AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2011-09-14, 14:00   Link #41
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Really? So Ichigo NEVER got a power-up nearly every fight and Aizen didn't get like 5 or 6 power-ups in a few chapters?

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 14:24   Link #42
Haak
F**k my life...

Let's not do this...

I mean he already specifically said he didn't want to argue.
Old 2011-09-14, 14:34   Link #43
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

If he didn't want to argue anymore than he wouldn't have made the last remark.

However I will stop, just felt like mentioning the series of Bleach Power-ups.

Old 2011-09-14, 15:07   Link #44
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Huh, guess the Video Game Fullbringer never heard of Phoenix Downs for poor Giriko? Meh, not like it would help. Kenny's sword kinda kills you deader-than-dead so perhaps its for the best...

-That aside, I loved Rukia's face and Byakuya's speech. And Yachiru was always fun to see.
Old 2011-09-14, 15:59   Link #45
JustRob

I don't see why they keep bringing Yachiru, it's an underdeveloped character whose sword we've never seen and we never seen fighting. She exists purely for comic relief and in battle scenes she's nothing but a waste of space imo.

No, scaring some messenger dude away with your kitteh shaped reiatsu does not count as fighting.
Old 2011-09-14, 17:23   Link #46
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
I don't see why they keep bringing Yachiru, it's an underdeveloped character whose sword we've never seen and we never seen fighting. She exists purely for comic relief and in battle scenes she's nothing but a waste of space imo.

No, scaring some messenger dude away with your kitteh shaped reiatsu does not count as fighting.
Matter of opinion, bro. Some like her (like me), some don't...so what?

Old 2011-09-14, 17:29   Link #47
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
he must hate kon too =\
Old 2011-09-14, 17:33   Link #48
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
he must hate kon too =\
Everyone hates Kon. Even Kon hates Kon.

Old 2011-09-14, 17:56   Link #49
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Well... I like him .........*flees*

Old 2011-09-14, 18:12   Link #50
kitten320

Why are you guys comparing Bleach and FT? They have totally different styles! Though if FT will keep Natsu kicking all main bosses asses, it sure will drop... as well as invincible Erza who I do like but author does over do it sometimes...

And comparing sales is a bit stupid because Bleach used to be at the top way before FT even appeared. Give it some more time and if Kubo keeps it up like this, FT surely will over jump it in ratings.
Old 2011-09-14, 19:26   Link #51
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ

Quote:
Though if FT will keep Natsu kicking all main bosses asses, it sure will drop... as well as invincible Erza who I do like but author does over do it sometimes...
...I thought that's what they did in the last few arc?

I think this chapter is nice. I thought the chapter will end after Ginjou was preparing for strike, but then it continue on until Tsukishima vs Byakuya

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 19:37   Link #52
Makender
Varsity Slacker

I can only lament that Tsukishima didn't fight Kenpachi. Am I the only one who can imagine the kind of mind games Kenpachi would need to overcome to beat Tsukishima? Would've certainly been a whole lot more interesting than seeing Kenpachi be bored. Guess Ken needed a break from another uphill battle. Although I'm sure he would disagree.

Makender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 19:37   Link #53
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
...I thought that's what they did in the last few arc?
It mostly got me in the last arc, before that I took it as given for the starters but now it is over used =/

Everyone else start to pale in the background now just like here.
Old 2011-09-14, 19:50   Link #54
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
And comparing sales is a bit stupid because Bleach used to be at the top way before FT even appeared. Give it some more time and if Kubo keeps it up like this, FT surely will over jump it in ratings.
Comparing Bleach to other series is pointless in general, but anyways, to make things clear...

Fairy Tail already outsells Bleach in Japan. FT was the 5th highest-selling manga there in the first half of 2011, while Bleach was 9th. It's a different story in North America, where Bleach is the 2nd highest selling series after Naruto. Nothing's likely to change that unless FT gets much more exposure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-Huh, guess the Video Game Fullbringer never heard of Phoenix Downs for poor Giriko? Meh, not like it would help. Kenny's sword kinda kills you deader-than-dead so perhaps its for the best...
Speaking of which, fullbringers are living humans so if they get killed do they become spirits or what? If they get killed with a zanpakuto does that mean they automatically move onto SS and don't have to linger as ghosts? Ah, well. We stopped worrying about those type of questions long ago.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 19:57   Link #55
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by toriko View Post
Speaking of which, fullbringers are living humans so if they get killed do they become spirits or what? If they get killed with a zanpakuto does that mean they automatically move onto SS and don't have to linger as ghosts? Ah, well. We stopped worrying about those type of questions long ago.
And there's the added hook... even if they die that actually do have a way of getting back into the story
Old 2011-09-14, 20:16   Link #56
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
And there's the added hook... even if they die that actually do have a way of getting back into the story

If they could make their way out of the slums of the Rukongai, sure why not?

Though Giriko would just get beat down again if he tried to re-challenge Kenpachi...

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 20:18   Link #57
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
-That's the same question I had when zanpakuto were able to cut other shinigami. Before Save Rukia Arc started, I was under the impression that zanpakuto can only cut hollows and cleanse the souls underneath. Then it turns out it cuts shinigami just fine and now it can seemingly cut living humans outside of SS. Then again, like you said, we don't really care anymore and are merely here for the ride.
Old 2011-09-14, 21:23   Link #58
Rahan

Quote:
Comparing Bleach to other series is pointless in general, but anyways, to make things clear...

Fairy Tail already outsells Bleach in Japan. FT was the 5th highest-selling manga there in the first half of 2011, while Bleach was 9th.
That's because Bleach only had 2 volumes out during that window against 3 for FT.
Same way, Naruto was only 3rd

Bleach's average sale per volume is still at a level Fairy Tail never reached. (Bleach's latest volume sold slighty more than 400k copies on its first week while FT was slighty below 300k)
Just check the top selling manga of 2011 per volumes and you'll see the difference between Bleach and Fairy Tail ...

Bleach has more unreleased chapter than Fairy Tail, so by this year or next year, it will end up have one more volumes out than Fairy Tail and then people will wrongly claim Bleach is back to its former glory.

Anyways, this is completely offtopic, but I have nothing to say on the chapter ...

Quote:
Are they living humans ? Ginjou's time was "long ago", yet he appears to be relatively young and no one appeared surprised he was still around. Is he immortal ?
I feel like Kubo is planning to make Ichigo move on permantently to SS on the long run instead of having him live a human life and die a human death.

I also wonder if Fullbring can cleanse souls or if Ginjou was half shinigami ala Ichigo ?
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 21:36   Link #59
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
Quote:
-That's the same question I had when zanpakuto were able to cut other shinigami. Before Save Rukia Arc started, I was under the impression that zanpakuto can only cut hollows and cleanse the souls underneath. Then it turns out it cuts shinigami just fine and now it can seemingly cut living humans outside of SS. Then again, like you said, we don't really care anymore and are merely here for the ride.
Lets not forget that a zanpakuto translates into nothing more than a "soul-cutter sword". So it's probably best to consider it first and foremost as such. Cleansing the souls of hollows seems more of an added effect of a zanpakuto as oppose to it's primary usage if you stop to consider this fact. Now since every single being and all matter within the Bleach universe is composed of a soul, it stands to reason that zanpakuto's can potentially cut through almost anything and anyone.

Now onto my second point. If a human is slayed by a zanpakuto, I think there's a very good possibility that the soul might actually get destroyed (which means it wouldn't go to SS, become a hollow, or go to hell) since a zanpakuto would literally be cutting their soul (along with their physical body). For all we know, that could be among one of the primary reasons why shinigami are absolutely forbidden to kill humans unless specifically ordered to do so. Because the soul would cease to exist. It's a very harsh punishment--one that directly contradicts a shinigami's main duty of protecting humans.

With regards to humans possessing hollow powers who are slayed by zanpakuto's, I'm inclined to assume that their souls would also simply be destroyed since their souls and their very existence itself is considered more human in nature than hollow. But I admit, a lot of what I stated feels like it's backed by nothing more than a lack of evidence rather than the opposite. So I stand open for correction.

Last edited by sayde; 2011-09-14 at 22:10.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 02:32   Link #60
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Despite finding Riruka and Rukia so cute that I had to chuckle....I found the chapter pretty boring

The one thing I did love was the fact that Kubo made liars out of everyone who claimed that he didn't plan anything, by showing proof that this very moment was always in his plan. Both Ishida and Chad had a strange reaction when they first saw the substitute shinigami badge. Chad even mutters to himself that it made it feel uneasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
Was pretty impressed with the effort Kubo put into Hitsu's hair this chap.
I am actually impressed that you actually noticed his hair.
I confess I have the urge to look at his hair just to see what you mean. Which means I actually have to look at him to do that..So I think I will just take your word for it
Quote:
Indeed, I can see her playing "house" with Riruka rather than fighting.
Me too...I found them both really cute. Rukia just might lose the fight due to an overdose of extreme cuteness
Quote:
Byakuya actually laying down logic rather than "I'm better than you, now you die" was a surprise.
This time it's "You're not worthy enough to fight any of us, so you die" which is actually not that much of difference
Quote:
Maybe Ishida is a much better actor than Ginjo (though he did seem kinda genuine with his inner thoughts).
either that, or Tsukishima did bother to activate his powers, because the Shinigami showed up and now he's otherwise engaged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Really? So Ichigo NEVER got a power-up nearly every fight and
No. He usually takes few losses first and even when he does get a power-up. The next guy comes along and dusts his ass right after that...

His power-ups are few and far in-between. Because Kubo likes to break Ichigo and then put him back together again

Quote:
Aizen didn't get like 5 or 6 power-ups in a few chapters?
Yeah he did, but I don't know why that is a complaint. Here is a guy that was stronger than nearly everyone and smarter too and he wasn't satisfied. He said from the very beginning that, he wanted limitless power and he was going to find away to make it happen-- because no matter how powerful he was, there was a limit to how powerful he could be...You didn't think that he eventually he would get a few power-ups? I did and it took him nearly seven years or so to do that, so I don't know why people didn't like that. Although I really think the reason behind a lot of complaints is because he owned their favorites. Aizen's record of pwnage is unmatched by anyone

Quote:
I think Kubo knows he's milked Kenpachi's novelty dry.Maybe he'll come up with something new for him next.
I totally agree. As long as he remains the way his is, his character is stagnate and after awhile it's boring....or even worse, he's just comic relief. Having him racing to the fight, getting lost and missing all the action. Because Kubo would always have to create weak opponents, with a limited arsenal so Zaraki can win. Which only serves to make him look weak not strong

While we're on the subject, I might as well answer a post I saw in last weeks chapter thread yesterday but was too lazy to answer

Quote:

And are you really going to tell me that "bullshit hax kendo move" is more bullshit than half the sudden power-ups we saw from the Ichigo/Ulq fight onward?
Yes. Ichigo didn't have any "sudden" power-ups. Rapid growth, due to actually fighting is a canon ability. It's when he trains and there is no immediate danger, or a person in need of protection that he doesn't level up that much

Also the events were heavily foreshadowed---Ulquiorra stating that Ichigo's highest peak was actually greater than his own. It was just unstable because Ichigo was a new-jack who was actually trying to maintain his sanity, and use a power he couldn't control at the same time. Zaraki just came out of nowhere with two hands an pulled out a win--because he used two hands? Seriously how lame is that. The "Supernatural" was missing from the power. What the hell kind of win was that?
Spoiler for the rest:
For the record, I actually think Noi was a weakling..which makes it even worse. Zaraki looks awesome, his attitude is bad ass. But after that hes boring. He had no release and unless Kubo keeps making him fight uber weaklings, and contrive bullshit ways for him to win.There is no other way he can win.

He has no defense, and he's all offense He has nothing else but reiatsu which is only good, until he meets a guy with more reiatsu than him. Hell he's finished if he meets a guy, who has equal or less reiatsu...and other skills to compensate for what he lacks.

Him not having a Shikai or any other abilities is the reason people say "how can you not have Zaraki in this filler/movie....He's so awesome"

Because the truth is, he is awesome in attitude and that's it. I loved when he said "it's fucking boring" because he's bad ass...but then the realization that he pwned a weakling, AGAIN hits you--then you realize he's not so strong, because all he does is own weaklings. With Yammi he had to have help. from Byakuya and to make matters worse Byakuya basically said he has no chance of winning against anyone else but the weakling...Zaraki seriously needs an upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
LoP actually knows why I agree with him. But since he wants to feign ignorance and pretend he doesn't understand then I'm going to let him and play along.

For you guys, however, I'll explain why:

Spoiler for space:
Spoiler for What are you talking about? :confused::

Last edited by Lord of Pandemonium; 2011-09-15 at 03:00.
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote