AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-20, 15:33   Link #321
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
Even though she fell off the cliff, her dad and butler would still be able to see her below. They would have at least checked her body out, to see if she is alive or bury her.
They probably did, but since there was no safe method of going to ground level, Furuya-kun was long gone carrying her corpse by the time they arrived. The father could have called his thugs to retrieve the corpse (no matter how you see it, impaling from such height should be fatal in a few minutes unless a team of fully equipped surgeons happens to be at the scene), but he probably wants no one to know about this, even his career could be destroyed by such scandal.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 15:35   Link #322
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

What I want to know is why he didn't jump after her. It would have been so much more satisfying to see his guts spilling out, knowing nobody would want to resurrect him.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 15:47   Link #323
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
What I want to know is why he didn't jump after her.
Father dies while managing to save Rea from the fall, but she dies a few weeks later from the slow poison he had ingested prior to the fall, stepmother wins the legal battle over his husband state and goes into a buying spree.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 16:28   Link #324
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Thursdays, you're killing me. It's too much, make it stop.

This series is certainly hitting all the right buttons with me, though I don't know if I can fairly say I "enjoyed" this episode. It made me feel almost violated, like Alex in "A Clockwork Orange" - being made to watch things no one should see. The subjects this series is dealing with are as difficult as it gets - familial abuse, alcoholism, teen suicide. And as if that weren't enough, we're not given the free pass of treating Chihiro's zombie fascination as a harmless teen fetish - we're being forced to confront the necrophilia question head-on.

What especially strikes me is how Hatakeyama is using tonal contrast for added shock factor. The scenes with Chihiro and Babu and family are treated as comedy, right down to the music - while meanwhile Rea's scenes are as tragic and serious as can be. And when she goes to Chihiro's school, Yaasutaka and Mogi first have their weird slow-mo tickling encounter, then act like characters from a screwball romantic comedy as she limps away. Their behavior was very creepy, though intentionally so I'd guess.

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2012-04-20 at 16:42.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 17:28   Link #325
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

I find Sankarea interesting not because of overall content but its schizophrenic tendency or contrasting emotions. Never have I seen any anime that tackles an emotional issue and then straight after it goes into slapstick humour. Everything itself is already as fine as it is but this anime is hell of an emotional rollercoaster which makes it quite unique out of all the anime that are premiering this season.

This anime is one I'm looking forward to most even though there are at least 5 different anime just as good if not better but because of the lead girl, this romance clicks with me. And for the first time, I like both op and ed theme for this anime, that seem to complement the atmosphere of this anime especially the ending.

As for the censor, I'm not too bothered about it. If not for the zombie twist, this anime would have pretty much been run of the mill cliche romance and still I would've liked this one. This anime takes care of the most important factor - setting motives for the character and for me it did just that.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 18:33   Link #326
Chaos2Frozen
Show me your motivation

Well... That was something else altogether ... But finally we get to what I like to call the 'Real Starting Point' of the story.

EDIT:

Intestines feel... Squishy...

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-04-20 at 19:18.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 20:27   Link #327
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

I don't know why I wasn't expecting it, but the fact that Babu says "Ba-bu" when he does stuff amuses me to no end. A zombie cat shambling around moaning his own name just tickles my funny bone.

Furuya's cousin is an odd case. I completely appreciate that she's there to be on the receiving end of buttmonkey comedy. I get it, and I usually enjoy that kind of casual cruelty in the name of humor, but they may have made her a little too sympathetic at the start, because i felt really bad when she got left in that drain. Maybe it's just my own claustrophobia talking, but I was actually kind of pissed at our hero.

I can't really explain it, but the romance is working surprisingly well on me, even though Rea and Furuya have only had a few scenes together. Maybe it's because Rea is so emotionally damaged from her truly terrifying home life, and Furuya is pretty messed up in his own way. That may be what helps me buy the idea that they might be experiencing Love-At-First-Necromantic-Chem-Lab-In-An-Abandoned-Bowling-Alley.

Rea's "Daddy's Little Girl" act in the morning was soul-crushing. It was the first time I could really feel how empty and hopeless her life seemed to her, and it made me more sympathetic to her suicide attempt in hindsight. The metamorphosis themes are all over the place this week.

I'm guessing the hydrangea is this type of zombie's required sustenance. I don't want to know what happens when they can't get their fix. Babu was tracking it from miles away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
The (step-?)mother
I'm getting that vibe too, really strongly. I don't think they've actually said if she's her real mother or not, have they? I kind of hope she is, just because that adds an even more screwed up dimension to the family. The thought that she might be feeling replaced by her own daughter in her husband's affection isn't something I've seen tackled in the anime I've watched. But it wouldn't surprise me at all if she turns out to be her step-mother instead.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 20:52   Link #328
NaweG
Just some guy

Has a full version of the ED song been released. I can listen to the mp3 stripped from the video five or six times, and I suspect the full version could keep me busy for an hour or two on rewind. While I enjoy anime music, it's been a while since I've gotten this excited about one. Last ones were the Cowboy BeBop ED, the final Cowboy BeBop song as we pan up to space, and the YKK OVA themes.
Old 2012-04-20, 21:15   Link #329
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
Has a full version of the ED song been released. I can listen to the mp3 stripped from the video five or six times, and I suspect the full version could keep me busy for an hour or two on rewind. While I enjoy anime music, it's been a while since I've gotten this excited about one. Last ones were the Cowboy BeBop ED, the final Cowboy BeBop song as we pan up to space, and the YKK OVA themes.
I love that ED - it and the one from Sakamichi are my faves of the season.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 23:42   Link #330
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I love that ED - it and the one from Sakamichi are my faves of the season.
The full version has just been released,it doesn't disapoint

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Add anoher success for the Annabel/Myu combo,I like both of them in general but like them best when they get together.Hope to hear more in the future.
Old 2012-04-21, 06:14   Link #331
Kakkou
Tch.

