AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2011-08-25, 16:08   Link #61
JustRob

I don't think Kabuto's Super Coffin can be the Rikudou Sennin, how the hell would he find his body. and Danzou's body is in Madara's custody, so my bet is on Shisui.
Old 2011-08-25, 16:35   Link #62
james0246

^You don't need the body, just some blood, or hair, or spit, or anything with even a little bit of genetic material on it (a stiffened sock for instance). If even some small trace amount of the Rikudou-Sennin's genetic material exists, then Kabuto could conceivably summon him from the grave (unless the Rikudou-Sennin's soul does not reside in the "pure world"...or he's not really dead).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 18:22   Link #63
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

Man...this zombie jutsu...is ridiculously haxed.
Old 2011-08-25, 19:12   Link #64
Mateus

Interesting chapter this week. I just want to know who Kabuto's trump card is.
Old 2011-08-25, 19:29   Link #65
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by octaviahawk View Post
Man...this zombie jutsu...is ridiculously haxed.
It obviously has a weak spot, and now Itachi even states this.

But it's also obvious that it was invented as such to be a heavy plot device here, so i wonder if Kabuto himself will be just such a transient plot device that dies with his Edo Tensei, that is he is killed by Itachi. Kabuto is mysterious again, so if his goal is not to just capture the kyuubi and have an uchiha body then maybe he survives until the end. If his goal is as simple as Orochimaru's (obtain Sasuke's body and then do his evil scientist stuff) then i doubt he will survive Itachi's plan.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 20:07   Link #66
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

True that; I always thought that the edo tensei was just a prelude to more bad-ass cavalry (at least, that's what I, in my infinite optimism, hope and yearn for...)

Please tell me it's about to get more bad-ass?

*epic sigh*
Old 2011-08-25, 21:56   Link #67
Ulquiorra
Espada

^ All the Uchiha will be resurrected. Why not?

Haven't we been seeing Edo Tensei's weaknesses? Haxed jutsu or not, Kabuto has not exactly done well with it. When the zombies have their personalities intact, they tell everyone how to defeat them and are ineffective warriors. Or they fight stupidly like Deidara because they are immortal. When Kabuto takes them over, he lacks the ability to properly use their techniques. Which is why he assumed incorrectly about what he could do with Nagato. Kabuto himself admitted he is playing a lot of this by ear. At least going by the numbers, the Zetsu clones have been far more damaging to the Alliance than the ET zombies who are basically elite mooks.

Remember how interesting and potentially scary Edo Tensei looked when we saw those coffins....yeah.

Itachi's plan doesn't have to be any more than putting Kabuto in a genjustu and making him cancel the jutsu. Problem solved. Itachi can take Kabuto out with him before he fades so we can close that chapter. The only complication is Kabuto's trump card which could be the last hope for him to remain any sort of factor in this war.
Old 2011-08-25, 22:30   Link #68
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

The most fitting weakness I could see is being able to control the controller through the zombie somehow.
Old 2011-08-25, 22:53   Link #69
james0246

Admittedly, it would be kind of cool if, while Naruto (or the others) fight the Pain-chuuriki, Itachi seizes control of Kabuto and turns the Pain-chuuriki against Madara...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 06:31   Link #70
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
the Zetsu clones have been far more damaging to the Alliance than the ET zombies who are basically elite mooks.
If the 2nd hokage can get killed by 12 nobodies, then most of the ET dudes aren't going to stand a chance against an army.

DOCKING MODE~
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 06:53   Link #71
Shining Celebi
a

The guy in the coffin cannot be Shisui, as many of you are suggesting. Kabuto told Madara he could not summon Shisui (or any Hokage, or Jiraiya) after he showed Madara who was in the coffin, which would be complete nonsense if it was Shisui, Minato, or Jiraiya. More to the point, why would Madara be like OMFGWTF YOU MADMAN about any of those people?
Shining Celebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 07:00   Link #72
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Favorite part:
Itachi: You must depend on your friends.
*revelation*
Crow: KAW!
Itachi: Except you... AMATERASU!
Crow: KAWWWWWW!
Naruto: WHY?!
Itachi: It's because the crow is meant to be cooked.

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 07:43   Link #73
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollian View Post
something is very strange about this, we all know Madara was scared of Minato!.
We do? I don't recall that.
Anyways, I still think that the mysterious 6th coffin being the real Madara is the more likely answer.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 08:23   Link #74
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Anyways, I still think that the mysterious 6th coffin being the real Madara is the more likely answer.
yeah... but Minato was the only one that was able to hit him.

As for the 6th tomb is Madara... Madara mentioned that he's a shell of his former self.... so it's probably his dead body that is in the 6th coffin...

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 13:40   Link #75
Ero-Senn1n

I think the interesting thing is that Madara calls Kabuto a "madman", so i assume that what Kabuto did was probably very risky to both Kabuto and Madara or even to the whole world. I mean if Madara was just fearing someone, for example Minato or the real Madara or Madara's brother or the Rikudo Sennin then saying "madman" would be nonsense. Maybe the Rikudo Sennin is somehow a risk to them, but why would he, until now it was never said that he was more than a man gifted with special ability. Maybe the summoned one is not even a human being, maybe it's some demon or "death god", something that does not belong to the human world and that cannot be safely controlled.

The other thing is that Kabuto says "he didn't tell anyone" about it, so it seems even the knowledge about this is a risk to Madara. How could Kabuto know such secrets about Madara? I think it can be that he extracted information from the zombies, there's a huge amount of secrets that ninjas of the past have buried with them, and since Kabuto wants to know all the secrets behind ninjutsu i think he extracted information from anyone he could summon. With Nagato and Itachi being among them he probably knows the Uchiha secret tablet's information that can be read only with the rinnegan eyes. Ninjutsu was created by the sage of 6 paths himself, so it would be logical that Kabuto goes after this best source of knowledge. If we assume that the sage experimented with dangerous and unknown powers of nature while creating ninjutsu powers (maybe he accidentally created the 10-tails monster), then maybe Kabuto's summon is something very dangerous that was described in the Uchiha tablet as something forbidden. Kishimoto likes forbidden things, also Kabuto is the "madman" who even created a monster of himself, so whatever was in that coffin is probably dangerous to even Madara and Kabuto, and it's existence implies that Kabuto knows some secrets that Madara thought nobody does know, and that secret can very well reveal Madara's weak point.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 15:03   Link #76
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
If the 2nd hokage can get killed by 12 nobodies, then most of the ET dudes aren't going to stand a chance against an army.
Twenty elite nin (Jounin++, i.e. Kakashi or Asuma level), in a unit named for the Silver and Gold Brothers. That aside, Nagato alone technically would have a chance against an army, given his performance against Konoha when he was alive. That jutsu's biggest weakness lies in how proficient the user can be in using someone else's abilities, though, especially if controlling more than one zombie at a time.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 15:19   Link #77
Artful Dodger

Quote:
I hope not, to me it would feel as somewhat of a let down if it turns out that some wannabe Madara was behind all this mess. I'd hope tobi would at least be Madara's brother misleading everyone, if thats the case.
Artful Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 15:53   Link #78
Shining Celebi
a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
I think the interesting thing is that Madara calls Kabuto a "madman", so i assume that what Kabuto did was probably very risky to both Kabuto and Madara or even to the whole world. I mean if Madara was just fearing someone, for example Minato or the real Madara or Madara's brother or the Rikudo Sennin then saying "madman" would be nonsense. Maybe the Rikudo Sennin is somehow a risk to them, but why would he, until now it was never said that he was more than a man gifted with special ability. Maybe the summoned one is not even a human being, maybe it's some demon or "death god", something that does not belong to the human world and that cannot be safely controlled.

The other thing is that Kabuto says "he didn't tell anyone" about it, so it seems even the knowledge about this is a risk to Madara. How could Kabuto know such secrets about Madara? I think it can be that he extracted information from the zombies, there's a huge amount of secrets that ninjas of the past have buried with them, and since Kabuto wants to know all the secrets behind ninjutsu i think he extracted information from anyone he could summon. With Nagato and Itachi being among them he probably knows the Uchiha secret tablet's information that can be read only with the rinnegan eyes. Ninjutsu was created by the sage of 6 paths himself, so it would be logical that Kabuto goes after this best source of knowledge. If we assume that the sage experimented with dangerous and unknown powers of nature while creating ninjutsu powers (maybe he accidentally created the 10-tails monster), then maybe Kabuto's summon is something very dangerous that was described in the Uchiha tablet as something forbidden. Kishimoto likes forbidden things, also Kabuto is the "madman" who even created a monster of himself, so whatever was in that coffin is probably dangerous to even Madara and Kabuto, and it's existence implies that Kabuto knows some secrets that Madara thought nobody does know, and that secret can very well reveal Madara's weak point.
Exactly. I'll shy away from committing to that, because I didn't see the raw Japanese myself, so I'm not sure about the word "madman," (reading other translations I suspect it was much more neutral, like kisama) but we can tell by Madara's reaction that Kabuto did something beyond the pale.

It would be cool if it was like you said, and Kabuto (for example) somehow brought some demon or god from the Pure Land and put them in a body. I don't like the explanation that it is the "real" Madara, because it seems clear that Tobi really is Madara, even if it's just his mind and no longer his body, and it would be silly if Kabuto can summon Madara's soul so there can be two Madaras. On the other hand, it's hard to see why Madara would be so affected by Izuna when he is clearly heartless.

Basically we know three things about the coffin:
1) Madara is actually threatened by whoever is in it.
2) It is not Jiraiya, Shisui, or any Hokage.
3) It seems to involve a secret Madara doesn't want anyone to know.

Kabuto's real plan is also very unclear to me. He clearly isn't too invested in helping Madara, because he deliberately led Konoha to the secret base, and he was trying to take the jinchuuriki for himself.
Shining Celebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 17:14   Link #79
farhan

1. looks like itachi is on his own...i bet he's looking for the one who summons him: kabuto

2. i am confident that itachi wont go alone to fight kabuto...instead...he will ask kakashi to join him...

4. naruto will meet sasuke first. no doubt since sasuke has been missing for a while...

5. naruto will reveal everything to sasuke...but it wont be easy to convince without a fight...

6. after that...trio of naruto-sasuke-bee will fight madara...naruto-bee only to fight madara+6 is nonsense....
Old 2011-08-26, 18:45   Link #80
Mateus

Quote:
Sorry if this has been asked before but how could two Madara's co-exist? Would it be the shell/body with its own sentience against the mind/soul in the new body?

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion