AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-10, 10:33   Link #21
Tempester
AS's "Love Live!" Fanatic

Your request is very broad and easy to fulfill. I'll give some great highlights:

Redline
This film is basically about over-the-top, no-holds-barred sci-fi racing. To say the animation is good would be a gross understatement; Madhouse took a whopping seven years to animate this thing, and it shows. Nearly every screenshot is a feast for the eyes and the entire movie is animated in crazy, flashy colors in a successful effort to make everything look cool. The racing action is awesome and keeps you glued to the edge of your seat constantly. The movie does give you a break on the constant racing goodness with the well-contrasted growing romantic relationship between the male protagonist and the female lead. The film is a must-watch for anyone who loves animation in general.

Heartcatch Precure
This is the most badass magical girl anime I've ever seen. If you liked Nanoha, Madoka, and Sailor Moon, you'll adore this. Animation is fairly consistent for a 49-episode anime, and the action scenes are often impressive. The storyline is engrossing, developing the characters very well.

Super Dimension Fortress Macross
Why haven't you seen this yet? This is the original Macross which revolutionized mecha anime. Like all Macross entries, this revolves around a love triangle, although it is slowly introduced. The story is original and revolutionary, and is given a good 36 episodes to develop well. The action is exciting and cool even by today's standards. Don't let the production date of this anime scare you away, because this is really worth watching.
- - - - -
Recently completed anime:
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei
Nagi no Asukara
Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie Part III: Rebellion (JESUS CHRIST WHAT THE HELL HOLY CRAP)
Wake Up, Girls!
Kill la Kill
The Garden of Words
Old 2011-10-11, 21:28   Link #22
Niji

In case it can be one of the many "wimpy guy grows" shows, you totally miss Kenichi on that list. Really good show with some romance, lotta humor, and action. Awesome females.

In case it can be fantasy, and magic, and not all episodes have to explode, try Kekkaishi, and Shounen Onmiyouji. Both very good magic action, SO has some humor too, but Kekkaishi is funnier. SO's female is not so prominent, and definitely not part of action. Still a very good show.

I dont remember how action-y Sukikage Ran is, but I liked both female leads, it is a Samurai show (female samurai). Sukikage-kun herself likes Sake, and lazy-ing around, therefore I am not sure about the action-factor

Shigurui is a VERY gorey, and brutal samurai action show. Strong nerves required. Female not so prominent.

Sengoku Basara and sequel I dont see on your list either. More Samurai, Martial Arts action.

Sword of the Stranger yet another Samurai, Martial Arts, violent.

Hakkenden I did not find outstanding, but not so bad. You guessed it ya? Samurai stuff.

Jin Roh if you consider movies too. Dark thriller, NOT samurai Kinda sorta belongs in your list IMO.

I dont see TTGL Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann in your list either. If you dont mind mecha, and some angsty episodes, it is a good action show. Strong male and female chars.

Flip recommendation: Planetes. Not really too much action, but awesome story & development, good chars, male and female, and it belongs in your list IMO

Last edited by Niji; 2011-10-11 at 21:40.
Old 2011-10-12, 15:15   Link #23
kitten320

^Sengoku Basara and Sword of the stranger barely have any females =/
Though they are good, especially sword of the stranger.
Old 2011-10-25, 10:09   Link #24
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Hmm...have you seen these?:
MAR
When i started watching this i was in "why the heck am i watching this" mood till half of the show, but by the end it ended up being quite a good anime, so thanks ^^.

Will watch the other recommendations as well, but first i'm really feeling like rewatching Sailor Moon so i'll do that first :P.
Old 2011-10-25, 10:26   Link #25
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by delorean2200 View Post
i'm really feeling like rewatching Sailor Moon so i'll do that first :P.
Dude, what are you smokin'?!! Surely strong enough that it makes you longing for Sailormoon!

Just kidding. I watch some episodes of it too when I was little, but I clearly don't miss it though.
Old 2011-10-25, 10:41   Link #26
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

There's way more to that show than meets the eye and quite more complex then it might seem at first or just a few glances, personally i think it was the first one to revolutionize the magic girl type anime.
Old 2011-10-25, 10:49   Link #27
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Yeah, it's a breakthrough for magic girl genre ^_^.

Still, have you read the manga? coz I think it's really better than the anime. Some Sailormoon fans even consider the anime a lackluster adaptation (especially concerning Usagi's whiny personality). You may want to seek the manga if you haven't read it yet.
Old 2011-10-25, 11:03   Link #28
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

I can't get into manga, she's whiny most of the time, true, but she can be reliable when the going gets tough.
Old 2011-10-25, 11:24   Link #29
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Agreed. The anime itself is considered a classic just like Dragonball Z & Saint Seiya.

Itís unfortunate that youíre not into manga. I kinda mesmerized by the Sailormoon anime too when I first saw it. Then I read the manga from my friend, and...damn... the actual story is actually deeper than what was presented in anime. Not to mention that there are many fillers in the anime. Thatís why I said I donít miss the anime.

Just pray that someday, someone will reboot Sailormoon thatís faithful to the source material and live up to its true potential.
Old 2011-10-25, 22:20   Link #30
Undertaker

Speaking of Magic Girl genre. How about PreCure franchises?

The series is like Shonen-fied Sailor Moon, and it's awesome!!!

Also doesn't hurt to have the same director who directed Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z.

I personally recommend the first two series Pretty Cure and Pretty Cure Max Heart, as well as Heartcatch Precure and Precure 5.
Old 2011-10-25, 22:31   Link #31
Ryugamine

If anything I'd say Shikibane Hime and Gai Rei
Old 2011-10-26, 03:27   Link #32
Kirito
Unlimited Flag Works!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito Send a message via Skype™ to Kirito
Speed Grapher is a great option. The main girl can't fight but she's extremely crucial to the story and toward the grown of the main (guy) character.