The haunting background vocals in the ED remind me of Masumi Itou/Hikaru Nanase. The full version is excellent, though it would've been better with a PV like the ED sequence. Both really accentuate the other.
Old 2012-04-21, 06:52   Link #332
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die

Man, that ED is so much better than that nano.RIPE shit.
Old 2012-04-21, 07:07   Link #333
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
The haunting background vocals in the ED remind me of Masumi Itou/Hikaru Nanase. The full version is excellent, though it would've been better with a PV like the ED sequence. Both really accentuate the other.
I'm just glad we got a PV at all!Don't remember there being a PV for Anamnesis,Akashi or My heaven,if they exist I'd be glad to know.
I agree about this being Nanase-esque, Myu's worked with Nanase a few times so I guess it's not just coincidence.
Old 2012-04-21, 13:06   Link #334
Haak
PARTY HARD

I really do love that ED. It really captures the tragic nature of poor Rea's life.
Old 2012-04-21, 13:14   Link #335
Kaoru Chujo
Komatsu Mikako

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Man, that ED is so much better than that nano.RIPE shit.
Um, no it isn't? I love the nano.RIPE OP, too. If it isn't to your taste, so be it, but you are definitely missing out. It has energy and expressiveness, even if it isn't "beautiful." For me, it is in the running for best OP of the season. Just as the ED is in the running for best ED.
Komatsu Mikako 小松未可子 b88.11.11 (age 26). 2010: Heroman (Joey). 2011: Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal (Mizuki Kotori). 2012: Bodacious Space Pirates (Kato Mariko), K (Neko). 2013: Sunday Without God (Ulla Hecmatika), Nagi no Asukara (Miuna). 2014: Soul Eater Not (Eternal Feather), Aldnoah Zero (Inko), Ao Haru Ride (Shuuko), Nisekoi (Seishirou). 2015: Junketsu no Maria (Priapos), Gangsta (Ginger), Aoharu x Kikanjuu (Hotaru), Ushio to Tora (Asako), Danchigai (Yayoi).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | spring 2015 anime previews | summer 2015 anime previews - schedule
character/seiyuu pages: Hibike! Euphonium | Akagami no Shirayukihime | Joukamachi no Dandelion | Charlotte | Gangsta | Gatchaman
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 13:50   Link #336
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die

Sorry, I can only take so much of the vocals. I liked a couple of their inserts in Hanasaku Iroha, but this OP really isn't to my liking.
Old 2012-04-21, 14:04   Link #337
Kaoru Chujo
Komatsu Mikako

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Sorry, I can only take so much of the vocals. I liked a couple of their inserts in Hanasaku Iroha, but this OP really isn't to my liking.
Fair enough. I try to bear in mind that my taste is a bit odd. I thought Shinsei Kamatte-chan's OP to Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko was the best of 2011, and I really don't get Mizuki Nana's singing at all -- highly skilled, but doesn't reach me. Same for the other goddess of seiyuu singers, Chihara Minori. Like, yawn. On the other hand, the beauty of Hayami Saori's voice bowls me over.
Komatsu Mikako 小松未可子 b88.11.11 (age 26). 2010: Heroman (Joey). 2011: Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal (Mizuki Kotori). 2012: Bodacious Space Pirates (Kato Mariko), K (Neko). 2013: Sunday Without God (Ulla Hecmatika), Nagi no Asukara (Miuna). 2014: Soul Eater Not (Eternal Feather), Aldnoah Zero (Inko), Ao Haru Ride (Shuuko), Nisekoi (Seishirou). 2015: Junketsu no Maria (Priapos), Gangsta (Ginger), Aoharu x Kikanjuu (Hotaru), Ushio to Tora (Asako), Danchigai (Yayoi).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | spring 2015 anime previews | summer 2015 anime previews - schedule
character/seiyuu pages: Hibike! Euphonium | Akagami no Shirayukihime | Joukamachi no Dandelion | Charlotte | Gangsta | Gatchaman
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 15:39   Link #338
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die

You don't like Minori...omg you're just a moth-

*likes Hayami Saori too*

Well, that's cool then.
Old 2012-04-21, 16:47   Link #339
Westlo
Lets be reality

Not really a fan of nano.RIPE.. but I really like this OP as a whole, really well put together... the 5 second focus on Rea's family tells you the complete story about them etc.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 20:15   Link #340
syke123

The op's lately don't pique my interest, although they made the right choice by going with Annabel for the ED, I always get emotionally nuked whenever I hear her sing.
syke123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, romance, shounen, slice-of-unlife, supernatural, zombie moe, zombies