AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2011-08-24, 13:23   Link #21
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ

No one is laughing at the last page? That Ginjou's outfit?

..I certainly did Regardless of how I think about this manga, I still feel curious on how this arc will end up

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 13:30   Link #22
toriko

[QUOTE=sayde;3740959]Two words--Shinobu Sensui

Lol are you saying ginjou is sensui.. ginjou isnt even half as good character as sensui was,he was a innocent guy who lost his mind after watching black tape and developed twisted ideologies ..while there is no excuse given for ginjou being bad even if they give it will be lame and repitative like he wants to destroy ss..hell no antagonist in bleach
ever had a proper reson for being bad..
toriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 13:38   Link #23
kakakka

Ginjou and Sensui are the protagonist's predecessors and.... that's the only thing that's common between them for now, nothing else.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 13:41   Link #24
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
For some reason, the detail that stuck out for me the most this chapter was the fact that apparently Shinji also contributed his power. I found it interesting. If only because it's the first mention we've heard of the vizards since the end of Deicide. With any luck, hopefully that means we can expect to see them soon too.
I've been more interested in Isshin's presence with the other shinigamis. I guess they know about him having shinigami powers (most of them probably learned shortly after Deicide). But do any of them know Isshin beyond being Ichigo's dad?

Quote:
Then again, I suppose it's just as likely (judging by how "original" the plot feels at the moment) that Ginjou will turn out to have another personality which is much stronger and smarter than his present personality.
You're really going to like the next arc when all the characters participate in a massive tournament to see who becomes ruler of Soul Society. Sorry for the spoilers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel
No one is laughing at the last page? That Ginjou's outfit?
Skull Knight called... he wants his outfit back.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 13:44   Link #25
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
You're really going to like the next arc when all the characters participate in a massive tournament to see who becomes ruler of Soul Society. Sorry for the spoilers...
or Hueco Mundo
Old 2011-08-24, 13:46   Link #26
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Quote:
Two words--Shinobu Sensui
True in that he's a rebel-ish Substitute Shinigami. Not to be nit picky, but at the very least it's mentioned that he was the very first one in his line and not the second as Sensui was.

Also, Sensui was never in the kind of desperate situation against Yusuke (not counting when Raizen took him over) that Ginjou is against Ichigo. He was pwning his replacement all over the place, demonic power-up or not.

So, while there are a couple of noticeable similarities, I wouldn't go so far as to call it a rip-off IMO.
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 13:52   Link #27
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

his outfit looks like somthing out of the new updates in runescape. Had to be said.

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Chiisai Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 13:53   Link #28
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinn Kamiyra View Post
Also, Sensui was never in the kind of desperate situation against Yusuke (not counting when Raizen took him over) that Ginjou is against Ichigo. He was pwning his replacement all over the place, demonic power-up or not.
Spoiler for YYH:

Also

I thought Ichigo was more like RO's Guillotine Cross, but I was wrong! LOL

Spoiler for Guillotine Cross for comparison:
Old 2011-08-24, 14:06   Link #29
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

I mention something about Ginjou's outfit in the ridiculous images thread...
Old 2011-08-24, 14:07   Link #30
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Touche. lol. You're forgiven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toriko View Post
Lol are you saying ginjou is sensui
Uhh, yeah?
You've gotta understand that when people cry rip-off or feel compelled to point out connections, there doesn't have to be tons of exact similarities to point out. The similarities in this case are relatively few and more broad in general, but yet distinct enough to still warrant attention regardless.

For instance,
-Ginjou is an shinigami subtitute. Sensui was an ex spirit detective.
-Ginjou's an anatagonist. Sensui was an antagonist
-Soul Society considers their ex employee to be a threat apparently just like the spirit realm considered their own ex-employee to be a threat.

And of all the possibilities Kubo could've explored for new potential antagonists, he had to go down this route. So I hold no fault towards anyone who has and who will draw parallels between today's chapter and YYH. The *inspiration* is very apparent. Overwhelming amounts of similarities aren't needed.

Last edited by sayde; 2011-08-24 at 14:23.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 14:11   Link #31
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Chiisai Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 14:17   Link #32
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

If that is indeed him...this will be much more interesting.
Old 2011-08-24, 14:19   Link #33
kakakka

That's awesome.

I also wondered the same before if it's really Tsukishima
Old 2011-08-24, 14:23   Link #34
sayde

THAT's...actually kinda cool.
Old 2011-08-24, 14:30   Link #35
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

That's Hanatorau's brother, but yeah he has that same smug look.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 15:11   Link #36
Haak
God Damn Christmas Songs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiisai Kuma View Post
Spoiler for space:
Holy crap, that's insane.
Old 2011-08-24, 15:17   Link #37
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Edit: So I am the only one who likes Ginjou's new duds? I love it!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiisai Kuma View Post
Spoiler for you may have something there:
Interesting...
Although his abilities doesn't seem to be suited to the 4th division

They're more like the 5th division members...

Unless he was a former 5th division member and transferred to the 4th division

Like Renji whose powers and abilities are like every other 11th division member barring Yumichika.

Melee fighter, huge bankai with destructive power, and can't use kido for jackshyte

So it wasn't Isshin huh...
Um this really makes me want to know, how in the hell did Isshin get his powers back?!?!

