AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Old 2004-04-12, 17:59   Link #121
nojevo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
the story in the manga is definitely a mess, but then Oh Great!'s works are not famous for their plots, it's all about fanservice and sex... too bad the anime version cut out the sex part... that means half of the appeal is gone

Didn't Oh Great! started out as a Hentai artist? Anyways, it's true what you say; his work is famous for his art and the "occasional" fanservice. It's really rare to see him do such a long series becuase he's released so many short series. So I'm guessing tenjo tenge is his most popular work so far. But right now i'm hooked on his other project "Airgear". Hot chicks on rollerblades can't get better than that!
nojevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 18:16   Link #122
Crimson
Ecchi Nazi

Send a message via AIM to Crimson
Quote:
Originally Posted by nojevo
Didn't Oh Great! started out as a Hentai artist? Anyways, it's true what you say; his work is famous for his art and the "occasional" fanservice. It's really rare to see him do such a long series becuase he's released so many short series. So I'm guessing tenjo tenge is his most popular work so far. But right now i'm hooked on his other project "Airgear". Hot chicks on rollerblades can't get better than that!
Suprisingly he's doing Air Gear and Ten Ten at the same time. Before i thought Air Gear was already finished, then i found out its still being released.

My guess is that he will end Ten Ten after the tournament thats going to happen in it. I don't see how he can go any further with this story....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper 28
Ah! I've been following the manga for some time now and I absolutely love it. Oh! Great not only has the coolest pen name around, he's also one of the greatest artists around.

But regardless, the anime follows the manga pretty well which is cool 'cause sometimes you get those anime they really walk in totally different direction then the manga. But this is a great series!
Well i wouldn't say it follows the manga well. In episode 2, they cut out the entire scene with Bob and Chiaka *you should know what i'm talking about* and they made Nagi go overkill on Sochiro, not that i didn't enjoy that ^^. Theres also a few parts with fanservice that they didn't show...o.o.

So you can guess that they most likely won't show the part when Chiaka is being raped by that guy.
Old 2004-04-12, 19:55   Link #123
cf18
Mecha Pilot

Well I may check out the 2nd ep. If it is as dumb as the first ep then this is another skipped anime. So far it stand the lowest for this season. Madlax also seem to have boring story and characters, but at least the art is not so poor.
cf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 21:27   Link #124
Gold_Rogers
Famous Dead Pirate

The poor quality of the character designs is starting to grate on me after 2 episodes... not that it's THAT bad, but it doesn't help.

I'm seriously annoyed with almost EVERY scene that has Aya in it. I mean, is all she can say "Souichiro-sama"? Ugh! She has no character whatsoever, and as of yet no purpose.

The scene where Nagi goes berserk on Souichiro was definitely awesome. That brat needed to be taught a lesson. Although I kinda like him and Bob, I feel sorry for Nagi. ^_^
Gold_Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 21:51   Link #125
I)ark-I)eath
EnI)eR I)ark I)eath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold_Rogers
The poor quality of the character designs is starting to grate on me after 2 episodes... not that it's THAT bad, but it doesn't help.

I'm seriously annoyed with almost EVERY scene that has Aya in it. I mean, is all she can say "Souichiro-sama"? Ugh! She has no character whatsoever, and as of yet no purpose.

The scene where Nagi goes berserk on Souichiro was definitely awesome. That brat needed to be taught a lesson. Although I kinda like him and Bob, I feel sorry for Nagi. ^_^
isnt nagi, SOUICHIRO....u mean takayanagi?

and just u wait....aya gets ur time to shine....but then still she still kinda has no purpurse....shes just "special"

In a Teletha Tesstarossa mood :3
I)ark-I)eath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 22:26   Link #126
Youko Recca
Breakdancing Samurai

Despite rants...I'm enjoying this so far.Don't get what people don't like about the character designs...though I haven't read the manga.
Youko Recca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 22:41   Link #127
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

heh, I can't understand why some people seems to be so CRAZY about the character art in the manga... they just look okay to me, so I don't feel that bad when the anime version has some different character designs.

I think in the manga Takayanagi Mitsuomi is far from a "villain"... if anything, so far he seems to be one of the protagonists, even better developed than Nagi Souichiro. but then he might become the main villain of the anime series...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 04:01   Link #128
Hao Asakura
Newbie arimasen

Just watched ep 2 and I've to say that...
Spoiler:

From what so far in anime, it seems like they omit all the sex scenes from the manga which I think it is a good thing to do. Too many sex scenes = too much distraction
Hao Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 04:05   Link #129
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
I think in the manga Takayanagi Mitsuomi is far from a "villain"... if anything, so far he seems to be one of the protagonists, even better developed than Nagi Souichiro. but then he might become the main villain of the anime series...
Spoiler:
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 10:44   Link #130
Crimson
Ecchi Nazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youko Recca
Despite rants...I'm enjoying this so far.Don't get what people don't like about the character designs...though I haven't read the manga.
The designs just looks weird. Compared to other anime out there it really looks bad, to me anyway. And read the manga and see how good the art is, then compare it to the character designs in the anime and you'll see a huge difference.
Old 2004-04-13, 11:32   Link #131
kujoe
from head to heel

I've read the manga, but I don't think the art in the anime looks weird. In fact, I think Oh! Great's style has been translated well. The differences are not that crucial anyway. For example, Masataka looks more mild-mannered in the anime. Nagi on the other hand, looks more like the "white devil" he's reputed to be--if only he get his act right...

Maya, and surprisingly Bob, are the most faithful to the manga so far in terms of character design. Aya's face on the other hand, looks weird when viewd from the front for some reason. I guess I'll have to check it out again some other time. Well, that's what I think.

But if you ask me which style I prefer--I'd say it depends. For instance, I like the way Nagi's drawn in the anime while I like how Masataka is drawn in the manga. Moreover, while I like the line detail of the manga, I also like the cleaner lines of the anime.

Last edited by kujoe; 2004-04-15 at 00:34.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 13:29   Link #132
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson
The designs just looks weird. Compared to other anime out there it really looks bad, to me anyway. And read the manga and see how good the art is, then compare it to the character designs in the anime and you'll see a huge difference.
it looks weird because it also looks weird in the manga. But to me that is just how they chose to draw it. I usually dont have any problems with character designs in any anime. It would suck if they all looked like the ones in maburaho
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 17:40   Link #133
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

just saw the second ep... it seems that they're skipping out on the all important fanservice parts of this series... like the scene with bob and his girl... if i can remember correctly... they weren't eating in the manga... I wonder what they're gonna do with the fire guy and bob's girl incident in the next ep....

the art, character designs and the fighting scenes are fine, if not excellent... I have no probs with those aspects... I really liked the way they did that fight in this ep... and I am also grateful for the blood... if people are going to fight... there has to be blood... imo... there isn't enough blood in Naruto for example...
Old 2004-04-13, 21:45   Link #134
Crimson
Ecchi Nazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Chronics
just saw the second ep... it seems that they're skipping out on the all important fanservice parts of this series... like the scene with bob and his girl... if i can remember correctly... they weren't eating in the manga... I wonder what they're gonna do with the fire guy and bob's girl incident in the next ep....

the art, character designs and the fighting scenes are fine, if not excellent... I have no probs with those aspects... I really liked the way they did that fight in this ep... and I am also grateful for the blood... if people are going to fight... there has to be blood... imo... there isn't enough blood in Naruto for example...
Naruto is a show aimed at a younger audience. Plus it has a bunch of 12 year old kids in it so i don't know why you expected something bloody.
Old 2004-04-13, 21:57   Link #135
I)ark-I)eath
EnI)eR I)ark I)eath

i wouldnt think naruto as a show for a younger audience...for teens i guess....theres alittle TOO much violence and blood for the younger audience...but if everything was switched(cuts are bruses and blood has been lowered) i guess it can be kinda yeah....like DBZ...*shivers*

In a Teletha Tesstarossa mood :3
I)ark-I)eath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 04:17   Link #136
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson
Naruto is a show aimed at a younger audience. Plus it has a bunch of 12 year old kids in it so i don't know why you expected something bloody.
The main characters do not always represent the target audience.
Not to mention the Naruto manga does have more blood.

But enough about Naruto...
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 11:12   Link #137
Holy Knight
Time Bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Za Paper
The fight between Nagi and Takayanagi in ep 2 was impressive. I did not expect the production values of this show to be that high. I just hope they can keep up for the rest of the series.
Aye, thats what I thought as well. I didn't think the fight scene was going to be so fluid. It just makes me want more and more.
Holy Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 12:24   Link #138
Kaoru
Pirate Girl Nyuu

Send a message via Yahoo to Kaoru
Just watched the first 2 eps and I can say that so far, it's not that bad. Wasn't anything that I've already seen before, but the Takayanagi/Souichirou fight was excellent in terms of animation! Haven't seen an anime in awhile where it made me go "ewww" during a fight scene The character designs are pretty faithful to the manga too. But will never be as good!
Not too happy with Aya's character though. I don't see why they had to change her hair color, and her voice is just too high--makes her sound kind of annoying.
Like a big-breasted 5 yr-old. Oh my!
The opening theme is...different, although strangely addicting. "Time to Party Time! Yeah! Huh!" lol
The background music on the other hand sounds generic to me. Nothing great or exciting, just the typical music you'd find in any other anime.
Overall, wasn't totally impressed, but I liked it. If it sticks to the manga, then the upcoming episodes are gonna be awesome. Can't wait to see Mitsuomi! In that black skintight suit of course!
And I can see they've toned down on the fanservice, which I expected this show to be chock full of. Not that that bothers me , but aside from the story and action, that's what TenTen is all about (at least imo).

Looking forward to see where this goes.

## Sladism -- All Your Bunny Are Belong To Us ##
Kaoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 13:29   Link #139
Gold_Rogers
Famous Dead Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru
Just watched the first 2 eps and I can say that so far, it's not that bad. Wasn't anything that I've already seen before, but the Takayanagi/Souichirou fight was excellent in terms of animation! Haven't seen an anime in awhile where it made me go "ewww" during a fight scene The character designs are pretty faithful to the manga too. But will never be as good!
Not too happy with Aya's character though. I don't see why they had to change her hair color, and her voice is just too high--makes her sound kind of annoying.
Like a big-breasted 5 yr-old. Oh my!
The opening theme is...different, although strangely addicting. "Time to Party Time! Yeah! Huh!" lol

My sentiments pretty much agree with yours. I was REALLY annoyed by Aya's voice actor (she really does sound like a 5 year old trapped in a 17 year old's(?) body), the fighting scenes were animated very well, and the opening theme is really bad but so catchy I can't help but listen to it over and over again.

This anime is definitely going down in my books as a guilty pleasure. I'd be embarrassed if people found out I enjoyed it (in real life). heh
Gold_Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 09:42   Link #140
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
Hummm... my thoughts on episode 3...

I'm glad they kept

Spoiler:

I was wondering if they were going to take it out because of the limitations of the episodes they had to work with. It's pretty obvious what was taken out as well but the anime can do without the stuff that goes a little too far.

Spoiler:

The animation quality is still pretty smooth 3 episodes in and that imo is a pretty good sign of what's to come. Looks like the

Spoiler:

Oh ya, I'm really anticipating the events that will unfold at the bowling alley. All in all, a good story is going along nicely and I'll be waiting to watch the next episode .

Oh ya, I hope the tenjo tenge crowd doesn't get as big as the Naruto one

p.s. YA! IT'S PARTAH TIME!!

In Remembrance - Founder of Sladism / Slade's Photobucket
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, romance, seinen