AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2011-09-01, 08:10   Link #61
rei_ayanami17
Agent 0017

(-3-) Buu. Lame chapter.

I really have nothing to say about this chapter since most of the characters do nothing but stand and glare to one another. Even the explanation about Ginjou being the first? substitute shinigami is been cut by Byakuya. I really don't want to speculate about that issue since I can't think where to connect Ginjou to ss and those questions that pop up into my mind when there's another substitute shinigami revealed in the first time of this arc still remained a question and unanswered up until now.

Though, I'm pretty surprised that it seems Kubo finally learned the solution to his problem how to touched a reader in his supposed to be drama scene. Last time, I was really moved with Ichigo's hopeless face and this time with Orihime. I don't care but I really like Orihime's emotional moment in this chapter. For me, she never failed to deliver that scene. I really felt the sadness and doubt she's struggling. Poor Orihime, If she's not that weak, she'll never had to suffer like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaboratamer View Post
I call hitsugaya vs yukio, with a lot of fangirls screaming
Hahaha..... That's right. and count me there

Ichimaru Gin
rei_ayanami17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 09:35   Link #62
toriko

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
this made me laugh! to be fair, kubo is a good manga artist. i still like his art designs (for the most part). but as a writer, he's far from brilliant. i guess if you have no one to compare him to you'd say he's brilliant but if you've read shonen manga-ka the likes of arakawa and oda, i doubt you'd say that.
Hey you are forgetting yoshihiro togashi..that reminds me hunter x hunter is back,hell yeah and its already kicking bleach ass in ratings.
toriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 10:19   Link #63
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by toriko View Post
Hey you are forgetting yoshihiro togashi..that reminds me hunter x hunter is back,hell yeah and its already kicking bleach ass in ratings.
hmmm... i'm not really a fan of his. i read yu yu hakusho when i was younger and for a while i read hunter x hunter too. but when he became ill and went on hiatus i lost interest. though i have to give him props for creating two hit manga series. very few manga-ka did that.
Old 2011-09-02, 13:58   Link #64
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

if ginjou was the first, then how old is he?! he looks youngish (this is manga, its hard to tell how old anyone is)

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Chiisai Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 15:30   Link #65
JustRob

Impossible to say considering we don't know how and why he was chosen to be a Substitute Shinigami. I'm guessing he and Soul Society go way back though.
Old 2011-09-02, 19:01   Link #66
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

Orihime's caveman English was kinda lawl

Old 2011-09-02, 19:15   Link #67
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

I think the translation you happened to read was lawl. The Japanese reads just fine.
Old 2011-09-02, 23:19   Link #68
Nemu

I really liked this chapter. Orihime was my favorite part of it. As an Orihime fan, I felt very sorry for her. I don't understand how anyone can blame her for what happened, especially when you put yourself in her place.
Nemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-03, 00:23   Link #69
Slayerx

Y'know, with chad and Orhime KO'd and ishida cut by Tsuikishima it only now just hit me that it seems like we are leading into YET ANOTHER arc where the human characters got shafted by the plot. In HM, those 3 got the short end of the stick; Chad despite making a big deal about being too weak to back up Ichigo trains hard only to find that he was STILL too weak to support ichigo; Orihime depsite all her training never got to be much more than a damsel in distress (like 3 times); and Ishida despite all of his training, wasted a ton of time with an espada and his really only seemingly note worthy thing was giving Ichigo some moral support.

This arc seemed like such a good chance for them... ichigo was powerless to defend himself; no matter how weak those humans might be they were still more able to protect and fight off enemies than ichigo. But do they get to do that? no... instead they get to be pawns in Ginjo's little game and we have to call in REAL fighters to fight the big fight. Honestly; instead of calling in all these big guns, maybe we could have kept this fight a bit closer to home... Ichigo, Rukia, Ishida, Chad, Orihime vs the Fullbringers. (though granted Ichigo's team would need two more players and I somehow hesitate to include urahara and isshin in their roster)

true we don't know where things might still go, but I doubt those humans will be taking part in the fights seeing as the number of shimigami that showed up is the exact number needed for a 7 vs 7 fight. hell if anything ishida might pop back up to fight against Ichigo (he was slashed by tsukishima afterall)
Old 2011-09-03, 01:56   Link #70
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

I'm guessing there might be a way for Urahara to undo Tsuku's bullshit.
Old 2011-09-03, 07:17   Link #71
JustRob

Well I think the problem is Orihime, Ishida and Sado just aren't interesting to watch. Orihime got her fairies, Ishida got his bow, and Sado got his arm. Pretty fancy, but Orihime flips out everytime she has to fight, and Ishida and Sado are just boring compared to all the Shinigami. Watching Byakuya, Kenpachi, Toushirou, or Ikkaku fight is just more interesting then someone like Sado.

