AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Accel World

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-04-04, 02:08   Link #461
Utsuro no Hako
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Utsuro no Hako: Yuki Kaji voicing the MC gives them the idea that this will be the next Guilty Crown (whiny male lead becomes badass) and they will "drop it every single week of its broadcast".
I can't say I'm impressed by his performance in AW so far, but Guilty Crown's problems were well beyond him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
how is this series related to Sword Art Online again?
SAO shows the origin of the technology in Accel World.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 02:21   Link #462
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
I must confess, I actually like Kaji Yuki in this role - and I believe that's quite literally a first for me. I thought the premier was splendid visually, with great sound design and BGM, and generally coherent and well-paced.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 03:03   Link #463
sa547
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akarin View Post
Same author and I hope we will see them fight in the OVA.

Spoilers
Spoiler for Kirito (sword art online) vs Cartman (accel world)
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
It's too early, but such a crossover would be hard to ignore for being potentially awesome. Now this'll be hard for me to root for whom.
__________________
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 03:27   Link #464
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDF2050 View Post
Same author (same art style)
Same art style? X'cuse me, what? abec got 6th and 3rd place in 2011 & 2012 respectively for his illustrations in SAO......
__________________
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 03:31   Link #465
MisaoFan
Prefectural Magical Girl
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Paris, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Same art style? X'cuse me, what? abec got 6th and 3rd place in 2011 & 2012 respectively for his illustrations in SAO......
Both AW and SAO do not have the same artist. The first one is illustrated by HIMA, while the second is illustrated by abec.
__________________
<img src=http://i.imgur.com/O5yUSnx.png border=0 alt= />I will protect you from the darkness and I change my destiny.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 03:51   Link #466
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Both AW and SAO do not have the same artist. The first one is illustrated by HIMA, while the second is illustrated by abec.
Err, that's what I'm trying to hint to RDF2050...... read the atmosphere
__________________
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 03:54   Link #467
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: At the darkness beyond time.
the manga of this throwed me of, the pv of the series got me interested, nd the 2 eps aleready hooked me, i usually hate wimpy characters therefore the shows with those characters, but it didnt follow all the conventions these kind of characters usually have.
__________________
zeniselv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 04:43   Link #468
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Am I the only one who thinks that MC looks like fat version of Shouma?
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 05:24   Link #469
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
.........The connection is...?
I need connections to explain what people love to complain about this series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
long!
1)+2)
I was in a school full of racist kids back middle school. People called me all sort of names and dump the shit left by erasers on my head among other fun things. I can beat their asses up and look like some crazy kid in front of the teachers and get both suspended since some of the teachers frankly just don't give a crap, or do nothing and go to a better place in 2 years because they can't even fucking do simple algebra at 6th grade. You know how annoying it is to have people stand up for you and the situations exacerbate every time (even worse if they are girls)? People have different ways of dealing with this kind of shit. Just cause you didn't have friends to help you doesn't mean that is always good thing to have.

3)
So you accused him for not treasuring his friends and then turn around and completely dismissed his intentions. If end justify all the means (which is cool, I'm that kind of guy too), then what part of he was interrupted when he started to apologize did you not understand.

4)
Where do you even get that he's pushing her away except when she tried to take pity on him after he just got bullied. Just cause you think pride is not important doesn't mean most middle school kids don't.

He worked on that score little by little over a long ass time, then someone come and wreck the score in a day not by a little bit but a by a huge margin, that's the equivalent of someone on the 50th step of creating a Maitotoxin (I don't have a less retarded analogy in mind at the moment) and another comes in out of nowhere and instantly got to the 60th step, which instantly negates all the lead you had in the field and left you by the miles and erasing all the time and effort you put into it (guess what, end justify all the means right).

Also wtf you mean miracle fall out of the sky, if he didn't freaking keep practicing squash over so many freaking years nobody would take notice of him. Virtual game effort is still effort.

In an nutshell, you based your own experience and disliked the MC for legitimately getting helped and then you lack the experience to understand the story from his perspective. I'm so glad life worked out for you from your own experience (no sarcasm truly), but maybe you should work on understanding another person's psyche from that person's perspective instead of judging them from your own.

---

For people hoping for a crossover to appear can give up, that's not possible because even the author himself doesn't think the story's canon (ref: vol 10 afterword).
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 06:04   Link #470
Allium
BRE@TH//LESS
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: The pale blue dot...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that MC looks like fat version of Shouma?
I couldn't help thinking of Shu too. (I really have to let go of GC...)

Anyway, I really like the setting of the anime, and its emphasis on the 'virtual world/reality' thing. Looks promising so far.
Allium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 08:26   Link #471
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 大欲界天狗道
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post

For people hoping for a crossover to appear can give up, that's not possible because even the author himself doesn't think the story's canon (ref: vol 10 afterword).
Meaning SAO?

Quote:
Cartman (I'm not calling him by his real name)...is given a program that glorifies what he's already good at. There aren't any real stakes, he didn't earn it by trying to better himself, the girl who gave it to him is mostly nice, he has friends who would help him (sort of), and his life didn't become worse upon receiving it. Why the heck am I supposed to care for him? And if I'm not supposed to care for him then why aren't you trying to make him unlikeable?
So...let me get this straight, in your view anyone whom you specifically, don't care for, has to be unlikeable....I see...
__________________

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2012-04-04 at 11:05.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 09:58   Link #472
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
1)+2)
I was in a school full of racist kids back middle school. People called me all sort of names and dump the shit left by erasers on my head among other fun things. I can beat their asses up and look like some crazy kid in front of the teachers and get both suspended since some of the teachers frankly just don't give a crap, or do nothing and go to a better place in 2 years because they can't even fucking do simple algebra at 6th grade. You know how annoying it is to have people stand up for you and the situations exacerbate every time (even worse if they are girls)? People have different ways of dealing with this kind of shit. Just cause you didn't have friends to help you doesn't mean that is always good thing to have.

3)
So you accused him for not treasuring his friends and then turn around and completely dismissed his intentions. If end justify all the means (which is cool, I'm that kind of guy too), then what part of he was interrupted when he started to apologize did you not understand.

4)
Where do you even get that he's pushing her away except when she tried to take pity on him after he just got bullied. Just cause you think pride is not important doesn't mean most middle school kids don't.

He worked on that score little by little over a long ass time, then someone come and wreck the score in a day not by a little bit but a by a huge margin, that's the equivalent of someone on the 50th step of creating a Maitotoxin (I don't have a less retarded analogy in mind at the moment) and another comes in out of nowhere and instantly got to the 60th step, which instantly negates all the lead you had in the field and left you by the miles and erasing all the time and effort you put into it (guess what, end justify all the means right).

Also wtf you mean miracle fall out of the sky, if he didn't freaking keep practicing squash over so many freaking years nobody would take notice of him. Virtual game effort is still effort.

In an nutshell, you based your own experience and disliked the MC for legitimately getting helped and then you lack the experience to understand the story from his perspective. I'm so glad life worked out for you from your own experience (no sarcasm truly), but maybe you should work on understanding another person's psyche from that person's perspective instead of judging them from your own.
1) + 2)
Like if I don't know, teachers never really did anything. I also have a younger sister, we studied at different schools and in comparison to me she actually hit people in return for getting bullied. The bastards threw food at her, destroyed her work and teachers did nothing yet when she punched them for that she was the one at fault! No matter what we told them, they did nothing. She was promised to get kicked out of school if that kept up, getting into different school would be hard so she had to endure it. Thankfully things are better for her now too.
Yeh I can understand that, it is annoying that you can't deal with it yourself. I would gladly go back in past and punch some faces myself now.
However, it is also your fault that you didn't use that support to get better. I was a coward and I still have some of it left (not easy to fight the cowardliness). However, if someone were to help me out, I'm sure my cowardliness would drop and I would stand up for myself along and eventually I could fight back on my own. All I needed was a small push of support.
You can get angry about it at first but eventually you need to learn to appreciate it and use it. And that's what I expect MC to do. Stories like this are a rushed version of reality so what I'm asking for is not so far fetched.

3) Because he didn't attempt to apologize for a second time. But now the issue is long time in the past so I probably would not apologize either at this point. But I would try to make up for it later. Right now MC is in tough spot where his real friend is in a fight with "new". All I hope for is that he won't get on his real friends back side now.

4) I never said that, I'm a very pride person, some say I'm too prideful. When someone offers a hand to help me climb the stairs or get off the wall or something, I don't accept it because I see no point in it. Those things are trivial and I can do it myself.
Here getting a snack would not hurt him or his pride. If it's too much to ask then at least taste one out of politeness. Or say I'm not hungry. BUT NOT SMASHING THE BASKET!

How do you know that? Maybe the person practiced somewhere else? Maybe the person used other name before that? Besides it's not a huge number difference there.
I was always outclassed by top classmates no matter what I did. However, I didn't give up and eventually had my moments of glory too. I was good at maths and eventually math competitions started. However, I was never picked as a representative even though some of my marks were better than those that were picked. Did I give up? No. I felt sad and angry but it made me want to work harder and eventually it payed off. I got picked for competitions, I got recognized and I won the prize. MC went straight to suicidal path "I lost, my life is over".

Oh come on, all of those MCs have favored situations.
Ouma Shu miraculously has a talent for getting voids.
Yukki for no real reason happened to be a love interest of the most scary girl on earth.
Tsuna happened to be mafiosy, got the best teacher on earth and bunch of friends that support him no matter how dumb he acts. Gokudera is the most blind character I have ever met! And he also has those super pills that make a 180 turn in character and power.
Harayuki lives in a convenient world where Virtual world rules the reality. Come on, how getting a high score in computer squash game would help you in our reality?

As I said, if MC does anything to actually become better in later episodes, I'll let him slide.

Besides so far he is the least irritating MC out of those I listed.

