AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Old 2012-02-06, 02:50   Link #321
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
And i never read the Takanashi one. We have some scanlations about this ? I'm not sure.
Yes, Japanzai scanlates it, as well as other spin-offs. They've scanlated 2 chapters of Takanashi's one...

Her name is Atarashi Kurumi btw :3
Spoiler for yum~:
Old 2012-02-06, 05:46   Link #322
ShiroiRyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
Spoiler for 1:
But i found that cute, when they all sleep together. :'(

BakAnki : Oh ... I didn't see this one on Japanzai ... XD
Will have to read this.
And she look good ...
Old 2012-02-06, 07:11   Link #323
Lexxus
No you don't

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
Takanashi no Hidamari is about other people on Yuuta's dorm, not Takanashi/Yuri's house ^^
Oh, I see. Thank you for clarification.

Quote:
Yes they went back to Yuri's house in the end of V1 of LN. But back then I only read the translated mangas, and all of the released mangas are still on the timeline of LN V1 since they still live on Yuuta's dorm.
Now that make sense. So all of the translated chapters were still V1 of LN since you said that at the end of the volume 1 they will go to Yuri's house. Also, I read here that Raika will move to another apartment(assuming she was living in an apartment before she move) just to be near Yuuta? I assume, it will be near Yuri's house where she move?

my anime list kuroneko my manga list
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 07:26   Link #324
AlaAlba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
Also, I read here that Raika will move to another apartment(assuming she was living in an apartment before she move) just to be near Yuuta? I assume, it will be near Yuri's house where she move?
Spoiler for den:
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 07:57   Link #325
Lexxus
No you don't

Quote:
Spoiler for den:

Spoiler:

Old 2012-02-06, 09:20   Link #326
AlaAlba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for 1:
Old 2012-02-06, 12:20   Link #327
Okashira
Honos628

Quote:
Spoiler for 1:
Spoiler:

Now, if we are speaking of imaginary settings, I would like for the father to come back alone. If for some reason both the sister and the father came back, or if only the sister came back things would get.... I don't know, too perfect? She gives the impression of being pretty good at rising a family, and thus if she returns pretty much all of the drama, and tribulations and efforts of raising the kids would be gone. However, I feel that the father is useless enough to be there and still keep the drama furthermore they could play on some sort of rivalry between him and Yuuta to see who is better suited to be a dad.
Old 2012-02-06, 17:39   Link #328
Athena
The Power of One

Quit bringing people out of their tombs. Quite a bad habit to do.
Old 2012-02-06, 23:03   Link #329
AlaAlba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Now, if we are speaking of imaginary settings, I would like for the father to come back alone. If for some reason both the sister and the father came back, or if only the sister came back things would get.... I don't know, too perfect? She gives the impression of being pretty good at rising a family, and thus if she returns pretty much all of the drama, and tribulations and efforts of raising the kids would be gone. However, I feel that the father is useless enough to be there and still keep the drama furthermore they could play on some sort of rivalry between him and Yuuta to see who is better suited to be a dad.
You've said it all for me that, but for this kind of story (though I don't really know any other stories with this kind of setting) I think there's real possibility the author would bring the 2 out of nowhere to end the story.
Spoiler for 8:

Any one have read Mayoi neko overrun? It's the author other work, is it any good compared to papa kiki?
Old 2012-02-07, 00:05   Link #330
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Quote:
You've said it all for me that, but for this kind of story (though I don't really know any other stories with this kind of setting) I think there's real possibility the author would bring the 2 out of nowhere to end the story.
Spoiler for 8:

Any one have read Mayoi neko overrun? It's the author other work, is it any good compared to papa kiki?
There's actually a thread of that on here somewhere. Can't say much about the story since no one is talking about it and instead they are complaining about the new artwork which is understandable. It sucks.
Old 2012-02-07, 15:34   Link #331
Flower
Cute as a button! ^^

Question if I may - does the seiyuu neighbor who pops up in ep 5 of the anime show up in the novels too? Or is she an "anime original"?
Flower is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 16:14   Link #332
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
The dense-o-meter still isn't enough high to reach that level.
then it mean no one ever learn another existence called Senou Natsuru that so dense to understand what another person want even when most Beautiful girl in his school Ride him in Nude on the bed(Shizuku Sangou)
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 16:20   Link #333
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i have been wondering, wich is closer to the feel of the LN the anime having a more dramatic approach, or the manga beign more comedic?
Old 2012-02-07, 16:49   Link #334
Undertaker

My take has being manga, the tone in the LN has never gave be a serious feel to it. Not to say it doesn't have it's dramatic moment, but the series never have a really series tone in it.

Personally I like that considering that in real life most people moves on. With that being said, there are point in LN that become melodramatic and forced but overall it's a fairly lighthearted series.
Old 2012-02-07, 17:47   Link #335
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Question if I may - does the seiyuu neighbor who pops up in ep 5 of the anime show up in the novels too? Or is she an "anime original"?
I don't remember her. Anyways, from V2 onwards,, they live in the big house, so the neighbor doesn't appear anymore, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
then it mean no one ever learn another existence called Senou Natsuru that so dense to understand what another person want even when most Beautiful girl in his school Ride him in Nude on the bed(Shizuku Sangou)
That's because this guy has stayed too much in his female form.
Old 2012-02-07, 20:34   Link #336
Lexxus
No you don't

Oh. I hope they won't bring them back. I'm not really a fan of bringing back the dead.

Old 2012-02-07, 21:17   Link #337
larethian

The anime is full of fillers. When the 'seiyuu' came to their house, everyone on NicoNico just went 'dare'? And they glossed over the introduction of Hanamura, who has a very awesome Imouto.
Old 2012-02-07, 22:19   Link #338
AlaAlba

^ lol, lare you watch it on niconico Not that full of fillers I think, the only character that appear in manga but not in novel I can only think of is that seiyuu.
Old 2012-02-07, 22:25   Link #339
Okashira
Honos628

Quote:
^ lol, lare you watch it on niconico Not that full of fillers I think, the only character that appear in manga but not in novel I can only think of is that seiyuu.

It is filled with fillers. In 5 chapters they could have wrapped up LN volume 1 and have 1 chapter or a little more of LN volume 2. Right now we are like, in the middle of LN volume 1 content wise?

Someone in this very same tread (I think that it was bakani) made the prediction that they where going to finish the series with the end of LN volume 1... And as of now, that seems to be the case, the problem is that things are going to flow at road slug pace so that nothing besides LN vol 1 and some material of the spin offs gets covered.
Old 2012-02-07, 23:02   Link #340
Flower
Cute as a button! ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
It is filled with fillers. In 5 chapters they could have wrapped up LN volume 1 and have 1 chapter or a little more of LN volume 2. Right now we are like, in the middle of LN volume 1 content wise?

Someone in this very same tread (I think that it was bakani) made the prediction that they where going to finish the series with the end of LN volume 1... And as of now, that seems to be the case, the problem is that things are going to flow at road slug pace so that nothing besides LN vol 1 and some material of the spin offs gets covered.
Hmm ... you don't like the adaptation so far then, I assume? I also guess from what you are saying that you have read (at least some) of the original LN source material too?

For me, though, who has only read one of the manga adaptations and a little of the Vol. 1 eng trans over on Baka-tsuki the pace and material they have shown thus far is fine. I am enjoying the slow detail and unraveling of the storyline. Even the material that has been "filler" (or "anime original", if you will) has not bothered me.

Still, I have had similar experiences with light novel or manga adaptations such as you are describing and can relate some to where you are coming from - and please be assured that I am in no way saying that where you are coming from is "wrong" or whatever! You just enjoy the material and want it to get through the story, and possibly the good parts, that you have enjoyed - or something similar to that effect? Nothing wrong with that at all.

But not all the viewers are in the same boat, of course. Some (like me) were completely ignorant of the source material and so have no "standards" for what the series' pace should be. There are a wide variety of methods of adaptation:
Spoiler for Some methods that immediately jump to mind:

All that aside the point is that the producers have to take SOME kind of approach and some will not like it. Kinda the problem with adaptations to begin with I guess.

Anyhoo ... I guess the point I am making is that perhaps the producers thought that the approach they are taking would be more effective overall. For me it has been, and since I am unfamiliar with the source material that may be a hint to why they took the approach they did - i.e. to appeal to folks in a similar boat as I am. Then again, the series is far from over ... maybe when it is over the choices made now that seem poor and ineffective will show their "reason" later on and/or in an "overall" POV?

Man - another rambling thinking out loud post from me on this general subject today ... I wonder if it's the weather?
Flower is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, sd bunko, shounen