AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-08-31, 16:19   Link #41
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^It's not unlimited Amaterasu. Sasuke is still bound by the amount of chakra he has in his body.
And Kishi's love, thus unlimited.
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 16:26   Link #42
thermopyle
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Kishi really must have Alzheimers. After last week's promising chapter this crap turned up and just erased it. Goddamn Naruto, finish saving the entire army single-handedly and die already you annoying f*ck.

As for Sasuke. Yay /droll
Now we've got both insufferable main characters active!
thermopyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 16:58   Link #43
Ansible
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
I think next will be "Michelin-Rasengan" where Naruto combines a bunch of rasengan balls together to form a mighty michelin man!
Ansible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 17:04   Link #44
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
I think next will be "Michelin-Rasengan" where Naruto combines a bunch of rasengan balls together to form a mighty michelin man!
If Sasuke gets Susano'o, its only fair that Naruto gets Michelin Man...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 17:16   Link #45
Artful Dodger
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
So despite Itachi's message, Naruto is still running around being everyone's hero, as apparently noone has the ability to get things done themselves and need instead Naruto's help, reminiscent of the Pain arc. His incredibly cliche entrance, interrupting what I thought would be an interesting technique from Temari, was also pretty irritating to read, as well as suddenly winning in Gaara's fight which is also reminiscent of his fight with Kakazu, just jumping in and winning with a single move, albeit the first one missed...

I understand the need for the protaganist to look impressive, however I don't understand why it has to be at his ally's expense. In other words, I really don't see why his allies cannot be more self sufficient, and win their own battles. It is annoying watching him constantly having to be the one to win the battle, while his allies are supposed to be powerful elites as well.

What I did enjoy in this chapter though, was seeing his new rasengan variation which brought to mind Sasuke's creative use of chidori variants. Aside from the name, I thought the "Planet Rasengan" was very nice, and its wind element effect was very impressive. All in all, not a particularly enojoyable chapter, as it essentially teased us with Naruto's use of his new powers in real upcoming fights, and of course the menacing appearance of Sasuke creating the cliffhanger at the end instead of moving the plot as usual lately, so, Chapter 533: C+
Artful Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 17:27   Link #46
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 23
I'm really tired of this crap: Naruto >>>>> ARMY

Why do we even need all of them if one Naruto is better than thousands of nijas? They all can just take a break and enjoy a show or suffer on how useless they are -_-
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 17:48   Link #47
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful Dodger View Post
So despite Itachi's message, Naruto is still running around being everyone's hero, as apparently noone has the ability to get things done themselves and need instead Naruto's help, reminiscent of the Pain arc.
Technically, since Kirabi isn't around, this could simply be a Naruto-clone...

That being said, while Naruto shouldn't be going after the zombies, he is still the only one that can get the Zetsu Clum Babies. So, the clones are still relevant and important to the war effort, Naruto could simply be wasting them on unnecessary battles...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 18:13   Link #48
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I like the new Rasengan. I think it looks cool...and I guess I'm the only one .

Seeing Sasuke again is nice. Hopefully the plot will pick up some now. My speculation is that Itachi will handle the rest of the Zombies, leaving Kabuto for Sasuke (who will learn the truth of Madara/Tobi as Kabuto lay dying), which will set-up the stage for Naruto v. Sasuke and then the final conclusion of Naruto/All Shinobis v. Madara.
I'm predicting that Itachi will fight Kabuto and find a way to deactivate the Edo Tensei.

Didn't Kabuto say something about using the Sharingan to make him do the seal to deactivate it?

That's what I expect to happen but hopefully there is an epic battle before then.
__________________
MysticNinjaJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 19:21   Link #49
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
What are all these complaints about Naruto going alone? He did good teamwork with Gaara and the old kage. It was 3 against 1 that could beat that zombie kage.

As for the scene with Temari, we could clearly see that Temari and those mediocre ninja were completely failing, and in the end they even understood that the only reason they are alive is because Kabuto just wanted to use the raikage zombie to block them. However not using the strongest attack (assuming it also drains a lot of chakra) should imply that the zombies have finite amount of chakra, so when it's finished they should just die. They might feed on Kabuto/Orochi's chakra, or have an initial amount or both, but not spamming their strongest attack means that they have a limit and Kabuto must make his plans according to that. That was also shown when Nagato stole KillerBee's chakra, he became a lot stronger, with all that chakra he could spam his strongest moves in just a moment.

So i would not complain that Naruto didn't go for teamwork with Temari and random average ninja. To have a teamwork one needs a team, Naruto can have good teamwork with kage level ninja, weak people are just trouble, they need to be saved instead of being a valuable team member. Probably Temari is the only one from that group of random fodder ninja that can keep up with Naruto's level, and even she is barely enough to be a backup, while the two kages Naruto was fighting with were a real good team. Naruto even asked Gaara to help him with his sand right in the beginning, he was aware that this must be a teamwork from the start.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 20:26   Link #50
Hanzoman
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: in this dimension
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
What are all these complaints about Naruto going alone? He did good teamwork with Gaara and the old kage. It was 3 against 1 that could beat that zombie kage

You are completely missing the point. The (valid) complaints from people are that it has become annoying to watch Naruto swoop in and save everyone. Similar to the Pein and Kakazu arcs, we have other ninja unable to defeat a foe in some very obvious setup for Naruto to come in and get the job done.The Pain arc was probably the worst, where an entire village was essentially made to seem helpless. Gaara and the Tschukage are two elite Kages, I expected them to be able to finish the job, however it ended up very similar to the Kakazu situation where Naruto simply jumps in and finishes the job with relative ease.

I'm sure you have no problem with this, but you should recognize and realize that other people may not find it very appealing for Naruto to be an all-powerful demi-god that solves everyone's problems, defeats all his foes with ease rolling over everyone. ...Just as I recognize some people's desire for Naruto to be even more powerful than he is, with a huge array of jutsu on top of sensory abilities, healing, super strength, practically unlimited chakra, looking into peoples memories, magical chakra hands that can appear all over his body, and being the fastest ninja alive.

Now that I think about it I guess he does need Itachi to train him so he can get even more abilities and power ups, since that apparently incomplete list of abilities lacks genjitsu resistance, the one thing he lacks... Yes, because he basically exceeded almost everyone in nearly every category possible, he "needs" it. While we're at it we should strap him up in garlic, in case of vampires, and give him a few silver bullet rounds just to be extra safe, and why not toss in a few magical enchanting spells for extra protection, the ability to fly and some bleach-style aerial attacks that will necessitate and entire page or two to fully display the damage output to the audience, very exciting stuff. This way he's a walking juggernaut, and we'll have an incredibly interesting fight --we can just watch him throw out an answer for every possible thing, and not even have to think about it.

Last edited by Hanzoman; 2011-08-31 at 20:39.
Hanzoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 20:30   Link #51
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Wait & See..

Is all I have to say.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 20:37   Link #52
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
What are all these complaints about Naruto going alone? He did good teamwork with Gaara and the old kage. It was 3 against 1 that could beat that zombie kage.

As for the scene with Temari, we could clearly see that Temari and those mediocre ninja were completely failing, and in the end they even understood that the only reason they are alive is because Kabuto just wanted to use the raikage zombie to block them. However not using the strongest attack (assuming it also drains a lot of chakra) should imply that the zombies have finite amount of chakra, so when it's finished they should just die. They might feed on Kabuto/Orochi's chakra, or have an initial amount or both, but not spamming their strongest attack means that they have a limit and Kabuto must make his plans according to that. That was also shown when Nagato stole KillerBee's chakra, he became a lot stronger, with all that chakra he could spam his strongest moves in just a moment.

So i would not complain that Naruto didn't go for teamwork with Temari and random average ninja. To have a teamwork one needs a team, Naruto can have good teamwork with kage level ninja, weak people are just trouble, they need to be saved instead of being a valuable team member. Probably Temari is the only one from that group of random fodder ninja that can keep up with Naruto's level, and even she is barely enough to be a backup, while the two kages Naruto was fighting with were a real good team. Naruto even asked Gaara to help him with his sand right in the beginning, he was aware that this must be a teamwork from the start.
I assume that when Itachi told Naruto not to try and do everything alone, some people interpreted that as Itachi telling Naruto not to do anything at all.

Who cares that he's a Kage level ninja who can literally turn the tide of a battle and save lives?

He should just sit down and do nothing at all because damn it, those other ninja should get the chance to die without his interference in their lives.

What family? What friends? What mission? How dare Naruto try to help others?
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 20:51   Link #53
Hanzoman
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: in this dimension
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
I assume that when Itachi told Naruto not to try and do everything alone, some people interpreted that as Itachi telling Naruto not to do anything at all.

Who cares that he's a Kage level ninja who can literally turn the tide of a battle and save lives?

He should just sit down and do nothing at all because damn it, those other ninja should get the chance to die without his interference in their lives.

What family? What friends? What mission? How dare Naruto try to help others?
Now you're just taking the other extreme, and creating a strawman to attack. Nowhere did anyone say what you're claiming here. Nowhere in the thread did anyone say that Naruto should do nothing. Its about everyone else looking weak, unable to get things done, and suddenly he comes and does the job with relative ease. The Pein arc is another example. Sure, the protagonist gets the big win, but does everyone else have to be practically helpless?
Hanzoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 21:51   Link #54
ZGoten
Custom User Title
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Yes, that chapter wasn't really fun to read. I don't get why Kishimoto is spending so much time on boring villains, that aren't even viallains to begin with and supposed to die soon anyway. With this fact in mind we don't even care about the flashbacks. Just end the manga already instead of throwing in unnecessary and uninteresting characters like there's no tomorrow. Let's have the big clash and the one after that, finally. Oh wait, there's still Pain 2.0 out there waiting to be finished by yet another visually appealing variation of one and the same move. That is unless Kishimoto should decide to let the side characters shine at long last.
__________________
Truth is elusive to those who refuse to see with both eyes.

Last edited by ZGoten; 2011-08-31 at 22:08.
ZGoten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 22:38   Link #55
farhan
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
after reading some time again...i wonder how naruto ability right now will face sasuke except dodging and wait sasuke run out of chakra...
__________________
farhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 23:40   Link #56
hamstar
just passing by
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Exia
it'll take about 3 chapters to move the plot along.

1 chapter where we see naruto fuutonrasengan previous raikage.
1 chapter where we see gaara and tsuchikage struggle against Frenchie
1 chapter where we see naruto save gaara and tsuchikage. *Enter Kabuto's mystery summon*

I just want to see Naruto humiliate Sasuke once more so I can stop reading this manga
__________________
hamstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 23:44   Link #57
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by farhan View Post
after reading some time again...i wonder how naruto ability right now will face sasuke except dodging and wait sasuke run out of chakra...
You are forgetting that with love-no-jutsu, Naruto will win over Sasuke-no-emo. It's elementary my dear Watson!
__________________
octaviahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 00:58   Link #58
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post
1 chapter where we see gaara and tsuchikage struggle against Frenchie
I am just that awesome, what can I say.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 01:19   Link #59
ronin myael
lost ronin
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: in the recesses of my convoluted mind...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzoman View Post
You are completely missing the point. The (valid) complaints from people are that it has become annoying to watch Naruto swoop in and save everyone. Similar to the Pein and Kakazu arcs, we have other ninja unable to defeat a foe in some very obvious setup for Naruto to come in and get the job done.The Pain arc was probably the worst, where an entire village was essentially made to seem helpless. Gaara and the Tschukage are two elite Kages, I expected them to be able to finish the job, however it ended up very similar to the Kakazu situation where Naruto simply jumps in and finishes the job with relative ease.

I'm sure you have no problem with this, but you should recognize and realize that other people may not find it very appealing for Naruto to be an all-powerful demi-god that solves everyone's problems, defeats all his foes with ease rolling over everyone.
thank you! you saved me the time and effort, you took the words out of my mouth!


i think what naruto did in this chapter defeats the purpose of the previous chapter. frankly, i'm disappointed that kishi chose this route but i'm also not surprised. kishi is in love with the messiah idea so i bet he will have naruto play this role to the very end.

so sasuke's back eh? and it looks like he's even more powerful than naruto. well, i guess we should expect a fight between demi-gods really soon.
__________________
"Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly."~ Neil Gaiman (The Sandman)
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 03:54   Link #60
Shiryuu
Magical Boy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hiding... don't try to find me.
Age: 10
Eww... Sasuke is back.

[obvious]He says he can see in the darkness, but he's still blind to the truth in the end.[/obvious]

And why are people complaining super Naruto? It's not like Goku, Ichigo or Luffy is any less broken. Really, how is he going defeat a sealing sword and an impenetrable shield if he's not overpowered?
__________________

DOCKING MODE~
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.