AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 119 Rating
Perfect 10 11 16.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 26.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 30.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 10.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 9.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.54%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.54%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-10-05, 19:16   Link #421
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Edit: Also, pfffffffffffftbbbbb to everyone who dares to say Rox is more psychotic than Ophelia!
That is because she is, Ophelia at least had her own trauma to explain her actions and even "allowed" herself to be defeated by Clare once she realized she had awakened.

Roxanne has basically zero redeeming qualities, and has gone out of her way to ensure the demise of warriors simply because she grew disgusted with their techniques. This chapter really seals the deal, she allowed a warrior to be tortured/raped to death by an Awakened Being simply to provoke Cassandra and deprive her of her one friend.


Ophelia was just crazy, while Roxanne is truly psychotic.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/rZD75r9.jpg
Fenrir_valindri is offline  
Old 2011-10-05, 19:18   Link #422
germanturkey
Smiling Monster
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
@GermanTurkey She used the hilt of her sword to finish Cassandra, notice page 27 where Roxanne brings her sword hilt down on Cassandra and on the top of page 28 she removes it causing a blood spray.
ah. i wasn't aware that that's what it was called.
__________________
Aria is the best series EVER. Rewatch Origination with me.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline  
Old 2011-10-05, 19:20   Link #423
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA!!!
Well we all know that Ophelia is still the coolest and roxanne is just a poser.

The whole scenario with Cassandra and Roxanne is like what happened with Miria and Ophelia. Miria lost control and Cassandra lost because two differrent crazy people enraged them. But Ophelia is so much better .
__________________

"King's to you, Fernand"
Claymore! is offline  
Old 2011-10-05, 19:22   Link #424
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Definitely look forward to whenever Roxanne gets killed. It may make things more interesting to have someone that cruel and evil around, but doesn't mean I don't enjoy seeing them get taken down in a brutal fashion. Cassandra's whole life seems to be one great tragedy and the end just lined up with it. Hopefully this being brought back will at least give her one chance to get revenge for her friend.
__________________
FlareKnight is online now  
Old 2011-10-05, 19:24   Link #425
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Nah, that is nostalgia and personal bias coming into play. Ophelia allowed Hilda to awaken so she would get the chance to fight her later, and provoked Miria for the same reason. All of this is linked to her own obsession with Awakened Beings.

Roxanne doesn't even have the luxary of this excuse, she simply despised Cassandra and her technique. So she went out of her way to get her friends killed, then purposefully provoked Cassandra into starting a fight with her in the middle of the Organization.

Of the two scenarios, Roxanne comes out ahead by leaps and miles on the psycho/evil scale.

Ophelia just had a more likeable personality, while Roxanne is an evil bitch.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/rZD75r9.jpg
Fenrir_valindri is offline  
Old 2011-10-05, 19:26   Link #426
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In a 2D paradise
@Claymore!

actually the major difference in Miria and Cassy situation was she did not have enough power. And she truly feared Ophy. Cassy on the otherhand did not know of such a fear and is probably on par or better than Roxanne.

I am sure someone would by now have analysed both the char's and say that Cassy was a weaker no.1.

If for example Yagi never revealed the circumstances for Ophy being what she was, she would still be deemed of just being too crazy and probably pure evil as well. But after we knew her past my perspective of her changed completely. I will just wait to hear what "sad" story Roxanne has to say she has become what she has become.

Who knows she might have been tormented as a child as well. I sure would love to see her demise as a claymore as well.
__________________
An4rchy99 is offline  
Old 2011-10-05, 19:27   Link #427
rafael1932
claymores pimp
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Roxane is a lot smarter too. She was aware that cassandra would attack her and made a plan before hand so everyone was dancing her music.

I do not fell pity about cassandra getting killed by those warriors. She only got what she deserved. If she was a truly good girl, she would not lose her mind just like that, she would try to get near roxane first.

Getting bored with miria. why hysteria don’t go to 50 % yoki release ? plot armor, right ?

also, i think that claymore will become poor when roxane finally dies - she will so miria can defeat the org
__________________
rafael1932 is offline  
Old 2011-10-05, 19:28   Link #428
TheRussianMeatClob
My Vision is Augmented
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Wisconsin!
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Nah, that is nostalgia and personal bias coming into play. Ophelia allowed Hilda to awaken so she would get the chance to fight her later, and provoked Miria for the same reason. All of this is linked to her own obsession with Awakened Beings.

Roxanne doesn't even have the luxary of this excuse, she simply despised Cassandra and her technique. So she went out of her way to get her friends killed, then purposefully provoked Cassandra into starting a fight with her in the middle of the Organization.

Of the two scenarios, Roxanne comes out ahead by leaps and miles on the psycho/evil scale.

Ophelia just had a more likeable personality, while Roxanne is an evil bitch.
Yeah Ophelia was just whats the word i'm looking for here.....Fun?
__________________
".........." -Some wise words from Adventure seeker Killy in the Cyber Dungeon quest!
TheRussianMeatClob is offline  
Old 2011-10-05, 19:30   Link #429
MalakTawus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Italy
I like Cassy so much!!!
I hope she'll be able to kill (or at least defeat) Roxy.
Anyway,even at the very end, Roxy didn't have the guts to have a real fight against Cassy,lol.

