AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 119 Rating
Perfect 10 11 16.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 26.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 30.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 10.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 9.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.54%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.54%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-10-03, 17:11   Link #181
Nixl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore! View Post
I wouldn't mind it as much but it seems like Yagi was almost trying to replace Ophelia, which is impossible. If Roxanne was angry or strict and evil that would be much better. But she is just a 2nd place poser.
I am not sure I would agree just yet.

The reason I say that is that we knew the reason behind Ophelia's craziness was directed at ABs. Roxanne, for the moment, appears to be a sadist. She likes using people and then throwing them away. What she did to that no.35 was clearly meant to torture Cassandra. For the moment I would say Roxanne ellipses Ophelia.

Now, if Yagi also gives Roxanne a tragic past and someone how ends up fighting Raki then I would agree with you. Ophelia's insanity was in part due to trauma from Priscilla and her role also tested young Raki's metal. It is most certainly possible, but I hope that it does not happen. Not every villain needs a sob story.
Nixl is offline  
Old 2011-10-03, 17:15   Link #182
haegar
mangaviking
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
not gonna get into all of your arguments you two, but @ ellandyl, to label the 3 #1s as fodder at this point is totally premature... they all, or one or two might be intended to take over the spot the old abyssals held in the powerscheme on the island - if yagi is not yet aiming for closure of story that is ... also, they are indeed getting backstories more detailed than some main cast (hysteria excluded, which does support the theories she's gonna get it from miria oneesan good ) but I rly think the way cassy and roxy are introduced they are gonna haunt us a little longer ...
__________________
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/5008/kibatabisig2.png
haegar is offline  
Old 2011-10-03, 17:31   Link #183
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA!!!
Does Cassandra awaken in this chapter? I hope she doesn't. out of all three of them I like her the best. She doesn't seem evil, she is just following her orders, unlike roxanne who is just evil. Hysteria doesn't seem very important.
__________________

"King's to you, Fernand"
Claymore! is offline  
Old 2011-10-03, 17:36   Link #184
MalakTawus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
Seriously, Yagi's villains are the most interesting aspect of Claymore in my opinion, because they make an impact.

I thought it was an especially nice touch by Yagi when Priscilla finally regains her memories only to state that she was going to discard those memories and cast away what humanity she had left. She makes the choice she would rather live as a care-free monster than be inconvenienced with memories as a human. To me that is good method of showing just how dastardly Priscilla is.
Ehm....Priscilla discarded those memories?No way!
That is what she says....but in case u didn't notice what she actually does is the complete opposite,lol.
She IS very concerned about those lost memories,and when she denies that she is clearly fooling herself.
MalakTawus is offline  
Old 2011-10-03, 17:39   Link #185
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
Ehm....Priscilla discarded those memories?No way!
That is what she says....but in case u didn't notice what she actually does is the complete opposite,lol.
She IS very concerned about those lost memories,and when she denies that she is clearly fooling herself.
Wait, are you saying that Priscilla is not evil?
She still remembers those memories but because she is a monster she just doesn't care anymore.
__________________

"King's to you, Fernand"
Claymore! is offline  
Old 2011-10-03, 17:47   Link #186
BleachFan2010
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore! View Post
Does Cassandra awaken in this chapter? I hope she doesn't. out of all three of them I like her the best. She doesn't seem evil, she is just following her orders, unlike roxanne who is just evil. Hysteria doesn't seem very important.
Yep i think she does
BleachFan2010 is offline  
Old 2011-10-03, 17:49   Link #187
MalakTawus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Italy
Quote:
Wait, are you saying that Priscilla is not evil?
She still remembers those memories but because she is a monster she just doesn't care anymore.

It seems there is a misunderstanding....when Nixl said that she regained her memories he was talking about her LOST memories, so when he said that she decided to discard those memories i thought that the subject of the phrase was the same.....but it seems that when Nixl said that he discarded those memories maybe he was referring to the memories of her chibi-version......but those are NOT her lost memories,so that phrase is quite confusing.....

....anyway what i simply meant to say is that Prissy cares A LOT about her lost memory.
MalakTawus is offline  
Old 2011-10-03, 17:52   Link #188
Jean Claymore
Former #9
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Oh lord, you and me come from two different worlds clearly - I hope to never see such a battle happen, and that the story forever remains in it's 'Claymore faze' which is what I look forward too.

If certain things happen or continue to happen, the story will branch far too off from it's original roots (killing off the three Abyssals, for example, was a huge one) and it's better in my opinion to just close the story and make a seperate sequal if that's what Yagi and/or the fans want.
Really? *cough* Not that I like it, but yes from the very beginning I felt like you where far different from me when we used to argue about Alicia vs Riful. But do like this

Anyways, I did believe Yagi got read of them (3 AOs) to lead the storyline to a whole different level as the climax...(facing the DoDs I mean after having crushed the org, not Priscilla). And yes, THAT was one of a biggie and because of that I believe Yagi could focus more on the new arcs. Ah... and I don't think they'll ruin the usual atmosphere just by getting acquainted with some AO leveled "monsters" from a parallel world... I mean, Claymore's been all about yomas and mutants feeding on humans while on the other side you had a group of hot chicks hunting them. I don't know what your opinion is, but at least to me, it seemed very logical and convincing as to what Miria had explained/introduced new terms ignoring the old views. Come to think of it (though I can be wrong talking s*** here but), Claymore's world is an island as well as Japan is... It's no big surprise when in Medieval Era/Meiji Era whatever in Japan ppl didn't know how big of there world where and started exploring new lands and started being more global-like (kinda historical IMO). Anyways, I rather see a clear ending than a weak plotted sequel personally...
__________________
Jean Claymore is offline  
Old 2011-10-03, 17:54   Link #189
O.F Death
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
It would suck if Raftela pulled Cass back at the expense of her life, resulting in Miria Awakening and going berserk on everybody nearby.

Thankfully, there's no way that's happening. Sad to see you go, Cassandra. But Miria's more important to the plot.
O.F Death is offline  
Old 2011-10-03, 17:57   Link #190
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.F Death View Post
It would suck if Raftela pulled Cass back at the expense of her life, resulting in Miria Awakening and going berserk on everybody nearby.

Thankfully, there's no way that's happening. Sad to see you go, Cassandra. But Miria's more important to the plot.
Yeah, i highly doubt that will happen
I don't think Raftela would try to save Cassandra at all. And Miria is more important. She is like the 2nd main character.
__________________

"King's to you, Fernand"
Claymore! is offline  
Old 2011-10-03, 18:03   Link #191
haegar
mangaviking
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
well she might try save everybody else by reverting Cassy to human form desu ne?
As for her dying before she can pull back Miria, I have no prob whatsoever with that.
Yes, you heard right.
Because if Miria goes from death to life from loosing to winning from half-awakend to awakening and THEN on top of all the backpeddling gets freakin ASSPULLED back into sanity( by a mindfuck claymore that died and got asspulled back to life to be a lifesaver for taichou, mind) EVEN I, BEING A HUGE FAN AND WANTING HER TO LIVE ON SOMETIME...SHALL BE MIGHTILY PISSED. /ENDRANT

edit: either she can control it herself and go back to normal herself and she is lucky cause she did not to take it up yet ANOTHER notch against hysteria, then that is fine. OR she cannot, and then don't asspull us and it is fine too

p.s. also I would not mind seeing Miria as totally badass, nice assed, bareboobed, feral, wild, crazy, animalistic ... er...for want of a better word, creature I repeat: nude. That is to say she might be hot as AB so lez see where this goes
__________________
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/5008/kibatabisig2.png
haegar is offline  
Old 2011-10-03, 18:06   Link #192
MalakTawus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Italy
Tbh the only reason that makes me belive that Miria will survive again is because her fake death is too soon........but without that aspect i'd say that this battle is the perfect battle for her to die.
Just to be clear,i don't want her to die,ok?
I'm just saying that this battle is her BIG battle so, if she really has to die, this is the right moment imo.......but thinking about it one of the best part in Yagi's plot is that key characters sometimes die suddenly,so maybe Yagi consider her death in this battle too predictable.

------------------------------

Also i have some doubts that Rafty can pull back someone from the awakening.....not because she doesn't have the potential to do so but becauseim quite sure that no one in the org knows that its actually possible to pull someone back.
MalakTawus is offline  
Old 2011-10-03, 18:07   Link #193
Nixl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
It seems there is a misunderstanding....when Nixl said that she regained her memories he was talking about her LOST memories, so when he said that she decided to discard those memories i thought that the subject of the phrase was the same.....but it seems that when Nixl said that he discarded those memories maybe he was referring to the memories of her chibi-version......but those are NOT her lost memories,so that phrase is quite confusing.....

....anyway what i simply meant to say is that Prissy cares A LOT about her lost memory.
Sorry for the confusion Malak, I was sure I remembered Priscilla stating she was going to forget those memories again, but it has been a while since I read it. I am going to double check once I can. I feel like it was right after she tore zombie-Dauf to pieces she said something about memories. I will clarify once I can reread it.

edit: Chapter 103, pages 21

"All other memories have no choice but to be erased"

Although, she does state, "except that one." However, I interpreted that has throwing away essentially all her human memories away those both regained and those as a chibi.

