AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-01, 15:15   Link #1
Time_Break

Naruto and One Piece finally licensed!

4kids has picked up the rights to the hit anime properties, Naruto and One Piece. It took a while, but I'm glad that the youths of america will finally get a chance to see these brilliant shows. Naruto, and POSSIBLY One Piece, are both set to air on the FoxBox, which is great news if I've ever heard it. With luck, 4kids will do just as good a job with Naruto and One Piece as they did with Shaman King. According to this articale, all the names from Naruto will be changed except for Naruto's himself. They don't want kids trying to fumble around with foreign names like 'Kakashi' and 'Sasuke', so those two characters, for instance, will be renamed 'Silver' and 'Blade', respectively. Much cooler, in my opinion, and way easier to pronounce.

On the One Piece front, there will be even fewer changes, except that all the dramatic flashback episodes will be cut. Kids don't care what the character's motives are, they just want ACTION!

Check animeondvd.com's front page for more info.
Old 2004-04-01, 15:17   Link #2
Bullsquat
Strange Love

The hell?

4kids also got one piece?? Great job Funi...you lost out on a treasure!

Edit: Is this another April Fool's joke??

If it is...it's funny. If it ain't, I'm pulling my hair.
Old 2004-04-01, 15:24   Link #3
Hisoka44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time_Break
They don't want kids trying to fumble around with foreign names like 'Kakashi' and 'Sasuke', so those two characters, for instance, will be renamed 'Silver' and 'Blade', respectively. Much cooler, in my opinion, and way easier to pronounce.
damn, that was very corny and ugly names. lookes alot like april fools.... stupid names indeed..
Old 2004-04-01, 15:28   Link #4
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Well anyways who cares if it gets licenced in the US we will continue to watch naruto anyways from other fansubs hahahaha
Old 2004-04-01, 15:33   Link #5
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time_Break
4kids has picked up the rights to the hit anime properties, Naruto and One Piece.
A new visitor to the forums. Well done Time_Break, you win yourself the exclusive AnimeSuki 7 Day Holiday as described in our Announcement
Closed Thread