AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-19, 15:53   Link #1
Trudinh

Smile a good romance anime.

Ok, i just finish watching Hanbun no tsuki, it was a short romance anime and really funny and cute.

I want an anime that focus on a girl and a guy falling in love(no 1 guy loving 5 girl crap where he have to pick 1 girl at the end)
It has to be cute as in the couple are cute like ex, shakugan no shana, familiar of zero, clannad, kanon(i know kanon has multiple girl but we all know he will end up with ayu), Itsuka Tenma no Kuro-Usagi, and of course hanbun no tsuki.

Plz dont suggest any Vampire, zombie, ghost, or anything that is related to DEATH( like people dieing in a scary way, vampire sucking blood, zombie eating people) no horror basically. I dont mind demon related like shakugan no shana or bleach.

Last edited by Trudinh; 2011-09-19 at 16:04.
Old 2011-09-19, 16:04   Link #2
Trudinh

Here are the anime i already watch,
shakugan no shana
familiar of zero
kanon2006
air
clannad( afterstory too)
baka and test
fruit basket
hidan no Aira( soo cute)
angel beat
chobit
eden of the east
kaze no stigma
this ugly yet beautiful world
my wife is a mermaid
maburaho
shuffle(err too many girls)
Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi
Itsuka Tenma no Kuro-Usagi( FREAKEN LOVE THIS )
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Tordora
AND more just cant remember it all.
Old 2011-09-19, 17:28   Link #3
Elegance

Maison Ikkoku-old and more mature
Toradora
Angel Beats
Please Teacher
Spice & Wolf<<highly recommended
Myself;Yourself
True Tears<Wise sayings for example "i gave my tears away", beautiful pictures. Recommended if you like drama
Rec<Short and sweet
Old 2011-09-20, 12:59   Link #4
Trudinh

Maison Ikkoku-old and more mature (cant find it)
Toradora (already watch it)
Angel beat (already watch it)
please teacher(i dont really like teacher/student relationship)

OK ima try true tears/rec/myself and yourself.
TY for the suggestion.
Old 2011-09-21, 18:49   Link #5
syke123

I must say spice and wolf it is exactly what your looking for.
Old 2011-09-21, 19:32   Link #6
Undertaker

Spice & Wolf +1

Please Teacher is not really teacher/student relationship as you would think it is, I won't spoil anymore but you should really give it a try and it is a cute romance.

Mahoraba (NOT maburaho) is a series kind of like Love Hina minus the harem element which should exactly what you are looking for.

Suzuka or Ai Yori Aoshi though Suzuka has a bit less comedy and Ai Yori Aoshi having similar atmosphere as Love Hina in that there is harem element but the coupling is clear. (kind of like Zero no Tsukima and Hidan no Aira)

If you don't mind fantasy/magical setting, Legend of Legendary Hero features a really cute main couple.

Yakushiji Ryoko no Kaiki Jikenbo of have a incredibly awesome couple, though the guy is clueless.

Cross Games, Touch (old series) or anything based off Mitsuru Adachi's manga.

Almost forgot series from shojo manga since they tend to have some of best charming romances.

Kaichou wa Maid-sama! or just Maid-sama. is about a student council president in a previously all-male school slowly falls in love with a guy who found out she was working part time in a maid cafe due to family circumstance. Misa-chan is perhaps one of the best tsundere character.

Kimi ni Todoke, an extremely shy but sweet girl and a nice and popular guy fall in love of each other. Highly Recommended.

Lovely Complex, a tall girl and short guy who use to be enemies finding common ground and falls in love. Also Highly Recommended.

All three of these shojo have good amount of comedy as well, making them perfect based on your description and closes to Itsuka Tenma have purest combination of romance + comedy.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2011-09-21 at 20:06.
Old 2011-09-22, 15:15   Link #7
Trudinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by syke123 View Post
I must say spice and wolf it is exactly what your looking for.
the storyline theme is just old fasion, i like the modern world with tv and computer in the anime.
Old 2011-09-22, 15:19   Link #8
Trudinh

IM sorry i dont like old history like setting. should have mention it, i like modern setting where there tv and bus and car.
Old 2011-09-22, 18:04   Link #9
Undertaker

than you should like the three shojo titles, all three have modern high-school setting same with Touch, Cross Game, and H2 from Mitsuru Adachi's works.
Old 2011-09-22, 21:51   Link #10
syke123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudinh View Post
IM sorry i dont like old history like setting. should have mention it, i like modern setting where there tv and bus and car.
I get you, I would still like to get you to reconsider on spice and wolf it really revolutionized anime romance in my eyes.
But I see your not into anything depressing so S&W should be checked out regardlessly.
I would recommend Kaze no Stigma, it's one of those romances where the girl resents herself for liking the badboy type genre? Also very fun to watch and see how they're relationship builds up. There's currently season 1 on netflix.

Also if you like this type of anime tell me and I'll hit you up with a title exactly like this.

Last edited by syke123; 2011-09-22 at 21:58. Reason: NERD
Old 2011-09-23, 06:57   Link #11
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Try REC. Short, sweet, and cute, yet also mature.
Old 2011-09-23, 10:16   Link #12
Undertaker

Quote:
I get you, I would still like to get you to reconsider on spice and wolf it really revolutionized anime romance in my eyes.
But I see your not into anything depressing so S&W should be checked out regardlessly.
I would recommend Kaze no Stigma, it's one of those romances where the girl resents herself for liking the badboy type genre? Also very fun to watch and see how they're relationship builds up. There's currently season 1 on netflix.

Also if you like this type of anime tell me and I'll hit you up with a title exactly like this.
The problem with Kaze no Stigma is that there is no resolution to the series because the source material is from LN and the author had passed away and LN not to mention S1 didn't really establish the feelings of the main characters enough to quality if as a romance, IMHO.
Old 2011-09-23, 14:46   Link #13
Trudinh

Quote:

already watch kaze no stigma
Old 2011-09-23, 14:47   Link #14
Trudinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Try REC. Short, sweet, and cute, yet also mature.
just finish it like yestoday.
and it pretty good. Too bad it too short 12 min per episode lol..
Old 2011-09-23, 14:48   Link #15
Trudinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
than you should like the three shojo titles, all three have modern high-school setting same with Touch, Cross Game, and H2 from Mitsuru Adachi's works.
lol it seen you list mostly sporty anime.
Old 2011-09-23, 15:45   Link #16
Undertaker

Sorry, I love Mitsuru Adachi's works since I was a kid, right up with Toriyama and Oda. With that being said, he works are mostly sport on the outside, romance on in the inside and is the core. They are not really seriously sport like Major or Hajime no Ippo. (which I also enjoy)

But if you don't like sport, than the three shojo are definitely must for romance. All three are extremely well-animated adaption of its manga source.
Old 2011-09-23, 16:30   Link #17
Trudinh

"I want an anime that focus on a girl and a guy falling in love(no 1 guy loving 5 girl crap where he have to pick 1 girl at the end)"

I dont mind if it like kanon, or Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi. where he pick a girl that match with him.
I hate shuffle cause he pick the green hair girl and i think not much people like her. dont list anime where it like shuffle where there a surprise ending and he pick a retarded girl at the end where everyone hate.
Old 2011-09-23, 16:43   Link #18
Trudinh

i was thinking of watch canvas is it worth watching?
Old 2011-09-23, 17:51   Link #19
Undertaker

Canvas is OK, it's a eroge adaption, so harem element is going to be involved. Problem with eroge adaption is that it usually falls in two categories. They either covers the main(true) route or go with ambiguity on female lead. First type tends to end up a bit too serious and over-dramatic while second type has more comedy but could get a bit messy in romance department.

Canvas was one work that try to combine the both type, but IMO, it didn't quite pull it off.

It really depends on what type of romance you're looking for. If you're looking for one guy, one girl who slowly falls in love with outside interruption, than the three shojo that I recommended would be perfect and all three feature good amount to comedy as well.

On the other hand if you are look for more of one guy/girl v.s. many girls/guys who in the end decides on one (similar to Fruit Basket) than by all mean go with Canvas and I can even recommend many other more.
Old 2011-09-23, 23:26   Link #20
syke123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
The problem with Kaze no Stigma is that there is no resolution to the series because the source material is from LN and the author had passed away and LN not to mention S1 didn't really establish the feelings of the main characters enough to quality if as a romance, IMHO.
Yeah I also heard he died, a real shame. I also heard that his recent novels worked closer on they're relationship, although I recommended it because of how light it was. I wouldn't say it's a romance either but it's such fun to watch despite how predictable the plot is, it just seems like something you can't go wrong with since it mixes about everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudinh View Post
already watch kaze no stigma
What about Chobits? It's set in a somewhat futuristic japan where instead of cellphones people carry around miniature robots called persecoms, which does the exact same thing even more. There are also human sizes of these devices which replace humans at selected working environments. Then there are a special type of persecoms which are called chobits, which can feel human emotions if taught basically (supercomputers). And the protagonist finds one of these lying around not knowing what it is, and takes it home and it starts from there. Worth a look if you'd ask me, I liked it.
Closed Thread