AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Accel World

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-04-22, 11:53   Link #881
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Holy smokes what is going on in this thread? Should I still be posting about the show here or is this basically shipping and ecchi celebration central now?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 11:55   Link #882
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
but the reason they are fighting is because of this scenes
I don't think so, but in any case, can't they just give a short verbal summary of the fights, like in Katanagatari, they are so damn boring in general, and this case ridiculous, unoriginal, and ugly. On the other hand, that childhood friend looked really good with an inflatable toy looking like her friend on top of her performing all the logical movements, but alas on the air, instead of where everyone was expecting
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 11:59   Link #883
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
katanagatari has different style. And that's the style of the author. This one is different. It's about brain burst and brain burst is a fighting game. So their would be fighting to reach level 10. That's what KYH wants and that's what would Haru wants. Because he is completely blind or admired his sempai


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Holy smokes what is going on in this thread? Should I still be posting about the show here or is this basically shipping and ecchi celebration central now?
Nope, this thread is still sane and not yet going crazy.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 12:08   Link #884
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Holy smokes what is going on in this thread? Should I still be posting about the show here or is this basically shipping and ecchi celebration central now?
Nah... I am pretty sure everyone will resume talking about the deep plot and rich setting soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
katanagatari has different style. And that's the style of the author. This one is different. It's about brain burst and brain burst is a fighting game. So their would be fighting to reach level 10. That's what KYH wants and that's what would Haru wants. Because he is completely blind or admired his sempai
I know, I just expressed a wish, I know very well the show's target audience
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 12:43   Link #885
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Israel
Age: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I don't think that KHY would just entrust his hopes on Haru just because he score high in that virtual tennis She might have more reasons or maybe she already investigate more about Haru and his skills in the VR world.

I just don't think KHY is the type to trust others without reasons. She even make a whole lot of preparations in trying to persuade him but he just okays with it in trying to receive brain burst. She even plans on how to capture cyan pile and she is more of the calculative type for me. Schemer maybe?
I think the main reason KHY chose Haru is because of his closeness to Chiyu. She does suspect Chiyu is her "stalker", so KHY picked someone close to her she wouldn't hurt. In other words, she uses Haru in the same way she hinted Chiyu might be using him.
Personally I think she's a jerk.
__________________
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 14:19   Link #886
Salt
the cynic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Somewhere between life and death.
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
You're missing out, then. The plot of Accel World IMO isn't fight driven, but character driven. eg, this recent 3rd episode with no fight scenes of any kind, instead delving into relationships. Fights happen here not because 'the plot demands it' like in DragonBall or Bleach, but truly because of conflicts between characters, because of their emotions or clashing ideals and such.
Quote:
Originally Posted by apsody243 View Post
As Flere821 just said there is more to this show than just fighting. A lot more, I can't say any more than that because I don't want to spoil anything, but I would advise against dropping it so soon.
Hmmm ...

Just exactly how "intense" are the "conflicts". If it's like Death Note's nerve-recking high tension plot twists ... lets just say I drop Death Note after the first manga chapter, I felt if I continue to read it I would probably get a heart attack.

Yeah, given the amount of doubts I have about the show, it isn't quite catching on with me. LOL. However I still have some interest in it hence my asking around. A bit more info would be helpful - exactly what sort of "idealogical" conflict; might actually be retreading old ground for me.

Quote:
Of course, if you're dropping this due to boredom of romance in anime these days I won't blame you
Actually that and slice of life are mostly what I watch. They are relaxing, funny and have cute girls with charming storylines.

Well, those and any anime with an "interesting setting", e.g. Ghost in the Shell (1995), Patlabor (OVA and movies**), Eve no Jikan, Dantalian no Shoka, UN-GO ...

Accel World's setting kind of qualifies but ... it isn't really a big part of things is it ...

** Yeah, quite a fan of Mamoru Oshii
__________________
De gustibus non est disputandum.
Salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 14:39   Link #887
com_gwp
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
^Salt, I totally get why you'd be this cynical about the show.

Regarding this ideological conflict, you'll probably see it within 2 episodes as we near the climax of the arc. So, I'd persuade you to at least keep up till the end of this first arc, which should give you a much better understanding of where the show intends to go thematically, and perhaps allow you to make a more informed decision on whether this show is something you want to follow.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 14:55   Link #888
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
@salt, have you tried watching it for yourself? it looks to me your asking opinion of others than actual spoilers for the story. I think it's better to see it for yourself and judge it by your own standards.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 19:08   Link #889
king12354
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Good but it feels like this series would devolve like SAO did. Characters show some depth but closely mirror a lot of other main/supporting characters. And the accelerated world is too massive to the scope of the imagination that I don't think the author can keep it up.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 21:08   Link #890
GundamZZ
残念美人
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Nah... I am pretty sure everyone will resume talking about the deep plot and rich setting soon

I know, I just expressed a wish, I know very well the show's target audience
Let's chat about it. ^_^
Apparently, the target audience are people with some knowledge of computer terminology.

From this episode, we find out that Chiyuri is the vicitim of the intrusion. Her system becomes the dummy computer. Assuming the backdoor is installed by some trust source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipeida
A backdoor in a computer system (or cryptosystem or algorithm) is a method of bypassing normal authentication, securing remote access to a computer, obtaining access to plaintext, and so on, while attempting to remain undetected. The backdoor may take the form of an installed program (e.g., Back Orifice) or may subvert the system through a rootkit.
Another possibility is that she downloaded too many "free software". In real life, some girl's computers are like host of worms and rootkits. They use all sort of peer to peer service without learning any security measures. If they did, it would save their time for asking tech support. We can assume Chiyuri is one of these girls.
__________________
流麗のヒステリア Hysteria of flowing beautifully
三つ腕のリヒティ Lichty of three arms
重剣のクロエ Chloe of giant sword
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust

Last edited by GundamZZ; 2012-04-23 at 00:09.
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 02:03   Link #891
Flere821
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt View Post
Hmmm ...

Just exactly how "intense" are the "conflicts". If it's like Death Note's nerve-recking high tension plot twists ... lets just say I drop Death Note after the first manga chapter, I felt if I continue to read it I would probably get a heart attack.

Yeah, given the amount of doubts I have about the show, it isn't quite catching on with me. LOL. However I still have some interest in it hence my asking around. A bit more info would be helpful - exactly what sort of "idealogical" conflict; might actually be retreading old ground for me.



Actually that and slice of life are mostly what I watch. They are relaxing, funny and have cute girls with charming storylines.

Well, those and any anime with an "interesting setting", e.g. Ghost in the Shell (1995), Patlabor (OVA and movies**), Eve no Jikan, Dantalian no Shoka, UN-GO ...

Accel World's setting kind of qualifies but ... it isn't really a big part of things is it ...

** Yeah, quite a fan of Mamoru Oshii
Nerve-wrecking like Death Note? Nah, not that bad. Though I've only read the manga of Death Note and that was years ago...

I'd say finish this current arc, at least. 2-3 more episode to go. Drop it then if it doesn't suit your taste.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 03:55   Link #892
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
Haven't watched this series, but the reason why Kuroyukihime "recruited" Plump Shu (whose real name escapes me) is to hire someone who would defeat the game before she would defeat him? Honestly, that's cowardice in Kuroyukihime's part, and I hope that she would learn to not mess with Plump Shu or end up dying in the hands of her own conscript.
__________________
Marcus' Handpicked!
Summer 2014: Hanayamata, Rail Wars!, Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?, Sabagebu!, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun and Hanamonogatari.
Spring 2014: No Game No Life, Date A Live II, Magica Wars, Fairy Tail and Isshukan Friends.


Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 35. Completed: 208. Plan to watch: 35.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 04:41   Link #893
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Haven't watched this series, but the reason why Kuroyukihime "recruited" Plump Shu (whose real name escapes me) is to hire someone who would defeat the game before she would defeat him? Honestly, that's cowardice in Kuroyukihime's part, and I hope that she would learn to not mess with Plump Shu or end up dying in the hands of her own conscript.
You can call 'Plump Shu' Haru .

At this point in time in the anime, she wants him to help her find the real identity of Cyan Pile. Having him install the Burst Link program means that, if Cyan Pile challenges Hime in the school's local net, Haru will also 'Accelerate' since he has the Burst Link program installed and logged in to the school's local net as well. When 'Accelerated', they will see cursors indicating the direction of Cyan Pile, and from there they can find the intersection point and pinpoint the real identity of Cyan Pile.

Any other reason she might have beyond that falls under future event spoiler category.

I guess you might not understand my explanation so you should just watch it, or go to the LN thread to ask.
__________________
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 05:40   Link #894
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt View Post
Hmmm ...

Just exactly how "intense" are the "conflicts". If it's like Death Note's nerve-recking high tension plot twists ... lets just say I drop Death Note after the first manga chapter, I felt if I continue to read it I would probably get a heart attack.

Yeah, given the amount of doubts I have about the show, it isn't quite catching on with me. LOL. However I still have some interest in it hence my asking around. A bit more info would be helpful - exactly what sort of "idealogical" conflict; might actually be retreading old ground for me.

It isn't conflict per se, rather character interaction
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 06:59   Link #895
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
It isn't conflict per se, rather character interaction
The story revolves under those character interaction. This story is a character driven story.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 08:01   Link #896
joshuafaramir
Book Elitist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nasuverse
Man, every time I hear the name "Haru" I always remember that BlueRay h-scene from two incestuous white-haired siblings.

Anyway, Kuryohime, that she-devil-but-cute-as-hell, might be on to something sinister. After all, "one should never trust a beautiful woman, especially if she's interested in you", to quote a certain someone.

Then again, if I'm fat, low-esteemed, and insecure guy like "Haru", I'd be happy if somebody as pretty and popular like Kuryohime gives me notice. RIGHT? RIGHT?
__________________
joshuafaramir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 08:24   Link #897
Forever
Revealing the truth
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Holy smokes what is going on in this thread? Should I still be posting about the show here or is this basically shipping and ecchi celebration central now?
Maybe it is time for a sub forum where those stuff can be seperated...
__________________
Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 08:35   Link #898
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Third episode was decent. We learned more, again. Chiyu is a bitch, go out with the first one that asks you...

And I guess Taku (or someone) gave her a backdoor.

I know, bad joke. I couldn't resist though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Maybe it is time for a sub forum where those stuff can be seperated...
Except it's that kind of talk that prevents a subforum from forming.
__________________
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 09:35   Link #899
Neki Ecko
Do you "love" me
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Everett, Washington
Age: 34
Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Third episode was decent. We learned more, again. Chiyu is a bitch, go out with the first one that asks you...

And I guess Taku (or someone) gave her a backdoor.

I know, bad joke. I couldn't resist though.

Except it's that kind of talk that prevents a subforum from forming.
Well it work for some and didnt for others, so let see how this is plays out. Besides, its some love on the LN side of the house. But third episode is decent and we learned more about the trio and why KYH did what she have done.
__________________
Neki Ecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 12:37   Link #900
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuafaramir View Post
Man, every time I hear the name "Haru" I always remember that BlueRay h-scene from two incestuous white-haired siblings.

Anyway, Kuryohime, that she-devil-but-cute-as-hell, might be on to something sinister. After all, "one should never trust a beautiful woman, especially if she's interested in you", to quote a certain someone.

Then again, if I'm fat, low-esteemed, and insecure guy like "Haru", I'd be happy if somebody as pretty and popular like Kuryohime gives me notice. RIGHT? RIGHT?
All things considered, he'd have been happy with a kick in the nuts, let alone anything upward of friendly.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, sci-fi, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.