AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2011-09-13, 09:18   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 555 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

It's a new week, so that means new Naruto spoilers...which have been released very early...

Quote:
-Bijuu Bomb fails (Naruto still can't perform the technique in human form).

-Naruto uses Senjutsu to out-maneuver the Raikage, and then he uses the Raikage's own attack against him, defeating the unstoppable (if really silly) Kage...

-Meanwhile, Gaara is being knocked around by the last Zombie Kage…

Last edited by james0246; 2011-09-13 at 09:28.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 09:21   Link #2
Tactics
Oath Sign

What makes this chapter so surprising :

Spoiler for Chapter 555:
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 09:26   Link #3
james0246

It was nice that Naruto developed a plan to defeat the Raikage (it was a good plan too...though the cue for the weakness was kind of silly)...but it is shitty that this Naruto isn't a clone (as many suspected). I guess Itachi's words went in one ear and quickly exited the other...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 10:13   Link #4
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

I fail to see how Naruto isn't heeding Itachi's advice. He used teamwork to help seal the Tsuchikage, and he relied on advice and saves from both the rubber ninja and the Hachibi this entire fight. Just about the only person we've seen Naruto not rely on to some degree since Itachi's speech is Temari. And let's face it: Kishi has never liked women doing anything useful.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 10:56   Link #5
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
I fail to see how Naruto isn't heeding Itachi's advice. He used teamwork to help seal the Tsuchikage, and he relied on advice and saves from both the rubber ninja and the Hachibi this entire fight. Just about the only person we've seen Naruto not rely on to some degree since Itachi's speech is Temari. And let's face it: Kishi has never liked women doing anything useful.
in this chapter maybe. but in the previous chapters right after the itachi lecture no.

Quote:
Naruto defeat Raikage by using his Sage Mode instead of Bijuu-dama like everyone expected from him.
It's good to see Naruto use his brain to taking advantage from Raikage's finger rather than spamming his new mode carelessly.

Gaara vs Mizukage. Sand vs Water.
Will B and Hachibi come for an epic rescue ?
i agree. this was a good chapter, much better than the previous ones.

sand vs. water spells trouble for gaara. but i'd rather that no one rescue him, i'd like him to finish off his opponent by himself or with the help of oonoki. no more rescuing please. i'd like to see some more teamwork instead.
Old 2011-09-13, 12:13   Link #6
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Nice to see Naruto using Sage Mode again atleast.

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 12:15   Link #7
mrShady

Huh no clone, what happened to them?

Anyway cool enough chapter and no wonder the raikage never mentioned it:P
Next week looks great, let's hope it is:P.
And Kabuto once again underestimated Naruto, it's starting to bore me a bit. Also why was Bee taking a piss and Naruto just going on ahead. A piss should only take a couple of minutes he should be able to wait that long.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 12:41   Link #8
yakumo-chan

I thought the one fighting the raikage was a clone of Naruto.....
Because as far as I remember, Naruto was always with bee right?
Im kinda confused right now hahaha
Old 2011-09-13, 12:46   Link #9
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
That's the usual bullshit, the guy calls the zombie raikage-sama, he is just hyping up his beloved raikage, you talk about that as if that random guy knows anything about the FRS's power compared to the what he has seen until now.
He doesn't even need to know anything about the FRS, all he needs to know is that the Raikage's body is strong enough to withstand just about any jutsu, not to mention they both just witnessed the Raikage's body withstanding the FRS. And, you're saying he "compared to what he has seen until now" as if that cloud ninja has no knowledge of a technique as strong as or stronger than FRS, when he actually does(at least 1 for sure), the Raikage's lightning sword, which just achieved in this chapter, what the FRS failed at doing last chapter.

Returning to the original point, there was no reason for you to claim the Raikage's body regenerated via Edo Tensei off camera, unless you just wanted to be in denial that he withstood Naruto's FRS. Despite it being clearly stated, you chose to call it "bullshit" because you didn't like the outcome. After reading this chapter, hopefully you can finally accept the facts.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 12:59   Link #10
Neji112

Well this is a much better application of Itachi's teaching. Every technique has a weak point. Personally I much prefer Naruto in sage mode than Kyuubi mode so I'm glad it's not forgotten. It's also good that the Naruto didn't waste the tailed bomb this early on so that he can still nuke Sasuke at the end.

Still don't like how physically strong the Raikage is...a double KO with a Bijuu? All these non-host characters with bijuu level chakra just feels a little contrived.
Neji112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 13:02   Link #11
Shay
Monarch Programmer

If a normal Rasengan is able to manipulate the Raikages arm in such a way, then surely an FRS would have twisted his entire body and bones into an unimaginable state, which would have caused multiple self-inflicted wounds, no?
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 13:09   Link #12
LazyHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay View Post
If a normal Rasengan is able to manipulate the Raikages arm in such a way, then surely an FRS would have twisted his entire body and bones into an unimaginable state, which would have caused multiple self-inflicted wounds, no?
The only explanation I can think for that is that maybe when the Raikage uses his finger of doom he focuses his lightning chakra on the finger thus weakening his overrall armor. Conclusion: He got the Ultimate Shield and the Ultimate Spear, but can't do both at the same time.

Even so the Third Raikage was a beast. It explains a lot about his son.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 13:42   Link #13
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Commando View Post
He doesn't even need to know anything about the FRS, all he needs to know is that the Raikage's body is strong enough to withstand just about any jutsu, not to mention they both just witnessed the Raikage's body withstanding the FRS. And, you're saying he "compared to what he has seen until now" as if that cloud ninja has no knowledge of a technique as strong as or stronger than FRS, when he actually does(at least 1 for sure), the Raikage's lightning sword, which just achieved in this chapter, what the FRS failed at doing last chapter.

Returning to the original point, there was no reason for you to claim the Raikage's body regenerated via Edo Tensei off camera, unless you just wanted to be in denial that he withstood Naruto's FRS. Despite it being clearly stated, you chose to call it "bullshit" because you didn't like the outcome. After reading this chapter, hopefully you can finally accept the facts.
Wow, you answer in a new thread, didn't see this coming

Anyway, it still seems wrong that an ultimate lighting attack can defeat it but ultimate wind cannot. So much for the wind beats lighting

But i was not "in denial" i just called this a minor plot hole, which is a usual thing in this manga (and of course any other manga/anime/movie). In most cases i end up defending the author's decision even if it's some minor or even major plot hole, but this time i think the whole elemental explanation was somewhat broken. I'm not saying the author couldn't have explained it, for example the raikage's lighting is a sword-like thing compared to Naruto's wind sphere-like thing, where obviously a sword can cut while a sphere cannot cut because the energy is distributed on a much larger surface of the body it hits. So with this i can defend the author's story.

You telling that the rubber guy knows all jutsu is simply wrong, it has been wrong so many times, when a ninja thinks he knows everything it is time for his opponent to pull out a jutsu that he never thought of. Rubber guy has never seen an amaterasu sword or Itachi's soul sealing sword, both of these can most likely defeat this raikage's defense easily. And just to repeat myself, the rubber guy has no clue how the rasenshuriken works, Tsunade had to analyze Kakuzu's body to discover the cell level destruction effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay View Post
Naruto was pushing that rasengan with his full strength in sage mode, probably the rasengan was used only because he would be electrocuted if he used his bare hands.

BTW the situation with the demon chakra ball is very similar to the rasenshuriken situation, it could be that he needs sage mode to complete it. I just wonder when will Naruto have enough time to learn to combine kyuubi mode and sage mode, it seems that he needs that to beat Sasuke.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 13:43   Link #14
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
in this chapter maybe. but in the previous chapters right after the itachi lecture no.
Something other than these two fights has happened since Itachi's lecture?

Anyway, I'm really glad we got to see Naruto in Sage mode. I was worried that Kishi had decided to just forget it and have Naruto always fight in his Kyuubi cloak from now on. I used to want the two modes to be used concurrently, but now I think I might be much more satisfied if Naruto instead learns how to switch between the two strategically during fights.
Old 2011-09-13, 14:08   Link #15
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
The only explanation I can think for that is that maybe when the Raikage uses his finger of doom he focuses his lightning chakra on the finger thus weakening his overrall armor. Conclusion: He got the Ultimate Shield and the Ultimate Spear, but can't do both at the same time.

Even so the Third Raikage was a beast. It explains a lot about his son.
so the sayings that "The Raikage's Physical Body is Strong" was False right?

so which means, why is it that the Rasenshuriken didnt defeat raikage's Lightning armor? I thought Lightning's weakness was Wind?
Old 2011-09-13, 14:19   Link #16
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

So is that Naruto a clone or not? Or are those chapters with Itachi just an illusion?

DOCKING MODE~
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 14:28   Link #17
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
so the sayings that "The Raikage's Physical Body is Strong" was False right?
No, that was and still is the story. His body was so tough that only his own super-focused piercing ninjutsu could stab through it.

Quote:
so which means, why is it that the Rasenshuriken didnt defeat raikage's Lightning armor? I thought Lightning's weakness was Wind?
It did defeat his lightning armor. We saw it gone in the next panel. It did not defeat his skin. That was not a man who moisturized. :x
Old 2011-09-13, 17:50   Link #18
haegar
mangaviking

meh chap. so naruto has to use kyubi mode to dodge raikage junior and he takes two attempts to get it right - and then sage mode does it for hax dad? BS!!! the idea of using the rasengan to protect himself from the charge and the part of raikage injuring himself are ok - but dodgin like that in sage mode, against THIS GUY? It's like kishi focused on lightning finger and lightning armor so hard he totally forgot about lightning speed ... smh.

and yeah, gaara better do this without help indeed ...
Old 2011-09-13, 18:22   Link #19
ChronoReverse

There's a difference here you know.

Naruto was trying to fully outspeed Raikage and get past him before.

Here he only has to evade the hit and perform a counter.

The former requires true speed while the latter is much more dependent on reaction times (which Naruto specifically says is better in Sage Mode).
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 18:32   Link #20
haegar
mangaviking

whether getting past or just dodging move, either way, he has to top the opponents speed. but you'r right, I forgot sage mode reaction was stated to be faster ...

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion