AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-05-22, 14:30   Link #641
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lurking
Age: 25
Finally caught up with episode 7, was a decent episode for a filler(?). Sadly no scene involving Rea or Grandpa.
Spoiler for best scene in the ep:
__________________

Current Sig
Mimi
(Atelier Meruru)


Last Sig
Sinanju(Poco)


Avatar
Anmi
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 14:43   Link #642
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaihan View Post
Spoiler for best scene in the ep:
Girls are girls...Otakus are otakus
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 20:23   Link #643
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In a cruel yet beautiful world
Age: 22
Good thing not ALL girls are that way, though, otherwise this'd be a pretty boring world...

The most interesting part of the episode for me believe or not was how distant and unresponsive Ranko's father is... Don't understand why/how someone that blah ended up with someone with so much personality like Ranko's mother. The first conclusion I want to jump to is arranged marriage, but that's cliched. I'm probably reading into it too much. *shrugs*
__________________
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 20:34   Link #644
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mexico
Age: 43
^ Maybe they complement each other, a theme I see quite often in animes that I think is lacking in our western civilization, where all we are thinking is how hot she/he is without thinking her/his personality would be a good match for ours.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 01:28   Link #645
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Doesn't mean he has to like it. I'd be pissed too if I were being forced to do something against my will.
Yes, parents force a lot of things on us for our own good. We don't have to like them.

And frankly, of all things parents do, forcing their kids to not be complete recluses aren't the worst.


Quote:
Fact remains that he's not interested in her and never has been. She thinks that he'll 'eventually come around if she pushes hard enough, but he has his eyes set on someone else, and whether he likes her because she is a zombie, or if it's something else about her that sparked his interest, is anyone's guess right now.
If everyone had to give up and stop seeing people who aren't interested, there'd be a lot fewer romances out there, and most of them would be boring. It'd also take care of the misunderstanding-based tropes.

Besides, it's not like they haven't spent years being friendly.

Quote:
And it's probably highly unlikely that he'll eventually hook up with Ranko should he be unable to preserve Rea's body. I think a guilt trip like that would be an even worse reason to take her, as that would mean he doesn't truly love her, but uses her as a replacement for the girl he used to love. And I'm pretty sure she'd understand that over time.
True. So? Being the Unlucky Childhood Friend doesn't make her a bad person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salva View Post
Why she would bother to hang out with him then? She could've left if she wanted.
She tried. Her mother ordered her back.

Quote:
No one forced her, I can hardly believe there was no one aside from zombie freak to be friends with. She acts like she was the only one human being on Earth. Or she's just a sadist who enjoys messing up people's lives and bossing people around. As much as I hate this kind of people I could at least understand. She likes to hurt so she enjoys him being unhappy and uncomfortable. I don't really understand how she can call it love when all she's been doing is being one big pain for him. Is that how you should act around person you think you love? Making their life uncomfrotable and unhappy? Her cheering herself up by shouting that she won't give up made me smile. I mean, she already lost which is the only thing that keeps me from dropping this show as I hate such girls and can't stand them
The beginnings were rough, ok. Mostly not her fault, too. They've still been friends for years.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 01:53   Link #646
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
If everyone had to give up and stop seeing people who aren't interested, there'd be a lot fewer romances out there, and most of them would be boring. It'd also take care of the misunderstanding-based tropes.
I disagree. If your crush isn't responding back in any form or way, why bother clinging to him? I'm sure there are other fish in the sea. If a girl as pushy and bossy as Ranko were to try and win me over, last thing on my mind would be dating her. Rather, I'd try getting her off my back and letting her know that I'm not interested in her. Chihiro reacts pretty much the same way. If Ranko fails to pick up the many hints that he simply isn't interested in her, it's her fault if she gets herself involved in things she should've stayed out of long ago.

Quote:
Besides, it's not like they haven't spent years being friendly.
I don't even know what this has to do with anything.

Quote:
True. So? Being the Unlucky Childhood Friend doesn't make her a bad person.
Being a clingy and jealous Unlucky Childhood Friend does, though

Quote:
She tried. Her mother ordered her back.
And I'm pretty sure she tried manipulating Chihiro's father as well. Sadly for her, it didn't work out as well as she'd probably had hoped. However, she apparently doesn't know it yet, considering that she doesn't see everything.

Quote:
The beginnings were rough, ok. Mostly not her fault, too. They've still been friends for years.
Why does this even matter? Just because they've been getting along for years doesn't mean they should be dating each other by now.
__________________
Lord of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 02:08   Link #647
Salva
Lazy, narcissistic bum.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kraków
I hardly see them being friendly. I just don't buy it at all. Not with her involved. Apparently all relationships are pretty much messed up in this show, his "friends" for example... So I'm not really trying to prove anything. It's just that I hate disrespectful young brats who are violent but oh so sensitive.
__________________
Don't underestimate the seductive power of decent vocabuly.
Salva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 04:30   Link #648
moncikoma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
i love this anime....ZOMBIE moeeee!!! now that is original!
moncikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 09:31   Link #649
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
Age: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
Good thing not ALL girls are that way, though, otherwise this'd be a pretty boring world...

The most interesting part of the episode for me believe or not was how distant and unresponsive Ranko's father is... Don't understand why/how someone that blah ended up with someone with so much personality like Ranko's mother. The first conclusion I want to jump to is arranged marriage, but that's cliched. I'm probably reading into it too much. *shrugs*
Marriage...can do things to a man. Sure, it's entirely possible that it's an arranged marriage, or mom might have crushed the life and soul right out of him over the years. I've seen it happen in real life. Or, he may really be a distant and unresponsive guy from the beginning. I have a feeling we may find out something in future episodes.