KUBO!!! ISSHIN BACK STORY LoP WANTS!!!

Quote:

The only thing I'm left wondering at the moment is how Ginjou's going to get out of this situation. Granted he just transformed, so a power-boost is to be expected. But he'll need something big if he's to fend off Ichigo as he is now (especially if Ichigo can still use Bankai) along with the rest of Captains and VC's present. Who knows, perhaps he'll get bailed out by the real main antagonist soon. Because neither Ginjou nor Tsukishima feel much like potential candidates for the position any more.

Then again, I suppose it's just as likely (judging by how "original" the plot feels at the moment) that Ginjou will turn out to have another personality which is much stronger and smarter than his present personality.
Or he might just go Bankai. He's a Shinigami he probably has a Bankai. More than likely he will use said Bankai in conjunction with the fullbring

Also it looks like everything Ginjou told us about Fullbring is a lie. I don't think it has to be something of yours or else, he couldn't use Ichigo's Fullbring.

I wonder how Isshin is connected to him because I still believe there is a connection

Quote:

Yeah, it is a bit strange that Ichigo would be so relaxed while talking with the others while Tsukishima is still lurking around somewhere. Conveniently though, I didn't see any sign of Rukia, Urahara or Isshin anywhere in this chapter. Mayhaps they have something to do with that?
He's back to his old self and he's confident and he usually has some kind of conversation with whomever is around before he fights
Quote:
One other thing that strikes me as curious. Why would Shinji be one of the ones to have given his spiritual pressure to that sword? Did he rejoin Soul Society at some point?
Ichigo is his nakama. Shinji already stated that in FKT arc and he defeated Aizen. So Shinji like the others is indebted to him
Quote:
All that aside anyway, even with this Fullbring-ish transformation of his, Ichigo should still be able to pawn all over Ginjou pretty easily. Using Bankai or anything more on someone this weak would be a waste.
Um again I have to ask why is everyone just writing Ginjou off? Especially with this new reveal that he is indeed the Lost Shinigami Agent

That means he has Shikai and unless he's a former 11 division retard, he can use Kidou and he may have a bankai and on top of that he's got fullbring which gives him Hollow powers...so he's a faux Arrancar...

I think people shouldn't write him off as weak so fast.

Last edited by Lord of Pandemonium; 2011-08-24 at 15:29.
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 15:44   Link #38
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
Also it looks like everything Ginjou told us about Fullbring is a lie. I don't think it has to be something of yours or else, he couldn't use Ichigo's Fullbring.
Really? I think there happens to be a lot truth to what Ginjou claimed. He told Ichigo that he'd help him regain his shinigami powers. In doing so, he claimed that the fullbringers would be able to transfer their powers to him. Of course Ginjou lied because in all actuality, he wanted to take the fullbring ability Ichigo would gain for himself as oppose to handing over his own fullbring ability to Ichigo. So despite the con, he was telling the truth to an extent. That is to say, he did prove that a fullbringer (Ichigo) could pass on their ability to a shinigami (Ginjou). And as a result of that half-truth, Ginjou now seems to possess his own fullbring on top of Ichigo's. I hate to admit it, but it's also possible he might have tons more fullbring abilities to reveal. So perhaps that could be the real power-up Kubo will give him to make him out to be the new main antagonist.

On another note, I couldn't help myself from reading too-deeply into something upon re-reading the chapter. When you think about it, there were A LOT of characters who had to have chipped in spiritual energy to help Ichigo out. But yet only a fraction of those characters where given any notice by Ichigo/Kubo. Could the characters highlighted in this chapter be a foreshadowing of the characters who will play the most relevant roles in the events to come?

*edit*
One last thing I couldn't help but point out:

Notice how glum Urahara looks upon receiving the order from Yamamoto. I think the reasons for his expression could be quite debatable.
Old 2011-08-24, 15:52   Link #39
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
that might be a bit premature conclusion. What if either Ginjou's shinigami or fullbring trademark power is to cut/carve away his opponent's powers and make them his own? That for one might explain why evidently Yamaji considers him a serious threat.

Quote:
I wonder how Isshin is connected to him because I still believe there is a connection
It was possibly hinted when Ishinn put his reaitsu into the sword that he felt "responsible" somehow, if memory serves right. But knowing Kubo I wouldn't count on him building overly complex plot on that Would be nice though, agreed.

Quote:
I think people shouldn't write him off as weak so fast.
Well, he'd better not go down just like that as hyped as he got now. Also, considering last panel, he looks too badass to go down. There's bound to be some twist - if it's a good one Iwon't dare speculate on before next week
Old 2011-08-24, 16:06   Link #40
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

What a twist! Well, not really. Quite a bit of us called Ginjou on being a rip off of Sensui the very first time he appeared, which was... about 40 chapters ago? Goddamn, it took this long to get here?

Regarding Tsukishima's absence, maybe he was smart enough to get the hell out of here as soon as he saw Ichigo in a shinigami outfit unlike Ginjou who just went "hurr durr you wear shinigami clothing, you have a zanpakutou, but you're not obviously not a shinigami!". At any rate, rather than his absence, what bothers me more is that Ichigo has completely forgotten about the guy who was his mortal enemy not even 2 chapters ago.