AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2011-08-25, 04:02   Link #61
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Wasted panels, silly action scenes and a flashback that was so damn obvious we might as well wrote it. Yeah, i must have read this weeks Bleach chapter.
Old 2011-08-25, 04:38   Link #62
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo View Post
can some people explain the yu yu hakusho connection in more detail please? id love to know the similarity.

its not that i dont want to read it, its just it would take me a real long time to complete it all and even wiki would just summarize it and breeze over important parts that are most similar.
Actually, the best thing I would recommend is actually watching or reading Yu Yu Hakusho. It's a great series.
Old 2011-08-25, 05:36   Link #63
lucasd

Wow so they wasted entire chapter to tell, what we already knew 2 chapters ago:
that he was substitute shinigami
lucasd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 05:44   Link #64
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy View Post
WHAT?! my mind is blown if kubo thought this far ahead. or i'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he pulled it out of his ass.
That's Hanataro's brother.

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 06:05   Link #65
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
That's Hanataro's brother.
yes, i've read the previous posts in this thread stating that.

and by pulling one out of his ass, i meant kubo thinking "Hmm. I need to think of a new plot with new characters. You know what? I think I'll use some characters I drew a while back that everyone most likely forgot about. *looks at Tsukishima* Oh, man. PERFECT. I can totally make this guy a bad guy and Hanataro can have some screentime! I haven't drawn him in so long. And I can make it a drama with HUGE panels when Hanataro meets face to face with his long lost brother! Man, I'm good! Why didn't I think of this before?! Hmm. Come to think of it when I look at this colored page I did... just who is that one old lady I drew? Oh, well. I'll come back to her after Aizen breaks free." exaggerated but hey.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 06:59   Link #66
kiak666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo View Post
can some people explain the yu yu hakusho connection in more detail please? id love to know the similarity.

its not that i dont want to read it, its just it would take me a real long time to complete it all and even wiki would just summarize it and breeze over important parts that are most similar.
Well if you want to know why I think of Sensui when I see Ginjo, here's a brief overview between the two characters:

Spoiler for Coincidence???:
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 13:40   Link #67
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiX View Post
After reading the latest Bleach Chapter, one thing comes to mind...Yu Yu Hakusho...that is all!
Haha i was gonna post that but us to it.
Old 2011-08-25, 16:02   Link #68
JustRob

Interesting chapter. So Ginjou was a shinigami.

I don't think we're going to see an all out fight right now though. Ginjou will probably retreat soon.
Old 2011-08-25, 17:42   Link #69
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

I laughed at the "base power" part. What is this now? Pokemon?
Old 2011-08-25, 17:51   Link #70
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
Ginjou will probably retreat soon.
Probably not. He's obviously no match at all, so there would be no point taking him away, and bringing him back at a later date.

Actually it's Kubo, so chances are he will do just that.
Old 2011-08-25, 23:29   Link #71
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

Overall, this chapter was pretty average in my opinion. The amount of panels Kubo wasted at the beginning was over done and unnecessary. (And I was proud of myself--I usually don't notice when Kubo abuses this but today, it was just too blatant. It was the first half of the manga, after all).

I, like some of you have stated, was kind of surprised that Shinji was amongst the "Captains and Vice-Captains" to help with the deus ex machina sword. But also, I was very surprised to see Hanataro amongst that list as well. Has he been up graded since we last saw him? That would be great to find out (and if he is, for example, the new VC of the 4th division then that makes me what to know what happened to Isane--but then again, this is just baseless speculation).

Spoiler for Space:

And this is a fantastic find, but as Sabaku Kyu stated, this is supposed to be Hanataro's brother, who died of unknown causes or something. Or at least that's what a data book said, if I'm not mistaken. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Though, this would be a hilarious plot twist if Tsukishima were actually Hantaro's long lost (thought-to-be-dead) brother.
Old 2011-08-26, 04:19   Link #72
JustRob

I think you guys are reading into this way too much. Ichigo was just memorizing people he met in the past. Hanatarou was a big help to him during the SS arc and Shinji helped him control his Hollow. Also where does it state they gave their power? Why would Hanatarou give his meager reiatsu to that sword?