As for me and my wife, we really do compliment each other. She's a bit of a hothead. I'm more calm and collected. I think I'm fairly funny. She doesn't get a lot of my jokes (our daughter laughs though). I like to go out and socialize. She doesn't want to meet anyone she doesn't have to. The list goes on. She really is the Yin to my Yang.

Endless "Married... with Children" Soul
__________________
VF-19 and VF-22S from Macross Plus
Signature by ganbaru
Endless Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 14:24   Link #650
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
I disagree. If your crush isn't responding back in any form or way, why bother clinging to him? I'm sure there are other fish in the sea. If a girl as pushy and bossy as Ranko were to try and win me over, last thing on my mind would be dating her. Rather, I'd try getting her off my back and letting her know that I'm not interested in her. Chihiro reacts pretty much the same way. If Ranko fails to pick up the many hints that he simply isn't interested in her, it's her fault if she gets herself involved in things she should've stayed out of long ago.



I don't even know what this has to do with anything.



Being a clingy and jealous Unlucky Childhood Friend does, though



And I'm pretty sure she tried manipulating Chihiro's father as well. Sadly for her, it didn't work out as well as she'd probably had hoped. However, she apparently doesn't know it yet, considering that she doesn't see everything.
... The hell are you even saying? All I see is two sets of parents pushing for their kids to get along. Which is pretty normal, especially when they're actually related. Who do you think is manipulating whom?



Quote:
Why does this even matter? Just because they've been getting along for years doesn't mean they should be dating each other by now.
There seems to be some kind of misunderstanding. You seem to say that, because Chihiro doesn't like Ranko that way, she doesn't have the right to even be in his presence. That's what I'm answering to. As far as I'm concerned, his not being into her doesn't invalidate their friendship or their right to hang out if they want to (even if, right now, he has other concerns. It happens.).

It'd probably be better if she did give up on trying to date him since, yeah, it looks pretty hopeless. But I don't see it as an obligation, or her failure to do so as a sign she's evil.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 15:00   Link #651
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
We know Ranko has no chance right now, but she has been Chihiro's closest friend for many years, and basically took an eventual boyfriend-girlfriend relationship for granted. His father clearly thought of her as his future daughter-in-law. Now we think she should just give up immediately? No way. In fact, she shows amazing strength to be able to give up to the extent she has, helping Chihiro get clothes, etc., for Rea.

Never mind, Ranko. Rea can't last forever....

I'm no fan of Ranko's wrestling holds on Chihiro, but the wrestling is probably unconsciously sublimated sexual feelings, so I can't exactly blame her.
__________________
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 16:12   Link #652
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I think it's just horseplay... Old habits die hard.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 16:44   Link #653
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
The most interesting part of the episode for me believe or not was how distant and unresponsive Ranko's father is... Don't understand why/how someone that blah ended up with someone with so much personality like Ranko's mother. The first conclusion I want to jump to is arranged marriage, but that's cliched. I'm probably reading into it too much. *shrugs*
I thought Ranko's dad was interesting too -- to me he had the look of a guy totally defeated by marriage.
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 17:40   Link #654
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Really? He just looked like the silent type to me. Especially since Ranko said he's the one who decided to relocate.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 22:07   Link #655
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In a cruel yet beautiful world
Age: 22
The main reason why I brought Ranko's father up was because there the two times in the episode where he appeared (in the kitchen and in the car), and both of those times the camera zoomed into his face and lingered for just a moment too long to not suggest there was something more going on beneath the surface with him... But that's only a feeling I got. As I said, I could just be reading into it too much.
__________________
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 22:22   Link #656
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mexico
Age: 43
^ Ranko's father could be a strong & silent father figure and/or Ranko's mom might be a bossy dominatrix that does *bleep* *bleep* *bleep* everynight when they are alone ... or I could be reading too much into it ^^;
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 23:00   Link #657
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
Age: 46
He definitely gives the vibe of being ground down by marriage. Like I said in an earlier post, I've seen this actually happen. I still think we may see more of this in a future episode, however, then again there aren't that many episodes left.

Endless "Vibe" Soul
__________________
VF-19 and VF-22S from Macross Plus
Signature by ganbaru
Endless Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 07:04   Link #658
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Under the piercing blue sky
Ranko gets her time in the limelight, her very own 20+ minutes of fame. Took a little break from the source material to further develop Ranko's character, but it also managed to show some of Chihiro's backstory with it. Not such a bad thing, but it could mean that they're trying to fill in some gaps if they're planning to stop at a certain point that I'm thinking of.

Someone in this thread told me earlier that DEEN is one of the more sequel-friendly studios, and I can only hope it also applies to this adaptation. We're still in Volume 2, and the source is already past Volume 5. I'm not going to settle for an anime-original ending after the adaptation took so much care not to skip anything from the source.

Gotta love those preview skits at the end by Mero/Yuka Iguchi. Looking forward to some more zombie moe next episode...
__________________
Coldlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 21:31   Link #659
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ, USA
Age: 25
Spoiler for ep 8:
__________________
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 22:58   Link #660
sikvod00
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Homestead, FL
Age: 28
Spoiler for episode 8:
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ecchi, romance, shounen, slice-of-unlife, supernatural, zombie moe, zombies

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.