AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

View Poll Results: Hanasaku Iroha - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 14 24.56%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 42.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 21.05%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 10.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.75%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-08-29, 21:58   Link #61
hanashi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New York, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Yes, but I can understand Minchi wanting to force the issue; wanting to force Ohana to recognize that Tohru has a crush on her and for her to deal with it. Ohana's obliviousness was making a bad situation much worse for Minchi, so I can't fault Minchi at all for wanting to force the issue with Ohana.

Could she have forced it in a better and more effective way? Most definitely. But this much alone I'll let slide for Minchi.

However, it's simply insane to ask a girl to confess to a guy when she's explicitly telling you that she has a crush on a different guy.
I dunno, I can't let that slide. I can understand Minchi wanting to force the situation, but that's utterly selfish. I thought Tohru was remarkably gracious about the whole thing. I've had one-sided crushes that I was perfectly content to sit on because they were otherwise inappropriate/awkward (professor, co-worker, married, friend's brother ). I don't think I would have forgiven someone who blurted out a detail that private. Screw their intentions. Her motivation was her own pain, not Tohru's feelings.

It's Tohru's crush--expecting Ohana to take action because of it is completely unreasonable. Yes, Ohana is dense, yes, it can be irritating. But if the other person has a crush and isn't taking any steps to act on it, why is that her problem? Now, if this had been 20 episodes ago and Minchi was shouting about Ko, that'd be the sort of situation I could get behind. He confessed. The whole situation was definitely not optimal, but if you've been leaving someone hanging for weeks/months without at least coming to an understanding, that's not fair.
__________________
hanashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 23:37   Link #62
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
I'd personally argue that demanding Ohana to go out with Tohru at all was unreasonable....
I think that was the point. Love had driven her crazy. She was out of control. I loved it. And I loved the fact that Tooru and Ohana helped her come down, each in their separate ways.
__________________
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 00:41   Link #63
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I think that was the point. Love had driven her crazy. She was out of control. I loved it. And I loved the fact that Tooru and Ohana helped her come down, each in their separate ways.
Too bad it didn't drove her to Yandere mad, or better yet, some more actual dialogue, than DIE!
__________________
vansonbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 02:47   Link #64
creaothceann
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
I dunno, I thought the fight scene was pretty well animated.
I thought their motions looked too stiff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanashi View Post
I've had one-sided crushes that I was perfectly content to sit on because they were otherwise inappropriate/awkward ([...] friend's brother )
Awkward maybe, but not inappropriate.
creaothceann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 13:02   Link #65
KyriaL
You are Reading this!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: In the study room
The latter part of the episode, was well done, in my view. The speech was motivational, yet somehow emotional to a point.

The first half however, was so-so. Seeing Minko being pushy and in a way, 'bitchy' can get annoying after some time, so I'm glad it is resolved and hopefully her pushiness will tone down, alot. Its good that Tohru was sensible to not make the situation any more complicated.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 16:56   Link #66
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
You know it bothers me that Minko doesn't really face any reprocussions for the way she acted or what she's done thus far.

Hell, has she ever? Is there some retardo tsundere clause she falls under that exempts her from actually being punished or otherwise?
__________________
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 21:06   Link #67
8thSin
Junior Member
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
^ Tsundere always get special treatments because we like them

I didn't like how Minko was telling Ohana to go out with Tooru though. I mean yeah, you would want the best for the person you love, but the way she was trying to convince Ohana of all people just didn't feel natural.

Fortunately, it seems that's all over, and we can see some better character developments in the latter episodes.
8thSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 21:25   Link #68
jedinat
フリーター
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 28
I'm annoyed that "Ko-chan" keeps being pulled back into the story, an utterly boring little twerp from back home... he really weakens Ohana's character. What's with this continual albeit occasional tepid "pining" on her part? Stopping every once in a while and thinking "Ah Ko-chan..." She has balls bigger than anyone else in the show; the parts where Ko-chan has been her "strength" are pretty much fabrications of her own (she does things that would embarrass any sane person out of their mind--yet she really needed those few generic words of encouragement from him? bleh). I am going to be really annoyed if she ends up with him in the end... or he comes back in a significant way at all, for that matter.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 22:21   Link #69
hoarfrost
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 22
Eh, It's kind of unfair to call a character boring who has had like a few minutes screen time in 2-3 odd episodes, almost always relating to someone else.

Criticise the writers if you will for not giving him enough characterisation to make the relationship worthwhile but it is unfair to assume with what little we have seen of him that he has no redeeming features.

I save my disdain for someone like Minko who has been given quite a bit of my attention yet has done very little to convince me that much has happened with her character during that time. Garbage in, garbage out they say.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 01:35   Link #70
jedinat
フリーター
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 28
Differentiating between the character itself and how the character was written is kind of redundant/silly/pointless.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 14:08   Link #71
grandchaosSR
Servant of the Void
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Rift
Oh my god, Minko nonchalantly strips at the start of the episode!!! IMO writers should do more of Minko type of tsundere. I mean the "tsun" when she's being teased and "dere" when she is in front of her crush type because I'm getting tired of the usual super bitchy tsuderes than became rampant in this industry after NGE became a big hit. BTW its a good thing Tohru at least acknowledges Minko's feelings. Hopefully it will lead into a real romantic relationship. Minko X Tohru FTW!!!

Anyway so Kissui Inn will be closed after the festival and everyone will part ways and it seems like Ohana will return to Tokyo again. That ending is somewhat anti-climatic IMO. I just hope my prediction is false.
grandchaosSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 14:21   Link #72
hoarfrost
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Differentiating between the character itself and how the character was written is kind of redundant/silly/pointless.
Not how the character is written, rather how the story is written which either gives us a chance to see that character or not.

It's like complaining about how a side character or one-shot has little personality and development and claiming that because of this they cannot have meaningful relationships with main characters.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 14:53   Link #73
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoarfrost View Post
Not how the character is written, rather how the story is written which either gives us a chance to see that character or not.

It's like complaining about how a side character or one-shot has little personality and development and claiming that because of this they cannot have meaningful relationships with main characters.
Right ^ Ko has a given stationary role thats been set-up and Ohana has been avoiding it till now.
__________________
vansonbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 15:21   Link #74
shibakun
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Hmmm, I find it rather interesting how every Shijima-no-onna (except Ohana) live longer than their partner in life (husband) lol. First Ohana's grandpa, now her dad is also deceased. What is with their bloodline and dying husbands lol.

Is this a sign that in the event that Ko and Ohana will hook up, Ko will be the first to hit the dust!? hahaha
shibakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 15:58   Link #75
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Not only that, but they all die rather young. Is it the stress that gets to them?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 18:16   Link #76
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 23
Ohana is going to marry Kissuiso. Guys are worthless. Ko is just a little punk from the city. Tohru is not a man.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 00:35   Link #77
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Not only that, but they all die rather young. Is it the stress that gets to them?
It's the curse of Okada - she loves to kill off guys and put them in dresses. Tohru will get his chance to be a trap before we're done.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 17:00   Link #78
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hong Kong Shatterdome
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibakun View Post
Hmmm, I find it rather interesting how every Shijima-no-onna (except Ohana) live longer than their partner in life (husband) lol. First Ohana's grandpa, now her dad is also deceased. What is with their bloodline and dying husbands lol.
The females of this line extract the vital essence of their mates and put it into their female offspring. This kills the husband and produces powerful girls.

The transfer doesn't work to well for the male offspring though.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 23:16   Link #79
Archon_Wing
Throw it on the ground
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Mists
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Honestly, the Y chromosome leading to failure, jackassery, and bad luck makes me think they are related to the Bundys from Married with Children.

Oh wait... even the Bundys usually have more dignity than this.

To quote Dodgeball "It's like watching a bunch of retards trying to hump a doorknob out there!"
__________________
You just try again... through the darkness.You just go away... the future is waiting for us!
Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 13:07   Link #80
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: At your house fixing A/C
As long as I see Ren x Tomoe, I will be happy
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.