AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2012-01-06, 21:18   Link #181
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
What is he doing there? Maybe just an easter egg?
That's Sakunoshin… he appears in chapter 4 of The First Night.
Old 2012-01-06, 21:48   Link #182
immblueversion

Quote:
What is he doing there? Maybe just an easter egg?
...You clearly haven't played the first game, have you.

Little Sakunoshin is a recurring character.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 22:47   Link #183
Joly
モエカステル

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yirba View Post
By the way, anyone know what this book is? I don't seem to remember hearing anything about it…
It's a comic anthology.
Joly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 23:40   Link #184
Oblivion

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
...You clearly haven't played the first game, have you.

Little Sakunoshin is a recurring character.
No I'm waiting for the translation to be finished. So I guess it's just an Umineko reference.
Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 17:23   Link #185
Jakku
Baka Gaijin.

@immblueversion
LOL at your reply to my earlier comment X) I didnt actually know, I just copied and pasted the text from someone else who posted on the board....I dont even know where to download higanbana ( and i wouldnt anyway). But how does the second night compare the the first? Did you enjoy it or are you enjoying it more?
Jakku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 00:37   Link #186
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakku View Post
@immblueversion
LOL at your reply to my earlier comment X) I didnt actually know, I just copied and pasted the text from someone else who posted on the board....I dont even know where to download higanbana ( and i wouldnt anyway). But how does the second night compare the the first? Did you enjoy it or are you enjoying it more?
I don't even know what's going on. I'd rather get to read the upcoming translation patch.

Old 2012-01-08, 10:37   Link #187
Jakku
Baka Gaijin.

Quote:
I don't even know what's going on. I'd rather get to read the upcoming translation patch.
Oh kk, same. Ive had the first night for ages and im waiting for that patch. >.>
Jakku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 14:37   Link #188
Oblivion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakku View Post
Oh kk, same. Ive had the first night for ages and im waiting for that patch. >.>
The patch is nearing completion. Only one more chapter to go.
Old 2012-01-09, 13:21   Link #189
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

We're currently translating the last chapter. However, after that, there will be a period of time where we will be tidying up the translation a bit, and putting everything together.

Please check our blog at http://ronove.blogspot.com/ for further details closer to release.
Old 2012-01-09, 16:05   Link #190
Jakku
Baka Gaijin.

Quote:
We're currently translating the last chapter. However, after that, there will be a period of time where we will be tidying up the translation a bit, and putting everything together.

Please check our blog at http://ronove.blogspot.com/ for further details closer to release.
Yay FINALLY, I will be able to read it >.<
Old 2012-01-09, 21:09   Link #191
Oblivion

Quote:

About how long will this take? I've been waiting so long to be able to read this. I can't wait.
Old 2012-01-09, 22:29   Link #192
immblueversion

Well, it's official: Ryukishi07 is making a brand new series and releasing it this upcoming Comiket, if not the one after that (definitely this year). I dunno if it's part of the "When They Cry" series (its title hasn't been revealed), but I can say with certainty that it's unrelated to Higurashi, Umineko, Higanbana, and any other series he has worked on in the past. New setting, new characters, new story, new everything.

Which means that Higanbana may or may not be over with its second installment. I can't say that for sure.

Old 2012-01-10, 01:11   Link #193
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Quote:
I dunno if it's part of the "When They Cry" series (its title hasn't been revealed), but I can say with certainty that it's unrelated to Higurashi, Umineko, Higanbana, and any other series he has worked on in the past. New setting, new characters, new story, new everything.
He just said that it's a new world setting; if it's part of the WTC series I'd still expect to see Bern, Lambda, and Erika in some form, given how they ended up after Ep8 of Umineko.
Old 2012-01-10, 07:23   Link #194
~Ayane~

Well, I don't care what it's gonna be, i just want to see more Bern and Lambda, that's all.

And about Higanbana, I hope there will be more of it, eventually, it's a very fun series.
~Ayane~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 11:17   Link #195
Jakku
Baka Gaijin.

Quote:
Well, it's official: Ryukishi07 is making a brand new series and releasing it this upcoming Comiket, if not the one after that (definitely this year). I dunno if it's part of the "When They Cry" series (its title hasn't been revealed), but I can say with certainty that it's unrelated to Higurashi, Umineko, Higanbana, and any other series he has worked on in the past. New setting, new characters, new story, new everything.

Which means that Higanbana may or may not be over with its second installment. I can't say that for sure.
NO!!!!!!! > That might be why @ the end of the second night, theres a picture and underneath, it says mata ne (see ya/bye etc) >
Old 2012-01-10, 12:50   Link #196
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
About how long will this take? I've been waiting so long to be able to read this. I can't wait.
I can't give an exact timeframe, but we're hoping to release the patch by the end of the month.

Quote:
Well, I think Ryuukishi07 said something like that when he was talking with Klashikari and chronotrig…

Certainly, I don't think we'll be seeing a third instalment for some time, but that's not to say that Ryuukishi07 can't resurrect the series further down the line, should he wish to.

And I believe the manga is still ongoing…
Old 2012-01-10, 14:54   Link #197
Jakku
Baka Gaijin.

Quote:
And I believe the manga is still ongoing…
There havent been any manga updates in AGES I thought it was cool, but I wonder how the rest of the characters will be in it ;O
Old 2012-01-10, 14:59   Link #198
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:

Not trying to burst your bubble, but I don't think you can claim "certainty" here, considering you have no tangible information at your disposal.

Regarding Higanbana, the series served as a break for him, but he explicitely told us that the second installement was the "last" one. He may change his mind later on, but the way he told us that pretty much states he is done with Higanbana.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 16:41   Link #199
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Not trying to burst your bubble, but I don't think you can claim "certainty" here, considering you have no tangible information at your disposal.

Regarding Higanbana, the series served as a break for him, but he explicitely told us that the second installement was the "last" one. He may change his mind later on, but the way he told us that pretty much states he is done with Higanbana.
Then I claim with near certainty. He at least said that "the title will be his first new series in a year," and that it "will have a completely different world setting than his previous works have had, so he will greatly enjoy the actual writing process."

Maybe it will have some relation to his earlier works, but maybe not. In that case, I'll say it in blue:

(in blue) Ryukishi07's new series will be an entirely new series, and will not have "Higurashi," Umineko," "Higanbana," "Ookamikakushi," or "Rewrite" in its title. (end blue) It may not have as much evidence as you perceived me to make out, but it has enough to make me reason that much.

Old 2012-01-10, 16:59   Link #200
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

From the way he described it, I'm actually doubtful about it being a When They Cry game at all. Or at least, if it is, it'd have to have a drastically different style.