AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-08-19, 21:38   Link #41
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
I thought the story on this was that he hated the process of the adaptation, not the actual final product. He disliked how the animation studio worked with him or something like that.
IIRC, he was referring to the general process of adaptation from manga to anime - that is, the re-imagining of the original panels into a TV format. The way screenwriters translate scenes (as standard practice and not limited to Azumanga Daioh; I suppose he's referring to timing, scene transitions, and flow as opposed to story content) simply clashes with how he feels they should play out.

Azuma dismissed rumors of any problems between him and the anime staff.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 21:43   Link #42
Flower
Celestial operations....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
I thought the story on this was that he hated the process of the adaptation, not the actual final product. He disliked how the animation studio worked with him or something like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
IIRC, he was referring to the general process of adaptation from manga to anime - that is, the re-imagining of the original panels into a TV format. The way screenwriters translate scenes (as standard practice and not limited to Azumanga Daioh; I suppose he's referring to timing, scene transitions, and flow as opposed to story content) simply clashes with how he feels they should play out.

Azuma dismissed rumors of any problems between him and the anime staff.
Okay - this makes a little more sense for me, I guess.
Old 2011-08-20, 01:27   Link #43
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Okay - this makes a little more sense for me, I guess.
Yes, for me as well... thanks to those who explained.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 20:10   Link #44
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
The mangaka for Kare Kano wasn't happy with what Hideaki Anno did with her manga, to the extent that he later resigned from his role as director in the second half of the series.

I personally think his interpretation ended up being more unique and worthwhile. Hard to think of many high school series that manage to top those first four episodes when it comes to young love.
i love first half of Karekano, in this case i think the mangka should have shut up since the Anno adaption was vastly better then the original source material.
Old 2011-08-21, 03:25   Link #45
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Cow View Post
AFAIK, he didn't really HATE it. He just preferred a happier ending. I think he said something like the OAV is based on your personal opinion whether it's right or wrong.

i didn't say he HATED it. Kinda DISLIKED was what i meant. but really Reflection was rather depressing.
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 08:20   Link #46
Kakkou
18歳腐った(?)少年

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
If I remember correctly, CLAMP didn't think too well of Bee Train's Tsubasa Chronicles.
IIRC, the Tsubasa anime was slated to run for 3 seasons over 3 years on the same NHK slot (2 cours and then a rerun each year) but CLAMP was dissatisfied by how it turned out and pulled the plug by the second season, which is when IG got the job to make those marvelous OVAs. I even recall that they did a storyboard for the second season's opening which got rejected by Beetrain in favour of their boring collection of stills. Parts of the storyboard was instead animated in the CLAMP in Wonderland 2 video and the storyboard itself was included in the second manga guidebook.
Old 2011-08-21, 23:00   Link #47
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i love first half of Karekano, in this case i think the mangka should have shut up since the Anno adaption was vastly better then the original source material.
I actually have to agree here.

The manga's true ending was lame too. D:
Old 2011-08-21, 23:17   Link #48
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
What's unique about this is that as opposed to movies, anime is almost expected to not have drastic variances in tone and outlook. Becasue the manga itself is already a hot media property.
Agreed. I can't imagine that movies are created to sell its source property. Rather, as opposed to anime, I feel as if most movie adaptations either piggyback onto the popularity of a series. Movies and books aren't as tied together as anime and manga, I'd imagine.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 23:31   Link #49
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Considering how the Lucky Star anime is a nine-hour commercial for Haruhi, I don't blame him...
Too bad we never heard that tone of Konata ever again.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 00:15   Link #50
Leo_Otaku
俺たちはリトルバスターズ!

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I remember the Managa-ka ,Mohiro Kitoh of Bokurano stating: "The director of the anime version of Bokurano hates the original work. Viewers should not expect to see any aspects that they liked about the original manga appearing in the anime. So fans of the manga, please stop watching the anime". So I assume he is saying he doesn't like it XD. I wouldn't if they said they didn't like my work either >.>

As for Sailor Moon I'll have to say it LOOKS better than the manga by a long shot.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 01:29   Link #51
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
I remember the Managa-ka ,Mohiro Kitoh of Bokurano stating: "The director of the anime version of Bokurano hates the original work. Viewers should not expect to see any aspects that they liked about the original manga appearing in the anime. So fans of the manga, please stop watching the anime". So I assume he is saying he doesn't like it XD. I wouldn't if they said they didn't like my work either >.>
Actually, it was the anime director who said. Manga fans were harrassing him on his blog, so he wanted to get them off his case.

There's no word on what the mangaka thinks of the adaptation. However, the changes were made with his blessing.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 17:37   Link #52
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post

As for Sailor Moon I'll have to say it LOOKS better than the manga by a long shot.
It's...........really really different. I don't know how to explain...except they are both really good. But I definitely think the anime appeals way more to male fans than the manga would.