AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-10, 22:15   Link #501
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die

that GATLING GUN

and Black Gold Saw's 2 second's worth of screen time trumped everything else. lol
Old 2012-02-10, 23:24   Link #502
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

Spoiler for huge pic:

Why do these stories get budget? -_-
Old 2012-02-11, 03:50   Link #503
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
Shouldn't it be "Candy-shooting Machine"?
The machine itself had no problem.

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 07:51   Link #504
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Wow.. that was terrible.. Mari Okada really lose herself writing this.

Dear god.. After Blood-C, Guilty Crown now this.. can't just I can enjoy anime with good sakuga from excellent people like I.G's crew and Imaishi without sanity breaking story/script?

I can't bear bad stories like Infinite Stratos but awful stuff like this its just too friggin' offensive.
Old 2012-02-11, 08:25   Link #505
xizro345
King's Justice

I honestly think the writer is the least of the problems (though some choices are, let's say, odd). The decision to split the work between two studios is also hurting the overall result, creating the disconnection. But as I said, the problem originates from the foundation they built the story on, so unless you get an exceptionally skilled writer (and it doesn't look Ordet has one) no way it's possible to salvage the show.
On a purely personal level I have to add that since the OAV days I never cared for Yomi or Mato, I'm mostly in for BRS and huke's designs, and that's why I hoped for an original world instead of getting the weakest part of the whole franchise.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 08:33   Link #506
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
I honestly think the writer is the least of the problems (though some choices are, let's say, odd). The decision to split the work between two studios is also hurting the overall result, creating the disconnection.
Nah.. that is very common in anime production, even in show that not necessarily worked by multiple studios they throw the production right and left to other studios for and some freelance for help.

Disconnection isn't the problem anyway, Alternate world part supposed to looked random n only served as metaphor manifestation. Its doesn't change any fact the "story" part is laughable, at least the OAV not have this kind of stories.
Old 2012-02-11, 08:45   Link #507
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Nah.. that is very common in anime production, even in show that not necessarily worked by multiple studios they throw the production right and left to other studios for and some freelance for help.
I disagree. It was already a problem in the OAV, and the TV series is even worse, though I noticed they're trying (badly) to offer a link between the two worlds.

Quote:
Disconnection isn't the problem anyway, Alternate world part supposed to looked random n only served as metaphor manifestation. Its doesn't change any fact the "story" part is laughable, at least the OAV not have this kind of stories.
Well, I disagree again. I'm more interested in the alternate world, and even the normal world would work better if they actually formed a real connection between the two. This show (and the "prequel") wants to be character-driven show adding some extra flavor, but it fails spectacularly.
Even a mostly sub-par writer like Kazushige Nojima managed to build a better story by not following the animated version.
Old 2012-02-11, 09:14   Link #508
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
I disagree. It was already a problem in the OAV, and the TV series is even worse, though I noticed they're trying (badly) to offer a link between the t.
But I don't think that has anything to do with there being more than 1 studio,as you said the OAV had the problem and Ordet was all alone in that one.
not counting in between animation of course and the fact that ordet is like 8 people so of course all animators are freelance
Old 2012-02-11, 09:15   Link #509
Fiemma
Fiamma

How beautiful
Old 2012-02-11, 09:17   Link #510
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
But I don't think that has anything to do with there being more than 1 studio,as you said the OAV had the problem and Ordet was all alone in that one.
not counting in between animation of course
What I meant was getting the worlds animated by two different studios is widening the disconnection and the whole story is getting even more disjointed. Not that I dislike the CG parts, they're actually the good parts of the shows..
Old 2012-02-11, 09:25   Link #511
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
I disagree. It was already a problem in the OAV, and the TV series is even worse, though I noticed they're trying (badly) to offer a link between the two worlds.

Well, I disagree again. I'm more interested in the alternate world, and even the normal world would work better if they actually formed a real connection between the two. This show (and the "prequel") wants to be character-driven show adding some extra flavor, but it fails spectacularly.
Even a mostly sub-par writer like Kazushige Nojima managed to build a better story by not following the animated version.
I don't get your obsession about disproving this point of yours (all of your argument on this thread about the OAV basically this)

I'm saying the OAV at least not have offensive story like this, oh wait.. I revise it, its don't have any story at all.

Its just about mindless two part, one of futuristic cool girl fighting each other part and "cute girl doing cute girl part" and both part is enjoyable with the latter part not trying to be any fancy, screw with the "connection" and other stuff, its only anime that bundled with figurines afterall. Its not like they trying to make good anime, unlike this TV series.

And trying to make connection to both world is just make it worse, as we seen in two first episode. Due to extreme condition in alternate world they feel must make the story extreme as well so its can walking in same tone, and its just ridiculous.
Old 2012-02-11, 09:39   Link #512
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
I'm saying the OAV at least not have offensive story like this, oh wait.. I revise it, its don't have any story at all.
I personally don't think either of the shows have an "offensive" story. There are much, much worse series. They're just silly and poorly planned.

Quote:
Its just about mindless two part, one of futuristic cool girl fighting each other part and "cute girl doing cute girl part" and both part is enjoyable with the latter part not trying to be any fancy, screw with the "connection" and other stuff, its only anime that bundled with figurines afterall. Its not like they trying to make good anime, unlike this TV series.
But the game showed you can create a story that makes minimal sense using a character born out of a drawing and a computer-generated song (and what's worse, it was done by a guy that is pretty famous for sure, but most of his stories were terrible to begin with). That's why I was fairly disappointed when it was decided to reuse the old concepts (no to mention using Ordet again...). Heck, even Innocent Soul took more risks.
And I disagree on the "mindless" part: it was awful. I don't understand how people can consider it "superior", in fact.
The TV series is a trainwreck for sure, but again, people are wrong if they're putting all the blame on the idea that they didn't follow the original premise closely, IMO.
Old 2012-02-11, 15:04   Link #513
kitten320

Wow... series are really awful 0_o
The whole problem makes no sense, Yomi's parents are just retards. Yomi is a retard too, that psycho can clearly walk and do anything she wants yet Yomi is treating her like if she is paralyzed. Also how exactly is it her fault?

This looks very bad...
Old 2012-02-11, 15:11   Link #514
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

The way I see it is that the narrative disconnect is part of what is special about this show, as it was with the OVA. The producers are not trying to lay out a simple connection, they make the viewer work to create his or her own understanding of things. That makes the show more interesting, even exciting, than an ordinary anime.

As for things that may not make perfect sense, such as Yomi's neurosis, for me that works emotionally very well. It is not totally realistic, but it conveys a real sense of a person. This show's style has a formalistic or symbolic aspect.
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 20:58   Link #515
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I think BGS is getting alot of love from the animators.

Either way Figma BRS T.V. anime version. Hooddy

Old 2012-02-11, 22:30   Link #516
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

I think the only reason why this show is criticized by many is that the main characters have more flaws than your average cast.

We have a girl who is still chaste about the negative side of life and is a bit naive about this aspect of life.
A girl who can be easily imprisoned by the words of others.
A psychotic girl who loves to play with other people like they are mere puppets.
A lady who "leads people to the truth", whether in good side and bad side of it.

Is there a problem with this? I don't think so. Not everyone can make friends with everyone else, and there are people who would reject another person's friendly gestures. In the middle of all of this, there will be people who would used this weakness to lead them forward like a guide... or to exploit said weakness like pawns on a chessboard.

I think Ruiko Saten of Toaru Kagaku no Railgun suffered from the same criticism when she chose to amplify her powers using dangerous means instead of living a content life and avoiding her friends to worry about her. She might be selfish, but she did what anyone might have done given the same circumstances.
LIGHT NOVEL CHALLENGE: Absolute Duo, Seiken Tsukai no World Break and Sister of Testament New Devil.

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 26. Completed: 219. Plan to watch: 32.

Marcus H. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 22:51   Link #517
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
^ flawed, I have no problem with that; but as of episode two, they feel more like over-dramatic idiots... should I put it blatantly... I really hope they prove me wrong in the remaining 2 hours left for the show
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 23:34   Link #518
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

@kenjiharima: ONLY $380! And it comes with DVD/BDs or something and other extras. No EX BRS Bike to be seen yet at wonfes.

Eight episodes is a weird number. Shorter stuff you usually see 'round the six episode mark, with the odd tenner/eleven-er here and there.

Dunno if it was the translation, but I found Mato's little exchange with Yomi in the change room kinda odd. I mean, what middle school kid talks like that? That aside, since the series is so short, I can withhold judgement until it's complete.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 23:52   Link #519
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I think the only reason why this show is criticized by many is that the main characters have more flaws than your average cast.
No. One of the main reasons is bad writing. This is seen most obviously in Yomi's mother, who knew everything that was happening between Yomi and Kagari but let it play out because "Kagari is a pitiful girl". From an adult, and specially a parent, that sort of thought process is just plain illogical. Well, the series could go back to explain why she did this at some point, but I don't think it's going to happen.

It's also illogical (although to a lesser extent than the example above) that Yomi goes from a girl that let herself being abused due to her misplaced guilt, to a girl willing to stop that behaviour as fast as she does in episode 2. The development is expected (and there's nothing wrong with it) but for it to happen this fast is just bullshit. If her issues were so easy to resulve, she wouldn't have being stuck in such a situation to begin with. The series made it seem like she just needed to understand what to do, but people's psyches don't work like that. Understanding is not enough and such a case.

All in all, I think the series would work better with a slower pace and a more subtle touch. Having the same developments seen in the first two episode play out in four episode would solve a lot of script issues. And also, Yomi's mother shouldn't know what was happening, since that's a fucking deal breaker.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-02-12 at 00:21.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 00:06   Link #520
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I think a show can have flawed cast and still be well rreceived,just take another Okada anime like Ano Hanna,all cast members in that have their flaws and pretty serious issues.

I just vastly preffer the way ano Hana handles its drama

Spoiler for comparaisons with Ano Hana:

And to me Kagari doesn't come off as just a flawed character but as a complete monster,I don't have a problem with that right off the bat,those can be entertaining and I think Kagari is,however I have a hard time feeling pity for complete monster so the attitude of her parents just leaves me going "wtf?!"

Tags
action, slice of life