AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2011-09-14, 14:08   Link #41
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neji112 View Post
With the talk of strongest shields, I wonder if zombie Kimimaro is still kicking. Technically he was pretty powerful and he had zombie Chiyo with him as well. A Garaa match up with him would have been more entertaining to me than the Mizukage.
Yeah, I'm really looking forward for their fight too. The last time, Gaara survived Kimimaro only by luck. If only Kimimaro wasn't dying back then, Gaara would've been dead or severely injured if we still count the factor that Shuukaku (or Gaara's mother, like what's revealed recently) was protecting him. Since Kimimaro is zombified, he can live up to his true potential now. His 'flower-dance techniques' rocks. Still, Lee can fight him again with his drunken fist.

Zombie Chiyo... not so much. If memory serve me right, she even lost to Sasori, right? We can still expect some advice from her though.
Old 2011-09-14, 15:02   Link #42
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Well that was fun. That's our Naruto I guess; nearly losing his life by accidentaly swallowing a chicken bone one moment, then countering an attack in such a way the opponent has a genuine "Stop hitting yourself" moment. The chapter was good and its nice to see Kishimoto hyping up Naruto's Bijuu Dama for future use. Calling it now, that will be the only attack to demolish Sasuke's Susano-O.
Old 2011-09-14, 17:32   Link #43
HiddenMessage
HuH~?

^^
I always pictured Naruto's FRS being the one to rip Susano'o's layers off like when Danzo's wind vacuum tore a hole in Susano'o's back exposing the frighten kid we all like/dislike. >.<
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 20:21   Link #44
yogotah

Man these raikages are not joke. It was nice to see Naruto use his head for once, but still for that Raikage to be that strong without any demon powers...well I guess there really are some scary ninjas out there.

Can't wait for Sasuke. No Homo.
yogotah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 07:59   Link #45
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post
Naruto: I think the ninja with the strongest shield is Gaara.

Wrong again Naruto, wrong again
its the strongest shield that naruto has seen and hes not wrong, so far we have seen it protect him automatically. When sasuke used Amaterasu on him he didnt move and the sand did protect him from it.

but its safe to say sasuke has the best shield....but as readers we know that, but for naruto the character he doesnt because he has not seen it for himself.
Old 2011-09-16, 09:14   Link #46
Neji112

Naruto has seen Itachi's Susanoo, which combined with the one-shot sword and the mirror is the strongest sword & shield combo. Sasuke does have a pretty strong plot shield, which if you combine with his new version of Susanoo might allow him to wrestle that title away.
Neji112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 09:15   Link #47
Masuzu
« 勝利のため »
*Author

Wait, when did Sasuke's shield get better than Itachi's?
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 02:58   Link #48
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

The sage has the best shield. He's the only one who died of old age.

DOCKING MODE~
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 05:37   Link #49
Ushio the Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo View Post
its the strongest shield that naruto has seen and hes not wrong, so far we have seen it protect him automatically. When sasuke used Amaterasu on him he didnt move and the sand did protect him from it.

but its safe to say sasuke has the best shield....but as readers we know that, but for naruto the character he doesnt because he has not seen it for himself.

I thought when Naruto said that Gaara has the strongest shield he was referring to the fact that Gaara's shield is able to protect others as well as himself (blocking Deidara's C3 and protecting his entire village).
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 09:52   Link #50
Tactics
Oath Sign

Naruto referring Gaara's shield as the strongest shield based on his experience during Chuunin Exams arc.

The true strongest shield as the story progressed is Itachi's Susanoo.
Which is definitely caused by it's Yata no Kagami. I don't know how about Sasuke's Susanoo.

However, personally I think Gaara's shield is indeed the strongest shield.
Compare to the others, Gaara's shield is a natural shield, as the source is also based on earth itself.
Unlike another shield which required hand seals, or great cost like Susanoo.
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 11:29   Link #51
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Depends on what you mean by strongest. Gaara's shield is strongest in the sense that it is automatic and still very strong. Other shields thus far, as mentioned by Tactics require activation and in some cases costly side effects or exhaustion.

If you are talking about being able to negate the most damage, it would probably be Susanoo though the lightning shield + body of Raikage seems to be a match. Wonder where the spinning ki shield that Neiji uses would stand though that would really depend on the user.

There might also be some 1-directional shields (sort of like the wall summon that Orichimaru used) that could be even stronger but not a whole body/all directional one.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 11:39   Link #52
james0246

You people are thinking too literally. Naruto's all about emotions, so saying Gaara has the strongest shield is an obvious indicator toward Gaara's emotional disposition and resolute nature. Etc.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 11:44   Link #53
Tactics
Oath Sign

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
You people are thinking too literally. Naruto's all about emotions, so saying Gaara has the strongest shield is an obvious indicator toward Gaara's emotional disposition and resolute nature. Etc.
Got an idea to deflect Raikage's Nukite is surely a proof for "all about emotions" ...

Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 21:29   Link #54
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
And you're thinking too emotionally. Naruto's a manga, saying Gaara has the strongest shield is an obvious hype going both ways, first for the Mizukage who's shown destroying it easily and then for Gaara when he will eventually prevail.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 21:37   Link #55
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
And you are all thinking too much.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 13:17   Link #56
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
And you're thinking too emotionally. Naruto's a manga, saying Gaara has the strongest shield is an obvious hype going both ways, first for the Mizukage who's shown destroying it easily and then for Gaara when he will eventually prevail.
And he will prevail because he is emotional strong enough (resolute) that even if his physical shield fails, his indomitable will will succeed. Or some such nonsense.

Honestly, Naruto's comment is, more or less, a regurgitation of the Old-Guy-Samurai's line about the "sharpness" of Hanzou's blade.
Old 2011-09-20, 18:17   Link #57
ntherblast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenMessage View Post
^^
I always pictured Naruto's FRS being the one to rip Susano'o's layers off like when Danzo's wind vacuum tore a hole in Susano'o's back exposing the frighten kid we all like/dislike. >.<
you are the one who dislikes him don't say everyone. I couldn't care less about saucegay or rasengan/bushin spam naruto. It is a shame that side characters like rock lee get almost no show time/ Hell even a few chapters ago the girl with the fan forgot her name didn't do jack cause of naruto intervening
ntherblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 22:11   Link #58
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
You mean, Gaara has the strongest defense against Naruto's emo-attacks?
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 02:34   Link #59
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntherblast View Post
Hell even a few chapters ago the girl with the fan forgot her name didn't do jack cause of naruto intervening
She tried hard, with the help of an entire army, and she failed. Then came Naruto and told her to go back in the kitchen while he takes care of business
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 07:06   Link #60
james0246

Chapter 556 Discussion thread has been opened. Please move all relevant discussions to the new thread.

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion