AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Accel World

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-05-07, 22:23   Link #1341
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos! View Post
Nothing was mentioned about if he was backstabbed or frontstabbed or sidestabbed. Basically Red King was offed with his head while he was talking, and they did have some sort of "bond, friendship and respect".
So he was backstabbed then. Not in the literal sense of ''stabbing in the back'' but in the ''we all agreed that we wont fight and yet you still killed someone anyways'' sense.
__________________
Arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 22:52   Link #1342
AzureWrath
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Ummm is Brain Burst a zero sum game? If it is, then where are all the points coming from? Newbies only come in with 100 points an points are used just to call a battle plus for the whims of the user. I can't imagine there are tons of points around.

How and where are points coming from? If it is really only from newbies entering the game, then Brain Burst has no real future since there can't be that many kids around with the required specs >.>
__________________
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 03:01   Link #1343
FlameSparkZ
Ambiguous Pokerface
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Limbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureWrath View Post
Ummm is Brain Burst a zero sum game? If it is, then where are all the points coming from? Newbies only come in with 100 points an points are used just to call a battle plus for the whims of the user. I can't imagine there are tons of points around.

How and where are points coming from? If it is really only from newbies entering the game, then Brain Burst has no real future since there can't be that many kids around with the required specs >.>
As far as I know, Burst Points only come from players, so the only way to inject more points into the system is to recruit new players.

Besides, there'll always be enough potential players. Because kids of age 15 or under already clear the first requirement, which is to have the Neuro Linker equipped since young age.
The only problem I see is how to convince the kid into accepting an "unknown program", and clearing the second requirement (successful installation).

Also, anyone knows if Brain Burst is global or just limited to Japan? (though, I think it's the later)
__________________
FlameSparkZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 03:15   Link #1344
Kaos!
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureWrath View Post
Ummm is Brain Burst a zero sum game? If it is, then where are all the points coming from? Newbies only come in with 100 points an points are used just to call a battle plus for the whims of the user. I can't imagine there are tons of points around.

How and where are points coming from? If it is really only from newbies entering the game, then Brain Burst has no real future since there can't be that many kids around with the required specs >.>
This type of question you're better off asking at the LN/Manga section. Too much spoilers involved.
Kaos! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 03:16   Link #1345
Cannikin
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
After watching episode 5 the thing that stood out most for me was... the absolutely cringe-worthy voice acting of the spectator in glasses.

His utter lack of emotion in the face of ostensibly shocking revelations approaches the level of House of the Dead 2.

Last edited by Cannikin; 2012-05-08 at 03:33.
Cannikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 04:42   Link #1346
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos! View Post
Spoiler for Comparison of KYH's reason of killing off Red King in anime and in novel:


Nothing was mentioned about if he was backstabbed or frontstabbed or sidestabbed. Basically Red King was offed with his head while he was talking, and they did have some sort of "bond, friendship and respect".
It was still backstabbing (it doesn't have to be a literal knife in the back, just a betrayal of trust.
And look at the first thing said, they were RIVALS. Most of the kings were rivals above all else, thus why they had to make the meeting to agree to peace in the first place. If they were friends then the meeting would be unnecessary.
People have to realize that this isn't all that different than a normal person playing an MMO nowadays. We have players in a PvP server on opposite factions, they will fight when they encounter eachother because that is the point of the game. The only reason they even thought of making a truce was because they were a 13 year old kids or younger that didn't want to lose their precious game.

It was a betrayal of trust as peace in the meeting was agreed upon before hand and she still attacked the Red King. However it was not a betrayal when it comes to their personal relationships with eachother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
I think Kuro like Haru..maybe..idk... but he's a dumbass to actually trust a woman who don't want peace and instead off her "friend" head without a warning :\
Yes, KYH loves Haru. But why wouldn't he trust her because she was playing the game how it was meant to be played? If you're playing an online game don't you want to reach the max level? The top of the score boards? It's a game, competition is needed. What they are doing, peace, is cowardly, they just want to keep their precious game without taking any risks. It's not like going to war will kill or even harm innocent people IRL, at most lower level players would become easier targets but again...it's a video game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannikin View Post
After watching episode 5 the thing that stood out most for me was... the absolutely cringe-worthy voice acting of the spectator in glasses.

His utter lack of emotion in the face of ostensibly shocking revelations approaches the level of House of the Dead 2.
While I agree that it is bad voice acting, but he isn't a pro...I think it's a nice touch to have the AUTHOR voice an exposition character in his series' anime!
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 07:28   Link #1347
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
As far as I know, Burst Points only come from players, so the only way to inject more points into the system is to recruit new players.

Besides, there'll always be enough potential players. Because kids of age 15 or under already clear the first requirement, which is to have the Neuro Linker equipped since young age.
The only problem I see is how to convince the kid into accepting an "unknown program", and clearing the second requirement (successful installation).

Also, anyone knows if Brain Burst is global or just limited to Japan? (though, I think it's the later)
first for points wait for future episodes to see the real accel world.

For players. The first requirement is easy but the second requirement would be hard because the second requirement isn't just successful installation. The installer is searching your mind of mental scars or traumas of past. This is the second real requirement and also the source of strength for the duel avatar.

Because its already explained that the duel avatar doesn't scan for your ideals or potentials. It scans for your weakness, trauma, fears or just negative feelings which can be use to mold your duel avatars form. Without the trauma. You won't get a successful installation and you won't get your duel avatar.

As for scale. Wait for future episode.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 07:32   Link #1348
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Philippines
In a way, all Burst Linkers have major issues or emotional baggage. This makes the game full of players that need therapy. Case example: Taku.
orpheus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 07:42   Link #1349
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Every anime named character has some form of trauma or something bad in the past or something of the likes...it's standard...
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 08:19   Link #1350
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
but here even not a named character. Just being a player means you had a bad past.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 08:40   Link #1351
Gohan78
Awakened One
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Northern Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
People have to realize that this isn't all that different than a normal person playing an MMO nowadays.
I disagree. You cannot compare Burst Link to a standard MMO because in a standard MMO you can always restart from level 1. In Burst Link there is a rule that if you lose all your points the game will be uninstalled forever.
This make quite the difference IMHO. Especially since acceleration is useful in real life too. This isn't "just a game".
Kuroyukihime was a selfish bastard. She was the only one who wanted to reach the Root Level 10 and she disregarded the will of the other players.
__________________
Tibi, magnum Innominandum,
signa stellarum nigrarum
et bufaniformis Sadoquae sigilim.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 08:51   Link #1352
Haak
God Damn Christmas Songs
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
It's not like Acceleration is a right or anything. It's still just a game so long as they keep it in the virtual world and don't do anything to each other outside of it.

I have another question btw: How many Level 9 players are there? Apparently there are "Six kings" but does that include KYH and/or the King that she already killed? And could there be any other Level 9's? The reason I ask is that the problem I foresee is that according to KYH you need to defeat 5 Level 9 players and if there isn't enough to go around then that means Haru and KYH will have to fight at some point if they're both serious about reaching Level 10.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 08:52   Link #1353
erneiz_hyde
Indifferent
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: InterWebs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
I disagree. You cannot compare Burst Link to a standard MMO because in a standard MMO you can always restart from level 1. In Burst Link there is a rule that if you lose all your points the game will be uninstalled forever.
This make quite the difference IMHO. Especially since acceleration is useful in real life too. This isn't "just a game".
Kuroyukihime was a selfish bastard. She was the only one who wanted to reach the Root Level 10 and she disregarded the will of the other players.
How many others here share this feeling? I do.

I still don't quite get the justification behind KYH's rebellion and Haru's reason for helping her. What's so bad about a truce really? If it's a game, why can't other players choose how to play it how they want? If other players wants a truce who's she for denying that? Unless of course the "game" part was all a farce and this is indeed srs bznz.

Haru gets into such a fit when KYH was about to be attacked by Taku, but isn't he himself going to do this unto others eventually to "win" the game? Does he realize this? He's gonna have to crush the dreams of other Burst Linkers to realize KYH's. I don't know whether Haru really understands the gravity of that or if he's still merely blindly following KYH.
__________________
erneiz_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 08:58   Link #1354
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
It's not like Acceleration is a right or anything. It's still just a game so long as they keep it in the virtual world and don't do anything to each other outside of it.
Unfortunately, highly unlikely. Remember, all players are traumatized people. What's stopping them from taking it personally and do it outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I have another question btw: How many Level 9 players are there? Apparently there are "Six kings" but does that include KYH and/or the King that she already killed? The reason I ask is that the problem I foresee is that according to KYH you need to defeat 5 Level 9 players and if there isn't enough to go around then that means Haru and KYH will have to fight at some point if they're both serious about reaching Level 10.
Not exactly. KYH already killed one so she needs four more kills. So essentially, they both have to decide whether KYH or Haru will become Level 10
orpheus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 09:05   Link #1355
Neki Ecko
"Art"ful Dodger
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Everett, Washington
Age: 35
Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
In a way, all Burst Linkers have major issues or emotional baggage. This makes the game full of players that need therapy. Case example: Taku.
But because of that, most of those Burst Linkers is alot more mature than other folks in the real world. You will see it soon in the next arc.
__________________
Neki Ecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 09:06   Link #1356
SQA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
I disagree. You cannot compare Burst Link to a standard MMO because in a standard MMO you can always restart from level 1. In Burst Link there is a rule that if you lose all your points the game will be uninstalled forever.
This make quite the difference IMHO. Especially since acceleration is useful in real life too. This isn't "just a game".
Kuroyukihime was a selfish bastard. She was the only one who wanted to reach the Root Level 10 and she disregarded the will of the other players.
Accel World has little depth to its Game World. You just have to accept that. What depth it has is just to cover the basic details. Upon any analysis it breaks down very rapidly. (i.e. none of the characters would play the game like they do and the game-world would be horribly unbalanced with no way to respec yourself)

But if you accept this is some .hack//Sign & Bleach mass up, then you'll be okay. It's very pretty and the battles aren't too bad. But the rules serve the plot and what the author wants to happen and nothing much else.

Oh, and, by any objective analysis, Kuroyukihime is actually an idiot with regards to level 10. She's actually something like the Accelerated World's main antagonist. So the entire series is actually following the bad guys. (Granted, it'll probably be a "everyone gets the ability to Burst!" happy ending, but let's not cover over the irreparable real-world damage the characters are going to inflict on the other level 9s) Which is an interesting take, but they're not playing it off that way. They're playing it straight that our group is the "good guys" when they aren't by any measure.

Edit:
Spoiler for Some world info:
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 09:14   Link #1357
Kaos!
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
I hate to say this but further mention of rules in regards to Accel World would be edging on spoiling future contents. For those who read the LN please try to stick with only the rules mentioned in Volume 1 to reply.
Kaos! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 09:14   Link #1358
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Philippines
Just read LN's for further information. Sorry about nearly spoiling it.
orpheus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 09:17   Link #1359
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
How many others here share this feeling? I do.
I kinda do, but I also feel that she's right - they'd terminated plenty of other players to get to level 9. That's why I'm not a big advocate of crying foul for either side. They've both gone too far to expect mercy.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 09:20   Link #1360
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I kinda do, but I also feel that she's right - they'd terminated plenty of other players to get to level 9. That's why I'm not a big advocate of crying foul for either side. They've both gone too far to expect mercy.
True. They invested so much to get that far. It is insult to those they sacrifice to stop now. This game is PvP type. They should have known what to expect.
orpheus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, sci-fi, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.