AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-25, 00:40   Link #201
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Tatsuya and Minami, together again - an historic anime moment.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 12:29   Link #202
ookamigirl

So... the time for serious changes finally came.
Creating a united team was actually a pretty good idea.
Yeah, the idea was good, but things didn't go as smoothly on the field.
Wtf is with Araki's gut?? That guy just can't get his hands off food...

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 17:31   Link #203
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So they're all on the same team now. Lol Araki rebounded, but that's what he gets for losing all that weight that fast. Nice move by Seven to get his mom to help. She also helped Kakeru notice his weakness. Glad she chose to join the team. Wanted to see why or how she got that nickname. Can't wait to see her play for real. Is it bad that i'm more excited about her than Kakeru?
Old 2012-02-25, 18:11   Link #204
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Is it bad that i'm more excited about her than Kakeru?
Of course not. She's better than him (and all the other main characters!) after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuryuu View Post
By the way, have you actually dropped this anime? Because ironically the Nadeshiko Japan plotline just came into play in this episode and Mishima already got a bigger spotlight (she even gets unnerved at a point! I didn't know she could, she always looks so calm. xD)
I was going to drop it, but then I heard that Seven's stuff was coming and I just couldn't not watch it.

Quote:
It was so cute Seven bumping up on Kakeru in the end! xP
You know, even though that was anime original, I'm not complaining. lol

Quote:
I still think all is a bit rushy (specially compared to how well paced the drama was at the beginning) but yeah, an episode with so much of Seven could not be anything lower than good! XD The comedy was also nice, and I liked how the so called "conclusion" ended up happening.
Yeah, it was rushed, but it was still good enough.

I'm totally looking forward to next episode, I wonder is they're going to properly animate her feints. She even pulls off an elastico in the manga, and of course there is that roulette that is so characteristic of her.
Old 2012-02-26, 04:05   Link #205
Yume Hanabi

You know, I've stopped caring about it being rushed after they had Kakeru get over Suguru's death before I had fully processed it lol
Easier to enjoy the show when you expect it and don't let it affect you. That, and I haven't read the manga, so I can't compare =P Wonder if it's out in my country, though, 'cause I'm getting interested in reading it now...
Old 2012-03-02, 18:50   Link #206
Kazu-kun

Episode 9 was great!!

I have a few issues with the translation though. Seven didn't play only one game in the US' Premier league, she played almost a whole season. Also, at the end of the game the commentator calls her "fantasista", but CR translated it as "striker", which is totally wrong.

But again, the episode itself was great, Seven was great!!!
Old 2012-03-02, 19:16   Link #207
Jarppa

Yeah couple mistranslated football words but that is understable if translator isnt football fan etc.

Next episode will be good.
Jarppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 20:08   Link #208
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Of course not. She's better than him (and all the other main characters!) after all.
this entire episode I was thinking how exciting was the little witch compared to Kakeru and it seems that the next episode we will have more of her. I hope writers had understood that it is better to give more screen to Nana and that this two episodes were not an exception.
Anyways so far except Nana, for me it is better to watch at least 2 or 3 episodes in a row, because of the slow pace and the absence of development between Kakeru and Nana.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 20:18   Link #209
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
absence of development between Kakeru and Nana.
I think the development between those two is well paced. There's always at least a little moment between them in almost every episode. For instance, there was one such moments at the end of this episode, and it was pretty cute.
Old 2012-03-02, 20:54   Link #210
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:
I think the development between those two is well paced. There's always at least a little moment between them in almost every episode. For instance, there was one such moments at the end of this episode, and it was pretty cute.
Yeah, I'm also liking how the development between Kakeru and Seven is going. It's also nice to see two people who can equally shine in their own ways and to have Seven be a better player than him. Kakeru seems to be the supportive type too so if it ever comes down to it, I think he'd tell her to give it her all with Nadeshiko Japan.

Anyway...episode thoughts.
Spoiler for Episode 9-Panic At The Training Camp?!:

Looks like this one really is one of the best to date. I'm liking how the quality of these episodes has gone up with these last two episodes. I naturally approve of more Seven airtime. Episode gets a 9/10 out of me.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 21:26   Link #211
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I dunno, the Nana 'fanservice' irked me this episode. I might be thinking too much into it, but it really miffed me that after going through all that trouble in showing that Nana is a literal genius at the game, they lowered her status as a sex object soon after. And no, the awesome NanaXKakeru moment in the end still didn't wash the bitter taste off my mouth. >_>

And speaking of Tat-chan and Minami, I really hope Nana follows Minami's footsteps after this. Hope her being one of the more perfect "Yamato Nadeshiko" doesn't stop her from fully going after HER own dreams. Her talents are too much wasted on just being the manager of such a 'scumbag' team like that...

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 21:50   Link #212
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I dunno, the Nana 'fanservice' irked me this episode. I might be thinking too much into it, but it really miffed me that after going through all that trouble in showing that Nana is a literal genius at the game, they lowered her status as a sex object soon after.
Well, in the manga that fanservice moment and Seven's match were in different chapters. The anime had everything together in one episode because they're adapting almost one volume per episode (talk about rushing it).

In any case, there won't be anymore of these fanservice moments from now own, so you don't have to worry that much about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
And speaking of Tat-chan and Minami, I really hope Nana follows Minami's footsteps after this. Hope her being one of the more perfect "Yamato Nadeshiko" doesn't stop her from fully going after HER own dreams. Her talents are too much wasted on just being the manager of such a 'scumbag' team like that...
True, but remember that her dream is to wear the blue uniform together with Kakeru. That's why, even though she already fulfilled her part of the deal, she wants to keep supporting him for the time being (and he needs her help more than he thinks).
Old 2012-03-02, 22:11   Link #213
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

I honestly forgot about Kakeru. Make Nana the mc and i'll be so happy. More Nana next ep, hopefully she has the whole ep and not just half of it to shine.
Old 2012-03-02, 23:55   Link #214
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
Seven is amazing. didn't expect her to be this good. Looks like she's going to have some trouble next week facing against some other team. Seven looks so sexy with that bath towel.
Old 2012-03-03, 04:08   Link #215
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I guess in Japan, they don't make being off-sides a thing.

But, yea, Seven is the best character. The anime should really be about her as she chases her dreams, and they should have some pride and stop having her carry the boys' jockstraps.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 11:52   Link #216
ookamigirl

Training camp fun!
First time with combined teams.
Seven sure has some pretty awesome dribbling skills!
She came, she won the game, she went back to training camp, just amazing.
Seven did a number on Araki too, so LOL, but he is a pig.
Nice episode.

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 13:42   Link #217
Arya

Quote:
Probably I don't feel it because Nana seems to be more mature than Kakeru. I mean, she is such a good player, she understands quite anything and is so cute. She could do or go anywhere. On the other hand Kakeru looks like a child who knows nothing else than his soccer ball. But I guess they'll make him grow up along the road.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 19:38   Link #218
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i love Nana. she's even better in the manga.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 22:40   Link #219
KiraYamatoFan

How come no group is doing fansubs for this series in English? I had my share of fun with Giant Killing, but this one looks miles better with more in the background to be told.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 23:21   Link #220
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

A lot of fansubbers don't sub zero day simulcasts (like this show). I imagine it's a waste of time for them, so they sub those that aren't zero day simulcast or aren't simulcasted at all.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen, sports