AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-04-01, 03:41   Link #1
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Akazukin Chacha

I was more than a little bit surprised to see that Live-eviL is subbing the Chacha OVAs. While I really enjoyed almost all of Akazukin Chacha, I thought that the last season was a bit too boring. At least the OVAs had more of a plot than the last season of Chacha, but they weren't much of an improvement. Still, this is an opportunity to remind people of this wonderful old series even though it ended on a low note.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 04:07   Link #2
wao
OK.
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The Fields of High Attus
Age: 25
Heh, yeah. I'm going to be watching this when I have the time. It's very nostalgic for me when I watched the TV series when I was 10... dubbed on Cartoon Network... I watched it sometimes but I got sick of it eventually: not because of hte plot or anything (I thought it was funny), but because of the voices. o_O


What I was *VERY* attracted to was the very nice colours and the ending/opening credits. I clearly remember I would just stare at it continously eating leftover marshmallows and cookies from a party earlier that day. I was completely absorbed and mesmerized by the music... by the animation for them and the voices and the concept that was so different from what I was used to... and I would just sit there long after it was over, just thinking and thinking about it. Odd kid I was. But I'll never forget it.
__________________
Thanks for the fish
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 11:26   Link #3
Banisher
Wannabe Magical Girl
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Yes, it is nice to see a new version of Akazukin Cha Cha OVA. But for people who never saw a single episode of this wonderful show, be aware that the OVA have jokes you cannot really get until you watched the tv series. Is the tv serie licenced in USA, or can we hope to see Live-Evil picking it up? Anyway, I'll enjoy for sure watching the OVA again.

EDIT: Huh, if it aired on Cartoon Network, I guess I have my answer
Banisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 12:29   Link #4
kuru
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banisher
Is the tv serie licenced in USA, or can we hope to see Live-Evil picking it up?

EDIT: Huh, if it aired on Cartoon Network, I guess I have my answer
No, you don't. There're versions of Cartoon Network in many countries and they show different programs. Akazukin Chacha isn't licensed in the USA.
kuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 14:21   Link #5
wao
OK.
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The Fields of High Attus
Age: 25
Which is odd, because I very clearly remember when I watched Akazukin Chacha on the (Singaporean) Cartoon Network, it had american dub actors. Oh well. Doesn't matter that much.

There aren't many downloaders out there that are the type to download Akazukin Chacha... same for stuff like Sou Nanda.
__________________
Thanks for the fish
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 16:19   Link #6
Tofusensei
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
For those who care, reptile (member of L-E distro) is seeding all 74 episodes of Akazukin Chacha TV (VHS caps) on bit torrent.

The link is here: http://209.182.1.184/~reptile/Akazuk...HSRip].torrent

What did you think of our subbing job of OAV episode 1?

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 17:13   Link #7
warnold
nerfelwap
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Richmond, VA, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofusensei
For those who care, reptile (member of L-E distro) is seeding all 74 episodes of Akazukin Chacha TV (VHS caps) on bit torrent.

The link is here: http://209.182.1.184/~reptile/Akazuk...HSRip].torrent
Is that the Groupe Virelai sub? The sizes appear to match, so I've listed it that way.

--
-billy-
warnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 18:07   Link #8
NeverRamza
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Michigan
Age: 30
That is a mighty huge torrent. Damn. So what is this show about exactly and what kind of audience is it for?
NeverRamza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 18:22   Link #9
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
It is basically a magical girl show. It is about a young girl who lives in a fantasy world (with lots of magic and strangeness) questing to defeat the evil magic lord who killed her parents. It has all the hallmarks of a magical girl show including transforming into a grown-up woman, big finishing attacks, repetitive episodes and merchandise. It is also very humorous and lighthearted with very enjoyable characters.

If you want some simple fun with lots of weird humor and no great pathos then this is a great show. If you are looking for something complicated or tormented then please look elsewhere.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 18:27   Link #10
7thMethuselah
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Antwerp area, Belgium, Europa
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
It is basically a magical girl show. It is about a young girl who lives in a fantasy world (with lots of magic and strangeness) questing to defeat the evil magic lord who killed her parents. It has all the hallmarks of a magical girl show including transforming into a grown-up woman, big finishing attacks, repetitive episodes and merchandise. It is also very humorous and lighthearted with very enjoyable characters.

If you want some simple fun with lots of weird humor and no great pathos then this is a great show. If you are looking for something complicated or tormented then please look elsewhere.
I must say it sounds intriguing but I ain't gonna risk a 9 Gb (!!!) batch file just to find out if I like it or not...
You wouldn't know a place where I can get like 5 epi's or so? Oh no need to mention using Azureus because for some reason i can't get it to work (yes I have java installed)...
__________________

7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 18:43   Link #11
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Fish-shape Paumanok
Age: 26
Try DC++, I was able to get a few episodes off the particularly good hubs (i.e. hubs with people who actually care about what they download).

It is from the early 1990s, but it has pretty great art for its time and it's pretty funny too.

edit: Jesus, that BitTorrent is huge.
__________________
Learn to define and spell mo
Shii (formerly known as ashibaka)
Shii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 18:51   Link #12
TheMongoMania
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
Try DC++, I was able to get a few episodes off the particularly good hubs (i.e. hubs with people who actually care about what they download).

It is from the early 1990s, but it has pretty great art for its time and it's pretty funny too.

edit: Jesus, that BitTorrent is huge.

The TV show is from 1994-1995
__________________
We're all just dust in the wind dude.
TheMongoMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 19:02   Link #13
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
I must say it sounds intriguing but I ain't gonna risk a 9 Gb (!!!) batch file just to find out if I like it or not...
You wouldn't know a place where I can get like 5 epi's or so? Oh no need to mention using Azureus because for some reason i can't get it to work (yes I have java installed)...
Considering that it is 74 episodes, I think that it suprisingly petite. I will say that Group Virelai did a great job with the subtitles so you aren't getting a substandard product here.

For more information about Chacha you could check Hitoshi Doi's Chacha Encyclopedia, the ultimate Chacha reference.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 20:34   Link #14
Paper
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Japan
woah, 74 episodes in one torrent? I love ChaCha, and would love to seed the series and spread cuteness throughout the anime world, but there is no way I'd ever be able to keep that torrent on my computer.

If there's someone reading this thread that knows how to contact reptile/ L-E distro, could you ask them to split it into managable sizes (CD size seems to be the most popular)
Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 23:35   Link #15
Secca
nya`
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Woah Akazukin Chacha that bring back memories.

We used to have the 2nd generation tapes in my school anime club and we watch it during the weekend.

The show is great, it never gets old. ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-02, 00:20   Link #16
Rebochan
Clubbing
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 30
Chalk up another one who'd like to see this one in smaller batches. I can't fit it onto my computer at all, though I'd love to see Chacha. It's another one of those oldies I remember hearing about Back In The Day [tm].
__________________
(Too lame for a sig.)
Rebochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-02, 00:55   Link #17
Jump
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebochan
Chalk up another one who'd like to see this one in smaller batches. I can't fit it onto my computer at all, though I'd love to see Chacha. It's another one of those oldies I remember hearing about Back In The Day [tm].
With Azuraeus you make it download in batches by setting it only to download the first 5 episodes, etc.
Jump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-02, 11:14   Link #18
Hayamaneko
cat boy?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: at your house, raiding your fridge
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Hayamaneko
...would anyone know if the group thats doing the TV series has an IRC channel? that way i can find a bot (if im luckey) and d/l one episode at a time. i would use Azurues, but i have less then 9 gigs on my PC right now
__________________
Hayamaneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-02, 12:39   Link #19
Tofusensei
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayamaneko
...would anyone know if the group thats doing the TV series has an IRC channel? that way i can find a bot (if im luckey) and d/l one episode at a time. i would use Azurues, but i have less then 9 gigs on my PC right now
There is no "group". Those rips are 4 years old or so...

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-02, 13:10   Link #20
lomeando
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Only about 3, I think. Spring of 2001. I had them up on my fserve for about 2 years after that before I finally had to burn them off. The original fansubbing was done by Groupe Virelai, a tapesubbing group. Groupe Virelai adapted scripts from Arctic Animation, and Nyanko House and Studio Banzai, both of whom adapted their scripts originally from Arctic Animation. They did a lot of retranslation, and the editing is quite good.

Several different DivX rips of both the TV series and the OVA were made, of varying quality. The sizes on the torrent reptile made look like they match mine, which means they have complete OP/EDs on each episode, and the video quality doesn't totally suck (yes, they're VHS rips half the size of a normal fansub these days, but they were still the best of the bunch).
lomeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.