AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2011-09-21, 22:39   Link #41
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused View Post
Don't shinigami live for hundreds of years? Is it normal for one to power up this much in a year and a half? If all shinigami power increased this much in only a year and a half then the old man should of been able to rip aizen in half with his eye brows or something.

But alas, logic has no place in shounen....
It makes sense for Renji, and maybe Ikkaku and Hitsugaya. They're still greenhorns, and are still inexperienced with their Bankai. With proper training, they can get power quite quickly. However, they would soon plateau like the other Captains have.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 02:08   Link #42
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Renji telling us that he was training for 17 months "to fight Aizen" is not declaring that he wants to fight Aizen, he is using Aizen as an inspiration. It looks like it's doing great, because his Bankai sucks and the only way to use it efficiently is to be tanky.
Agreed. Motivation can do a lot of things (like get people off their procrastinating ass and lose 10 kg in 3 months), so they should be stronger now
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 02:13   Link #43
rei_ayanami17
Agent 0017

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
Hitsugaya: I will train to fight Aizen once he breaks loose. He hurt Momo.
Konamurra: NOOO, I will train to fight Aizen, he corrupted Tousen.
Byakuya: NOOOOOO, I will fight him, and I don't need to train cause I am a Kuchiki... and btw he dared to kinda rape my little sis, so my Kuchiki pride dictates I shall slay him without drawing my Zanpakotou. However, - that doesn't give you dorks the right to train as if you had the right to fight him in the first place ...
Zaraki: AAAHHH shaddap you conceited fuck. I am bored, so I'm not gonna wait till he breaks out, I'll free him now so I can have a good fight (Yachiru: Ehehehehehe IKEEEE Ken-chan!!!!)
Matsumoto: You stupid men, I will train to fight him cause he took away Gin...
Mayuri: Nobody's gonna fight him, I am currently running an experiment on his body that must not be disturbed ...
etc....
Aizen: Just as planned, Soul Souciety is falling apart over my imprisonment.
LOL at this. Everyone still can't get over to Aizen. Even in this short fullbring arc, his freaking name still arise.

Yah, I'm in a camp of believing that there is a subtle meaning to Renji's word since I don't understand why does shinigami were too early to battle this time. They rush off to kill or finish fullbringers even though they were humans (and weak). Plus, the blatant attempt of Ikkaku backstabbing Yukio which seems showing no mercy for just a kid. If shinigami's just want to settle their unfinished business with the lost representative shinigami, Renji and Rukia are enough to sent to the real world to fight alongside with Ichigo, plus there still Ishida and with the possibility of Uruhara, Isshin and Yourichi to assist.

Gotei 13 might just take advantage to this situation to return Ichigo's power and for Ichigo not thinking that shinigamis were putting their large burden AGAIN to him. Seems like playing safe huh? How nasty! >>

And so i believe that maybe Aizen escaped and hid somewhere else XD.

btw, is the substance leak out to Jackie's engine is oil? blood? or what? Geez! what a dirty fight for Renji.

The colored page is good. Ginjou really looks soooooooo evil!

Ichimaru Gin
rei_ayanami17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 02:14   Link #44
Casshern

The problem with Renji is that when he was introduced he was a badass mofo, but after Byakuya rocked his world in SS he just became everybody's bitch. Worse still, after the SS arc he was reduced to comedy relief; bad comedy relief at that. So now, when he talks big, nobody takes him seriously any more.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 02:34   Link #45
Serp
Moving along....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused View Post
Don't shinigami live for hundreds of years? Is it normal for one to power up this much in a year and a half? If all shinigami power increased this much in only a year and a half then the old man should of been able to rip aizen in half with his eye brows or something.

But alas, logic has no place in shounen....
No way, man. Your logic is flawed. The WHOLE POINT of Aizen getting the Hogyoku was to surpass his limits. The whole point in that is that shinigami can peak or plateau in terms of power. I'm sure Yamamoto can only refine his technique but in terms of power...that dude is it.

Anyways...I don't think the fight between Yamamoto and Aizen would be so onesided if Yamamoto didn't have the strongest ZP.
Serp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 02:36   Link #46
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Still don't understand why the heck Ishida is so friggin' weak. Jesus he would've wtf pwned Renji at the time of the KT arc. It just boggles my mind how Kubo can let a character like that go to waste.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 03:03   Link #47
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
you know,you rly sound like

...think I'll join in
Nice! I like your style.
Old 2011-09-22, 04:20   Link #48
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Fullbringers? More like Fullfodders. When even the king of jobbers can one shot you, you know you're a joke. The good news is that these fights will end quickly. I for one don't care about any of them, except Ichigo's in order to gauge what his current power level is and see whether his bankai form has changed as well (that's assuming he'll need to use bankai).
Old 2011-09-22, 04:43   Link #49
astrallionheart

The Captains and VCs in Bleach are like those level-scaling Bandits in Oblivion.
astrallionheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 06:02   Link #50
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
wow...just wow....

not a good wow too....this chapter could have been 3 panels....her getting dirty, him blocking her kick, him punching her.....if each chapter is going to be,"i own you with fullbring!!!!" and then "you will never own me, i have trained for aizen...and you are no aizen!"....

its going to take 3 months to finish these battles.
Old 2011-09-22, 06:13   Link #51
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Nice! I like your style.
Well, be that as it may, I failed and read it right away
But hey, as I said, Renji looked kinda cool so we're in the green

On the matter of the Fullbrings seemingly gettin raped: I dunno it is weird ... Ok, people like Renji still have a ways to go in completing their powers and it is totally conceivable he continued Bankai training and thus stepped it up another notch or two - And Kenchan oneshotting arrogant freaks might always happen (though I still wonder if tht guy might not "return") ... But all in all - WAY TO WEAK THEY ARE (specially considering all Shinigami should currently be slightly sub-par for having loaded part of their Reiatsu into the sword for Ichigo....)

So, maybe Ginju screwed them over after all? Seems to me for just having recieved a part of Ichigo's badass fullbring they seriously suck - so what if Ginju only fed them the scraps so to speak and kept the true powers to himself after all? Would be kinda like him, neh?!
Old 2011-09-22, 06:50   Link #52
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

I've actually been enjoying these past couple chapters. They could do with more content per chapter but it's great when characters that are actually meant to be powerful aren't struggling with weaklings anymore.

And Ikkaku is just pure badassery. <3
Squarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 07:40   Link #53
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Renji pulling an Ichigo? And beating women? Somehow not as fun as I'd expect.
does it really count as a beating? I mean, he hit her once w/ the hilt of his sword
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 08:30   Link #54
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Poor Xcution member---
They're really executed by those shinigamis

I hope Ginjou and Tsukishima stand in a completely different level.
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 09:27   Link #55
ronin myael
lost ronin

well, at least the art is good in this chapter.

if renji beats this chick without even drawing his sword then i'd be forced to believe that this arc is completely pointless. why do we need fullbringers again? if they can't even pose as real threats to the shinigami then what are they for, target practice? a chance for kubo to stretch his series? *sighs* let's hope the others would prove to be better opponents.
Old 2011-09-22, 10:11   Link #56
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Well, be that as it may, I failed and read it right away
But hey, as I said, Renji looked kinda cool so we're in the green
Well as long as Renji still looks cool. Got a soft spot for that guy and all his tats...

Oddly enough someone left me a comment with regards to my previous post - "fool!" I laughed out loud. Kids these days

It was Naruto and One Piece for me
Old 2011-09-22, 11:07   Link #57
LazyHunter

Well, I expected the Fullbringers to lose against the Shinigami but not this fast. Did the Fullbring ever fought a Shinigami or have they only fought low level hollows and Humans? That would explain their arrogance; they just simply ignore the diferences between shinigami and humans.

Now that i think about it; do the shinigami present have their limiters on? Because if so the Fullbringers are even more dissapointing.

Expecting Rukia and Riruka to have a small fight filled of talk before Riruka gets defeated and spared (she's the only Fullbringer that I like) and Byakuya and Tsukishima to start their fight.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 11:12   Link #58
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

What foolishness is this? Renji actually pwning someone effortlessly? What happened to my Bleach?!
Old 2011-09-22, 11:17   Link #59
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
Well, I expected the Fullbringers to lose against the Shinigami but not this fast. Did the Fullbring ever fought a Shinigami or have they only fought low level hollows and Humans? That would explain their arrogance; they just simply ignore the diferences between shinigami and humans.
Probably it...I mean think about it. They are big fish in a small pond, now the big fish from the big pond payed them a visit.
Or like wolves that suddenly get a visit from a pack of lions.

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 12:30   Link #60
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Probably it...I mean think about it. They are big fish in a small pond, now the big fish from the big pond payed them a visit.
Or like wolves that suddenly get a visit from a pack of lions.
And these aren't just any lions they're dealing with. They are cream of the crop. I mean, when readers think of "shinigami" we're pretty much thinking of captains or VC's because the story features them almost exclusively. It's pretty easy to forget that 99% of shinigami are closer in strength to a shinigami like Zennosuke (Afro-dude) than they are Kenpachi or Byakuya. Chad even points out the insane difference in strength back in the SS arc when he compares the strength of the 8th squad 3rd seat who he beat effortlessly, to the squad captain, who destroyed him in seconds, even though they were just two ranks apart.

So even if the Fullbringers have dealt with ordinary shinigami before, it's understandable that they could be overwhelmed by a VC or captain.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote