AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-01, 15:03   Link #61
Atom_Bunny
Usagi no Atom

I gotta say - I thought it was darned funny...

the first line over the standard warning "Please dear god someone tell me how this piece of crap made it to episode 77" had me giggling for a few minutes..

and since no one else has pointed it out yet... what was that music that you inserted on the Gaara and his Sister thing??? heh.

Nice job Tofu-Sensei. :P Dont mind the whingers... FFS its April first - download at your own risk!

Atom XX
Old 2004-04-01, 15:07   Link #62
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tollémon
The only reason i downloaded this (well aware that it was april 1.) was that i thought that you guys were serious about your work...
If we were serious about this work in particular we wouldn't pick up a show at episode 77. :\

-Tofu
Old 2004-04-01, 15:16   Link #63
Tofusensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom_Bunny
I gotta say - I thought it was darned funny...

the first line over the standard warning "Please dear god someone tell me how this piece of crap made it to episode 77" had me giggling for a few minutes..

and since no one else has pointed it out yet... what was that music that you inserted on the Gaara and his Sister thing??? heh.

Nice job Tofu-Sensei. :P Dont mind the whingers... FFS its April first - download at your own risk!

Atom XX
Oh, that was "means i love you" by The Stylistics... It fit the scene pretty well, didn't it? hehe

-Tofu
Old 2004-04-01, 15:18   Link #64
lynne_huang

I just watched Live-evil's Naruto 77 and I thought it was as funny as hell. Not just the concept of them actually subbing Naruto:

Spoiler:

Anyway, it really cracked me up! Perfect release for April Fools, so 'peeps', just chill. Where's your sense of humour?
Old 2004-04-01, 15:20   Link #65
Secca
nya`
*Artist

The first time I saw this torrent. I was like "there is no way L-E gona pick up Naruto" So I was curious and download it.

And then as I start watching it, as soon the Naruto tittle shows up, my face goes something like this

... ... fish cake?

hahah thanks L-E, that's just make my day. ^^
Old 2004-04-01, 15:33   Link #66
arbalest

Sakura-chan!!! = Little Miss Cherry Blossom !!!????

as the words used in the sub, WTF !!!!!!!!

man, i can't decide whether to laugh or tear my hair out for this sub.....
If this was meant as an April Fool's joke, nice job.

BTW, how to use the spoilers tag? Can't seem to find it in the FAQ
Old 2004-04-01, 15:34   Link #67
rekka_tenma

please dont do it again

i am almost offended by what you put up, i love this show and you seem to just be trying to ruin it for people, i dont know what the hell you were thinking when you put this up, but please dont do it again, i would have just d/led the raw version had i not seen one up with subtitles already, so you ended up wasting alot of my time, and hopefully a couple of other people are with me on this
Old 2004-04-01, 15:43   Link #68
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekka_tenma
i am almost offended by what you put up, i love this show and you seem to just be trying to ruin it for people, i dont know what the hell you were thinking when you put this up, but please dont do it again, i would have just d/led the raw version had i not seen one up with subtitles already, so you ended up wasting alot of my time, and hopefully a couple of other people are with me on this
I'm kinda with you on this. It should have been presented as a fakesub all along. They are saying how they are making fun of people who sub popular shows to get attention, and well what do you know they ... did the same thing. Good job you just jumped on the bandwagon yourself Live-evil. It should have been made clear that this is a fakesub, for the people like rekka_tenma who are not interested.
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. I have saved this image into my "WTF directory" just in case I ever wonder if it was only been a bad dream, and have removed it from the forum. Hopefully Lexander will never do this again!
Old 2004-04-01, 15:44   Link #69
Tofusensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
I'm kinda with you on this. It should have been presented as a fakesub all along. They are saying how they are making fun of people who sub popular shows to get attention, and well what do you know they ... did the same thing. Good job you just jumped on the bandwagon yourself Live-evil. It should have been made clear that this is a fakesub, for the people like rekka_tenma who are not interested.
But, Lexander, you and rekka_tenma are the exact kind of people this was directed at. The types of people who don't care about quality or group loyalty... Don't you see? O_O;

-Tofu
Old 2004-04-01, 15:48   Link #70
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofusensei
But, Lexander, you and rekka_tenma are the exact kind of people this was directed at. The types of people who don't care about quality or group loyalty... Don't you see? O_O;

-Tofu
Haha, Great Job, Tofusensei. Great Job.
Old 2004-04-01, 15:50   Link #71
rekka_tenma

no man, i love this show, and i dont need someone to come in and riddle the subtitles with "nigga" and some other BS. so next time you wanna put up a joke like that, please label it, cause im usually gonna d/l the first one i see and get a good one later, but i dont want that again
Old 2004-04-01, 15:52   Link #72
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofusensei

-Tofu
What ... are ... you ... talking about ... I have all the TW eps and still collect only that. I wait for the ANBU release every week to watch it. I love seeing Naruto parodies (reader of the "What a character would never say" thread).

"Look at us, we never touch that crap popular series, but go out of our way to make a parody of one. We never follow naruto fansubs and what goes on in the naruto fansub world, but somehow we know that these speed subbers suck."

It's your elitest attitude about the whole thing that gets to me.
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. I have saved this image into my "WTF directory" just in case I ever wonder if it was only been a bad dream, and have removed it from the forum. Hopefully Lexander will never do this again!
Old 2004-04-01, 16:02   Link #73
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

I'm sorry but let me see if I comprehend this. Live-Evil (the group that does
those wonderful older shows that are superior to the likes of Naruto in every
way nameable[MY OPINION!]) releases a Naruto episode on April Fools Day.
You people take the release seriously then get upset because you were too
short sighted to realize that it was/is an obvious joke or fake?

It should be common knowledge that a group like Live-Evil would never have
anything to do with a series such as Naruto unless it was a parody episode.
Even if it's listed as a "partial fakesub, with mostly real translations" you should
know it wont be entirely serious.

Honestly, to those who wish to whine and complain, you need to pull your heads
out of your asses and think a little before you download, post or speak. Tofu's
attempt to demonstrating the total lack of group loyalty amoung some leechers
worked, wonderfully at that. The tracker for the episode shows 1300+ seeds, 2300+
clients and 8100+ completed downloads. I'm sure 99% of those are leechers who
jump at the first release of the next episode without any thought to the contrary.

Anyway, I'm ranting.
Later.
Old 2004-04-01, 16:06   Link #74
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
I'm sorry but let me see if I comprehend this. Live-Evil (the group that does
those wonderful older shows that are superior to the likes of Naruto in every
way nameable[MY OPINION!]) releases a Naruto episode on April Fools Day.
You people take the release seriously then get upset because you were too
short sighted to realize that it was/is an obvious joke?

It should be common knowledge that a group like Live-Evil would never have
anything to do with a series such as Naruto unless it was a parody episode.
Even if it's listed as a "partial fakesub, with mostly real translations" you should
know it wont be entirely serious.

Honestly, to those who wish to whine and complain, you need to pull your heads
out of your asses and think a little before you download, post or speak. Tofu's
attempt to demonstrating the total lack of group loyalty amoung some leechers
worked, wonderfully at that. The tracker for the episode shows 1300+ seeds, 2300+
clients and 8100+ completed downloads. I'm sure 99% of those are leechers who
jump at the first release of the next episode without any thought to the contrary.

Anyway, I'm ranting.
Later.

It's no use. No matter how much common sense you speak, the ignorant won't hear you.

And sadly Naruto fandom contains many many ignorants.
Old 2004-04-01, 16:07   Link #75
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke Uchiha
It's no use. No matter how much common sense you speak, the ignorant won't hear you.

And sadly Naruto fandom contains many many ignorants.
I can't argue with that.

Oh, Tofu, Good work. ^^
Old 2004-04-01, 16:09   Link #76
Tofusensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
What ... are ... you ... talking about ... I have all the TW eps and still collect only that. I wait for the ANBU release every week to watch it. I love seeing Naruto parodies (reader of the "What a character would never say" thread).

"Look at us, we never touch that crap popular series, but go out of our way to make a parody of one. We never follow naruto fansubs and what goes on in the naruto fansub world, but somehow we know that these speed subbers suck."

It's your elitest attitude about the whole thing that gets to me.
I see.

I never considered myself to be an elitist, but if you say so ^^;;

I've been saying ALL along, it was a conceptual joke about L-E jumping in at a random of the most popular show and releasing it, which is something that plenty of other groups have done but not something that L-E would usually do, hence the irony, hence the april fools joke... It was just poking fun at the whole speedsubbing/naruto/popular shows phenomenon, it was not bashing any groups in particular or what-have-you.

Relax, please.

And my comment before is basically saying that if "leechers" learned to not give these newbie speedsubbing groups the light of day then they would not exist. And as far as fansubbing goes, to most of the more established, respectable groups, these speedsubbing groups serve as nothing but an annoyance. They have lowered the quality of fansubs on the whole by forcing everyone to work faster in order to be "competitive."

Call me an elitist but I do consider a group that starts shows from episode 1 and sticks them out to be more respectable than groups that pick up whatever the newest episode of the most popular show in order to garner popularity. Don't get me started on groups that sub licensed shows too...

-Tofu
Old 2004-04-01, 16:29   Link #77
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Exclamation

Although laced with personal opinion I think Mr_Paper's post sums up the situation here and how people should have approached this release with all the warnings that have been given in the last few days and just after it was posted.

You aren't going to change people's view point on this, so once you've made yours clear it's time to let it rest. There are many different views on the whole hoax/joke/parody subject, most (if not all) of which have been expressed here, so I don't see anything constructive for this thread anymore. If anything I've watched it degrade into the beginnings of a flame war.

I'm sure some of you will continue to feel bitter, just as people have in the past with joke releases and no doubt will in the future when they are duped. It happens -- time to move on and learn from the experience. Complaining won't get your time or bandwidth back.

So lets drop it, please?

Thanks.

Last edited by NightWish; 2004-04-01 at 16:42.
Closed Thread