It's a shame though, because they're supposed to be Ichigo's closest friends. But that's just the way it is.
Old 2011-09-03, 13:46   Link #72
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I think the translation you happened to read was lawl. The Japanese reads just fine.
He might be talking about the title of the chapter, which related to Orihime. Why you no verb, Kubo?
Old 2011-09-03, 14:36   Link #73
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

All he forgot was "so."

Hell, doesn't KT do this every other chapter?
Old 2011-09-04, 04:17   Link #74
toriko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Y'know, with chad and Orhime KO'd and ishida cut by Tsuikishima it only now just hit me that it seems like we are leading into YET ANOTHER arc where the human characters got shafted by the plot. In HM, those 3 got the short end of the stick; Chad despite making a big deal about being too weak to back up Ichigo trains hard only to find that he was STILL too weak to support ichigo; Orihime depsite all her training never got to be much more than a damsel in distress (like 3 times); and Ishida despite all of his training, wasted a ton of time with an espada and his really only seemingly note worthy thing was giving Ichigo some moral support.

This arc seemed like such a good chance for them... ichigo was powerless to defend himself; no matter how weak those humans might be they were still more able to protect and fight off enemies than ichigo. But do they get to do that? no... instead they get to be pawns in Ginjo's little game and we have to call in REAL fighters to fight the big fight. Honestly; instead of calling in all these big guns, maybe we could have kept this fight a bit closer to home... Ichigo, Rukia, Ishida, Chad, Orihime vs the Fullbringers. (though granted Ichigo's team would need two more players and I somehow hesitate to include urahara and isshin in their roster)

true we don't know where things might still go, but I doubt those humans will be taking part in the fights seeing as the number of shimigami that showed up is the exact number needed for a 7 vs 7 fight. hell if anything ishida might pop back up to fight against Ichigo (he was slashed by tsukishima afterall)
I agree,ss arc was good coz the focus was on the main characters.after ss arc rest of the series is pure BS.
toriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 04:32   Link #75
JustRob

To be fair the focus was more on Ichigo then anyone else. Orihime didn't accomplish anything, neither did Sado. Ishida is the only one who managed to be slightly useful by disabling one of the captains.
Old 2011-09-04, 05:00   Link #76
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
Well I think the problem is Orihime, Ishida and Sado just aren't interesting to watch. Orihime got her fairies, Ishida got his bow, and Sado got his arm. Pretty fancy, but Orihime flips out everytime she has to fight, and Ishida and Sado are just boring compared to all the Shinigami. Watching Byakuya, Kenpachi, Toushirou, or Ikkaku fight is just more interesting then someone like Sado.

It's a shame though, because they're supposed to be Ichigo's closest friends. But that's just the way it is.
*cues "what if Bleach wasn't a shounen series"*
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 10:32   Link #77
regeniathoele22

Can't wait for tomorrow for the new release. What will we call Ginjo's comrades? Shinigami vs ?.
regeniathoele22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 11:38   Link #78
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

hay volume 36 is getting published today in english (TBTP arc).

Old 2011-09-06, 23:55   Link #79
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiisai Kuma View Post
Orihime's caveman English was kinda lawl
Kubo was interviewed once and said that he uses words that mean the same thing as his original intent in order to make them sounds skewed and interesting. He's done it a lot before, and probably won't stop since he's acknowledged it to be something of his...one big one that comes to mind was during the Nel vs Noitora fight 'Call me a beast, kill you like tempest'...but yeah, that's the explanation
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 04:11   Link #80
sayde

Chapter 463 Discussion has been opened. Once spoilers have been released, please move all relevant discussions to the new thread.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote