AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-01, 11:53   Link #41
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyArea
Way to go contradicting yourself
Umm, it's hard to be a fansubber and not know about the speedsubbing of naruto that goes on :P

You don't have to pay attention to have something rubbed in your face on a weekly basis.

Nice try to be witty, though~

-Tofu
Old 2004-04-01, 11:54   Link #42
JOJOS'STAR
Ero~Kairin! ^-^ Yeay!
*Graphic Designer

Oh my God Netspider that was such a spoiler!

the red hair on the top is as funny as the translation^.
Old 2004-04-01, 12:48   Link #43
gizmo
Monenenenee!

the fishcake and niggas cracked me up, really but i didn't understood a f*cking thing in the soul-pulling contest scene... or is that just my bad??
Old 2004-04-01, 13:08   Link #44
NeverRamza

Haha, pretty funny from the first 5 minutes I watched. I'll probably watch the rest after I watch the ANBU-AonE version (don't want to spoil the experience too much...). Now let's get some more Galaxy Express 999 up in this piece.

EDIT:

Last edited by NeverRamza; 2004-04-01 at 13:40.
Old 2004-04-01, 13:14   Link #45
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
go Live Evil!

oh boy...

this is gonna be interesting!

ack! ero-mod be crucified! impossible!
Old 2004-04-01, 13:49   Link #46
Ryota
Nee kikoemasuka?

Just saw this ep from live-evil, laughed A LOT

My mini city
Old 2004-04-01, 14:00   Link #47
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

I don't understand why this release isn't considered a fakesub though. It's presented as a parody on fansubs, when in reallity it changed the wording completely. I've never seen Bakasan mess up so much on the translation that it comes out as "I'm Rick James Bitch". Now I'm not saying this isn't funny, in fact I'm quite the fan of da "I'm Rick James Bitch". Maybe Live-evil needs to give their definition of what a fakesub is ...

On a lighter note ... I can't wait to see this It sounds funny.
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. I have saved this image into my "WTF directory" just in case I ever wonder if it was only been a bad dream, and have removed it from the forum. Hopefully Lexander will never do this again!
Old 2004-04-01, 14:07   Link #48
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

It's really funny... The expressions fit so well too
Gaara: I'm Rick James, bitch!
Naruto:

Didn't get the Sato-thingy though..

I don't think they're mocking BakaSan, he's a regular subber...
Old 2004-04-01, 14:23   Link #49
Tollémon

Well then, this was one of the lamest things i have ever seen...

I actually considered Live-Evil to be a decent and serious sub group - guess i was wrong.

This, was damn fucking annoying!

You don't like Naruto, fine, but don't fuck it up for the people who do!
I don't sabotage your shitty creamy mami show, even thoug it wasn't ment for anyone over the age of 5 - or fags...
Im sure i hate it at least as much as you hate naruto ^^.

oh, and besides, that tofu-fuck said something about naruo being very far from the other shows that LE subs. How about condor hero? (excellent show btw.)
pretty much the same story - parents dead, alot of fighting... yes, slight diffrences, but it still has a lot in common.

So Live-Evil, next time you consider trying to be funny.. don't (or warn people first so they won't have to spend 3 hours downloading your useless unoriginal bullshit).

And for the speedsubbing part, most people i know watch the bad translations, AND the good ones - such as TW, but it kinda sucks waiting 3 months per episode (awerage TW time atm.)
*hint*get your fingers out with Condor Hero Live-Evil*hint*

thank you
Old 2004-04-01, 14:26   Link #50
JOJOS'STAR
Ero~Kairin! ^-^ Yeay!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
I've never seen Bakasan mess up so much on the translation that it comes out as "I'm Rick James Bitch".
hmm I realy didn't saw it that way..

If the joke was aiming Bakasan by laughing at his sub, I don't think I would take it so lightly.. Anyway I know what you mean.

..the laugh may not come as easy as I thought..

