AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-03-04, 20:13   Link #1
Vezon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Living
ELYSION virtual region


Spoiler for Synopsis:

Published by the MF Bunko
Written by Kazuma Jouchi

This has been getting translated by krytyk since January.
Has anyone else been following this novel? Thoughts?
__________________
"And you still haven't answered any of my one-hundred ten questions, or my follow ups." -Vezon, Destiny War

Last edited by Vezon; 2014-03-04 at 21:09. Reason: Found a smaller image
Vezon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 20:30   Link #2
BW95
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
I have. Good illustrations. Nice characters and comedy. Siblings that destroyed whatever tried to stop them from being together? Tatsuya and Miyuki could learn a thing or two.

But something seems a little cheap about the story. This whole virtual world thing where you hunt viruses is reminiscent of Megaman and impractical.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 20:53   Link #3
Vezon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Living
meh. The plot is fine I suppose.
It just that pace of the story is moving really quickly like the first volume Kenshin no Keishousha fast. Heh.Well I'm mostly reading for the comedy and the harem antics.
__________________
"And you still haven't answered any of my one-hundred ten questions, or my follow ups." -Vezon, Destiny War

Last edited by Vezon; 2014-03-04 at 21:16.
Vezon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 22:25   Link #4
cloud04
Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vezon View Post
meh. The plot is fine I suppose.
It just that pace of the story is moving really quickly like the first volume Kenshin no Keishousha fast. Heh.Well I'm mostly reading for the comedy and the harem antics.
lets count how many times his eyes get poked?
wasnt paying attention reading earlier when the SC pres was sleeping..i thought she was sleeping in his lap XD
__________________
cloud04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 23:01   Link #5
omegasereon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Looks like it got picked up but too bad only one volume so far. Is this going to be a harem cause I can see it going that way.
omegasereon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 23:14   Link #6
omega253
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Just read up to the latest part that was translated...

The freakin' feels...
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 00:00   Link #7
rickiminato
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Mexico
the novel are good and the plot remember me no game no life
__________________
rickiminato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 03:08   Link #8
ReinZwei
南宮 那月
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: こころ
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickiminato View Post
the novel are good and the plot remember me no game no life
Hmmm just seen it a while ago... and this is also my first impression when I've seen the title...

As expected from Krytyk, already finished the volume in a flash

Thanks and hopefully this will become more interesting in the 2nd book which will be available at 25th...

Another additional MFBJ's series for me to read and anticipate.
__________________
Vocaloid Thread
______________________
Signature/Art Made By:
Suzuki-Goro

Character:
Original Art
______________________
Manga/LN Sites:
Baka-Tsuki
Mangaupdates
______________________
ReinZwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 03:20   Link #9
omegasereon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Wow final chapters completed already? I know what I am going to read during class on Monday.
omegasereon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 00:36   Link #10
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
I am reading it now, but I would like someone to confirm if this part is actually translated correctly or not, cause it didn't seem right.

Quote:
"...by the way, how much was the reward?"

"Five thousand yen for each of us."

"Eh, seriously? We're getting that much for just that?"
If we use the USD exchange rate, 5000 yen = $48.4050 USD.
To me, that is not alot after considering they fought a boss monster that has it bounty increased.
__________________
Sorry, Image unavailable. Only awesome people can see it.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”

Last edited by mike211; 2014-03-09 at 00:47.
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 00:47   Link #11
SimplyBill
King
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
I am reading it now, but I would like someone to confirm if this part is actually translated correctly or not, cause it didn't seem right.



If we use the USD exchange rate, 5000 yen = $48.4050 USD.
To me, that is not alot after considering they fought a boss monster that has it bounty raise.
Translation is most likely correct. The wrong one is your conversion. I think it's just about 50$
SimplyBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 00:55   Link #12
cloud04
Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyBill View Post
Translation is most likely correct. The wrong one is your conversion. I think it's just about 50$
i think it doesnt matter.. he would just be pointing out its just around $50 to kill "THAT"? coz in terms of how they say the price is more than generous but in irl its just well $50
__________________
cloud04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 03:21   Link #13
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
And in RL $50 isn't much considering the cost for the living expense for 2 and also if they fail to beat the boss monster, they would have to pay the cost to reconstruct the electronic body.

So too me getting a proper job might be better then the reward from fighting a boss monster. Then again the cost of living expense in japan might be different to where I live and 5000 yen might be consider alot in japan.
__________________
Sorry, Image unavailable. Only awesome people can see it.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 04:28   Link #14
Red Cheese
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
And in RL $50 isn't much considering the cost for the living expense for 2 and also if they fail to beat the boss monster, they would have to pay the cost to reconstruct the electronic body.

So too me getting a proper job might be better then the reward from fighting a boss monster. Then again the cost of living expense in japan might be different to where I live and 5000 yen might be consider alot in japan.
I think it's also necessary to point out that the story was taken place in an alternative universe, so the currency value is unclear, and even something like US even existed is unknown either lulz.

Therefore I personally think this whole currency exchange argument is kinda invalid.
Red Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 06:23   Link #15
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
True, I did enjoy reading it and I would stop complaining about the reward.
__________________
Sorry, Image unavailable. Only awesome people can see it.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 10:42   Link #16
ZeKeR
somewhere in the armory
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Armacham Replica Training center
but still... him carrying a nodachi like its a katana...

that aside, I wanted to see if ojou wanted to gun for him as well... we'll see soon enough.
__________________
lets roll
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-12, 22:16   Link #17
krytyk
幻想生物
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Oh, there was actually a topic for this one too,

Well, remember that it's 100$, not 50$. They got 5000 yen each, and there's two of them living together, you can't count their living costs together and income separately . And getting 100$ for one boss - considering they still had time to continue and do at least one more (but decided to withdraw to hold a celebratory party). It's not that bad. Just as Taiga summed up (if one hunts efficiently its possible to make a living).

Also, in last chapter Taiga got 50000 yen, which is 500$ as well, though that was a special case.

As for nodachi... well... it could be worse

Spoiler:

Last edited by krytyk; 2014-03-12 at 22:27.
krytyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-13, 00:59   Link #18
ZeKeR
somewhere in the armory
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Armacham Replica Training center
Quote:
Originally Posted by krytyk View Post
Oh, there was actually a topic for this one too,

Well, remember that it's 100$, not 50$. They got 5000 yen each, and there's two of them living together, you can't count their living costs together and income separately . And getting 100$ for one boss - considering they still had time to continue and do at least one more (but decided to withdraw to hold a celebratory party). It's not that bad. Just as Taiga summed up (if one hunts efficiently its possible to make a living).

Also, in last chapter Taiga got 50000 yen, which is 500$ as well, though that was a special case.

As for nodachi... well... it could be worse

Spoiler:
IMO, that's more than enough for a couple of months for expenses tho (btw i cant see squat in ze pic. probably my incredibad connection)

and what would be Rui's reaction if she discovered brother and sister sleeping together.

as for specs, I'm guessing the Renjo's have a suitable marriage candidate for the guy as well as some female officers during his tenure in the army who might have been smitten by him and for the Crows, I think Fuyuki has a genius hacker wanting her.
__________________
lets roll
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 07:47   Link #19
SineMora
Wait for it...
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Spoiler:
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 18:26   Link #20
krytyk
幻想生物
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SineMora View Post
Spoiler:
Ahaha, actually I've never finished colouring that illustration... completely forgot about it! Maybe someday...
krytyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
imouto, strong male

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.