AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2011-08-24, 16:08   Link #41
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
What a twist! Well, not really. Quite a bit of us called Ginjou on being a rip off of Sensui the very first time he appeared, which was... about 40 chapters ago? Goddamn, it took this long to get here?

Regarding Tsukishima's absence, maybe he was smart enough to get the hell out of here as soon as he saw Ichigo in a shinigami outfit unlike Ginjou who just went "hurr durr you wear shinigami clothing, you have a zanpakutou, but you're not obviously not a shinigami!". At any rate, rather than his absence, what bothers me more is that Ichigo has completely forgotten about the guy who was his mortal enemy not even 2 chapters ago.
He sure did start running when he saw he saw Ichigo pull out getsuga tensho.People need proof lol
Old 2011-08-24, 16:12   Link #42
Aqua Knight

Ichigo bankai's in 1-3 chapters
Old 2011-08-24, 16:22   Link #43
Wakan Tanka

Something just hit me now. Do you remember the captain who was appointed to serve under the King and the Division Zero crap, could Ginjou/Tsukishima be related to it? Or even be the Shinigami who was appointed that time?
Old 2011-08-24, 16:43   Link #44
Lunarskylar

you know... i was actually really impressed with this chapter, until i came here and was reminded of YYH -___- dammit kubo, you got my hopes up just for them to be crushed by reality

i think LoP is rubbing off on me if i'm starting to have hopes for kubo

sooo, i'm calling that ginjou is the shinigami isshin had to defeat with his FGT back in da day
if ginjou is the fullbring stealer and full brings are akin to hollow powers, thennn this could be interesting

i think stark rocked that outfit better though, i miss the primera
Old 2011-08-24, 17:25   Link #45
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarskylar View Post
i think LoP is rubbing off on me if i'm starting to have hopes for kubo
LoP reawkeded all hope i used to have b4 i joined animesuki.
the nay sayers are being converted! keep it up LoP!

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Chiisai Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 20:08   Link #46
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*´∀`)ノ

Quote:
Notice how glum Urahara looks upon receiving the order from Yamamoto. I think the reasons for his expression could be quite debatable.
If I remember correctly, he did ask Isshin whether he wanted to help Ichigo or not because...err..it can rob his future?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 20:17   Link #47
kobun

Wait did they just confirm that hanotaro is now a vice captain? Lol
kobun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 21:03   Link #48
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobun View Post
That's actually a good point. Yamamoto did say all Captains and Vice-Captains...

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 21:05   Link #49
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

No squad was missing a VC after the war, so unless something happened to someone, Hanatarou probably asked to put in his reiatsu.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 21:31   Link #50
Frailty
Half-yōkai
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobun View Post
not necessarily, since he also sensed Isshin's, Urahara's, Yoruichi's and Shinji's reiatsu from the sword. Ikakku's reiatsu was also transferred there and he's not even Vice Captain, I know deep down that Zaraki won't bring down Yachiru's position. And that Ikakku won't accept a position that high.

plus, I'd feel bad for Isane if she became a 3rd seat or something. and I think the only reason why Rukia's a Vice Captain now is because the 13th Squad didn't actually had a replacement after Kaien died and that it was open for a lot of years.

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 21:36   Link #51
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
Ichigo is his nakama. Shinji already stated that in FKT arc and he defeated Aizen. So Shinji like the others is indebted to him
I'm not disputing that, but that doesn't explain why Shinji alone, out of all the Vizards, would be in a position to give his spiritual pressure to the sword in the first place. If we're merely talking about being indebted to Ichigo, then Shinji's hardly the only one out of all the Vizards to fall into that category, so why weren't they involved too?

Besides that, this whole business with Ginjou really hasn't been going on that long. It seems odd that Shinji would even be in a position to know about it unless he were in contact with Soul Society in some way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium
Um again I have to ask why is everyone just writing Ginjou off? Especially with this new reveal that he is indeed the Lost Shinigami Agent

That means he has Shikai and unless he's a former 11 division retard, he can use Kidou and he may have a bankai and on top of that he's got fullbring which gives him Hollow powers...so he's a faux Arrancar...

I think people shouldn't write him off as weak so fast.
If Ginjou really retained his Shinigami powers, then why hasn't he used them yet? In the face several Captains and Vice-Captains of the Gotei 13, not to mention Ichigo who's now pwning all over him with his restored powers, it seems more than a bit foolish to be holding anything back.

