AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2004-03-31, 22:06   Link #1
GuardianAngel
Guardian of Light

Final Fantasy XI

Does anyone give me info about the new FFXI? I'm planning to buy the new PS2 hard drive and i just want to know how much is the average cost of playing and what will happen if your alter ego died in the game, can you still use it, and what if you wanna do something and you have to log off for a while, can you still come back with your group? tnx
GuardianAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 11:14   Link #2
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

avg cost for 1 character: 13 bucks a month
it's an additional 96 cents for each additional character (but since you can change jobs whenever you want in your mog house, the only reason to have alternate characters is to try out other races or to have a mule (more storage space))
when you die, you remain as a corpse until someone raises you or you decide to go back to your homepoint
all you lose is experience
almost any place can be accessed again if you get disconnected (some places like Burning Circles and Cloisters, are event based however)
you CAN rejoin your party if you log out, but it's likely that they'll replace you if you're gone too long(this is true for E-V-E-R-Y MMORPG)
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 14:21   Link #3
GuardianAngel
Guardian of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
avg cost for 1 character: 13 bucks a month
it's an additional 96 cents for each additional character (but since you can change jobs whenever you want in your mog house, the only reason to have alternate characters is to try out other races or to have a mule (more storage space))
when you die, you remain as a corpse until someone raises you or you decide to go back to your homepoint
all you lose is experience
almost any place can be accessed again if you get disconnected (some places like Burning Circles and Cloisters, are event based however)
you CAN rejoin your party if you log out, but it's likely that they'll replace you if you're gone too long(this is true for E-V-E-R-Y MMORPG)

Thanks for the info. hey another question, can you play it like a normal PS2 game? i mean playing it off line? or it just work online?
Old 2004-04-01, 15:38   Link #4
Griffith

You can only play it online, there's no offline mode at all.
Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-02, 00:37   Link #5
GuardianAngel
Guardian of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffith
You can only play it online, there's no offline mode at all.
So you have to buy the 40G drive, and pay a monthly fee to play the game... thanks,
Old 2004-04-02, 00:49   Link #6
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuardianAngel
So you have to buy the 40G drive, and pay a monthly fee to play the game... thanks,
yea, thats how it goes. and it takes a ridiculous amount of time just to log in... trust me, im a 3 month FFXI player whos contributed allot of hours into the game.
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-03, 01:15   Link #7
GuardianAngel
Guardian of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by rEkKaShInObI
yea, thats how it goes. and it takes a ridiculous amount of time just to log in... trust me, im a 3 month FFXI player whos contributed allot of hours into the game.
Tell me, how's the game? from the trailer it look really really good, in fact its like the best FF ever, am i right? i'm a big fan of FF ever since i played FFVIII. i like the story and i can feel the game in me, its like i'm the one...
Old 2004-04-03, 02:48   Link #8
Kyuven

the scope of FFXI is larger than any other FF
and it's definately the most time consuming
it also has more characters than any other FF
by the way, the HD comes with FFXI...
Old 2004-04-03, 02:52   Link #9
baka
Apathy

Send a message via AIM to baka
I wasn't around for ffx-1 so i was wondering what the rest of you think of if so i can sulk with the game i've missed.
baka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-03, 20:51   Link #10
GuardianAngel
Guardian of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
the scope of FFXI is larger than any other FF
and it's definately the most time consuming
it also has more characters than any other FF
by the way, the HD comes with FFXI...
Did you tried it already? i bet its awesome, cool characters and the best thing, playing it with all the FF fan online all over the world... square are developing FFVII movie, called Advent Children or Advent of Children, have you heard of it? Well hope its a movie, bec. i'm not happy with the FF sprits within...
Old 2004-04-03, 21:30   Link #11
Raxial
CG / Color

Send a message via AIM to Raxial
i played ffxi online for a month or two (on the computer). It was ok, but I just lost interest for some reason. It's a really cool game and all, the only downside is the immense amount of time between attacks (unless you're a class that specializes in faster attack). It kinda seems dumb to attack once, and then your character sits there for up to like 6 seconds before another attack. It just got frustrating sometimes, but it's fun.
Raxial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 00:28   Link #12
Prodigy Itachi
Ex-ANBU Captain

Send a message via AIM to Prodigy Itachi
I just re-installed the game and I'm trying to register with playonline again. The problem is I forgot my password. Does anyone know how I could go about retrieving my old password.
Prodigy Itachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 17:17   Link #13
GuardianAngel
Guardian of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxial
i played ffxi online for a month or two (on the computer). It was ok, but I just lost interest for some reason. It's a really cool game and all, the only downside is the immense amount of time between attacks (unless you're a class that specializes in faster attack). It kinda seems dumb to attack once, and then your character sits there for up to like 6 seconds before another attack. It just got frustrating sometimes, but it's fun.
Its not like FF X-2 Battle mode... Bec. I tried playing FFX-2, and the battle mode is different from the rest of FF, you dont have to wait for an attack...you can charge the same time the enemy attack you... i think that was called real time battle.
Old 2004-04-05, 17:18   Link #14
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy Itachi
I just re-installed the game and I'm trying to register with playonline again. The problem is I forgot my password. Does anyone know how I could go about retrieving my old password.

Call them..
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 17:20   Link #15
GuardianAngel
Guardian of Light

Gf

FF XI, do they have guardian forces? bec. FF X-2 doesnt, but they have the custume... i preffer the guardian forces than the custume... do you guys agree?
Old 2004-04-05, 17:22   Link #16
GuardianAngel
Guardian of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy Itachi
Check the box for the !-800 number or check your manual for more details.
Old 2004-04-05, 17:29   Link #17
Judo
Lazy Turtle

Send a message via MSN to Judo
Quote:
FF XI, do they have guardian forces? bec. FF X-2 doesnt, but they have the custume... i preffer the guardian forces than the custume... do you guys agree?

Guardian Forces...bah!...man I hate FFVIII ><

anyways, yup they have Summons or Avatars as they are called in FFXI
Judo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 11:04   Link #18
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
If you want to know more, just PM me and ill answer ASAP
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 12:19   Link #19
Zigma

i love this game. Been playing it since it came out in the US for PC

I fought Shiva Today

I'm a white mage....high level white mage
Zigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 12:54   Link #20
Kyuven

Quote:
Did you tried it already? i bet its awesome, cool characters and the best thing, playing it with all the FF fan online all over the world... square are developing FFVII movie, called Advent Children or Advent of Children, have you heard of it? Well hope its a movie, bec. i'm not happy with the FF sprits within...
i have the PC version, i'm a 29 NIN/WAR