AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-21, 17:33   Link #1
syke123

Post Need anime preferably on netflix.

Ok, I was searching for something like kaze no stigma, the sacred blacksmith,demon king daimao. If you've seen one or two of those particular series you'll know the resemblance. Basically a light romance with fantasy,comedy and a little action not too much, because I get bored of action scenes that are too long, especially if they range over 2 episodes long. Also, not as hardcore as spice and wolf, by that I mean you don't get obsessed and end up crying, because there is no season 3 lol. If possible on netflix.
Thanks in advance.

Series I have seen to avoid repetition.
angel beats
spice and wolf
clanad
sekirei
chobits
ahh my goddess

Last edited by syke123; 2011-09-21 at 17:44.
Old 2011-09-21, 19:09   Link #2
Undertaker

Legend of Legendary Hero is a good fantasy piece with interesting lead couple with main lead being a lazy but talented sorcerer and smart-mouth female swordswoman.

Another one would be ToAru series (modern, semi futuristic setting). The series includes: Toaru Majutsu no Index (A Certain Magical Index), Toaru Kagaku no Railgun (A Certain Scientific Railgun), and Toaru Majutsu no Index II, in that order, though it's more harem romance than just having one power couple. It as series about science (espers) v.s. magic.

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka is about a guy who was revived by a female demi-god into a zombie.

Baka to Test to Shōkanjū or Baka (idiot)and Test amd Summon Beast, not really of fantasy genre but a very good Romantic comedy.

Tales of Abyss is not bad either, based on the PS2 RPG of same name.

Older series would be Mahō Senshi Louie (Magical Soldier Louie), Those Who Hunt Elves, Sorcerer Hunters, and of course The Slayers series.

Order series are more likely on Netflix, newer ones should be easy to find in liscensed stream sites like Crunchyroll, Hulu, ANN, Funimation or if all else fails, torrents.
Old 2011-09-21, 21:39   Link #3
syke123

Darn none are on netflix lol .
Old 2011-09-21, 21:58   Link #4
Undertaker

Baka to Test to Shōkanjū is on Netflix as Baka and Test. And The Slayers are on there as well.

Try Crunchyroll or Hulu for the rest,

If you perfer Dub, Funimation has some of their older titles available.
Old 2011-09-21, 22:06   Link #5
jedinat
フリーター

Netflix does not host anime. Though I guess it sort of seems that way... until you turn mute off.
Old 2011-09-21, 23:24   Link #6
syke123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Baka to Test to Shōkanjū is on Netflix as Baka and Test. And The Slayers are on there as well.

Try Crunchyroll or Hulu for the rest,

If you perfer Dub, Funimation has some of their older titles available.
I'll give baka a try, also someone recommended noein what do you think?
Old 2011-09-22, 07:06   Link #7
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Noein is on my favorites lists, and you don't need Netflix to watch it as long as you're satisfied with a dub. It's at Hulu.
Old 2011-09-22, 10:55   Link #8
terazax
ISO my Holo

Send a message via MSN to terazax
rin daughters of mnemosyne - great show, twisted and wierd , not for kids but its good.

try strike witches, its pretty ok, not really too romancy at all lol but it does involve quite a bit of action but its good.

umm it has a lot of action and hardly any romance,,, but it truly is a great series. claymore. its really worth checking out on netflix.
sorry i cant be of too much help. havent been on netflix in ages =(
Old 2011-09-22, 18:00   Link #9
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by syke123 View Post
I'll give baka a try, also someone recommended noein what do you think?
I've actually never watched Noein since Science-Fantasy isn't usually my thing unless they involve espers or robots and tons of action.
Old 2011-09-22, 21:10   Link #10
syke123

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Noein is on my favorites lists, and you don't need Netflix to watch it as long as you're satisfied with a dub. It's at Hulu.
Sadly I don't have any speakers on my pc regardless, I prefer to stream it on netflix this way I could watch it comfortably on my tv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Netflix does not host anime. Though I guess it sort of seems that way... until you turn mute off.
Well I won't lie the only subs they have is bleach, inu yasha, death note, and (Naoki Urasawa's Monster)<-----GENIUS. But I personally like the dubs takes away the need to read, even if sometimes they're poorly done it still sounds more natural to me, considering that almost none of the characters they create looks anything like them. (NO OFFENSE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by terazax View Post
rin daughters of mnemosyne - great show, twisted and wierd , not for kids but its good.

try strike witches, its pretty ok, not really too romancy at all lol but it does involve quite a bit of action but its good.

umm it has a lot of action and hardly any romance,,, but it truly is a great series. claymore. its really worth checking out on netflix.
sorry i cant be of too much help. havent been on netflix in ages =(
Idk rin has had some rough reviews, looks more like hentai to me anyways. Claymore on the other hand is by far one of my favorite series, a shame there won't be a 2nd season.

Quote:
I've actually never watched Noein since Science-Fantasy isn't usually my thing unless they involve espers or robots and tons of action.
Oh, I on the other hand can't stand mecha. Doesn't it get boring after endless fight scenes that drag on for episodes? Depending on if you can go by watching 5+ episodes of a series none stop. It's why I'm asking for a good light romance this way I can finish the series the same day, and not get bored of it, maybe even watch it again the next day.

Last edited by syke123; 2011-09-22 at 21:31. Reason: Because I'm a nerd.
Old 2011-09-23, 03:49   Link #11
terazax
ISO my Holo

Send a message via MSN to terazax
it wasnt a hentai, but is very adult based, and its more torturous than anything, i mean yeah, i loved it, and yes there was mild sex in it, but i wouldnt call it hentai by far. its worth watching.
Old 2011-09-23, 11:10   Link #12
Undertaker

Quote:
Oh, I on the other hand can't stand mecha. Doesn't it get boring after endless fight scenes that drag on for episodes? Depending on if you can go by watching 5+ episodes of a series none stop. It's why I'm asking for a good light romance this way I can finish the series the same day, and not get bored of it, maybe even watch it again the next day.

Because I tend to over-analyze the technical aspect of Sci-Fi genre shows since those series usually based on real life setting/physics. As result those series more often than not ends up being boring and takes too much out of me while watching. Mechas and Espers allows me to overlook the technical aspect of things, so unless there other qualities like comedy, moe, or far-future setting that lessen the real-life impact, I usually bypass them.
Old 2011-09-23, 20:11   Link #13
syke123

Quote:
Originally Posted by terazax View Post
it wasnt a hentai, but is very adult based, and its more torturous than anything, i mean yeah, i loved it, and yes there was mild sex in it, but i wouldnt call it hentai by far. its worth watching.
I guess I could give it a try why not right? Can't say I've seen too many dark themed anime any time soon other than monster.

Quote:
Because I tend to over-analyze the technical aspect of Sci-Fi genre shows since those series usually based on real life setting/physics. As result those series more often than not ends up being boring and takes too much out of me while watching. Mechas and Espers allows me to overlook the technical aspect of things, so unless there other qualities like comedy, moe, or far-future setting that lessen the real-life impact, I usually bypass them.
I try to search for the contrary, the more disconnected it is from reality the more amusing it is.Oh yeah almost forgot, baka and test is hilarious gonna have to watch season 2 next.
Old 2011-09-23, 23:39   Link #14
Undertaker

Quote:
I try to search for the contrary, the more disconnected it is from reality the more amusing it is.Oh yeah almost forgot, baka and test is hilarious gonna have to watch season 2 next.
I'm actually agree with you there, that's why I can't stand Sci-Fi anime without mechas or Esper. If it has neither, than there have to be a lot of moe and comedy to attract me to Sci-Fi anime.

This is also why I'm not into Stein Gate this season despise that people said that it an ok adaption. Though I might still check that one out when I got time because of the girls.

But yes Baka Test is awesome, if you like that check out Mayo Chiki and Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai (Kaminomi for short or The World God Only Knows in English)

Mayo Chiki doesn't have to much action but it's funny with good lite romance as Baka Test.

You should also enjoy Kaminomi. It's about a genius who happens to be a galge (love simulation games) maniac who accidentally establishes a binding contract with a female New-Demon. As result he was force to use his knowledge from galge to seduce demon-possessed girls so he can capture those Old-Demon who escaped their confinement. Each target (for lack of better term) is almost feel like a short romance, and never repeats itself. On the other hand, as story goes by you'll realized the story and main character are surprisingly complex and intriging.
Old 2011-09-25, 06:58   Link #15
Masuzu
ヒーロー
*Author

Hm, Samurai Champloo is on Netflix last I heard.
Old 2011-09-25, 19:20   Link #16
syke123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Hm, Samurai Champloo is on Netflix last I heard.
Never bothered to check it out, I could give it a try if it's good.
Old 2011-09-25, 19:47   Link #17
Undertaker

Quote:
Never bothered to check it out, I could give it a try if it's good.

It's pretty good, kind of like a lighted-hearted Rurouni Kenshin.

Netflix is kind of limited on anime, have you tried other sites like Hulu?
Old 2011-09-25, 20:06   Link #18
syke123

Quote:
It's pretty good, kind of like a lighted-hearted Rurouni Kenshin.

Nope, unfortunately huluplus hasn't released in Canada and my computer speakers broke some time ago. The only alternatives I have now is, either dL online and stream it to my xbox, or watch it on netflix.
Old 2011-09-26, 10:52   Link #19
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
I don't have a Netflix subscription, but Funimation put a number of items in its catalog up for streaming on Netflix late last year and has been adding titles since then. They're all dubbed, though. For subbed versions, you need to stream from Funimation directly.

VIZ offers subtitled versions of some of its shows on Netflix, as well as on Hulu.