AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Old 2011-10-01, 08:40   Link #1
Kunagisa

Accel World - Anime General Discussion

Thanks to Master Anime for the heads up!

Announced together with Sword Art Online.

Spoiler for Cover Illustrations:

Website

Author
KAWAHARA Reki

Illustrator
HIMA

Manga Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT
Haruyuki is a fat kid that just entered middle school for half a year. He has the standard fat kid problems like low self-esteem, getting bullied and what not. His only escape is the virtual world, where his brain's reaction speed is not limited by his real world body size. There he plays squash in the school network, where his monsterous score is noticed by the school beauty Princess Snow Black. She wants to recruit him to a special world, where speed and ability to fight determines whether they get to keep their speed or not.

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2012-03-31 at 07:48.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 09:55   Link #2
larethian

It'll be weird if both SAO and Accel World are series that air in the same season. Same genre, same author, self-competing?
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 10:02   Link #3
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
It'll be weird if both SAO and Accel World are series that air in the same season. Same genre, same author, self-competing?
Impossible to compete. SAO will destroy AW in terms of popularity .

People just have serious issue against a fat main character, even though the Haruyuki's an awesome boy. Too bad too as HIMA's art is getting better and better.

Then again ... this series has like a bunch of "legal lolis", so I don't know ...
Old 2011-10-01, 10:22   Link #4
Dark Wing

I'll have to keep an eye out for this series sounds really interesting and besides I love stories about VR worlds...one of the reasons I love .hack.

EDIT: and what in the world is SAO?
Old 2011-10-01, 10:32   Link #5
tomtkp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
I'll have to keep an eye out for this series sounds really interesting and besides I love stories about VR worlds...one of the reasons I love .hack.

EDIT: and what in the world is SAO?
SAO is an abbreviation for Sword Art Online, a VRMMO game in "Sword Art Online" light novel series.
tomtkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 10:32   Link #6
majestix1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Then again ... this series has like a bunch of "legal lolis", so I don't know ...
"Legal Kuudere Loli" i guess.....
Old 2011-10-01, 11:07   Link #7
Kunagisa

I think I should clarify something.

Loli is not the main selling point of this series. Not at all. Due to some cleverly set up plot point, a lot of the main cast in this story turn out to be very young (no it's not convenient that it "just happens" to be that way). I think since both stories deal with VRMMO and from the same author, readers like to draw parallel between the stories.

I guess the inside joke is that Kirito (the main in SAO) has a bishoujo harem, and Haruyuki has a loli harem (both are not true statements, but I'm sure many are convinced they are). I thought I'd mention that since RKB (the loli basketball anime) is somewhat successful ... but the story for AW is a bit deeper and slightly more complex than SAO (until SAO hits a much later arc), and SAO has fair bit amount of setting going for that series as well.

One of the strongest points for Kawahara is his attention to detail in his writing. Adaptation of either to anime is fairly easy (as in you really have to be brain dead to screw it up), you just need a good animation team to back up the battle scenes.
Old 2011-10-01, 12:27   Link #8
Shadow5YA

Considering both series have to do with online games, it's not surprising that there would be kids at all.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 21:50   Link #9
Asuras
Dictadere~!

All of my favorite series are becoming anime series lately!
Old 2011-10-02, 01:02   Link #10
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Nice way to spark my interest, man .
Old 2011-10-02, 01:20   Link #11
AdamEndless9
Straight-Edge Dragon Hero

The website is up now with the PV! http://www.accel-world.net/
Wow, it looks awesome!
Old 2011-10-02, 03:41   Link #12
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Nice way to spark my interest, man .
You ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamEndless9 View Post
The website is up now with the PV! http://www.accel-world.net/
Wow, it looks awesome!
Holy crap, I think AW actually got better end of the deal here. Am I going nuts or do both websites say they're getting game adaptation too O__O?
Old 2011-10-02, 03:50   Link #13
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Impossible to compete. SAO will destroy AW in terms of popularity .

People just have serious issue against a fat main character, even though the Haruyuki's an awesome boy. Too bad too as HIMA's art is getting better and better.
Rawr! I thought only beautiful people are allow to be main characters ?!
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 03:54   Link #14
Xacual

Quote:
Holy crap, I think AW actually got better end of the deal here. Am I going nuts or do both websites say they're getting game adaptation too O__O?
Yeah apparently they are getting game adaptations too.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 03:56   Link #15
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Only if they are fabulous enough.

Though now we understand why they're waiting so long to animate both of these titles, seems they want to coincide this with ASCII Media Works' 20th anniversary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Yeah apparently they are getting game adaptations too.
Should turn both of them into the same VRMMORPG.
Old 2011-10-02, 05:47   Link #16
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

This anime will be licensed by Bandai Visual, as accorded by the official website.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 06:19   Link #17
Sage Shinigami

Send a message via AIM to Sage Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Sage Shinigami
Quote:
I think I should clarify something.

Loli is not the main selling point of this series. Not at all. Due to some cleverly set up plot point, a lot of the main cast in this story turn out to be very young (no it's not convenient that it "just happens" to be that way). I think since both stories deal with VRMMO and from the same author, readers like to draw parallel between the stories.

I guess the inside joke is that Kirito (the main in SAO) has a bishoujo harem, and Haruyuki has a loli harem (both are not true statements, but I'm sure many are convinced they are). I thought I'd mention that since RKB (the loli basketball anime) is somewhat successful ... but the story for AW is a bit deeper and slightly more complex than SAO (until SAO hits a much later arc), and SAO has fair bit amount of setting going for that series as well.

One of the strongest points for Kawahara is his attention to detail in his writing. Adaptation of either to anime is fairly easy (as in you really have to be brain dead to screw it up), you just need a good animation team to back up the battle scenes.
So SAO actually has fight scenes in it? I'd definitely watch if that were the case.
Sage Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 06:21   Link #18
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Shinigami View Post
So SAO actually has fight scenes in it? I'd definitely watch if that were the case.
Yes, though you should probably discuss this in the SAO thread .
Old 2011-10-02, 06:50   Link #19
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Haha, I believe that many people held the same stereotype, which is probably why you don't see Accel World having the same amount of popularity as SAO.

But its precisely why the main character is like that he is such an awesome character! Watch him as he challenges the stereotype and gain his loli harem!

Last edited by com_gwp; 2011-10-02 at 11:50.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 07:04   Link #20
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
You ...

You oughta finish what you want to say

In all seriousness, for a title that I haven't heard about, of course a certain element to pull me in so I could have a clue what it is and start doing my research is necessary, so I won't say it's a bad thing.

The PV is impressive, but it doesn't tell me anything about the main character. I don't really have issue with fat character, it's just that the stereotype they usually are don't give a good impression to me . Hopefully this one will be different.

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, sci-fi, shounen