@rafael

Quote:
I do not fell pity about cassandra getting killed by those warriors. She only got what she deserved. If she was a truly good girl, she would not lose her mind just like that, she would try to get near roxane first.
Wrong.In case you don't know,temporary insanity is something that can happen even to good people in determinate situations.
MalakTawus is offline  
Old 2011-10-05, 19:30   Link #430
Nixl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafael1932 View Post
Getting bored with miria. why hysteria don’t go to 50 % yoki release ? plot armor, right ?

also, i think that claymore will become poor when roxane finally dies - she will so miria can defeat the org
I think it is pretty well implied by Dae that Hysteria is going to awaken and perhaps Roxanne as well. So, I would not worry too much as of yet.
Nixl is offline  
Old 2011-10-05, 19:31   Link #431
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
I'm going to lol if Yagi trolled us and it was Rox, not Cas, who awakens at the end of this chapter (I mean, the last page seems open to interpretation seeing as there's the trainee/crappy Claymore Rox was fighting standing in it ).
creb is offline  
Old 2011-10-05, 19:32   Link #432
limao
DeAd
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
also, i think that claymore will become poor when roxane finally dies
Bleh...It was already poor before she appeared so won't make any difference

Quote:
I'm going to lol if Yagi trolled us and it was Rox, not Cas, who awakens at the end of this chapter (I mean, the last page seems open to interpretation seeing as there's the trainee Rox was fighting standing in it ).
It could be Miria too lol, but the odds are on Cassandra's side since she was falling apart (I can not see a stronger reason for awakening ) or maybe she just exploded and her pieces flew everywhere...who knows?
limao is offline  
Old 2011-10-05, 19:33   Link #433
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafael1932 View Post

I do not fell pity about cassandra getting killed by those warriors. She only got what she deserved. If she was a truly good girl, she would not lose her mind just like that, she would try to get near roxane first.
Not really logical here, she was enraged that her only friend was brutally tortured to death, and the person responsible for that was right there. The fact she basically accepted her fellow warrior's attacks as penance for cutting them on her way to Roxanne really makes her out to be far more noble then your giving her credit for.

Quote:
Getting bored with miria. why hysteria don’t go to 50 % yoki release ? plot armor, right ?
Because it wouldn't help at all? The problem here IS speed, increasing her Yoki won't make her react faster, it would just make her move faster. This would only compound the problem she is having with Miria now. It is a matter of reaction time now, not actual speed. Not to mention that we don't know if she can use her "Elegent" technique if she goes over a certain amount of yoki, due to the precise movements.

Heck, she could be like Galatea and just be a vain, she does seem quite set on calling Miria's technique crude/ugly, so aesthetics are probably involved.

She simply can't react well enough to avoid Miria's attacks, which is the same reason Miria can't dodge hers.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/rZD75r9.jpg

Last edited by Fenrir_valindri; 2011-10-05 at 19:47.
Fenrir_valindri is offline  
Old 2011-10-05, 19:33   Link #434
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
I like Cassy so much!!!
I hope she'll be able to kill (or at least defeat) Roxy.
Anyway,even at the very end, Roxy didn't have the guts to have a real fight against Cassy,lol.
I completely agree. Cassandra is a much more likable character than Roxanne. And don't forget that Roxanne is a prostitute. I also hope that Cassandra kills Roxanne without awakening (may be too late) because Cassandra was such a better character and she would make a fine addition to the rebellion.
__________________

"King's to you, Fernand"
Claymore! is offline  
Old 2011-10-05, 19:46   Link #435
MalakTawus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Italy
Thinking about it,now the situation could really evolve in ghosts' favour......Cassy and Roxy will keep themselves busy for some time, and even if i can't see Miria defeat Hysty in any way (unless Hysty makes some stupid mistake,lol) she'll probably be able to prolong that fight at least untill Deneve's group arrives......also for some strange reason i don't see Hysty truly interested in the fight,so i wouldn't be too surprised if at some point she decides to leave the battlefield and go away,lol.

.....the big problem would be if Hysty awakens too....
MalakTawus is offline  
Old 2011-10-05, 19:50   Link #436
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
Thinking about it,now the situation could really evolve in ghosts' favour......Cassy and Roxy will keep themselves busy for some time, and even if i can't see Miria defeat Hysty in any way (unless Hysty makes some stupid mistake,lol) she'll probably be able to prolong that fight at least untill Deneve's group arrives......also for some strange reason i don't see Hysty truly interested in the fight,so i wouldn't be too surprised if at some point she decides to leave the battlefield and go away,lol.

.....the big problem would be if Hysty awakens too....
Yeah Hysteria almost doesn't seem to care very much. She almost seems like she is in a daze of somesort. Maybe the resurection wasn't as successful as we think. and if she isn't fully there it might be a lot easier for her to awaken.
__________________

"King's to you, Fernand"
Claymore! is offline  
Old 2011-10-05, 19:50   Link #437
limao
DeAd
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Oh, speaking of the Ghosts...they're taking a while to arrive lol
limao is offline  
Old 2011-10-05, 19:52   Link #438
claremore
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore! View Post
Yeah Hysteria almost doesn't seem to care very much. She almost seems like she is in a daze of somesort. Maybe the resurection wasn't as successful as we think. and if she isn't fully there it might be a lot easier for her to awaken.
only for roxanne the resurrection was very successful, probably because she was never human from the beginning
claremore is offline  
Old 2011-10-05, 19:53   Link #439
ellifeedn
Thinker
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New York
Would Cassandra fit in with the Ghosts?
ellifeedn is offline  
Old 2011-10-05, 19:54   Link #440
Nixl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Would Cassandra fit in with the Ghosts?
Since I am pretty sure Cassandra is awakening, I do not think so. True be told, I think Roxanne may get her thrill out of fighting an awakened Cassandra and then dispose of her.
Nixl is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.