Besides, why did Ginjou go through all the trouble of bringing Ichigo into his own FB powers only to steal them? At this point it seems more likely that he wanted to bolster his own FB powers with Ichigo's because he doesn't have his Shinigami powers anymore.
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 21:51   Link #52
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinn Kamiyra View Post
that doesn't explain why Shinji alone, out of all the Vizards, would be in a position to give his spiritual pressure to the sword in the first place. If we're merely talking about being indebted to Ichigo, then Shinji's hardly the only one out of all the Vizards to fall into that category, so why weren't they involved too?
When you consider the fact that there were definitely numerous other VC's and Captains who contributed their power that didn't get any mention from Kubo/Ichigo whatsoever it's definitely possible and even quite likely that there were other Vizards who contributed their power as well.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 21:55   Link #53
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

This is too obvious as a Yu Yu Hakusho fan...
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 22:17   Link #54
ronin myael
lost ronin

well, i can't say i was surprised by the developments. i think i mentioned this before, bleach was turned down several times by publishers because the plot bore a remarkable resemblance to yu yu hakusho. kubo was only able to have it published years later after the yu yu hakusho fame died down a bit. so to have him seemingly "rip off" yu yu hakusho is not that surprising. but if you haven't seen or read yyh then i suppose it's okay. apart from the obvious lack of "content" in this chapter, it's just okay. it's nice seeing the old characters. i can't say it's a good chapter though. kubo really likes to do those big panels, huh? anybody else find it annoying? i just feel he's either dragging things out by wasting pages or he doesn't know what else to write.

Last edited by ronin myael; 2011-08-25 at 00:16.
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 22:39   Link #55
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
well, i can't say i was surprised by the developments. i think i mentioned this before, bleach was turned down several times by publishers because the plot bore a remarkable resemblance to yu yu hakusho. kubo was only able to have it published years later after the yu yu hakusho fame died down a bit. so to have him seemingly "rip off" yu yu hakusho is not that surprising. but if you haven't seen or read yyh then i suppose it's okay. apart from the obvious lack of "content" in this chapter, it's just okay. it's nice seeing the old characters. i can't say it's a good chapter though. kubo really likes to do those big panels, huh? anybody else finds it annoying? i just feel he's either dragging things out by wasting pages or he doesn't know what else to write.
It is called pacing he spends most of his time on his art soo he doesn't put much effort onto what is in it. Which can sometime be a good/bad thing. Be nice if he wrote it more like Naruto, but hey Naruto's art is good but it isn't Bleach good
Old 2011-08-24, 23:16   Link #56
rei_ayanami17
Agent 0017

yay! Uruhara had the guts now to travel to ss for the sake of that sheathebreaker sword for Ichigo. Back then, he just let Ichigo went to ss hoping he'll somehow stop Aizen's plan and not doing it by his own self instead. But now, he personally went to the Captain Commander to ask their help about this plan............Even Shinji contributed his power. Yay! This much show how Ichigo change everything for them. They all indebted to Ichigo and now its time for them to return that favor for him.

Actually, I really thought Ichigo as a masochist who loves punishing himself for always feel responsible to help them but now, all shinigamis manage to show how grateful they were with Ichigo. A great character development in their part.

Darn it! how shameful for Ginjou to escape! Unluckily for him to get caught by Ichigo with furious look!........For sure, Ginjou will soon to vanished!.... (just don't mind me, I was blinded by Ichigo's reborn power!)

btw, does Ichigo's new power don't have negative effect on him? I'm wondering, how come Ichigo shown to be able to withstand those powers come from a captain commander, captains and vice captains?.................and yeah, right now, why do I feel like Ichigo can be compare to the Hogyouku?!?

Anyways, nice chapter.

Ichimaru Gin
rei_ayanami17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 23:55   Link #57
NoLongerSane

Well, I thought it very interesting that the Captain Commander would personally aprove of the reiatsu transfer since in the past the man has been portrayed as a stickler for the rules. I wonder what else has changed in Soul Society due to Ichigo's influence.
Old 2011-08-25, 00:15   Link #58
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
It is called pacing he spends most of his time on his art soo he doesn't put much effort onto what is in it. Which can sometime be a good/bad thing. Be nice if he wrote it more like Naruto, but hey Naruto's art is good but it isn't Bleach good
pacing? i doubt it. bleach wasn't this dragging before. yes, i admit kubo does better art than most shonen manga-ka, but i just feel that these past few years he has lost interest in his own manga. as a reader you can usually tell if the author enjoys what he's writing. when he's having fun doing it the writing is usually fluid, everything is well-thought-out, the pacing is just right, and there's usually a lot of content in each chapter.

one good example is how oda writes one piece. you can tell he really loves his story with the amount of care and detail he puts into each chapter and how the readers usually enjoy reading them. in the beginning i also got that feeling from kubo. his chapters were exciting, he took care of his characters, the fights were calculated, the scenes were well-executed and the twists were interesting. but after ss arc, things just sort of went all over the place. it's as if he didn't really know where he's going with the plot. probably because he didn't plan on extending bleach that far. well, that's just my observation anyway.
Old 2011-08-25, 02:08   Link #59
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
can some people explain the yu yu hakusho connection in more detail please? id love to know the similarity.

its not that i dont want to read it, its just it would take me a real long time to complete it all and even wiki would just summarize it and breeze over important parts that are most similar.
Old 2011-08-25, 03:16   Link #60
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiisai Kuma View Post
Spoiler:
WHAT?! my mind is blown if kubo thought this far ahead. or i'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he pulled it out of his ass.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote