AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-09-08, 17:19   Link #21
calorie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tannhäuser Gate
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
@ Calorie ... yeah - I can easily imagine why you would be surprised at my re-watching.

But maybe it would be a little more understandable if you knew that I do not have a tv/cable, or any game consoles or listen to the radio, etc. The only technology I have of that sort of thing is a computer and a portable video/mp3 player. You would be surprised how much "free time" you have at you beck and call without the tv/cable and game consoles.

I also agree that re-watchability does not necessarily equal the quality of a series. I thoroughly enjoyed both Ano Hana and Gosick while they were airing, to use recent examples.
Well I don't have any consoles either and spend very little to no time watching TV or playing video games. I do read books though and study a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
I don't think it indicates very much more than an individual viewer's subjective preferences. From my list of favourite anime, Haibane Renmei, Mushishi and Kino no Tabi rank as shows that reveal new insights each time I watch them anew. There are also those stories that are deliberately designed to reward re-watching, such as The Sky Crawlers, where the very act of re-living the events of the movie helps to reinforce its central motif.

And then there are those shows which are, to me, superb works of art that make evergreen reference material — the more often you review them, the greater an appreciation you develop for animation as an art form. Almost all Ghibli movies rank highly in this regard.

In my case, the subject matter rarely affects its re-watch value. Despite its heartrending plot, I often find myself pulling out my cherished copy of Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen, just to re-experience its tremendous quality. Till this day, the movie's prologue never fails to tear me apart each time I revisit it.
Haibane Renmei, Mushishi, Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen - those are all damn fine animes, I can easily see myself re-watching that sometime. It isn't that I cannot understand the act of re-watching itself, or which titles deserve that, I simply expressed my surprise at how much and how often people seem to do that. How can you guys resist watching other great stuff out there; it seems to me like I could go berserk and spend months just gobbling up food and watching anime non-stop and it would still take me a year to get to the point where I would have to resort to re-watching (and really want to do that rather than watch something else).
calorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 18:49   Link #22
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Who says we don't "watch something else" or watch new stuff? Once I've completed the list of series there is to watch for the week, the remainder of tv time is open unless I pull out old favorites. Frankly, not all anime fits in my "want to watch" list. Either its a subject matter I'm not amused by (e.g. a large list of shounen action for boys) or its a far too recycled repetitive so-so reincarnation matter (e.g. any B- version of "choose the girl" 12 ep serial harem). This is when i say "I love anime" is the same as saying "I love tv". Its a type of entertainment medium so the statements don't really say a lot about what one likes to watch

I'm watching roughly 5 new series at the moment and am queueing a couple of other new ones for a 'rainy day' moment. Its not like I spend 20hrs a week watching anime (I reserve time for gaming, house and garden projects, etc). I can catch an episode while eating breakfast or lunch so its rare it consumes more than a 3 or 4 hours a week.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 19:16   Link #23
Echoes
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In line to confess his sins.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by calorie View Post
it seems to me like I could go berserk and spend months just gobbling up food and watching anime non-stop and it would still take me a year to get to the point where I would have to resort to re-watching
That's the thing, though. I'll only speak for myself here, but I don't "resort" to rewatching. There's myriad of reasons why a rewatch might be more desirable than jumping into yet another new series.

I pull out things I enjoyed greatly and want to revisit. As others have brought up, this extends to other mediums as well. (I, for instance, replay Final Fantasy VII every 1-2 years.)

I watch new stuff as well, and the time spent on that usually outweighs the time I spend rewatching old series by a good margain, but you're not always in the mood for immersing yourself in a new world. Sometimes you want to go for the tried and true, or try to relive some memory; try to evoke a feeling once more, or simply rewatch a fantastically animated battle or a particularly hilarious dialogue.
__________________
Echoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 01:56   Link #24
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 27
I don't tend to rewatch on my own, except for particular scenes I really loved. However, I do rewatch as a social activity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
As for the present,
Ikoku Meiro
Usagi Drop
Hanasaku Iroha.

I'm watching all 3 .... and will venture a guess that I'll find Ikoku and Usagi rewatchable, especially if I'm airing it for someone else to watch together. Not so much Hanasaku (though its no knock against it) ... it just seems more soap opera-ish to me and less memorable though I enjoyed it a lot.
I actually have seen the three opening episodes of Hanasaku Iroha 3-4 times in the initial weeks after airing because I wanted to show it to friends, and I loved it. On the other hand, when I tried showing a favourite episode to friends more recently, it just didn't have the same impact. Have to agree that the show's somewhat soap-ish nature probably decreases the rewatch value, even though I love the show and its full of great little touches.

WHen I've organized rewatches of favourites of mind like Iriya no Sora, Ufo no Natsu, Moon Phase, Genshiken, parts of Haruhi, Gurren Lagann, Bakemonogatari and Kurenai, I almost always end up enjoying the experience immensely - Kurenai in particular. I should not that with the exception of Bakemonogatari though, I rewatched these shows 3-4 years after I first saw them. Rewatching stuff I've seen because other people want to is a lot more hit and miss too.

I also agree with those who prefer that have only one or two cour, or at least have season breaks if longer. I tend to find long runners feel like a bit of a chore to watch even if they're good, and shorter series are easier to organize social events for.
__________________

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 02:17   Link #25
Akito Kinomoto
木之本 慊人
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Age: 23
It's not like I can't see where calorie is coming from, though. I know what the general reasons are for wanting to rewatch something, but I get the feeling that some people have repeated a work to the point where they're watching a series nearly as much as they watch anime, if that somehow makes sense.

To me, continuously pushing forward is only a good thing as it constantly brings a candidate to overthrow a favorite; we all want to see something better, don't we? Hell, I'm only 99.9% sure Time of Eve is going to stay at the top for me because I don't want to settle into a mindset that I've already seen the best.

Complacency is the natural enemy of progress.
__________________
My MALLet's do a head count here. We've got a ruthless spearman, a girl with a thousand muskets, a near-psycho fighting for love, and a deity who lives up to her status. You've managed to piss them all off. When they come, and they will, they're coming for you

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ I have an army

We have a Goddess
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 02:53   Link #26
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Being totally ebillll
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito_Kinomoto View Post
It's not like I can't see where calorie is coming from, though. I know what the general reasons are for wanting to rewatch something, but I get the feeling that some people have repeated a work to the point where they're watching a series nearly as much as they watch anime, if that somehow makes sense.
Thank god I don't have this problem. Though sadly, I spend more time trolling about anime than actually watching it.

I jest... somewhat. I am watching 10 current series atm. But I still find some time to rewatch parts of Nanoha movie 1st or Clannad or whatnot.
__________________
You just try again... through the darkness.You just go away... the future is waiting for us!
Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 05:24   Link #27
totoum
Gamer
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to totoum
I've very rarely rewatched whole shows in a organised way.I tend to rewatch a random episode when I feel like it,and in the end,even if it wasn't in order,I end up rewatching the whole thing.

I love sketchbook full color's to death (don't ask me to explain why,there's no rational reason for this),I have never rewatched it from episode 1 to 13 in order,however I have rewatched each episode so much that I could give you a detailed summary of each episode off the top of my head,but I'm not tired of it.
Same with the english dub of "ghost stories",I've rewatched the show so much I know what each jokes are but that doesn't stop me from laughing.

Both of these are what I watch when I've had a long day and need to be sure that I watch something that's going to help me relax,of course there's other great shows out there that could do this but since I want to be sure,there's no room for experimenting with something I havn't watched before

The only couple of times I can think of me deciding to rewatch a show in an organised way are ergo proxy (seen it 3 times total) and Dennou Coil (2 times total)

And even with those there's a few episodes I've rewatched quite a bit more.
For Ergo Proxy I have a fascination for episode 16,I just love the character interaction in it and it never gets old,to a lesser extent there's episode 15 because that episode is simple just weird.
For dennou coil it's the famous episode 12 as well as the last two episodes.

I might actualy rewatch dennou coil again soon,I feel that some things that have happened in my life might make me understand the message and themes of dennou coil in a different way than I did before.

Why do I rewatch so much if there's a bunch of other great stuff out there?You could call it lazyness but there's a sort of investment that goes with having to discover something new that I'm just not always willing to make.
Basicly what I do now is include a couple of old classics I havn't watched yet in my rotation of currently airing shows,but I very rarely marathon.


Interestingly enough,my manga reading habbits are completly different,I marathon a lot and very rarely reread
__________________
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 21:06   Link #28
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Most anime has one or two good episodes worth to be watch over and over again though in general that anime sucks..... That's the time we tend to skip episodes we don't like to see and enjoys the favorite parts.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 23:23   Link #29
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
It's kind of funny, for a long time my attitude was basically the same as calorie's.

I just couldn't comprehend why anybody would rewatch a narrative that they already know how it's going to play out plot-wise when there's no shortage of generally good quality anime out there to watch (if you're willing to go and watch some older shows that aren't currently airing, at least).


But then, there's something's that's become increasingly true for me:

There's a lot of anime shows that I more or less like, and there's some that I think of has having very high quality, particularly in a generalized sense.

But there's a certain element that only a small handful of anime shows have for me, and it's what makes them almost addictive in a rewatch way. For a lack of a better term, I'd call this element "the fun factor".


The shows that have this "fun factor" for me are often not the anime equivalent of Citizen Kane, or a great literary work. In fact, it's rare that they are. Oh, they tend to be good above average shows even in a general sense, but you're not likely to see them on a list of the most influential anime of all-time, say. They're not your NGEs and your Akiras.

But nonetheless, they do the main thing that entertainment is meant to do: Entertain. They're very pleasing to watch for me.

One such show like that for me is Tiger and Bunny. This show has become such incredible fun for me. I find myself watching and rewatching each and every one of its episodes the day that they come out.

I know I could be watching a different anime that I have yet to watch, but the truth is that such an anime is only 5-to-10% as likely to put a smile on my face as a T and B rewatch would. Because out of the 100 or more anime that I've probably watched by this point, Tiger and Bunny is one of the top 10% of them when it comes to simply making me happy while I watch it.


Now, this sort of "fun factor" aside, there's another reason that I engage in rewatches sometimes. A reason that has lead me to rewatch Madoka Magica, and Mawaru Penguindrum episodes. And that reason is... Detective work, basically.

This isn't exactly "fun factor" in a easy-viewing T and B sort of way, but its still very fun in a different way. It's fun in a gathering clues to try to solve the mystery of the anime sort of way. Again, it's a rare anime that does this for me, but a few do. A few have such great mysteries in them that I can't help but to watch and re-watch parts of them to try to unearth clues that can help solve mysteries.


So these are basically the main reasons why I recently find myself re-watching anime a lot more than I used to.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 00:46   Link #30
Flower
Purrrfectly cuddly! ^^
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Yamoto, Akiba, Log Horizon Guild Hall, Kitchen


Well ... I usually utterly FAIL when it comes to detective work in any artistic media whatsoever, and I fail dramatically (a recent memorable debacle of mine was actually on the Ano Hana series). So while there is an aspect that enjoys ... erm ... failing in this way it is not a major consideration for me in re-watching.

But I totally relate to the "fun factor" you describe ... for me that falls into the area of "less serious" re-watch material (Saki, Angelic Layer and, yes, Yumeiro Patissiere, for example).

For me, though, other big "fun factors" (if you could apply it as such for the area of "more serious" re-watch material would be:

- Re-exposing myself to something I consider extremely beautiful or moving. A recent example of this for me is Yune's singing in Ikoku Meiro ep 4.5, or the Kowareke no Orgel OVA, while a "less recent" example would be the Clannad: After Story sequence of Tomoya's accepting and parenting Ushio.

- Re-exposing myself to something I consider to be a very deep and accurate portrayal of an aspect of reality. It is almost as if I "roll my tongue around the taste" of an ep or series to savor it because it is SO WELL DONE. Again, two recent examples of this series wise would be Usagi Drop and Ikoku Meiro, and a less recent example for would be the narrative of Taeko from the Ghibli movie "Only Yesterday".
__________________

Last edited by Flower; 2011-09-13 at 01:01. Reason: I fail at grammar and proofreading too.... -_-
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 10:02   Link #31
Tempester
AS's "Love Live!" Fanatic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Listening to "SENTIMENTAL StepS" on repeat
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito_Kinomoto View Post
To me, continuously pushing forward is only a good thing as it constantly brings a candidate to overthrow a favorite; we all want to see something better, don't we? Hell, I'm only 99.9% sure Time of Eve is going to stay at the top for me because I don't want to settle into a mindset that I've already seen the best.

Complacency is the natural enemy of progress.
Ironically, that same kind of thinking has led me to the exact opposite conclusion. I can't remember the last time I've rewatched a TV anime (it must have been over a year), but I've lately felt a strong desire to go through old favorites of mine and rewatch them. This is because I want to reevaluate these anime.

For instance, I gave Death Note a 9/10 rating on my anime list. I watched the anime in 2007, 4 years ago, when I was still in the process of breaking out of merely watching shounen fighting series and Ghibli films. The Death Note anime, being animated by Madhouse and directed by Tetsurou Araki, was an intense and very different experience for me and increased my standards in anime. At that time, it was the best anime I had seen, full stop. Although it has lost that distinction, the anime's extremely high score bothers me now. Since it's been a while, I've mostly forgotten why I liked the anime so much and I am very skeptical about it holding up to masterpieces I've seen more recently such as Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Gunbuster, Toradora, Monster, and the Bokurano manga. So I plan to eventually rewatch Death Note to find out if I really like it now as much as I did back then. Then my rating for it can look more honest to me.

I also plan to do this with other anime such as Neon Genesis Evangelion, Darker than Black, Gurren Lagann, Metropolis, Kanon, and Air. After reevaluating them, it'll be easier for me to know just what my ratings for anime mean in terms of enjoyment, and thus it'll be easier to assign an appropriate rating for future anime I complete.
__________________
MyAnimeList
- - - - -
Visual novel list
- - - - -
Recently completed anime:
Zettai Shougeki: Platonic Heart
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (1993 OVA)
Girls und Panzer: Kore ga Hontou no Anzio-sen Desu!
Sakura Trick
Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season
Selector Infected WIXOSS
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 10:59   Link #32
calorie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tannhäuser Gate
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Ironically, that same kind of thinking has led me to the exact opposite conclusion. I can't remember the last time I've rewatched a TV anime (it must have been over a year), but I've lately felt a strong desire to go through old favorites of mine and rewatch them. This is because I want to reevaluate these anime.

For instance, I gave Death Note a 9/10 rating on my anime list. I watched the anime in 2007, 4 years ago, when I was still in the process of breaking out of merely watching shounen fighting series and Ghibli films. The Death Note anime, being animated by Madhouse and directed by Tetsurou Araki, was an intense and very different experience for me and increased my standards in anime. At that time, it was the best anime I had seen, full stop. Although it has lost that distinction, the anime's extremely high score bothers me now. Since it's been a while, I've mostly forgotten why I liked the anime so much and I am very skeptical about it holding up to masterpieces I've seen more recently such as Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Gunbuster, Toradora, Monster, and the Bokurano manga. So I plan to eventually rewatch Death Note to find out if I really like it now as much as I did back then. Then my rating for it can look more honest to me.

I also plan to do this with other anime such as Neon Genesis Evangelion, Darker than Black, Gurren Lagann, Metropolis, Kanon, and Air. After reevaluating them, it'll be easier for me to know just what my ratings for anime mean in terms of enjoyment, and thus it'll be easier to assign an appropriate rating for future anime I complete.
I remember being irked by this same question for a long time. Is my favorite anime, which I rated so highly, really as good as I had thought or is it simply that I got overhyped about the first above average anime I had stumbled across? Of course, this conundrum kept popping up in my head as time went on over and over again, every time I watched something spectacular.

After a while though, I started to wonder - would a japanese anime fan/otaku who doesn't know about websites like MAL or AS ever wonder about these ratings and reviews and whatnot? From what I've gathered, the western anime fans tend to express their fandom more by going about these ratings, than say collecting figurines and other merchandise. I could be wrong here, I know they use 2ch for debating/flaming but I haven't heard of any MAL equivalents. And indeed, during the period where I'd stopped worrying about how I would rate an anime altogether (and logging the stuff I've watched), I noticed an increased urge to express my love for an anime or a character in some other way.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is why bother with the ratings at all? Of course you'll have a different perspective on your favorites the more animes you see, especially if this hasn't been your hobby from an early age. While there are some wonderful animes out there, which can be considered works of art, I consider the whole medium to be, after all, inferior to real literature or movies (unless the anime is the only form of entertainment you've encountered), and something that should be enjoyed in a different way. Thus there might not be a great many anime series or movies that can be judged with complete objectivity without reducing their quality in the critic's eyes and eventually equating it with a lot of other ones if you were to go by pure artistic value.

I don't fuss with the ratings too much and instead just go by my gut feel and I have yet to forget how much I enjoyed something. The online community is huge and while I may not be terrible, there are quite enough better reviewers and critics out there so why bother with this re-watching for re-evaluation? I have only found this to decrease my love for anime.

Might be going off on a tangent here, but I think these two "phenomena" could be related.
calorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 12:46   Link #33
Tempester
AS's "Love Live!" Fanatic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Listening to "SENTIMENTAL StepS" on repeat
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by calorie View Post
After a while though, I started to wonder - would a japanese anime fan/otaku who doesn't know about websites like MAL or AS ever wonder about these ratings and reviews and whatnot? From what I've gathered, the western anime fans tend to express their fandom more by going about these ratings, than say collecting figurines and other merchandise. I could be wrong here, I know they use 2ch for debating/flaming but I haven't heard of any MAL equivalents. And indeed, during the period where I'd stopped worrying about how I would rate an anime altogether (and logging the stuff I've watched), I noticed an increased urge to express my love for an anime or a character in some other way.
But I'm not in any position to buy a lot of merchandise, especially with how overpriced most of them get due to marketers trying to get the most out of a niche market, which may be profitable for them but turns off people like me who want to support a product they like but can't afford absurd outrageous prices.

Let's just leave it at that. If you wish to talk about supporting anime, PM me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calorie View Post
Basically, what I'm trying to say is why bother with the ratings at all? Of course you'll have a different perspective on your favorites the more animes you see, especially if this hasn't been your hobby from an early age. While there are some wonderful animes out there, which can be considered works of art, I consider the whole medium to be, after all, inferior to real literature or movies (unless the anime is the only form of entertainment you've encountered), and something that should be enjoyed in a different way. Thus there might not be a great many anime series or movies that can be judged with complete objectivity without reducing their quality in the critic's eyes and eventually equating it with a lot of other ones if you were to go by pure artistic value.

I don't fuss with the ratings too much and instead just go by my gut feel and I have yet to forget how much I enjoyed something. The online community is huge and while I may not be terrible, there are quite enough better reviewers and critics out there so why bother with this re-watching for re-evaluation? I have only found this to decrease my love for anime.

Might be going off on a tangent here, but I think these two "phenomena" could be related.
It's true that my passion for anime may be deflated by a critical mentality. But thinking hard about how well an anime stands in comparison with others helps me fully understand my own opinion about that anime. In other words, it helps me organize my thoughts, which is a paramount skill for writers. And I still enjoy anime immensely.

I respect your method of simply enjoying an anime and not over-thinking it, and I actually follow that method with mediums that I'm inexperienced with (like literature and games).

Quote:
Originally Posted by calorie View Post
Thus there might not be a great many anime series or movies that can be judged with complete objectivity without reducing their quality in the critic's eyes and eventually equating it with a lot of other ones if you were to go by pure artistic value.
I don't judge anime objectively in the least. I judge them on how much I enjoyed them, and the qualities that influenced my enjoyment of them. That is all.
__________________
MyAnimeList
- - - - -
Visual novel list
- - - - -
Recently completed anime:
Zettai Shougeki: Platonic Heart
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (1993 OVA)
Girls und Panzer: Kore ga Hontou no Anzio-sen Desu!
Sakura Trick
Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season
Selector Infected WIXOSS
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 14:17   Link #34
calorie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tannhäuser Gate
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
But I'm not in any position to buy a lot of merchandise, especially with how overpriced most of them get due to marketers trying to get the most out of a niche market, which may be profitable for them but turns off people like me who want to support a product they like but can't afford absurd outrageous prices.

Let's just leave it at that. If you wish to talk about supporting anime, PM me.
Sadly, neither am I. That was just me making a point based on my understanding of how things work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
It's true that my passion for anime may be deflated by a critical mentality. But thinking hard about how well an anime stands in comparison with others helps me fully understand my own opinion about that anime. In other words, it helps me organize my thoughts, which is a paramount skill for writers. And I still enjoy anime immensely.
Well, if you're a writer I suppose that would make more sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
I respect your method of simply enjoying an anime and not over-thinking it, and I actually follow that method with mediums that I'm inexperienced with (like literature and games).
It's not really that I don't over-think it; I do like to analyze to motifs and extract a possible message, meaning or recognize the artistic value. I also like to debate (with someone else or myself ) on these almost excessively, sometimes overlooking the technical aspects and facts crucial to understanding the anime the way it was meant to because I was too focused on finding some deeper meaning.

Rating animes is something I do too. I just recognize the scale as flawed and wouldn't want to tickle my OCD by over-analyzing the already subjective ratings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
I don't judge anime objectively in the least. I judge them on how much I enjoyed them, and the qualities that influenced my enjoyment of them. That is all.
Okeydoke

Though I'm not really that much against all this as it might appear from my posts...
calorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 01:36   Link #35
Akito Kinomoto
木之本 慊人
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Age: 23
If nothing else, rewatching anime will simply place it through the test of time. If the feeling you experienced on your first watch hasn't subsided, it's probably doing something right. And while it might be disconcerting to have a favorite lose its rank, a Cinderella story might show up from stuff you've neglected and ends up becoming better than you initially gave it credit for.
__________________
My MALLet's do a head count here. We've got a ruthless spearman, a girl with a thousand muskets, a near-psycho fighting for love, and a deity who lives up to her status. You've managed to piss them all off. When they come, and they will, they're coming for you

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ I have an army

We have a Goddess
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 21:46   Link #36
Flower
Purrrfectly cuddly! ^^
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Yamoto, Akiba, Log Horizon Guild Hall, Kitchen
Very interesting ... I began re-watching Ano Hana and Gosick recently and this time around it worked out fine. No problem, and I was able to enjoy them again. Especially the first one. Seems that a decent amount of time needed to pass by for me to enjoy them again.

Hafta admit that I wept throughout the Ano Hana eps again, though....
__________________
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.