AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Old 2010-02-01, 23:42   Link #1
cyberdemon

[Light Novel] Ladies Versus Butlers

watched the first few episodes and thought I'd want to hear more about the light novel. Has anyone read it? Wish my japanese was at a good enough level to read it.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 15:21   Link #2
rouxlas

As far as I know this series ended a couple of months ago at 13 volumes. Is there anyone who has finished reading the light novel willing to share with the rest of us some info about its conclusion? For example Akiharu pick a particular girl or do we have a harem ending?
rouxlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 07:53   Link #3
kamikaze00007

Not that I wanna necro this thread or something (for a lack of any other place I thought I could ask), but has anybody actually read the LN? From searching it seems that translated versions of the LN and manga circulated around before but I can't find any links that work anymore.

I just wanted to ask if Akiharu gets to develop some progress with the other girls: the dojikko sisters, Fou (the Chinese girl with glasses), the head maid (Mikan), and the principal of the school?

From what I saw with the anime it looked like they were going to be/intended to be part of the harem as well.
kamikaze00007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 10:35   Link #4
tsunade666

I haven't heard anything about this one for ages..... and the story is fine actually minus the overly ecchi environment. Love story wise is good for me. I also wonder who he ended up. His childhood friend or blond in drills.

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 12:15   Link #5
blade82

is it the one with a Mc like Kodaka (delinqent face)
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 12:35   Link #6
tsunade666

yes, he turns into butler for the oujo-sama of the school.

Old 2013-09-22, 18:04   Link #7
darkofficer
just a devil

also with the ending that he get slapped by the 2 girls and get scolded by the cast because he is to dense
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 23:06   Link #8
kamikaze00007

Tried reading what I could of the LN raws (my eyes almost died with the kanji). From the looks of it, the characters I mentioned also had their share of story progression (albeit the main focus of the story was still selnia and tomomi's rivalry). Years worth of story wasn't included in the anime (prolly enough for a 2nd season) but the final ending is unchanged to what we already have from the anime with the setting only being more serious this time; The only difference being Akiharu actually making the decision based on his own rationality and personality.

I would really love to see a 2nd season of this which should be able to cover all the development we never got to see. Heck, I'd LOVE to see the head maid/Mikan's portion with Akiharu, even more so that from what little I could understand; They had a more serious interaction and conversation going on which IMO influenced the final ending.
Old 2013-09-22, 23:07   Link #9
tsunade666

So its an open ending?

Old 2013-09-25, 05:57   Link #10
kamikaze00007

More like Akiharu decided to focus on being a proper butler. From what I've read on ch9 of the LN with his story progression on Mikan's route; he seems to be more interested on how he should become a good butler and how he can find the person he will choose as his master.

As for his decision on the last chapter (ch13 IIRC), I remember someone saying he dumped both girls using said decision to instead study more (including reasons such as him having a relationship with Selnia would be taken as the start of the school's downfall due to the servant-master scandal it would create and the increase in male servant ed students that year.). DO NOTE that there's a lot of progression in the story we won't see unless we read the LNs up to that point which sounded to me like the story slowly turned serious plot-wise as well as while the cast moved up in their school years.

Oh, and from what I understood with Ch9, it seems that Akiharu compliments Mikan often during his thought dialogues and as I interpreted the whole scene: "He obviously admires her as a gorgeous woman and as a great maid.". IMO he practically started on his final decision route after that encounter they had seeing how the conversation flowed.
Old 2013-09-25, 07:35   Link #11
tsunade666

I see.... interesting.

The anime shows that it has story but most of the time. It has tons of fan service. It would be nice to know how the story progress from what the anime shows.

Old 2013-09-29, 06:19   Link #12
kamikaze00007

Yes, it does warrant more (a new season definitely) to up the back-story of the rest of the girls. Just by reading and seeing the illustrations and captions on the light novels you can see that not only the head maid but also the school director have very meaningful faces/looks with regards to the protagonist. As a final note, if ever the anime gets a next season (I wish it to be so), we'll finally be able to get a grasp on the whole plot and its more serious development LN-wise.

This is one of those harem series where there was a good reason for the ending to have happened that way, not simply cutting things off with a comedic antic that serves no real purpose to the entire story (i.e. some ecchi accident that just ends with the main char getting slapped for stupid reasons.).
Old 2013-09-29, 06:48   Link #13
tsunade666

thanks for the info but I doubt that it will be getting another season which is probably sad the first season is more like just an introduction to the love triangle of the story than an actual story.