AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-02-29, 01:55   Link #361
Guido
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Monterrey, México
Age: 34
Episode 74: The Rare Card is Gone! Invincible RookChessmon

This episode is a waste in terms of plot, because it featured things that hold promise but are left untapped from its true potential.

The dark theme of Digimon getting stronger by feeding from malicious feelings isn't something new that rings bell in this season due that it has been visited three times before: Adventure 02, Tamers, and Data Squad.

The waste is that RookChessmon should have been made of better use in a serious story-arc to exploit its potential.
1. But, on the upside, our heroes won the battle with strategy and tactics instead of raw power, therefore, there was no need for the main cast digimon to win by using their Super-Evolved forms.
2. Yuu got to capture this week's RookChessmon instead of Tagiru for a change.
3. The antagonistic Digimon of the week gets to evolve by itself in what transpires this season.

I also learned that Yuu is an extremely, crazy maniac when it comes to the Sea Monsters card game.

And, the Digimon GameKaizer only appears in this episode. (Hiroya and the other children possessed by RookChessmon)
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 03:18   Link #362
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: bakanki.blogspot.com
Spoiler for Finale magazine scan:
__________________
bakAnki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 03:44   Link #363
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Spoiler for Final episode:

Yeah, I don't know what the hell is this mess after all this time... This ABOSOLUTELY the WORST digimon series ever! What's wrong with the director?
__________________
Hiroshi Amearai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 03:49   Link #364
Guido
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Monterrey, México
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
Spoiler for Finale magazine scan:
That Quartzmon looks like a crossover design between the Mother D-Reaper (from Tamers) with a GAINAX rip-off monster (Evangelion? I presume because of the eye insignia on the center of the creature's sphere)
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 06:10   Link #365
wisteria233
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Amearai View Post
Spoiler for Final episode:

Yeah, I don't know what the hell is this mess after all this time... This ABOSOLUTELY the WORST digimon series ever! What's wrong with the director?
Actually for the Digimon anime series in general the writer has more power than the director, so really the head writer is at fault here.
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 11:33   Link #366
Akashin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Somewhere
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
That Quartzmon looks like a crossover design between the Mother D-Reaper (from Tamers) with a GAINAX rip-off monster (Evangelion? I presume because of the eye insignia on the center of the creature's sphere)
This was my thought too. At first I thought that was awesome (because apparently I'm in the minority of people that really liked the D-Reaper), but eh...

Hopefully Taiki doesn't get shafted in the final episodes, but if that spoiler above is true... Well, more of the same for him I guess.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 17:45   Link #367
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
Really what? The series is ending this soon? Obviously it's been cut short for some reason, so the ending being rushed is only to be expected.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 20:42   Link #368
wisteria233
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Really what? The series is ending this soon? Obviously it's been cut short for some reason, so the ending being rushed is only to be expected.
Well Xros Wars Long title has had consistently bad ratings in Japan, which so far it hasn't even scratched hit 2% (though it came close) making it the digimon title with the worst ratings of all seasons.

Not only that Xros Wars itself had pretty bad ratings itself, with it never went above 4%, and then dropped off, especially towards the end, and if you don't believe me ...Xros Wars TV Ratings behold the reason why Xros Wars long title is being canceled.
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 20:50   Link #369
Akashin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Somewhere
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Well Xros Wars Long title has had consistently bad ratings in Japan, which so far it hasn't even scratched hit 2% (though it came close) making it the digimon title with the worst ratings of all seasons.

Not only that Xros Wars itself had pretty bad ratings itself, with it never went above 4%, and then dropped off, especially towards the end, and if you don't believe me ...Xros Wars TV Ratings behold the reason why Xros Wars long title is being canceled.
Wasn't it confirmed that this is just a mid-season break of sorts and that Xros Wars is coming back later, or was that an assumption somebody made? I can't remember. Either way, I don't think it's been outright confirmed that Hunters is being cancelled.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 00:33   Link #370
wisteria233
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
Wasn't it confirmed that this is just a mid-season break of sorts and that Xros Wars is coming back later, or was that an assumption somebody made? I can't remember. Either way, I don't think it's been outright confirmed that Hunters is being cancelled.
Its been confirmed from the artist's blog, the rumor that it was going to be a mid-season break was just that a hopeful rumor.

Its been confirmed many times, that the series will end at episode 25/79.

If the series was going to have a continuation then it would have been announced already like all of the other spring shows were in the latest magazines but instead all of the magazines have been saying the same thing, that Xros Wars will end.
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 03:14   Link #371
trinitem
Dedicated Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: You Guess
Age: 21
That might be for the better if true. Boy hunters was pushing it a bit from the start.

Xros Wars 75:
*Insert standard episode rant*
trinitem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 08:29   Link #372
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
Xros wars really had such bad ratings? But it was SO. AWESOME.

Ah well what can you do?

Xros Hunters ending before it even gets a chance to take off is also a shame. But again, what can you do?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 09:43   Link #373
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Paris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Xros Hunters ending before it even gets a chance to take off is also a shame. But again, what can you do?
They had like 20 episodes. They HAD a chance to go somewhere. They failed.
It's not a shame, they had it coming.

Tagiru is a bad character, they nerfed Taiki/Shoutmon, they don't have a plot besides hunting ugly/nasty digimon... It didn't really had a chance to begin with.
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 11:29   Link #374
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
That's your opinion, I won't argue against that. But that's what it is, an opinion.

I won't deny the low ratings, but I actually liked it so far. So I do think it's a shame, thank you very much.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 11:49   Link #375
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Paris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
That's your opinion, I won't argue against that. But that's what it is, an opinion.

I won't deny the low ratings, but I actually liked it so far. So I do think it's a shame, thank you very much.
Fair enough. You're right, I was a little too harsh. My apologies. I also respect your point of view.
But actually, only the second part of my post is an opinion (besides the last point when I stated they have failed).

You can't deny that this show, unlike the previous season of Xros, does lack a strong plotline. They hunt digimon... Then what ?
They gave us new characters/antagonists that don't have any real purpose...

So I will correct my statement : it's not a shame, but it's a waste, cause episode 1 was exciting. The rest is meh, to me.
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 12:29   Link #376
wisteria233
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
They had like 20 episodes. They HAD a chance to go somewhere. They failed.
It's not a shame, they had it coming.

Tagiru is a bad character, they nerfed Taiki/Shoutmon, they don't have a plot besides hunting ugly/nasty digimon... It didn't really had a chance to begin with.
To add on to that they have been in the dog house since the first Xros Wars, and with its sequel they either had to go big or go home, but they didn't go big, so now they have to go home.

So for all intents and purposes the head writer should have known that Xros Wars 2 Long title would not do well with that story format, heck Toei should have known that wouldn't have worked as well.

They basically tried to pull a 02 and failed epically (then again 02 has lower ratings than Adventure and Tamers in Japan so you can say that this was to be expected).
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 14:39   Link #377
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
I'm going to have to agree on the wasted potential here. Still I kinda enjoyed watching the hunts. Yes, I wish there would've been, you know, more stuff happening, but at least I enjoyed it while it lasted.

The fact that the series got cut short is quite understandable, don't get me wrong. I'm just gonna miss it is all, because I just know there's no way they're going to be able to write a satisfying ending to it.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 20:45   Link #378
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: bakanki.blogspot.com
Surprise for new episode!
Spoiler for Another familiar faces:
__________________
bakAnki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 22:31   Link #379
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*´∀`)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
^
Spoiler:
__________________
その光りは、単なる一筋の光りではない。人類の希望を繋いだ。


Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 23:27   Link #380
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: America.
Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
^
Spoiler:
Spoiler for :
__________________

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.