AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-06, 11:18   Link #501
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
i think we need a new genre, yuri zombies! oh wait, how the hell does that supposed to work again?
*puts on b-movie director cap* You already have a ladies school setting, now add a dorm and make our moe zombie's metabolism survive on (female only bodily fluid) and make her go rampage at night *presto* I want dibs on the income if this gets done

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Ranko is the name
Wanko is what Furuya calls her
I Think it is Wank-o, you know, like that guy from the thundercats
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 12:08   Link #502
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Wanko is maximally cute. And episode 5 is quite eye opening (also in the source material but it just seems more intense animated).
Old 2012-05-07, 06:58   Link #503
Arya

Wow, I almost died from boredom during this episode
No, actually I didn't, because I skipped the majority of it. But really the only interesting part seemed to be Ranko and Rea first encounter, if I can call it that
I hope next episode they will progress with the plot and don't waste an entire episode to figure out what Rea need to eat!

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 07:08   Link #504
Korps!
Ikarechimattaze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Wanko is maximally cute.
Ranko is maximally awesome!

Quote:
Wow, I almost died from boredom during this episod
Yeah, 1 chapter = 1 episode, it's been a long time I'm done with the original, I'm only watching the Ranko scenes now...
Korps! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 07:23   Link #505
Arya

You are not reassuring me at all that the series will get back on track, you know?

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-05-07, 08:16   Link #506
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korps! View Post
Yeah, 1 chapter = 1 episode, it's been a long time I'm done with the original, I'm only watching the Ranko scenes now...
Is it even 1 chapter per episode now? I could've sworn the chapter this was based on extended into what was shown in the previews.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 08:26   Link #507
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by zprime View Post
12 + 1 OVA?
13 + 1 OVA?
My only hope, but always rarely happened, is that they do not rush out and compact/crammed everything in 12/13 episodes.
That's what everyone hopes for! But the funny thing is that with this show people are complaining about the adaption moving too slowly! Amazing lol. Also if people can see where it will end @ this pace than that is more than likely the ending, and for all you know the Sankarea team already knows they have a second season, not all split cour shows are announced as such.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 11:17   Link #508
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
You are not reassuring me at all that the series will get back on track, you know?
Define 'back on track', as technically, it never derailed in the first place.

And skipping stuff is not a good idea, as details that seem trivial (or even boring) now will become very important later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Is it even 1 chapter per episode now? I could've sworn the chapter this was based on extended into what was shown in the previews.
I'm pretty sure all of this happened in one chapter, namely chapter 5.
Old 2012-05-07, 11:53   Link #509
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Wow, I almost died from boredom during this episode
No, actually I didn't, because I skipped the majority of it. But really the only interesting part seemed to be Ranko and Rea first encounter, if I can call it that
I hope next episode they will progress with the plot and don't waste an entire episode to figure out what Rea need to eat!
Except.. .that *was* the plot That's one of the things I like about japanese entertainment (or foreign works in general) ... they don't have that recent US phenomenon of attention deficit "run!!!! run faster!! boom!" slideshow effect.
Old 2012-05-07, 14:28   Link #510
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Quote:
Except.. .that *was* the plot That's one of the things I like about japanese entertainment (or foreign works in general) ... they don't have that recent US phenomenon of attention deficit "run!!!! run faster!! boom!" slideshow effect.
TL;DR

I think the pacing is fine. I'm just a little frustrated that Furuya seems to be dragging his heels about looking for a solution to the problem. If I, hypothetically, had a girlfriend decomposing in my bedroom that I *might* have a chance of saving, I would skip sleep and chores until the more urgent matter was resolved.
Old 2012-05-07, 14:35   Link #511
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Define 'back on track', as technically, it never derailed in the first place.
Quote:
Ops
Surely I was not expecting anything like "run!!!! run faster!! boom!".
It's just that I would have preferred that they'd have kept the prologue atmosphere, where they mixed tragic tones with light-hearted tones. Obviously not as tragic as the beginning, but that had a very good balance.
Instead the feeling I'm having now it's that it slowed a bit down to a "one-girl-show". Like Nazo No Kanojo X or Tasogare Otome x Amnesia. Nothing wrong about that. I like those shows.
But in this episode the "one-girl-show" basically doesn't show up, so to me the show lost a lot of its charm in one go. So my 'back on track' means something like focusing on Rea and not to the supporting cast that doesn't seem so solid. Except Ranko and Ranko's .. but that's another matter.
I don't need to say that I didn't read the manga so my expectations come exclusively from how the show evolved so far.

Old 2012-05-07, 17:40   Link #512
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Ah, I see... yeah, it did seem to skip a beat or defuse the focus - I can't deny that. (And I've not read anything but the summaries of the first few events just to see if I was really interested)
Old 2012-05-07, 20:00   Link #513
DRAGUN H.E.X.
DAT Shiny Gunpla~

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGUN H.E.X.
so is the glasses wearing shota guy actually a reverse trap?
GYROZETTER
DRAGUN H.E.X. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 12:11   Link #514
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

Episode count, from relentlessness: "Sankarea (13 Episodes, 6 BDs/DVDs, 25 + 3)." That's six BDs, five of them containing two eps and the last one containing three. Whether or not ep13 will be considered an OVA, I don't know.

I was interested that some viewers were bored by ep5. I didn't feel that, but I tested my feelings by watching again, and then once more: nope, not bored.

The only reservation I had was frustration that he was not immediately devoting himself to working on a solution to save Sanka. The housecleaning, etc., set up a knot of frustration in me. Maybe that was the point.
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 12:24   Link #515
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Episode count, from relentlessness: "Sankarea (13 Episodes, 6 BDs/DVDs, 25 + 3)." That's six BDs, five of them containing two eps and the last one containing three. Whether or not ep13 will be considered an OVA, I don't know.

I was interested that some viewers were bored by ep5. I didn't feel that, but I tested my feelings by watching again, and then once more: nope, not bored.

The only reservation I had was frustration that he was not immediately devoting himself to working on a solution to save Sanka. The housecleaning, etc., set up a knot of frustration in me. Maybe that was the point.
Same here.... the episode was interesting but I did spend much of it thinking "um, medical emergency here?"
Old 2012-05-08, 12:40   Link #516
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

I know this is a bit offtopic, but, this article got me thinking again that it might be posible for the human body to function with low levels of oxigen.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 14:54   Link #517
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post

Well, I think his mind was a little too preoccupied for him to worry about that. It wasn't until her rigor mortis started kicking in that the coin dropped, but before he could really get to it, they just had to keep him busy with trivial chores. Then again, he also didn't want them to suspect anything, so it's not like he could say "I have a zombie girl lying in my room whom I have to think of a preservation method for."

Of course, you could claim that he could've thought of that sooner, given the zombie-freak he is, but I guess Rea's 'hot' body charm simply caught him off-guard.
Old 2012-05-09, 07:27   Link #518
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Here is Chihiro with a really urgent matter to attend to, and his family unknowingly traps him with a day full of inescapable cleaning duties. Well, it's not like he has other options if he wanted to keep Rea a secret from them. Anyway, he's got some explaining to do now that there's a witness. Who nearly became a victim. It does make some sense that Ranko smelling like Hydrangea would cause Rea to lick her. And that kiss seems awfully long...

I guess they're really trying to stick to the one chapter, one episode approach, huh. They even fit in some anime-original scenes early in the episode to keep from moving into the next chapter. Well, not that it's a bad thing, because those scenes served to explain just how the student body at Rea's school perceives Rea. As long as there is hope that the later chapters will get animated too, probably in a second season, barring any anime-original ending.

The revelation in the preview segment about the inspiration for Mero's name took me by surprise, though.
Old 2012-05-09, 08:59   Link #519
mangatron
Gyanko <3

Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Episode 05

lol, what was with the serious zombie pregnancy discussion earlier? I was only half joking.... or is that "half-serious"

And I see some worries about the pacing.... I'll tell you what I was worried about, where my ARIA-SAMA nOOOOOOOO I can't go an entire ep without herrrrrrrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Can't get enough of Wanko's nice body

WANKO I was always perplexed about why girls would want to wear damaged shorts like that, but seeing them on Wanko answers my questions: she looks so hot

I'll tell you one thing though, the scene I really liked was this:

Watching her tip toe around like that, that scene I was holding my breath, mouth partially open, oh man she almost single-handedly gave me a foot fetish
Quote:
I know a certain mangatron would have wanted to make this his new sig, sorry but I beat you this week mate
lol, actually, I want to get current with a lot of anime before I consider changing my sig again, I still have to watch Mysterious Girlfriend seX, Medaka's Boobs, Nyarko-chan, even Acchi Cootchie, oh my

Still, I had a thought of waiting a few years from now and post that above pic on a hentai forum and ask what anime is that from just for the lolz, to someone new to Sankarea, it really looks like... assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
BTW, there is no way for Rea to Rip Wanko's top and only remove the top of it, so the Blu.ray will no doubt have a little extra (or a little less) *nosebleeds*
Wouldn't a likely answer be that she went no bra? Rea did rip both the apron and the shirt, so..... considering Wanko's attire, I think she really did go no-bra wait, never mind, I must be thinking of something else

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
The revelation in the preview segment about the inspiration for Mero's name took me by surprise, though.
True, huh? I actually find myself looking forward to these MeroMero previews, I guess they help make up her low screentime

It's a wonderful view.
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!

*What do you call a girl using her boobies to pleasure another girl?
-PAIZYURI!
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 14:47   Link #520
konart

Send a message via Skype™ to konart
EP7 preview:

Spoiler for ...:

Tags
ecchi, romance, shounen, slice-of-unlife, supernatural, zombie moe, zombies