AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-09-19, 18:38   Link #101
LostSome
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Just wanna point out one thing here... you are saying that a magic device lost sensor contact of of someone who is anti-magic personified. Not necessarily that he teleported.
I thought that Eclipse Drivers have weak anti-magic when they not reacted.
Besides, if Nanoha`s Fortress which is an anti-eclipse weapon is using a magic sensor... And that an unreacted driver like Deville can blind it...
CW needs to upgrade those sensors. Badly !
I`m not against your idea, but that was a big flaw in Fortress if so.
__________________
Nyohohohoho ! It`s the law of the universe that only wizards die as virgins.
You can`t let yourself die as a virgin, right ?
-Old geezer.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 18:49   Link #102
Enternal
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post
I thought that Eclipse Drivers have weak anti-magic when they not reacted.
Besides, if Nanoha`s Fortress which is an anti-eclipse weapon is using a magic sensor... And that an unreacted driver like Deville can blind it...
CW needs to upgrade those sensors. Badly !
I`m not against your idea, but that was a big flaw in Fortress if so.
Yeah CW really need to upgrade those sensors. Well the Fortress are still currently being tested so I'm sure there are problems here and there.
__________________
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 18:59   Link #103
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 26
That's exactly the point of these initial fights with the Huckebein, besides the obvious--they need to find out the flaws that the AEC armaments have, and they can only do that in a live battle.

After all, this is Nanoha. We're not going to see this conversation happening:

Nanoha: So, Touma-kun, we need to be at our best when we stop the Huckebein family.
Touma: Okay, how can I help?
Vita: We need you to let us use our AEC weapons on you.
Touma: ... what?
Vita: Well, we certainly can't risk this stuff failing on us in the middle of a firefight, now can we?
Touma: This sounds dangerous. I could get hurt!
Nanoha: You'll just be able to regenerate the damage thanks to the Eclipse, though!
Touma: THAT'S NOT THE POINT!
__________________

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2011-09-19 at 19:12.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 19:04   Link #104
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
After all, this is Nanoha. We're not going to see this conversation happening:

Nanoha: So, Touma-kun, we need to be at our best when we stop the Huckebein family.
Touma: Okay, how can I help?
Vita: We need you to let us use our AEC weapons on you.
Touma: ... what?
Vita: Well, we certainly can't risk this stuff failing on us in the middle of a firefight, now can we?
Touma: This sounds dangerous. I could get hurt!
Nanoha: You'll just be able to regenerate the damage thanks the Eclipse, though!
Touma: THAT'S NOT THE POINT!
Actually, that's pretty clever xD
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...it won't be forgotten

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 19:40   Link #105
Justin_Brett
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canada, Sault Ste. Marie
If they're just gonna use him as a stationary target, they can do that on the holodeck thing.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 19:45   Link #106
Arkeus
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
... go re-read his statement again. He just got done saying she doesn't do that. And here you are, saying that that's false and then... saying the same thing.
I am saying she doesn't do it because it would be less effective for her to do it (As in, Stupid as all hell).

He is saying she doesn't do it because she can't.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 19:46   Link #107
Sunder the Gold
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Just wanna point out one thing here... you are saying that a magic device lost sensor contact of of someone who is anti-magic personified. Not necessarily that he teleported.
...

FRACKING Eclipse, how does it work?!

That might be so, but we have no way of knowing, because they don't explain ANYTHING!
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 19:51   Link #108
Sunder the Gold
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
You implied that by attributing her superior speed entirely to the fact she's a cyborg (reafirmed by your comment that said the flying numbers where faster than Subaru following that logic). Being a combat cyborg alone doesn't make up for her speed, it is Mach Caliber's achievement in great part.
I was claiming that being a Combat Cyborg might have enabled her to USE more of her speed in a cramped environment than a normal would could safely get away with.

It wasn't about top speed, but "highest controllable speed".


You were the one who mentioned footspeed, as though a cyborg could outrun a flying mage on foot. I never once referred to the running speed that cyborg muscles allowed, merely to their superior ability to withstand the shocks of landing and to generate leaping force.

And that superiority was only to legs and arms of a NON-flying mage, since flying mages could use flight-power to assist their landings and jumps.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 20:03   Link #109
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
And that superiority was only to legs and arms of a NON-flying mage, since flying mages could use flight-power to assist their landings and jumps.
And still you compared Subaru with the flying numbers.

Didn't undermine Mach Caliber's importance xD
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...it won't be forgotten

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 20:08   Link #110
Sunder the Gold
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
What does that have to do with you mentioning footspeed?
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 20:48   Link #111
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
What does that have to do with you mentioning footspeed?
Apparently a mistaken interpretation of your statement of "being a cyborg is the main reason she's faster on the ground" xD
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...it won't be forgotten

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 10:30   Link #112
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Just wanna point out one thing here... you are saying that a magic device lost sensor contact of of someone who is anti-magic personified. Not necessarily that he teleported.
Provided that raising heart used magic to trace him. How would a magic device even lock on to a anti-magic personification in the first place if not by non-magical means?
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 10:32   Link #113
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Doing Anzu's paperwork.
Age: 28
This reminds me of TK's Device Electronic Warfare theory...

...garh, it was 3 years ago, I can't be bothered to look it u-

...Three years ago. Where the hell did my youth go?!
__________________
~Speaking my mind, even when it costs me~
One must forgive one's enemies, but not before they are hanged.Heinrich Heine.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 10:40   Link #114
Sunder the Gold
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
There's passive scanning and active scanning.

Passive scanning is detecting wavelengths that something is already producing, like an ear hearing sounds or a Giger counter picking up on radioactivity.

Active scanning is like sonar -- sending out a wavelength and expecting the wave to bounce off an object and return to you, letting you interpret the disturbances in the wave to get a picture of what's out there.

There's also the possiblity that scrying can displace your senses, allowing you passively recieve information with your sight or hearing, in an entirely different location. Though needing to actively use magic in this fashion would make it an active scan, especially since someone might detect the wavelength of your spell being used.


Assuming the Huckebein have Linker Cores and/or some other source of energy stronger than your average Earth human, sensors should be able to detect the wavelengths they naturally emit.

However, the Huckebein might have a stealth capability similar to the tricks mages have for hiding from such passive detection. Like putting a basket over a candle to hide the light. The Hbs might also have active defenses against active scanning.


It would not surprise me that Deville would have stealth abilities in addition to teleportation abilities to make up for a lack of projectiles or super-speed.

As yet, however, we don't have any clear evidence suggesting that he can do this. Maybe he really did jump twice, as I originally believed. Either one is possible.


One thing does puzzle me -- surely being actively scryed by someone should be obvious to magical senses, right? (Except possibly in the case of the Huckebein, since their rules might be sufficiently different.)

Well, it's never actually come up before. In A's, Nanoha never noticed Vita looking for her until the Magical Prison field went up.

Maybe Vita was relying on passive senses and Nanoha was simply that bright?

What Fate did with the Jewel Seeds once -- a forced activation to make them reveal themselves -- might have been a very aggressive active scan. One that not only caused the Jewel Seeds to react from the force, but that registered on Yuuno's (and Nanoha's?) senses.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 15:12   Link #115
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Nanoha Used Car Dealership. RERISE!
Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Could also use Gundam's tech. Kapersky particles? some sort of radar jamming, the more sent out, the larger the object they are hiding might be. It's like a cloud of chaff.

Better, an area appears hollow. You hit where you sense nothing.
__________________
For those that belittle their favorite characters, complain about pairings, complain about oversexed images. Stop, thank you.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 16:32   Link #116
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
There's passive scanning and active scanning.

Passive scanning is detecting wavelengths that something is already producing, like an ear hearing sounds or a Giger counter picking up on radioactivity.

Active scanning is like sonar -- sending out a wavelength and expecting the wave to bounce off an object and return to you, letting you interpret the disturbances in the wave to get a picture of what's out there.

There's also the possiblity that scrying can displace your senses, allowing you passively recieve information with your sight or hearing, in an entirely different location. Though needing to actively use magic in this fashion would make it an active scan, especially since someone might detect the wavelength of your spell being used.
The Hucks are anti-magic, they don't bounce back any magical waves, nor do they radiate magical waves to perceive.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 17:25   Link #117
Sunder the Gold
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Did the Combat Cyborgs radiate magical energy?

Were the Aces still able to detect them?
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 17:51   Link #118
LostSome
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Canada
There is a different between working out the bugs of a prototype ready for field testing and a giant design flaw in the sensors that neither CW nor Nanoha thought about.
If it was against something else that the new AEW, I would have no problem.

Especially since RH`s sensors worked fine before on reacted Thoma and Arnage.
Second, even inside the S.Quad, Hayate could detect that Fate and crew were still alive.

One way to make it work is that RH`s sensors were concentrated at watching Nanoha`s back where most of the action were and Deville just moved out of it.
After Curren`s order to escape, Arnage and Deville escaped the scanors very quickly.

Speaking of her... She is the one we have not idea how she got to Hayate.
For all we know, the system upgrades for Sella she got was from Hayate`s ship.
Lol at idea of Curren stealing "goodies" right under Hayate`s nose.
__________________
Nyohohohoho ! It`s the law of the universe that only wizards die as virgins.
You can`t let yourself die as a virgin, right ?
-Old geezer.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 18:02   Link #119
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post
Speaking of her... She is the one we have not idea how she got to Hayate.
For all we know, the system upgrades for Sella she got was from Hayate`s ship.
Lol at idea of Curren stealing "goodies" right under Hayate`s nose.
As if she needs to be more awesome xD
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...it won't be forgotten

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 18:11   Link #120
LostSome
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
As if she needs to be more awesome xD
Curren : I was away for far too long... And I didn`t bring something for Stella...
What`s this ? A TSAB ship ? I`m saved ! Time to do some serious shopping.

I guess Thoma`s eclipse was not the only thing that messed up the ship.
__________________
Nyohohohoho ! It`s the law of the universe that only wizards die as virgins.
You can`t let yourself die as a virgin, right ?
-Old geezer.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.