Edit:Tollémon is quite pissed-off
Old 2004-04-01, 14:29   Link #51
Tofusensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tollémon
Well then, this was one of the lamest things i have ever seen...

I actually considered Live-Evil to be a decent and serious sub group - guess i was wrong.

This, was damn fucking annoying!

You don't like Naruto, fine, but don't fuck it up for the people who do!
I don't sabotage your shitty creamy mami show, even thoug it wasn't ment for anyone over the age of 5 - or fags...
Im sure i hate it at least as much as you hate naruto ^^.

oh, and besides, that tofu-fuck said something about naruo being very far from the other shows that LE subs. How about condor hero? (excellent show btw.)
pretty much the same story - parents dead, alot of fighting... yes, slight diffrences, but it still has a lot in common.

So Live-Evil, next time you consider trying to be funny.. don't (or warn people first so they won't have to spend 3 hours downloading your useless unoriginal bullshit).

And for the speedsubbing part, most people i know watch the bad translations, AND the good ones - such as TW, but it kinda sucks waiting 3 months per episode (awerage TW time atm.)
*hint*get your fingers out with Condor Hero Live-Evil*hint*

thank you
You, sir, are an asshole

-Tofu
Old 2004-04-01, 14:32   Link #52
Tofusensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh1
It's really funny... The expressions fit so well too
Gaara: I'm Rick James, bitch!
Naruto:

Didn't get the Sato-thingy though..
I didn't either...

Is Sato the name of a character? I really had no clue.

-Tofu
Old 2004-04-01, 14:37   Link #53
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Tofusensei I'm waiting on you ... please explain how your release is not a fakesub.
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. I have saved this image into my "WTF directory" just in case I ever wonder if it was only been a bad dream, and have removed it from the forum. Hopefully Lexander will never do this again!
Old 2004-04-01, 14:38   Link #54
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Omg I just download this... i cannot stop laughing...
Old 2004-04-01, 14:40   Link #55
Dual247

this sub was hilarious at times, but at points, it was confusing as hell but i feel that this sub either upsets people, or the opposite, depending on how they view profanity as funny. for me, it was a nice way to get a lighter mood. however, scenes that i would normally feel deeply for falls flat with this sub. i can't tell if times are depressing or not. so with that said, can't wait for the real subs.
Old 2004-04-01, 14:43   Link #56
Tofusensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
Tofusensei I'm waiting on you ... please explain how your release is not a fakesub.
Like animesuki said when they listed it, it's a "partial fakesub, with mostly real translations."

-Tofu
Old 2004-04-01, 14:46   Link #57
Tollémon

lol. im in asshole?
thats one damn good flame!
I rest my case, can't stand up to that kin of incredible intelligence, omg!

yessir, I am
Old 2004-04-01, 14:52   Link #58
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofusensei
Like animesuki said when they listed it, it's a "partial fakesub, with mostly real translations."

-Tofu
Yes I know where they listed it, and I'm thinking just maybe ... It is because it was a release from a group that usually does pretty respectable work. But that doesn't mean that your release doesn't deserve the full fakesub title. I was looking for something like you pointing out some distinctions between your release and your average fakesub.
Old 2004-04-01, 14:55   Link #59
Tofusensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tollémon
lol. im in asshole?
thats one damn good flame!
I rest my case, can't stand up to that kin of incredible intelligence, omg!

yessir, I am
In all honesy, It's not my fault the entire concept of this april fools joke went over your head.

Also my comment about Naruto being far from the shows L-E routinely subs was referring to the fact that we do not usually jump on popular shows for the sake of popularity... Hence the playful irony of the release... As a parody, fakesub, piece of comedy, what-have-you, it was quite bad, I will be the first to admit that. ^^

-Tofu
Old 2004-04-01, 15:02   Link #60
Tollémon

The only reason i downloaded this (well aware that it was april 1.) was that i thought that you guys were serious about your work...
Closed Thread