AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2011-08-25, 03:18   Link #41
aohige
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
that franky docking reminded me somewhat of voltes 5 and daimos. don't know why. lol
Nah it's clearly a parody of Tetsujin 28 (literally Iron Man 28, known in US as Gigantor)
The face, the 38th BF number on the side, etc.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 04:11   Link #42
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah, i totally couldn't help but think Tetsujin 28, which made this chapter extra special. Brilliant homage Oda.

Robin's stare had me laughing so much . Just like her classic reaction to the past docking scene.
Old 2011-08-25, 04:43   Link #43
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurun View Post
great chapter as always. now i can see mecha entering onepiece world.
well although it just like bigger version franky for me.

at other side, why hody look so weak this chapter? getting kickass 2 time without cannot fight back? even his water shot can negated by JInbei. I just hope luffy fighting hody will not be boring..

and Noah arc, where it say that it was ancient weapon? it does not look like "weapon" for me..

It's just a little theory I'm kicking around with based on Neptune over-reaction, Prince's remark about it being the from ancient time, fish people used to live on land before the void century, Robin finding more ancient text, and that it seems that after this arc fish people is going to be wondering around in Noah it'll make sense if Noah is (or has) some sort of ancient weapon as well.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yeah, i totally couldn't help but think Tetsujin 28, which made this chapter extra special. Brilliant homage Oda.

Robin's stare had me laughing so much . Just like her classic reaction to the past docking scene.

Both Robin and Nami's emotionless face cracked me up.

But I got to say though, while Nami was expected, I was a bit surprise by Robin's reaction. Sure, she had same reaction toward "docking" before, but that was understandable. I thought she would be smiling a bit about General Franky this time, after all she did seem to understand Afro Luffy and Brother Soul...

Speaking of Afro Luffy, I was a bit disappointed that Sanji wasn't shown to bask in the glory that is General Franky
Old 2011-08-25, 05:51   Link #44
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

woottt... now Strawhat have a megazord in their ship... xD

Nami and Chopper are awesome.... the fishmen really are no matched with them

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 06:22   Link #45
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
woottt... now Strawhat have a megazord in their ship... xD
that's it! i think that's why franky's new mecha look reminded me of voltes 5, he also has a sword like the laser sword in voltes 5. am i making sense? probably not. lol
Old 2011-08-25, 07:23   Link #46
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Talking about new abilities, any one else betting on a giant Robin form? Since she has already formed giant legs, forming a whole body seems very plausible.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 07:39   Link #47
Keeper

Whole body you say? I would suspect it would have knocked out more fishmen than Luffy's haki blast. Note, she can't create clothes as far as I know...
Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 09:22   Link #48
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
Whole body you say? I would suspect it would have knocked out more fishmen than Luffy's haki blast. Note, she can't create clothes as far as I know...
That was one of the reasons for hoping it happens
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 09:38   Link #49
marvelB

Quote:

Actually, if her full-body clone from a few chapters back is any indication, she's definitely capable of cloning her clothing, as well (true, her clone wasn't super-sized, but still.....).
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 10:30   Link #50
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurun View Post

at other side, why hody look so weak this chapter? getting kickass 2 time without cannot fight back? even his water shot can negated by JInbei. I just hope luffy fighting hody will not be boring..
I think this arc is saying that "If the straw hats didnt trained 2 years, they will be having a hard time fighting Hody's crew, but they could still win though"
Old 2011-08-25, 10:37   Link #51
K. Shiruto

Maybe the new homeland of the melfork will be Mariejois? Since we know that sooner or later the WG will be destroyed...

It's just a thought.
K. Shiruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 11:21   Link #52
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Actually, if her full-body clone from a few chapters back is any indication, she's definitely capable of cloning her clothing, as well (true, her clone wasn't super-sized, but still.....).
Huh? I must have skimmed through too quickly if I have missed that...
Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 11:41   Link #53
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Noah is massive, so it might take a collaborative effort to stop it. Hope to see Zeo and Hyouzou in action next chapter.
Old 2011-08-25, 11:57   Link #54
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Noah is massive, so it might take a collaborative effort to stop it.
Honestly, only really Luffy (and maybe Robin, or Shira if she can use the Sea Kings) could potentially halt the mass (and I find that a bit of a stretch (pun intended), everyone elses attacks/abilities would simply destroy the vessel (which the King seems to think that would be a bad thing).

Addmittedly, since the ship is coming for Shira, it would make more sense for Shira to simply leave the area, with the ship following behind...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 12:02   Link #55
K. Shiruto

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Addmittedly, since the ship is coming for Shira, it would make more sense for Shira to simply leave the area, with the ship following behind...
That would contradict what Luffy told her before:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

However, if that were to happen and Shira went outside the island for the sake of protecting it, Luffy would be having a hard time protecting her, because water is his weakness.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-08-25 at 13:10. Reason: Please don't link to scan sites (ESPECIALLY a LICENSED manga), upload the image to an image hosting site instead.
Old 2011-08-25, 12:34   Link #56
The Small One

Did I miss something?
What exactly is so special about this Wapometal? Was this ever mentioned? Isn't this just a normal metal?
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 12:43   Link #57
K. Shiruto

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Did I miss something?
What exactly is so special about this Wapometal? Was this ever mentioned? Isn't this just a normal metal?
Read Wapol's ministory.
Old 2011-08-25, 14:28   Link #58
Slayerx

Quote:
Huh? I must have skimmed through too quickly if I have missed that...
It was when Robin first met up with Luffy and the others in the sea forest.

At first she had appeared between Luffy, jinbei and Sanji, but then she vanished just as the three crashed into eachother and reappeared walking out from the trees. As such we have assumed that the "Robin" that was standing between Luffy, jinbei and Sanji was in fact a full body clone.
Old 2011-08-25, 15:31   Link #59
The_Three_Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post

At first she had appeared between Luffy, jinbei and Sanji, but then she vanished just as the three crashed into eachother and reappeared walking out from the trees. As such we have assumed that the "Robin" that was standing between Luffy, jinbei and Sanji was in fact a full body clone.
Either its a full body clone, or she can make her body reappear in different places, kind've like a teleportation technique.
The_Three_Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 15:37   Link #60
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post

And not to mention that prior to that, there was the color spread that also hinted at Robin being capable of creating (fully clothed) clones of herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Hope to see Zeo and Hyouzou in action next chapter.

Yep! And speaking of that..... if Dosun really does turn out to be Zoro's opponent, then could this mean that Brooke will be the one to take on Hyouzou after all? I certainly wouldn't complain if that turns out to be true (the Soul King's been lacking in boss battles after all), but I still wonder if he's really capable of taking on a guy who could easily counter Gear 2 Luffy......
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote