AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-18, 14:58   Link #401
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
^At least she eventually got her own 2D OP. And it was glorious.

New preview is up: http://www.nisemonogatari-anime.com/story/story03.html

Still no sign of Tsubasa.
omg haircuts.
Old 2012-01-19, 02:32   Link #402
AP24

Found this: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=391241
Looks like it may be true that all the monogatari light novels after Nisemonogatari will be adapted into anime. My guess is:

-One project will be a one-cour series that covers Nekomonogatari (2 volumes).
-Another project will be a two-cour series covering the second saga (5 volumes, consists of Kabukimonogatari, Hanamonogatari, Otorimonogatari, Onimonogatari and Koimonogatari).
-Not sure about how the final saga (the last 3 volumes) will be.
-If there is any remaining, other projects will probably be about Nisio Isin's works other than the monogatari series.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 02:40   Link #403
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I think the person reporting on the article in the other forum may be stretching it a little. It looks to me like it's just saying again (or this is the original source) that he'd like to animate all the novels up to the last. Of course, as we said before, what else is he going to say when the anime is as successful as it has been.
Old 2012-01-19, 03:05   Link #404
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Found this: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=391241
Looks like it may be true that all the monogatari light novels after Nisemonogatari will be adapted into anime. My guess is:

-One project will be a one-cour series that covers Nekomonogatari (2 volumes).
-Another project will be a two-cour series covering the second saga (5 volumes, consists of Kabukimonogatari, Hanamonogatari, Otorimonogatari, Onimonogatari and Koimonogatari).
-Not sure about how the final saga (the last 3 volumes) will be.
-If there is any remaining, other projects will probably be about Nisio Isin's works other than the monogatari series.
I'm seeing something about 10 Nisio anime projects but I can't tell if all ten have already been decided or what. BTW just so everyone is clear, not everything is going to be animated by Shaft. The fact that Katanagatari was made by White Fox already shows that this is a project that's going to be spread out.

I have reasons to believe Kuro and Shiro won't animated together since what happens in Shiro is pretty connected to the other second season books. It's possible we'll get an OVA for Kuro and then the whole second season gets animated together in a 3~4 cours epicness. Also, we can't be sure if the final season really will just contain 3 books. I mean Nisio did kind of add 5 extra books outside the initial promise of Family and Jiangshi.

With that in mind the rest of this series is gonna be taking up at least another 3-4 project slots. Shinbo also mentioned he wants to do an original anime with Nisio for the tenth project. We got 4 projects here already and if we add 4 for the rest of Monogatari series and one for the tenth project, we only have one left. Of course I doubt the Nisio anime project is gonna be done with just 10 projects but it really makes you think where the hell is Zaregoto.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 04:38   Link #405
AP24

Oops, yeah I was wrong about Nekomonogatari. The first volume is another prequel to Bakemonogatari and the second volume is also part of the second season.Since Nekomonogatari (black) takes place between Kizumonogatari and Bakemonogatari, I am sure it will be a movie sequel to Kizumonogatari movie.

Second season will probably follow Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari's format. Bakemonogatari covers Senjogahara's, Hachikuji's, Kanbaru's, Sengoku's and Hanekawa's stories. Nisemonogatari covers Karen's and Tsukihi's stories.

Second season consists of the five Bakemonogatari girls' + Shinobu's stories that each is one volume long. If these gonna be animated together, it will need to be at least 3-cour series.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 06:40   Link #406
Kakkou
18歳腐った(?)少年

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
With that in mind the rest of this series is gonna be taking up at least another 3-4 project slots. Shinbo also mentioned he wants to do an original anime with Nisio for the tenth project. We got 4 projects here already and if we add 4 for the rest of Monogatari series and one for the tenth project, we only have one left. Of course I doubt the Nisio anime project is gonna be done with just 10 projects but it really makes you think where the hell is Zaregoto.
This. I love the Monogatari series and everything but Zaregoto better be somewhere amongst the future lineup!
Old 2012-01-19, 07:14   Link #407
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I'm seeing something about 10 Nisio anime projects but I can't tell if all ten have already been decided or what. BTW just so everyone is clear, not everything is going to be animated by Shaft. The fact that Katanagatari was made by White Fox already shows that this is a project that's going to be spread out.

I have reasons to believe Kuro and Shiro won't animated together since what happens in Shiro is pretty connected to the other second season books. It's possible we'll get an OVA for Kuro and then the whole second season gets animated together in a 3~4 cours epicness. Also, we can't be sure if the final season really will just contain 3 books. I mean Nisio did kind of add 5 extra books outside the initial promise of Family and Jiangshi.

Sure and then Tsukihime get a proper anime adaption, along with Heaven's Feel H-OVA

As for changing studio, that is rare, what I really want though is to keep Akio Watanabe as the character designer, he did wonders with Bake and Nise, having to work with atrocious original art from VOFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Oops, yeah I was wrong about Nekomonogatari. The first volume is another prequel to Bakemonogatari and the second volume is also part of the second season.Since Nekomonogatari (black) takes place between Kizumonogatari and Bakemonogatari, I am sure it will be a movie sequel to Kizumonogatari movie.
Wait, what? Nekomonogatari Kuro is not about the Golden Week?

But should it get animated, a movie or OVA is more likely.

Last edited by Malkuth; 2012-01-19 at 07:17. Reason: spelling :X
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 07:28   Link #408
NeoChan
Banned

Hey, i recently watched this anime and the thing that caught my attention was the background design (similar concept like of C3 and Baka Test) as well as the teasers and the punch lines... kinda abstract.... good humor and entertaining... nice ecchi
NeoChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 07:28   Link #409
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Sure and then Tsukihime get a proper anime adaption, along with Heaven's Feel H-OVA

As for changing studio, that is rare, what I really want though is to keep Akio Watanabe as the character designer, he did wonders with Bake and Nise, having to work with atrocious original art from VOFan

Wait, what? Nekomonogatari Kuro is not about the Golden Week?

But should it get animated, a movie or OVA is more likely.
Spring Break-Kizu
Golden Week-Kuro
May-Bake

It is about the Golden Week.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 07:32   Link #410
Malkuth
Banned

@omimon: You are right, I mixed up the japanese holidays

And just dawned to me, Tsubasa is absolutely normal during Kizu She is one very lucky girl to have made it alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoChan View Post
Hey, i recently watched this anime and the thing that caught my attention was the background design (similar concept like of C3 and Baka Test) as well as the teasers and the punch lines... kinda abstract.... good humor and entertaining... nice ecchi
That's because of Oonuma Shin (director of C3 and BakaTest) used to be Shinbou Akiyuki's (director of Bake/Nisemonogatari) apprentice / right hand when in SHAFT.

Last edited by Malkuth; 2012-01-19 at 07:36. Reason: quoting
Old 2012-01-19, 07:51   Link #411
Westlo
Lets be reality

For the last 6 novels released they'll probably do 2 one cour series to cover the entire 6 and use extra/ova episodes to give them enough time to give the material justice. (in other words 2.5 for tv run and the rest ova lol) Plus after Bake and Ore No it's not like Iwakami wouldn't do that...

So maybe...

1st: Bakemonogatari TV
2nd: Katanagatari OVA (White Fox)
3rd: Nisemonogatari TV
4th: Kizumonogatari Movie
5th: Nekomonogatari Black OVA
6th: Nekomonogatari White + Kabukimonogatari + Hanamonogatari TV
7th: Otorimonogatari + Onimonogatari + Koimonogatari TV
8th: Tsukimonogatari + Owarimonogatari TV
9th: Zokuowarimonogatari Movie (lol why not!)
10th: Original Project.

But the most important thing is... where the fuck is Zaregoto.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 08:08   Link #412
Malkuth
Banned

^ Too speculative

Also Katanagatari was on TV before the DVD was on sale, so technically it is a TV show.
Old 2012-01-19, 08:15   Link #413
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
^ Too speculative

Also Katanagatari was on TV before the DVD was on sale, so technically it is a TV show.
No it's an OVA, otherwise Gundam Unicorn is a TV show as well as is every other OVA that gets special airings on TV before the release of their DVD/Bluray.
Old 2012-01-20, 04:44   Link #414
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
No it's an OVA, otherwise Gundam Unicorn is a TV show as well as is every other OVA that gets special airings on TV before the release of their DVD/Bluray.
OVA stands for Original Video Animation. It can't be original video if it premiered as a TV series, no matter the format and schedule. Anime fans seem to think that everything that's not 25 minutes is OVA. Although some anime producers do label short series that first air on TV as OVA, it's more of a tradition thing and a misuse of the term.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 05:23   Link #415
Westlo
Lets be reality

Sigh... it's because it airs as a special preview on a single channel like the Bandai Channel or whatever and than gets released officially as an OVA. Are you telling me that Black Lagoon has a 3rd tv series? That Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari was a TV series?

This is a tv series.

http://www.nisemonogatari-anime.com/onair/index.html

Notice how it airs in all regions and on free to air stations. It's not something that airs as a special preview on a paid for subscription channel and than gets released on Bluray 2 weeks later.
Old 2012-01-20, 13:38   Link #416
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Sigh... it's because it airs as a special preview on a single channel like the Bandai Channel or whatever and than gets released officially as an OVA. Are you telling me that Black Lagoon has a 3rd tv series? That Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari was a TV series?

This is a tv series.

http://www.nisemonogatari-anime.com/onair/index.html

Notice how it airs in all regions and on free to air stations. It's not something that airs as a special preview on a paid for subscription channel and than gets released on Bluray 2 weeks later.
Well in that case Katanagatari is also a TV series as it was first broadcasted on Fuji TV, no less, as a legitimate TV show:
http://www.katanagatari.com/onair/
Old 2012-01-20, 13:53   Link #417
relentlessflame

*Administrator

The argument about whether something is or isn't a TV series isn't very on-topic, but I would just say that the typical definition for anime is a show that's released weekly for a single cour or more. So shows that are only released sporadically or with an episode or two shown on TV that directly precedes a DVD/Blu-Ray release aren't generally considered "anime TV series" to most, as it falls outside the usual pattern.

FYI: I also moved a recent general Monogatari series question to the Q&A thread.
Old 2012-02-03, 13:10   Link #418
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Listing for the second Blu-ray is up on the website.
Says the second BD is going to have three episodes but it's called "Karen Bee (middle part)" so since it's unlikey for the third BD to have just one episode, Karen Bee is probably going to span seven at least. That's weird, wasn't Nisemonogatari supposed to be merely 11 episodes long? Doesn't this leave Tsukihi Phoenix with only 4 episodes?
Old 2012-02-03, 13:12   Link #419
Malkuth
Banned

^ I hope that is some kind of mistake, otherwise I suspect that the scheduling became messed up... again
Old 2012-02-03, 14:36   Link #420
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Yes, I think the Blu-Ray listings have basically confirmed what Daniel Lind said. The only thing we don't know for sure is if there could be any additional episodes added on the Blu-Rays at any point. If there are only going to be 11 episodes, though, then it will be as described: 7 for Karen Bee, and 4 for Tsukihi Phoenix.

I don't think this has anything to do with "scheduling", as the story planner would have planned it this way from the get-go.