AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-11-16, 00:21   Link #1
neothe0ne
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Slayers EVOLUTION-R {5th Season}

Second season is Slayers EVOLUTION-R.
http://www.starchild.co.jp/special/s.../er/index.html

OP is "Front breaking" and ED is "砂時計", both by Megumi Hayashibara still.

I guess we need a new thread in Unaired anime?
__________________
neothe0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 06:50   Link #2
chechiarts
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by neothe0ne View Post
Second season is Slayers EVOLUTION-R.
http://www.starchild.co.jp/special/s.../er/index.html

OP is "Front breaking" and ED is "砂時計", both by Megumi Hayashibara still.

I guess we need a new thread in Unaired anime?


is not that i dont like the name but i wuld have use slayers glory or supreme
__________________
chechiarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 22:55   Link #3
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I could see Amelia, but I don't see why the novel decided to cut Zelgadis out of it in the first place. He's got solid skills with sword and magic so should still be useful. Or heck could have given him some new spell or something along the way so he wouldn't just be standing around. Besides considering his goal should be travelling around and likely to meet up with the other two as it is. Understandably Amelia should be sticking around home some more with her responsibilities. Know its up to the one writing, but just something that I was thinking about.

Probably one of those at fault for this current situation. While I don't want him to be useless or just comic relief, like to see Zel as part of things. Not sure how much I would have cared about a new season if he wasn't going to show up at all. Though while it may not have been quite at the level of the first 2 seasons Try wasn't that bad. So its not just severing itself from the novel, but not that great writing that is partly responsible.
Okay, I just got new information...
You win.
We now know that JC Staff managed to twist the story back into the path of the novels canon in evolution-R, while still keeping Amelia and Zelgadis in the story.

But then, you lose, too...

Zel and Amelia are now relevant to the plot in ways you are not going to like.

Here's the lyrics for the new ED song. And the singer said that it was not sang from the POV of Lina...

No one can save a heart full of pain,
Cornered itself and dyeing of tears

I know that you can not give up,
I believe in the way that I chose.
But if we are,
What about the pain that I can not erase?

I always want to be strong
To be able to stop your pain.

While I question the meaning
To simply continue with life,
There is no answer;
I raise my head and continue to walk.


To put it another way, you can kiss Amelia and Zel's happy ending in the novels goodbye.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 22:59   Link #4
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Okay, I just got new information...
You win.
We now know that JC Staff managed to twist the story back into the path of the novels canon in evolution-R, while still keeping Amelia and Zelgadis in the story.

But then, you lose, too...

Zel and Amelia are now relevant to the plot in ways you are not going to like.

Here's the lyrics for the new ED song. And the singer said that it was not sang from the POV of Lina...

No one can save a heart full of pain,
Cornered itself and dyeing of tears

I know that you can not give up,
I believe in the way that I chose.
But if we are,
What about the pain that I can not erase?

I always want to be strong
To be able to stop your pain.

While I question the meaning
To simply continue with life,
There is no answer;
I raise my head and continue to walk.


To put it another way, you can kiss Amelia and Zel's happy ending in the novels goodbye.
Meh until the final we eps roll the song is merely echos the sorrow to come, most likely they will pull an ambiguous ending.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 00:16   Link #5
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
Meh until the final we eps roll the song is merely echos the sorrow to come, most likely they will pull an ambiguous ending.
I don't suppose you know how the novels ended?
Or where the title "Slayers" came from?

It's called "slayers" for a reason. And we are going to see that reason very soon.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 00:24   Link #6
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I don't suppose you know how the novels ended?
Or where the title "Slayers" came from?

It's called "slayers" for a reason. And we are going to see that reason very soon.
But they have been slaying jokes pretty good the last round....
LOL

Anime has a tendency to wonder where it will, the written metrails will only reveal 70-80% of the plot/story elements that are taken on an average, oh I do not doubt we will have a nice solid non fluffy plot for the next season but it just might not be as "bad" as you think,either way its going to be a fun ride.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 04:15   Link #7
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
But they have been slaying jokes pretty good the last round....
LOL

Anime has a tendency to wonder where it will, the written metrails will only reveal 70-80% of the plot/story elements that are taken on an average, oh I do not doubt we will have a nice solid non fluffy plot for the next season but it just might not be as "bad" as you think,either way its going to be a fun ride.
Ah, I see. You don't actually know what "Slayers" mean in the context of this anime...

Well, I am not going to ruin it for you. You will find out yourself soon enough.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 06:15   Link #8
Tiran86
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
I actually don't know what it means either and Slayers is in my top 3 series.

And as far as I'm concerned, it's Slayers Revolution. Evolution R sounds stupid. Oh well, can't wait. Revolution was the weakest series so far, but I'll still watch it.
Tiran86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 06:26   Link #9
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiran86 View Post
I actually don't know what it means either and Slayers is in my top 3 series.
You will know when the show finally ends.
Oh, and you know how every episode counts down the English alphabet? The fact that the last episode starts with a Z is not a good sign...
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 23:13   Link #10
CrowKenobi
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: there... just there.
Funimation has licensed Slayers EVOLUTION-R!

(took them long enough!)

Anyway, here's a link to the Slayers Revolution thread with the announcement.

__________________



CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 20:40   Link #11
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
It's aired.

And now, from this episode alone, we know this is definitely the last Slayers series. For the first time ever,
Spoiler for secret character:
.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 20:42   Link #12
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
It's aired.

And now, from this episode alone, we know this is definitely the last Slayers series. For the first time ever,
Spoiler for secret character:
.
I would not say last, things tend to get remade over time, look at casshern.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 23:46   Link #13
Freeter
i see baka people
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: in the club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
It's aired.

And now, from this episode alone, we know this is definitely the last Slayers series. For the first time ever,
Spoiler for secret character:
.
ABOUT DAMN TIME.

Now I have a reason to watch.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=42380&dateline=119337  1797
Now: Barakamon, HNYMT, P4G, YnS, AoHaru, Sabagebu, Nozaki, Tokyo Ghoul, SAO2, Glasslip
Next: Shinmai Maou, NNB s2

Freeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 00:02   Link #14
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Awesome episode. Maybe it's just me, but (in response to the spoilers above):
Spoiler for Spoilers in regards to above and such:
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 00:59   Link #15
neothe0ne
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
So villains of NEXT, NEXT, and TRY appear in the beginning of the OP. This season seems like all kinds of epic so far (have to wait for subs =\).
__________________
neothe0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 01:11   Link #16
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Technically Rezo and Ruby Eye (I think Rezo was there) showed up too, but only for a second unlike the other three's 5-10 seconds. Also, was that Zelgadis getting electrocuted in the OP, or was it supposed to be him being kimera'd?
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 01:14   Link #17
aroduc
Ruiner of Things
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Caps

OP


And fuck yes. This is my kind of fanservice. Start was a little slow, but second half was Slayertacular.
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 01:31   Link #18
Freeter
i see baka people
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: in the club
Spoiler for N:
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=42380&dateline=119337  1797
Now: Barakamon, HNYMT, P4G, YnS, AoHaru, Sabagebu, Nozaki, Tokyo Ghoul, SAO2, Glasslip
Next: Shinmai Maou, NNB s2

Freeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 04:28   Link #19
xizro345
King's Justice
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by neothe0ne View Post
So villains of NEXT, NEXT, and TRY appear in the beginning of the OP. This season seems like all kinds of epic so far
For now I'd say is just a a ploy unless shown otherwise (much like the Luna showing in NEXT).
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 15:24   Link #20
SinsI
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Why didn't Amelia recognise her?
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, fantasy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.