P.S. Besides I hate my past self so looking at pathetic MC that reminds me of myself is meant to get rage from me. Heck, I would gladly slap my past self if I could!
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 10:58   Link #473
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Earth...hopefully
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Oh come on, all of those MCs have favored situations.
Ouma Shu miraculously has a talent for getting voids.
Yukki for no real reason happened to be a love interest of the most scary girl on earth.
Tsuna happened to be mafiosy, got the best teacher on earth and bunch of friends that support him no matter how dumb he acts. Gokudera is the most blind character I have ever met! And he also has those super pills that make a 180 turn in character and power.
Harayuki lives in a convenient world where Virtual world rules the reality. Come on, how getting a high score in computer squash game would help you in our reality?
Yeah, but Yuki's favored situations made his life worse, and made him worse in the process, so I could accept him being given gifts he didn't deserve. Plus, I fail to see how being given a psychopath for a girlfriend is a gift.

Tsuna's favored situations are a bit iffy because he didn't actually earn the stuff Reborn gave him initially, but the show was a comedy and Reborn started to only shoot him after he started to work towards bettering himself, so I took it fine.

Most people know my opinion on Shu, so I won't go into detail too much, but I didn't like how he got rewarded for stuff he didn't deserve.

Cartman (I'm not calling him by his real name)...is given a program that glorifies what he's already good at. There aren't any real stakes, he didn't earn it by trying to better himself, the girl who gave it to him is mostly nice, he has friends who would help him (sort of), and his life didn't become worse upon receiving it. Why the heck am I supposed to care for him? And if I'm not supposed to care for him then why is the story trying to make us like him?

Edit: I had my share of bad moments when I was young too. However, I wasn't rewarded for my behavior, so I really can't stand it when wimp characters are rewarded for stuff they don't deserve, unless the reward backfires.
__________________

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 11:52   Link #474
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Point taken. That's why Yukki sucks in my book.

Tsuna is fine as long as his in battle form, the moment he is normal, he is the same dumb, coward. It's like if he has split personality and I don't like it =/
If you want character to be bad ass then keep it that way all the time and not only when he takes drugs!

Yeh, that's my point. Those MCs don't interest me.
I never watch show for MC, truthfully they all annoy me since their fate is clear from the start. The only MC I ever cared for was Edward Elric, everyone else can die. Maybe then I'll like them.
I watch shows for story, concept and side characters.
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 12:16   Link #475
Rayrah
Femme Fatale
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
I remember reading the first few chapters of the manga some 2 to 3 months ago. And frankly, while it did have an interesting premise and a promising cast of characters, I felt that it stumbled in its execution. The overall experience was forgettable for me to such a degree that I couldn't recall any of the major plot points whilst watching the first two episodes. If I had to blame this on anything, it would probably be the quality of the art.

As a result of that, I thought I'd be better of skipping this show. But after having heard the praise some of my friends were giving the anime adaptation, I decided to give it a go. And I'm glad that I did, because I greatly enjoyed watching the first two episodes. Now, all I need is some romance between who seem to be the main characters, and then everything will be present for me to love this show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akarin View Post
Nabbing this one, thanks. P:

Edit: I almost forgot; I wonder what Kuroyukihime's avatar looks like. What are the chances it's that purple mecha suit seen in the promo art? (Whenever a heroine says her appearance is hideous I think of Saya no Uta and.. yeah..)

Last edited by Rayrah; 2012-04-04 at 14:38.
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 14:27   Link #476
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Some of the judgementaries are laughworthy. I mean, how much anime does one have to watch to learn early judgements are usually just well, prejudgements? Relax, and just watch on to learn about the characters' true personalities and motivations. Can't say much for the manga, but I like volume 1 of the LN enough to keep on reading, despite some of the questionable points on the setting. Hard to compare with SAO at this point, since I haven't read enough yet. As for the anime version, I find that the techno parts seem to be lacking in special effects, or the special effects don't seem to fit with what I imagined. That's all for now.
__________________
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 16:39   Link #477
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ, USA
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akarin View Post
.
I'll claim this one, thanks
__________________
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 21:49   Link #478
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Earth...hopefully
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Some of the judgementaries are laughworthy. I mean, how much anime does one have to watch to learn early judgements are usually just well, prejudgements? Relax, and just watch on to learn about the characters' true personalities and motivations.
I don't like the kind of wimp protagonist that the lead is, but that's not the reason why I don't feel like sticking to this series. I'm not sticking to it because I decided to read the manga to get a grasp on what the series is about and it didn't appeal to me. This isn't exactly a spoiler, but just in case...

Spoiler for Why I'm not continuing:
__________________

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 22:14   Link #479
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lost in the Fairy Forest
Great anther annoying wuss main male character


And did any one else think of Spider Pig
__________________
Master_Yoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 22:18   Link #480
Drob_QB7
AYE SIR!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Houston
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
I don't like the kind of wimp protagonist that the lead is, but that's not the reason why I don't feel like sticking to this series. I'm not sticking to it because I decided to read the manga to get a grasp on what the series is about and it didn't appeal to me. This isn't exactly a spoiler, but just in case...

Spoiler for Why I'm not continuing:
Spoiler for Not really a spoiler but anyways:
Drob_QB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, sci-fi, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.