AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-12-01, 08:56   Link #241
ShiroiRyu

I think we can hope for a good game if all of the Olympus Twelve are here ...
We need four more of them ...

You can click on it for a animated version.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 11:52   Link #242
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

So now Yuu has two Engrish-speaking Digimons! XD

And I'm hoping Mervamon will mention about Beelzebumon next episode.
I mean he always watching Taiki before, even sacrificed himself so why he didn't appear to DigiQuartz/Taiki's Xros Loader along with Shoutmon co. He should have good reason..... a control-freak girlfriend perhaps XD
Old 2011-12-03, 18:33   Link #243
Guido

Episode 62: Digimon Hunt Huge Prosperity. The Amazing Hunter from Shopping District!

This is the episode that features the hunter with the Dobermon partner.

To make things about Hideaki, and I gave about this guy; which is his team if he has any?, where does he come from?, and stuff like that.

But to remind myself about the rise of Digidestined featured in Digimon 02, then it's no big deal about what are Hideakis' motivations. They do not seem to affect the plot by introducing some new twist or foreshadowing about future events.

He was just like a guest star wandering town to make cash strictly by decent means to put forth the first step towards his dream, that's all. The encounter with Hideaki did not sport the ethereal aura of written meeting to an ordained destiny. It was a chance encounter that much to both Yuu and Taki's dismay, Tagiru jump excitedly at the idea of teaming-up with Hideaki for conducting Digimon-Hunting business.

As far as the week's Digimon battle, Ganemon's money-veil reminded me a little bit of Gaara's Sand Shield from Naruto, and I admit it was an effective defense up to what its limitations permit it. However, digiXrossing Arresterdramon with Dobermon for enhanced speed stats proved the edge for Tagiru to turn the tables on Ganemon.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 05:02   Link #244
imafool

joined this site just for an discussion of this XD
imafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 21:14   Link #245
Akashin

Spoiler for Ep 64:

Quote:
Originally Posted by imafool View Post
joined this site just for an discussion of this XD
Well, welcome to the board and to the discussions, whatever little there is to be had.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 01:55   Link #246
trinitem
Dedicated Lurker

Spoiler for Ep 64.:
trinitem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 02:29   Link #247
ShiroiRyu

Return of Mervamon = Full of win. o/
In same time, someone know where i can buy Jintrix Cards in Europe ?

Old 2011-12-06, 07:35   Link #248
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinitem View Post
Spoiler for Ep 64.:
So far my main problem with Tagiru is that, other than the script writers just "feeling like it", I don't see a real reason why they couldn't have just kept Taiki as the main character (except perhaps that they thought he might be too strong and would make the conflict in the beginning too simple or something, which doesn't really seem to be the case). Honestly, Tagiru's role as a character is pretty much the same as his role on their basketball team: Taiki is passing the ball off to him and letting him try to take the spotlight. But he's tripping and falling all over the place, and I keep thinking, "Just give the ball back to the guy who'll actually do something with it."

Daisuke managed to grow beyond being "Taichi's replacement" and became a character I actually liked. So far, Tagiru isn't doing much to create the same sentiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
Return of Mervamon = Full of win. o/
In same time, someone know where i can buy Jintrix Cards in Europe ?
Not a clue. Online?
Old 2011-12-06, 19:48   Link #249
ShiroiRyu

Yes Online.
Tried cdjapan, amazon, ebay ...
EDIT : Oh i saw one on ebay (the Jintrix 4) but wow ...110€ ...

Old 2011-12-07, 01:14   Link #250
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep64:
Old 2011-12-07, 09:18   Link #251
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Spoiler for Ep64:
I didn't care that much when Taichi was replaced as main character; it bugged me for a bit because I really liked him, but because there was actually a reason for it I could accept it. Like you said though, Taiki isn't being restricted at all, which makes Tagiru taking his place all the more pointless. I'm just glad something hasn't happened to make Tagiru completely outshine Taiki yet, though, him being the new main character, we know it'll happen sooner or later. Probably around the time they need a Digimon stronger than OmegaShoutmon/Arresterdramon/Tuwarmon and their Xros Ups.

Beelzebumon's lack of appearance saddens me, but I haven't questioned it either. Remember, the only reason Taiki has the Digimon he does is because Wisemon wired them over to him; for all we know, when all was said and done Beelzebumon decided to go back to being Beelzebumon, and even now is dropping his feathers on people and appearing out of nowhere to save the day. Personally I don't see him as the type to stick around too long (and I was surprised back in the first season when he finally formally entered the Xros Loader in Dragon Land; I expected him to take off again). All that said, yeah, having him back (or at least knowing where he is) would be nice.

As for Mervamon's power, well, I'd have cared more if I hadn't given up on caring about how they portray power levels a long time ago. In fact, that ship sailed for me around the time X5 managed to take down damn Lucemon Satan Mode; seriously? Ever since then I've just gone with the flow since, really, maintaining Digimon levels doesn't seem very important to them (remember Shoutmon one-shotting herds of Mammon way back when?). At least being consistent in their power levels would be nice (and Mervamon seemed roughly equal to Beelzebumon, to say nothing of JetMervamon) would be nice, but them not doing that comes as no surprise either.
Old 2011-12-07, 09:23   Link #252
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

And still, I don't get why it's JETMervamon but not JETArresterdramon...

... Besides the fact that they're lazy to come up with names each week (though this one would have been pretty obvious).
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 09:26   Link #253
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
And still, I don't get why it's JETMervamon but not JETArresterdramon...

... Besides the fact that they're lazy to come up with names each week (though this one would have been pretty obvious).
Too lazy to come up with new names, combined with the good sense to not drop the old ones (Xros Up Shoutmon for Shoutmon X4? ). Yeah...
Old 2011-12-07, 16:20   Link #254
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
Too lazy to come up with new names, combined with the good sense to not drop the old ones (Xros Up Shoutmon for Shoutmon X4? ). Yeah...
Yeah that seems to be it. Though it leaves you kind of laughing to watch the different naming schemes clash in the same episode. Does seem like they just decided not to bother trying since Digi Xros wouldn't be a big part of this series anyways.
Old 2011-12-07, 16:24   Link #255
Akashin

Like I said some time ago, Digi Xros in this season feels less like a method of evolution and more like the cards used in Tamers. Referring to Digi Xrosses as Xros Up instead of entirely new Digimon just reinforced that feeling, really.
Old 2011-12-08, 11:40   Link #256
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

The naming thing bugged me since weeks ago, mostly because they still use 'original' name for DigiXrossed Digimons on the Digimon Corner on the end of each episodes, but they also changed Shoutmon & Dorulumon DigiXros to Xros Up Shoutmon rather than the original Shoutmon Dorulu Cannon (IIRC) so I let it go.
Then last week we also get the returning DigiXross combination on Shoutmon X4, and since it was the last season's main Digimon I also let it go. But now, they keep JetMervamon's name but give Xros Up Arresterdramon? That just weird. Well, one can argue it's because X4 is Taiki's main (DigiXrossed) Digimon and JetMervamon is Nene's, but still... Was it hard for them to make the VAs said "SagoArresterdramon", "MetalArresterdramon", etc?

But that last aerial battle and Wing Jet Shredder animation was really awesome

I was disappointed too that we didn't get to know where Beelzebumon is. I thought he will have live happy life with Mervamon like what they've shown on the last season ending. And I read someone said official site mention that actually Mervamon and Sparrowmon stayed on Nene's Xros Loader since they didn't have responsibility to rebuild Digital World like Shoutmon and co? Lame excuse >.> *was hoping for Beelzebumon x Mervamon story here XD*

Btw I never find Nene that cute on the last (two) season(s) though she's cuter here, but her reason to become an idol is just weird. And no offense but she sounds better when she's speaking normally, her singing voice is..... not good

And is it just me or Twill sounds like Claris?
Old 2011-12-08, 11:50   Link #257
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
The naming thing bugged me since weeks ago, mostly because they still use 'original' name for DigiXrossed Digimons on the Digimon Corner on the end of each episodes, but they also changed Shoutmon & Dorulumon DigiXros to Xros Up Shoutmon rather than the original Shoutmon Dorulu Cannon (IIRC) so I let it go.
Then last week we also get the returning DigiXross combination on Shoutmon X4, and since it was the last season's main Digimon I also let it go. But now, they keep JetMervamon's name but give Xros Up Arresterdramon? That just weird. Well, one can argue it's because X4 is Taiki's main (DigiXrossed) Digimon and JetMervamon is Nene's, but still... Was it hard for them to make the VAs said "SagoArresterdramon", "MetalArresterdramon", etc?
Yeah, this week it finally started to bug me. The Xros Up designation didn't really bug me too much before now, but the jarring difference between old Digi Xrossed Digimon keeping their old names (which is a good thing) while new ones just get designated Xros Up [Digimon] is just annoying. And it isn't like they have to try too hard to rename them either; hell, for the Death Generals all they got was Darkness Mode or whatever, so it isn't like they need to be much more creative than that (ie. making Arresterdramon + Dobermon into Arresterdramon Centaur Mode or something). If Shoutmon + Jet Sparrow can pass for a name, I'm sure just about anything can.

Quote:
I was disappointed too that we didn't get to know where Beelzebumon is. I thought he will have live happy life with Mervamon like what they've shown on the last season ending. And I read someone said official site mention that actually Mervamon and Sparrowmon stayed on Nene's Xros Loader since they didn't have responsibility to rebuild Digital World like Shoutmon and co? Lame excuse >.> *was hoping for Beelzebumon x Mervamon story here XD*
Wait wut? I figured she retrieved them from DigiQuartz at some point in time (supported by the fact that she clearly knew how to enter DigiQuartz, since she sent Trailmon to get Xros Heart)... I didn't know we needed an explanation at all for why she had Sparrowmon and Mervamon back, but claiming they had zero responsibility to help Xros Heart with reconstruction is really lame.
Old 2011-12-08, 13:38   Link #258
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Wait wut? I figured she retrieved them from DigiQuartz at some point in time (supported by the fact that she clearly knew how to enter DigiQuartz, since she sent Trailmon to get Xros Heart)... I didn't know we needed an explanation at all for why she had Sparrowmon and Mervamon back, but claiming they had zero responsibility to help Xros Heart with reconstruction is really lame.
Read it on another forum so I don't know if it's the truth. I tried to find the article on both TV Asahi and Toei site but no luck so far >.>
It's either Mervamon and Sparrowmon really didn't come back to Digital World, as supported when they talked via Xros Loader, Sparrowmon said it's been a long time since they met but then again there's time difference on Human World and Digital World (I still don't know about time difference on Digi Quartz though, I assume it's the same as Human World?); or just like you said, Nene retrieved them back from Digi Quartz at some point.

Though I still don't get it (or maybe I just missed the explanation on previous episodes). The Digimons that came to Digi Quartz, were they came on their own will but became berserk later or they were randomly sent there from Digital World by unknown force? I think it's the latter since Shoutmon co need Wisemon to connect them to Taiki's Xros Loader to go to Digi Quartz.

Btw I wonder if we'll get similar scene like this on future episode since everybody can chou-shinka ^^
Spoiler for Xros Wars Manga:
Old 2011-12-08, 13:49   Link #259
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
Read it on another forum so I don't know if it's the truth. I tried to find the article on both TV Asahi and Toei site but no luck so far >.>
It's either Mervamon and Sparrowmon really didn't come back to Digital World, as supported when they talked via Xros Loader, Sparrowmon said it's been a long time since they met but then again there's time difference on Human World and Digital World (I still don't know about time difference on Digi Quartz though, I assume it's the same as Human World?); or just like you said, Nene retrieved them back from Digi Quartz at some point.

Though I still don't get it (or maybe I just missed the explanation on previous episodes). The Digimons that came to Digi Quartz, were they came on their own will but became berserk later or they were randomly sent there from Digital World by unknown force? I think it's the latter since Shoutmon co need Wisemon to connect them to Taiki's Xros Loader to go to Digi Quartz.
I don't think it's been explained how Digimon enter DigiQuartz from the Digital World. Since they can't jump from DigiQuartz into the real world (at least not on their own) though it's probable they can't jump between DigiQuartz and the Digital World either. That said, all of this is assumption; there's no telling whether they can or not, really.

As for the time difference, back in season one a single day was equivalent to some time in the Digital World (enough time for Bagramon to reshape it, for Kiriha to go through his appearance change and for Blue Flare to become known across Dragon Land as the driving force against the Bagra Army, anyway), so an entire year was probably a not inconsiderable amount of time in the Digital World. Enough time for Sparrowmon's comment to hold some weight anyway.

Quote:
Btw I wonder if we'll get similar scene like this on future episode since everybody can chou-shinka ^^
Spoiler for Xros Wars Manga:
Isn't that pretty much what the op shows, with Tagiru, Taiki and Yuu standing across from the other three with their respective evolved partners? But yes, it's safe to say we'll probably see a scene like that at some point (though probably not with those Digimon, on the off chance that's what you meant).
Old 2011-12-08, 14:37   Link #260
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
I don't think it's been explained how Digimon enter DigiQuartz from the Digital World. Since they can't jump from DigiQuartz into the real world (at least not on their own) though it's probable they can't jump between DigiQuartz and the Digital World either. That said, all of this is assumption; there's no telling whether they can or not, really.
Yeah, I think a Digimon couldn't jump from Digi Quartz to real world but they still could summon human to Digi Quartz as shown by Harpymon (and Pagumon too, IIRC). Then again, I remember Sagomon could jump to human world to kidnap kids whom don't want to go to school day after.
I usually delete the file after I've watched it so I couldn't replay it to make sure, so please bear with me and my questions/curiosity here

Quote:
Isn't that pretty much what the op shows, with Tagiru, Taiki and Yuu standing across from the other three with their respective evolved partners? But yes, it's safe to say we'll probably see a scene like that at some point (though probably not with those Digimon, on the off chance that's what you meant).
I meant the chance to see Dorulumon, Ballistamon, Sparrowmon, and other supporting veteran Digimons evolve too ^^