Spoiler for Panel in question:
Nixl is offline  
Old 2011-10-03, 18:08   Link #194
Elandyll
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: AZ - USA
Age: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
not gonna get into all of your arguments you two, but @ ellandyl, to label the 3 #1s as fodder at this point is totally premature... they all, or one or two might be intended to take over the spot the old abyssals held in the powerscheme on the island - if yagi is not yet aiming for closure of story that is ... also, they are indeed getting backstories more detailed than some main cast (hysteria excluded, which does support the theories she's gonna get it from miria oneesan good ) but I rly think the way cassy and roxy are introduced they are gonna haunt us a little longer ...
Well, time (and it's taking too much of that already Yagi!) might prove me wrong, but it looks to me like all three will end up being disposed of, and thus just yet another artificial delay in the development of the story - just a little more developed than Agatha was.

Again, time might prove me wrong, but that's the feeling I get at the moment.

Heck, even Dietrich whom looked to potentially be a new major player (introduced in chapter 86 no less, nearly 2 years ago), has been more or less pointless frankly so far imo.
Elandyll is offline  
Old 2011-10-03, 18:10   Link #195
haegar
mangaviking
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
hey, agatha was nicely developed in all the important places (well that is... counts... chest and deranged mind. both had all the development they needed)

as for Dee, she got quite a bit of character dev via her changing relation to the ghosts... and bear in mind that whatever is left of current gen single digits after this fight, including dee, might become part of the ghost force... I definetly see people like Dee and Anna taggin along with the girls. In Anna's case I don't care so much but dont ya be mean to dee ^^
__________________
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/5008/kibatabisig2.png
haegar is offline  
Old 2011-10-03, 18:10   Link #196
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
On cell must be brief...


Odd thought about why Cassandras form wasnt shown. Maybe She wont awaken and will be saved by the ghosts timely arrival and them reverting her in front of org and warriors... I sadly am beginning to suspect this since she had that whole I cant harm fellow warriors speech. I dont see how yagi would play this long term since the org has no power atm to capture them once they find out but inversely short term it could force Rubels hand which could be another nice plot twist. Plus once Roxanne sees it she very well covit that ability, though that is less likely.

Hoping this doesnt play out but felt like sharing the random thought any how...
__________________
Ryus is offline  
Old 2011-10-03, 18:15   Link #197
Nixl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
hey, agatha was nicely developed in all the important places (well that is... counts... chest and deranged mind. both had all the development they needed)
So was Rene if you know what I mean.

Her assets did nothing to save her.
Nixl is offline  
Old 2011-10-03, 18:15   Link #198
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elandyll View Post
Heck, even Dietrich whom looked to potentially be a new major player (introduced in chapter 86 no less, nearly 2 years ago), has been more or less pointless frankly so far imo.
I agree with that
But i'm glad that Yagi hasn't done anything with her. I never liked her and i think she was over-rated when people were saying how hot she was.

As for Rosemary and Renee
Rosemary was a monster so i didn't find her attractive. I never liked Renee, her hairstyle kinda disgusts me for some reason. But both of them did have large breast .
__________________

"King's to you, Fernand"
Claymore! is offline  
Old 2011-10-03, 18:23   Link #199
haegar
mangaviking
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore! View Post
I agree with that
But i'm glad that Yagi hasn't done anything with her. I never liked her and i think she was over-rated when people were saying how hot she was.

As for Rosemary and Renee
Rosemary was a monster so i didn't find her attractive. I never liked Renee, her hairstyle kinda disgusts me for some reason. But both of them did have large breast .
Dee, Renee and Roxy, bashed in ONE post...


edit: shoots I am tired. you wrote rosemary. sry, my bad. well rosemary I never liked either. So much i even ignored her boobies
__________________
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/5008/kibatabisig2.png
haegar is offline  
Old 2011-10-03, 18:24   Link #200
Nixl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore! View Post
I agree with that
But i'm glad that Yagi hasn't done anything with her. I never liked her and i think she was over-rated when people were saying how hot she was.

As for Rosemary and Renee
Rosemary was a monster so i didn't find her attractive. I never liked Renee, her hairstyle kinda disgusts me for some reason. But both of them did have large breast .
Are....are you making fun of Dee....



Et tu Claymore!...et tu....
Nixl is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.