AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-10, 18:03   Link #1
MDZealot

Guy looking for action/fantasy animes

So I haven't watched a whole lot of anime compared to a lot of people, and I kinda go through phases where I'll power watch a season and then pick another one up a few weeks later but lately I haven't had time so I have no idea what to look for. Between school and work I haven't been able to watch anything -- the last season I was able to follow religiously was Code Geass and somewhat Gundam 00 although 00 releases episodes quite rarely ;p

The animes I've watched are:

TTGL
Naruto
used to watch Kenshin
Code Geass
half way through Soul Eater
was interested in mushishi but never finished it.
Higurashi
a couple of Gundam seasons
Rozen Maiden

If anyone could suggest some of the best animes that have been released since Geass, that would be great. Like i said i don't really have a whole lot of time so I'd like to watch animes that are really really good ;p

thanks a bunch :3
Old 2011-08-10, 21:37   Link #2
devildog23
Summerlurking

Most of what you put on your list are more or less mainstream Shounen, so I'll suggest them first.

If you like Naruto, try:

One Piece - easily my top (never finish type) shounen
Bleach - First season is good, although recently I find it a chore to watch.
D. Grayman - Decent shounen, worth a watch and gets extremely hard to stop watching halfway through.
Yuyu Hakusho
DBZ - Lol, might as well recommend it as it has influenced a generation of kids. I mean I still try to turn Super Saiyan every now and then...

Action/Fantasy Titles

Fate/Stay Night
- A boy gets thrown into a war for a "Holy Grail" said to grant any wish. Very gruesome at times, but has lovable characters and great creativity for the fighters. Epic battles and great soundtrack, this anime is my first suggestion.
Darker than Black
- Very hard to describe, but you can't go wrong with watching this. One of my favorite main characters and good atmosphere throughout the entire series. There are two series and 3 OAV's, I'd suggest watching the 24 episode one, then the OAV's and then finally Ryusei no gemini.
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood - No way you can go wrong with FMA. This is the remake of the original because the first series led too far astray from the original manga storyline. Great story of two brother's struggle to regain what was once theirs. Although the emotional scenes aren't as good in this one, the action is 3x better!

This will be all I suggest for now, let me know if you would like more suggestions..
Old 2011-08-10, 22:12   Link #3
Ludrio D. Zoki
Comfortably Noxious

There ain't anything wrong with Shonen, but it really can't be ALL you ever watch, otherwise you might degress in maturity a little (possibly, if you keep up watching Naruto...)

Definitely One Piece: I agree with devildog, It is a very unique Shonen, and is very difficult to become tired of. Plus the fighting is really cool and it gets better with every saga.

Ao no Exorcist: Strange, creepy, but I think its definitely a good one.

Durarara!!: I highly reccomend. Alot of supernatural stuff and gang fights, Beautiful story, lots of really intersting characters and back stories. Overall, just the title is freaking amazing, and represents how strange and intersting the series is.

FLCL (Furi Kuri, {or Fooly Cooly}) A very short series in terms of number of episodes, but each one feels like a movie in quality and plot. It will cause your head to explode with confusion though, its genre is mecha, action, dementia.
Old 2011-08-13, 02:05   Link #4
MidoriHiME

I thought Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu (Legend of the legendary Heroes) was a good action/fantasy series, especially in the flashback episodes at the beginning of the series. Only real problem with it is its inconclusive ending.

CANAAN was also interesting, cool, and looked really good. It wasn't necessarily amazing but it was entertaining and it isn't all that long - only 13 episodes - so you should have more than enough time to watch it if you want some entertainment.

Eden of the East might be right up your alley, too, and it's also fairly short (11 episodes and 2 movies)

And I'll second Ao no Exorcist and Durarara
Old 2011-08-14, 13:33   Link #5
Aqua Knight

Busou Renkin
Old 2011-08-14, 13:50   Link #6
Elegance

To Aru Majutsu No Index
Old 2011-08-17, 16:23   Link #7
Pebamama
OP skipper

Send a message via Skype™ to Pebamama
Try Tiger&Bunny, don't be deceived by the title.
It has an awesome story and constant action .(it is ongoing)
Old 2011-08-17, 18:47   Link #8
Triple_R
"...Why?!", Sailor Faerie
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pebamama View Post
Try Tiger&Bunny, don't be deceived by the title.
It has an awesome story and constant action .(it is ongoing)
I second this.

Tiger and Bunny has a lot of action, and is pretty fantastical (in a good way).
Old 2011-08-17, 19:08   Link #9
Elegance

Isekai no sekishi monogatari (hope i spelled it right)
Old 2011-08-19, 02:39   Link #10
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

Sora no Otoshimono. Uses low brow humor though
Old 2011-08-19, 05:35   Link #11
NervZero
RAWR!!!

Send a message via AIM to NervZero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegance View Post
Isekai no sekishi monogatari (hope i spelled it right)
This is a great anime, the only downside is that i think it follows the Big Bouncing Boob Path at times... But if you can look past that its a great show..
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=10393

Another good show is The Legend of the Legendary Heros: this show has action and a little comedy and its a fantasy anime.. You might like it =D
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=11250

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Closed Thread