Yamamato said all captains and vice captains would give their reiatsu. As far as I know, Shinji, Hanatarou, Yoruichi, Kisuke, and "Dad" are not captains or vice captains.
Old 2011-08-26, 07:41   Link #73
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Ichigo is recalling people whose reiatsu he feels within his power. Hitsugaya points that out immediately. This was like a donation, Urahara was collecting reiatsu for Ichigo, and Yama ordered all Captains and VC to contribute. That doesn't mean he forbid contributions from everyone else. Anyone who freely wished to give their reiatsu would probably be allowed to.

Last edited by Sabaku Kyu; 2011-08-26 at 07:52.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 09:50   Link #74
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas

What did Yama-jii mean by "Despite the way he did so, Kurosaki Ichigo saved us once"? Is the Jinzen + FGT method another thing which is illegal according to Soul Society bylaws? Is that why Isshin had to stay in hiding and why no-one had heard of the Kurosaki name?
dragonmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 09:57   Link #75
sayde

He could've also been referring to the initial SS arc invasion from awhile back as Ichigo and his friends definitely had to break some rules and look like the bad guys for awhile before the truth was exposed and they were praised as "saviors" of Soul Society. What's really strange is that Yama-jii only credited Ichigo for saving them once. Going strictly by the canon, Ichigo's proved SS's savior at least twice.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 10:19   Link #76
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
What's really strange is that Yama-jii only credited Ichigo for saving them once. Going strictly by the canon, Ichigo's proved SS's savior at least twice.
Maybe they consider Byakuya and Kenpachi saving Ichigo in Hueco Mundo against Nnoitra and Yammy to be a cancellation of one of those debts, but I agree that it's quite a flimsy reason - maybe he's going senile in his very old age (the pressures of leading for over 1000 years, etc.)
dragonmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 10:34   Link #77
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Iemura calls them Soul Society's saviors though Ichigo didn't really save anyone except Rukia. He didn't expose the truth behind Aizen, Aizen came forward himself. And he didn't prevent Aizen from getting the Hougyoku.

All Ichigo did was prove that he and his friends weren't the enemy, and in fact valuable allies, but until Deicide he was never actually SS's savior.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 10:49   Link #78
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Iemura calls them Soul Society's saviors though Ichigo didn't really save anyone except Rukia. He didn't expose the truth behind Aizen, Aizen came forward himself. And he didn't prevent Aizen from getting the Hougyoku.

All Ichigo did was prove that he and his friends weren't the enemy, and in fact valuable allies, but until Deicide he was never actually SS's savior.
Indeed. But these are issues that should be directed at Kubo. Because whatever the reasons may be, its Kubo that saw fit to have Iemura go on record for speaking on behalf of SS in regarding Ichigo & his friends to be SS's saviors (regardless of whether we as the readers feel it was warranted or not). Personally, that always struck me as strange too, but I feel it's fair to count that instance as one of those times Ichigo saved them since within the context of the plot, that's how the characters supposedly feel about the situation according to Kubo/Iemura. I hope that makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmeister View Post
Maybe they consider Byakuya and Kenpachi saving Ichigo in Hueco Mundo against Nnoitra and Yammy to be a cancellation of one of those debts, but I agree that it's quite a flimsy reason - maybe he's going senile in his very old age (the pressures of leading for over 1000 years, etc.)
lol. Perhaps.

Last edited by sayde; 2011-08-26 at 11:06.
Old 2011-08-26, 12:14   Link #79
JustRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Ichigo is recalling people whose reiatsu he feels within his power. Hitsugaya points that out immediately. This was like a donation, Urahara was collecting reiatsu for Ichigo, and Yama ordered all Captains and VC to contribute. That doesn't mean he forbid contributions from everyone else. Anyone who freely wished to give their reiatsu would probably be allowed to.
Okay, and they went out of their way to find Shinji, who gives his reiatsu, but apparently the other Vizards don't? Doesn't make much sense.
Old 2011-08-26, 12:42   Link #80
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
Okay, and they went out of their way to find Shinji, who gives his reiatsu, but apparently the other Vizards don't? Doesn't make much sense.
Their were VC's and Captains who also shared their reiatsu that Ichigo & Kubo didn't bother to highlight. So why immediately assume none of the other Vizards contributed as well just because they weren't mentioned?