AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-09-15, 03:44   Link #341
ookamigirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Kanagawa High School Championship!
Enoshima vs Atsukikita!
Really nice play from Araki & Kakeru.
Moving on to quarterfinals. Nice progress so far.
Although they seemed concerned about the upcoming game.
I guess we'll see if all that practice made them into a stronger, better team.
Sagamigaura vs Enoshima!
This will be an interesting one.
__________________
My new Blog --> ookami (anime, manga, movies, JDrama, music, Japan..) & latest reviews

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 18:24   Link #342
iCK
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
I just got caught up, and so far I really like this anime. I'm hoping for a little romance though....

Kakeru and Seven definitely like/love each other, even when Suguru was alive.
Noticed, how she calls Kakeru only Kakeru the only person in the series that she doesn't use honorifics for.
She used to call Suguru as Suguru-San when he was still alive. I feel as though her feelings toward Suguru was only admiration for his soccer skills.

Another example would be how jealous she gets when Kakeru spends time with Mai
The festival, calls him an idiot when he leaves her and goes to spend time with Mai
She "accidently" bumps into Mai while Kakeru and Mai were flirting/talking during the Maid episode, thus shifting the conversation between Seven and Mai
She always wants to know what happens between Kakeru and Mai-chain when they do spend time alone, but walks it off as if it was only a joke when she hears Kakeru say nothing.

Last edited by iCK; 2012-09-19 at 20:58.
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 21:18   Link #343
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: London, UK
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
eh, this show is ongoing? i they haven't caught up with the manga?
They're very far from catching up with the manga, which is actually a positive thing, IMHO.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 23:31   Link #344
KiraYamatoFan
No end to my talents
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
I just got caught up, and so far I really like this anime. I'm hoping for a little romance though....

Kakeru and Seven definitely like/love each other, even when Suguru was alive.
Noticed, how she calls Kakeru only Kakeru the only person in the series that she doesn't use honorifics for.
She used to call Suguru as Suguru-San when he was still alive. I feel as though her feelings toward Suguru was only admiration for his soccer skills.

Another example would be how jealous she gets when Kakeru spends time with Mai
The festival, calls him an idiot when he leaves her and goes to spend time with Mai
She "accidently" bumps into Mai while Kakeru and Mai were flirting/talking during the Maid episode, thus shifting the conversation between Seven and Mai
She always wants to know what happens between Kakeru and Mai-chan when they do spend time alone, but walks it off as if it was only a joke when she hears Kakeru say nothing.
I agree with you; there has to be more from the interaction between Kakeru and Seven. If I was ignorant of Japanese culture, I wouldn't have noticed how they call each other's name. She's obviously jealous of Mai's approach, so I must admit there have been a few times I was asking myself why Seven would not make her move, especially with the fireworks scene at the festival. If she did, Seven would definitely cut the grass under Mai's feet. Honestly, I would love to have this part resolved sooner and so we'd focus on the game.

The tournament is heating up and this is getting even better by each episode going by. However, I wish Kakeru can pull out something else bar the Phi trick (more feints please!) in order to make defenders look silly.
__________________
"Let 'Blood, Blood, BLOOD!' be your motto! Slit their gizzards!" - King Richard from Blackadder.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 20:58   Link #345
MasterVampire
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Next week is the final episode??
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 22:25   Link #346
iCK
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post
Next week is the final episode??
Where did you get that from? If next week was the last episode, it would be a completely random ending. Series is probably going to be a full 50 or even 50+
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 03:51   Link #347
MasterVampire
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
It says in the credits preview thing it will be the final.
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 09:09   Link #348
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: London, UK
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
Where did you get that from? If next week was the last episode, it would be a completely random ending. Series is probably going to be a full 50 or even 50+
The manga is currently at chapter 287, which would atleast need around 80 episodes (not counting any potential filler episodes like the ones they've already included so far).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post
It says in the credits preview thing it will be the final.
Well I hope they're planning to have the show run again on a second season, it'd be a pity to end it right now that it's finally getting into the most interesting part of the story.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 14:13   Link #349
ookamigirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Sagamigaura vs Enoshima continues.
Kakeru played a really good game.
It's lucky Enoshima has a very good goalkeeper.
Enoshima somehow keeps falling into game traps from Sagamigaura.
They are a strong team that doesn't give up easily.
This was a pretty intense game!
__________________
My new Blog --> ookami (anime, manga, movies, JDrama, music, Japan..) & latest reviews

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 18:34   Link #350
KiraYamatoFan
No end to my talents
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
Well I hope they're planning to have the show run again on a second season, it'd be a pity to end it right now that it's finally getting into the most interesting part of the story.
That would be a crying shame to stop it now when there's so much to be done. It's not like the anime is about to catch up the manga anyway.
__________________
"Let 'Blood, Blood, BLOOD!' be your motto! Slit their gizzards!" - King Richard from Blackadder.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 06:35   Link #351
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: London, UK
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
That would be a crying shame to stop it now when there's so much to be done. It's not like the anime is about to catch up the manga anyway.
I guess it'll depend on how well the anime has been received so far in Japan... it's the first interesting football/soccer anime I've ever watched since good ol' Captain Tsubasa, and even though I'm following the manga I'd still love to see the story entirely animated. The best games have yet to come!
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 06:47   Link #352
MasterVampire
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
It just seems weird to end it here all of a suddern.

Why not end it when they get to the finals?
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 11:35   Link #353
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
I guess it'll depend on how well the anime has been received so far in Japan... it's the first interesting football/soccer anime I've ever watched since good ol' Captain Tsubasa, and even though I'm following the manga I'd still love to see the story entirely animated. The best games have yet to come!
I'm disappointed that AnK is ending, too, but if this is the first one you've watched in years, does that mean you aren't watching Ginga e Kickoff? I would humbly argue that it's a considerably better series, in every aspect, and it's going to run for at least one more cour.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 21:11   Link #354
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: London, UK
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I'm disappointed that AnK is ending, too, but if this is the first one you've watched in years, does that mean you aren't watching Ginga e Kickoff? I would humbly argue that it's a considerably better series, in every aspect, and it's going to run for at least one more cour.
I have watched the first episodes but it just didn't click as Area no Kishi has done. It also might be related to the fact that I'm following the manga as well.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 17:45   Link #355
Kaos2005
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
It was true, 37 was the last episode.
Kaos2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 18:54   Link #356
iCK
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
I'm really hoping for a season 2,
need more Kakeru and Nana though..
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 13:00   Link #357
ookamigirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
The game continues..
It was a pretty intense game with lots of action.
Enoshima played well and with passion which payed off.
And off they go to the semi-finals.
Araki sure is making a brilliant career for himself and so is Seven.
It's up to Kakeru to catch up to those two!
Good final episode.
__________________
My new Blog --> ookami (anime, manga, movies, JDrama, music, Japan..) & latest reviews

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 21:25   Link #358
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Nice finale. Especially as there was no appearance by the creepy Doctor.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 10:12   Link #359
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: London, UK
Age: 30
I hope they're going to make a second season, the best has yet to come.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 20:28   Link #360
Ghanw
(-_-)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Somewhere
Since the manga is now at 288 would someone give a summary of whats going on doesnt have to be detail pm is fine. I read to 217 but due to soem reason i cant read anymore for now and i am impatient knowing i need 71 more chapters.
Ghanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
shounen, sports

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.