AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Playback Help

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-01, 06:07   Link #1
Sela

Help!!

I've downloaded all the Psychic Academy episodes, and all of them work except for episode 2. That particular episode just refuses to work, seeing as I can watch all the other episodes I don't think that the problem lies with my player or codecs. In my efforts to get it to work I have actually downloaded that episode 3 times!!!

The problem is that it still wont work. According to bittorrent everything was downloaded successfully. This is really starting to bug me, how do I make it work???

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 2004-04-01, 06:14   Link #2
NightWish
Crushcrushcrush
*AnimeSuki Site Staff

I assume you've been through the Media Configuration Guide thread? Look here for GSpot instructions. GSpot should help you work out how to play the file successfully. If you still have problems post the GSpot reported information here and someone will try to advise.
Old 2004-04-02, 04:11   Link #3
Sakuba
Student of the Fung Huo

get avic four cc changer

this changes the code on the divx file it allows you to change xvid into divx files, this means that there will be no lags
Old 2004-04-02, 04:16   Link #4
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

You didn't say if you had followed the directions in the Media Configuration Guide. Please try this:

Uninstall all your codecs. Trust me. All of them:
Uninstall DivX.
Uninstall XviD.
Uninstall ffdshow.
Especially uninstall any Codec packs, They are Evil!

Download and install ffdshow. You'll find it listed as [Level 1] on the Media Configuration Guide.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-04-02, 12:33   Link #5
Sela

thanks for the help, I installed ffdshow. I still cannot see the episode on my DivX-player, but now I am able to watch it on my Windows Media Player.

although it's irritating to have to use another player, all that matters is that I can see it. So thanks again!!!
Old 2004-04-03, 02:50   Link #6
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Unfortunately there are episodes (and whole shows) that cannot be seen on the DivX player by anyone. That is because the DivX player sucks. Sorry. There is just no way to make it play some episodes. I would recommend that you upgrade to a better player. The three best (imho) are:Most of the rest (including Windows Media Player) have some serious faults that include the possibility that you won't be able to play some videos on them.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Closed Thread