what would be more dramatic to our heroines that a tri-side war ?
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 06:29   Link #1106
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Last episode of Season 1 ends on a rather low note, but I would like to think that it serves as scaffolding to Season 2 that hopefully will be more intense, more mecha, and more revelations. It does seem that the stage is now set for a ferocious confrontation between the two sides
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 07:27   Link #1107
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

I knew there was something more to Chairman Loli Asteria. So... is she immortal?

Is the witch she's talking about the mech she pilots?

Sort of obvious she had to have a mech since she is color coded. And what's up with Madoka's cousin? Would she have a robot, too?

The three vox units are capable of blooming together. It doesn't seem like the need an additional unit. Midori just deactivated before it could complete whatever the three Vox units were making.

Asteria and Youko seem to speak in code to each other. Youko speaks like she's been in a giant robot before.

Would the Vox units have rival units from the great war that split Earth apart?

Green slices sky, Blue Eats Stars, Red spews out darkness The whole passage is incomplete. According to Youko that legend doesn't appear on Earth. It's completely alien.

Sky, Star, and Night may be the names of the rival units. The poem could be describing a great battle between them.

The Vox units were probably piloted by the faction that defeated the humans who left Earth. The enemies came up with poems depicting the Vox units as villains while the Terrans wrote of them as heroes.

Sky, Star, and Night may be the robots we'll see during the second season.

Gold Sky?
Violet Night?
White Star?

I was disappointed by this 12th episode. It didn't really progress the plot at all, it just raised more questions.

Villa is still likely not the villain. He targeted Kamogawa but his subordinates stopped the beam in time. It seemed like a half assed attack. Three regular Ovid's blocked full blown death beams from a dozen space frigates?

As for Lan and Madoka's moments. They just have c lose emotional bond and they act girly. It's not anything more.

Second season air in July. I hope it's longer than 12 episodes.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 19:19   Link #1108
Darthtabby

I'd been giving some more thought to trying to make sense of Villa's seemingly inconsistent actions throughout the series, and it occurs to me that Yurikano might be able to help explain some of those actions. She's his sister after all, and it's quite obvious that she's the woman Madoka was talking to in that beach scene. Remember Villa's pondering about whether a demon would cease to be if it didn't have an impure heart to feed on or if there was even such a thing as a pure heart? I'm thinking maybe Villa is aware that Yurikano -or at least a part of her- is inside the Vox. That could explain why he seemed so focused on making the Voxes bloom in previous episodes rather than simply destroying them. He wanted to see what would happen. I think he may have only decided to destroy the machine his sister is linked to after seeing the terrific power that the Voxes nearly unleashed.

Okay perhaps that's not exactly it, but I think Yurikano is probably a factor we should be keeping in mind when trying to make sense of Villa's actions.

Last edited by Darthtabby; 2012-03-28 at 21:09.
Old 2012-03-28, 21:35   Link #1109
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Villa is still likely not the villain. He targeted Kamogawa but his subordinates stopped the beam in time. It seemed like a half assed attack.
Wrong. Villa clearly *is* the villain. That already became obvious when he tried to kill Muginami in cold blood, and it's just so much more obvious now that he tried to lay waste to the earth with his troops.

The attack was *not* stopped by his subordinates. It was stopped by his *EX*-subordinates, which had already been discontent with following him before, and which have now switched sides to Madoka's side to protect Kamogawa and the earth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Three regular Ovid's blocked full blown death beams from a dozen space frigates?
The Ovids of the three stooges are anything but normal, but very special ones, actually (same goes for the one piloted by Villa).
While a Vox can easily deal with several ordinary Ovids at at time and still slice them, blast them etc. en masse, we've already seen early on in their fights that their special Ovids are a close match for a Vox - not quite, but close.
Old 2012-03-28, 21:52   Link #1110
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post

That aside, I was confused at first by Ep12, jumping as it did right to the epilogue. I thought I had accidentally missed an episode.
Yeah, same here.

I actually stopped watching Episode 12 after viewing a few minutes of it, and went back to watch a bit Episode 11 to see if I had accidentally skipped over it or something.

And then I noticed that I had already watched Episode 11, since I remembered watching it before. I was genuinely perplexed at this, and decided "Ah well, I'll just watch through Episode 12 and hope it fills in the gaps somehow". Well, it thankfully did that and then some, lol.

In any event... that was quite jarring to me, honestly. To go from Episode 11 cliffhanger to Episode 12 starting with an Epilogue. I think I get what they were aiming for here, but the net effect of this approach was a detraction from my enjoyment of the final episode. I think I'd prefer a more standard approach than this, as this one caused some bewilderment for me, likely lessening the emotional impact of the finale. Also, it certainly made the rest of the combat seem very anti-climatic since I already knew from the first few minutes that Madoka and Lan both survive and that Madoka's town would come out of it no worse for wear.

That being said, the big final fight was visually glorious, and made for a great watch.

I also now look back fondly on Rinne no Lagrange, as Madoka, Lan, and Muginami all became very likable characters to me, and the action scenes were typically boss. But I am a bit disappointed in how the male antagonists were handled when it was all said and done.

Lagrange ended up being one of my favorite Winter 2012 watches, and the ending was emotionally and intellectually satisfying to me, with the lone exception being how it was formatted (the climatic fight bookended by two parts of an epilogue).

Overall, I'd probably give Lagrange a 7/10. It was a good, solid watch. It didn't quite live up to what I hoped it would be after the first few episodes, but it was enjoyable all the same.
Old 2012-03-28, 22:14   Link #1111
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Yeah, same here.

I think I'd prefer a more standard approach than this, as this one caused some bewilderment for me
Same here too,and believe me normally I'm a huge fan of non linear editing but I'm not too sure why the staff went with it in that case.Would love to hear what the director or writer has to saw about it.
I guess some people might have felt cheated if after so much tension everyone turned out ok so they wanted to counter that by showing early on that everyone was ok to break up the tension early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Overall, I'd probably give Lagrange a 7/10. It was a good, solid watch. It didn't quite live up to what I hoped it would be after the first few episodes, but it was enjoyable all the same.
I think it's a bit early for "overall" reviews and using the past tense,this is only the first cour afterall.Though it does have a nicer break off point than some other split two cour shows.
Old 2012-03-29, 16:09   Link #1112
Julio C

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
I just picked up this show after it just ended since I hear great things about it. After 3 episodes, I'm hooked! However I'm worried about Muginami. I simply didn't like her character introduction. She seems like a big boob bimbo type of character who is going to be useless and is going to annoyed me. What do people think of her in general?
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 16:19   Link #1113
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
I just picked up this show after it just ended since I hear great things about it. After 3 episodes, I'm hooked! However I'm worried about Muginami. I simply didn't like her character introduction. She seems like a big boob bimbo type of character who is going to be useless and is going to annoyed me. What do people think of her in general?
Well welcome aboard new comer I hope we can all discuss this amazing series together when you finally catch up!

Now I'm not trying spoil anything for you but trust me when I say that there is more to he then she let's on.
Old 2012-03-29, 16:40   Link #1114
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Keep watching.
Random Wanderer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 17:04   Link #1115
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
She seems like a big boob bimbo type of character who is going to be useless
Appearances can be deceiving...
Old 2012-03-29, 18:44   Link #1116
Darthtabby

Quote:
Just watch Episode 4.
Old 2012-03-29, 23:29   Link #1117
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
I think it's a bit early for "overall" reviews and using the past tense,this is only the first cour afterall.Though it does have a nicer break off point than some other split two cour shows.
This first cour could easily have worked as a stand-alone "Season 1", so that's how I'm approaching it with the overall rating. That rating is, of course, just for the first cour of the two split cours.

Quote:
This is similar to what I thought Muginami would end up like after I watched the first 3 episodes.

I basically thought that Lan would be like Yuki Nagato and that Muginami would be like Mikuru Asahina.

Well, let's just say that Lagrange might put a bit of an interesting spin on things here, lol.
Old 2012-03-30, 03:12   Link #1118
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

From Tamashii Features vol 3 event...

Last edited by bakAnki; 2012-03-30 at 06:50.
bakAnki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 11:28   Link #1119
sa547
*Author

Guys, looks like the Score OST is out now.

Quote:
Title: Rinne no Lagrange Original Soundtrack
Artist: Megumi Nakajima & Rasmus Faber

1. Kamogawa in A major
2. TRY UNITE! -TV size- (OPテーマ)
3. Ohayo!
4. Kamojo
5. 3 Wonders
6. Memoria
7. Kamogawa energy
8. Sunnyside
9. Life in peace
10. Day dreamer
11. BWH
12. Tom-boy
13. Sweet star
14. Dousi
15. Eyecatch A
16. ジャージ部のうた (挿入歌)
17. Apocalypse
18. Kamogawa in A minor
19. Floro
20. De Metrio
21. Axion
22. Double-sided
23. Lagrange
24. Hollow
25. -Aku-field
26. Lock on air
27. Massive attack
28. Midori
29. ○ (personal favorite; launch sequence theme)
30. 4 411
31. Hello! -TV size- (EDテーマ)
32. Re-turn

Last edited by sa547; 2012-03-31 at 03:01.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 20:25   Link #1120
Archon_Wing
Cool Story Bro
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Watched a bit more up to episode 5. Not bad, though episode 4 looked kinda crappy. :S I hope this doesn't continue on. The titty monster was annoying but given her being ditched by oh great evil pimp lord calls from character development as she is going to hang around Madoka.

Lan is a dorky stalker that is too serious and is constantly following a girl named Madoka. That kinda obliges me to finish this. :3
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
anime original, mecha, science fiction, yuri